Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Africans Need To Be Modernize - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Africans Need To Be Modernize (1601 Views)

Do Yall Hate Us South Africans That Much?? / Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans / Anyone Notice Ethiopian Women Do Not Date Other Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africans Need To Be Modernize by ghboytelle(m): 7:36am On Dec 22, 2011
I am very sorry,but we need to grow up ,as in we need to act our era. I am sick and tired of going on African sites  and seeing ppl  being insulted for asking a modernize question. One of these questions is about marriage. I seriously cannot see a 21 year old marrying and having kids. It's not like olden times where people by the age of 16 have most of their future sorted out and are sure of a job to provide for their family. This is the 21st century where we might not even get a proper job at 24 years old.

So i ask this question why must we Africans not understand when a women or even a man at the age of 30 still not married?. As a result we resort to insulting them by  telling them to hurry up,theirs no chance , you will be single forever ect,

were not in the past anymore medicines,law, and everything has advanced.

start thinking like ppl today and  stop condemning ppl who are not married by 24 or 28,29 whatever ,we got a career to be thinking about nobody wants to deprive their children of something because of money issues. Get the better Job you want now and stop thinking about marriage.

education and money are important in today's world weather u like it or not.
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by 195(f): 8:45am On Dec 22, 2011
tell Nigerian girls undecided
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by tavon(m): 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2011
preach on sister
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by pendo89(f): 1:12pm On Dec 22, 2011
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by freecocoa(f): 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2011
Duh!
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2011
You berra go and marry that your Aboki angry
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by Goldieluks: 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2011
Preach on Preacher. smiley
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by cynthiafred67(f): 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2011
*Yawns*
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by slimyem: 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
*scoffs*
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by zolzlolz(f): 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2011
*laughs*
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by 195(f): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
*Throws condom on zorozo forehead*
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by zolzlolz(f): 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2011
*chokes wheezy with condom*
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by 195(f): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2011
*He'll bite* angry angry
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by zolzlolz(f): 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2011
I'll have that yorkie in the emergency room in no time. Bite, puuurleeeeez. Smh
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by 195(f): 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2011
*Zorozo >> Animal Killer*
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by zolzlolz(f): 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2011
190_@:

*Zorozo >> Animal Killer*
animal neglector for leaving dog in presence of animal killer. You get time too!
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by 195(f): 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2011
zoro >> I pray you dont mistake your husband for an animal angry angry
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by zolzlolz(f): 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2011
I'm never marrying YOU, so I won't. Stop praying
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by 195(f): 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2011
Zorozo >> Animal feminist undecided
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2011
ghboytelle:
I am very sorry,but we need to grow up ,as in we need to act our era. I am sick and tired of going on African sites  and seeing ppl  being insulted for asking a modernize question. One of these questions are about marriage, i seriously cannot see a 21 year old marrying and having kids. It's not like olden times where people by the age of 16 have most of their future sorted out and are sure of a job to provide for their family. This is the 21st century where we might not even get a proper job at 24 years old.

So i ask this question why must we Africans not understand when a women or even a man at the age of 30 still not married?  well as a result we react to insulting them by  telling them to hurry up,theirs no chance , you will be single forever ect,

were not in the pass anymore medicines,law, and everything has advanced.

start thinking like ppl today and  stop condemning ppl who are not married by 24 or 28,29 whatever ,we got a career to be thinking about nobody wants to deprive their kids of something because of money issues. Get the better Job you want now and stop thinking about marriage.

education and money are important in today's world weather u like it or not.

Thank you thank you. Some of us are still in school and our parents chasing us on marriage and grandchildren issues. E don tey wey I break my biological clock. I simply go as the wind blows. I can't be rushing to meet marriage and child-bearing deadlines because of agadis who have already lived their own lives. At about 55-60, our parents should get golfing memberships and travel, rather than meddle into the affairs of their children because they hardly make sense. 1975 and 2011 contrast extremely. Jobs that didn't need much education now require one or two levels of university degrees. Money first, family later. That is, if you wish to live comfortably.
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by ghboytelle(m): 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
ogugua88:

Thank you thank you. Some of us are still in school and our parents chasing us on marriage and grandchildren issues. E don tey wey I break my biological clock. I simply go as the wind blows. I can't be rushing to meet marriage and child-bearing deadlines because of agadis who have already lived their own lives. At about 55-60, our parents should get golfing memberships and travel, rather than meddle into the affairs of their children because they hardly make sense. 1975 and 2011 contrast extremely. Jobs that didn't need much education now require one or two levels of university degrees. Money first, family later. That is, if you wish to live comfortably.

Yeah a tun of African parents including aunts and uncles need to know that things have changed. were not in 1975 anymore
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by ghboytelle(m): 7:21pm On Dec 22, 2011
Ijogz K:

You berra go and marry that your Aboki angry

go marry now and be poor. then you will be asking yourself why didn't i just get my education so i can provide for my family.
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by ghboytelle(m): 7:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
190_@:

tell Nigerian girls undecided

No everyone is included,both men and women on this site insult unmarried individuals.
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by 195(f): 7:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
ogugua88:

This post clearly is a HUGH BLOW to my plans in marrying Ogugua

how and where i wan from start again  sad sad
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by LordReed(m): 7:29pm On Dec 22, 2011
@OP
You need to modernize your grammar.
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by Mynd44: 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2011
And this is supposed to do what? Seriously people should stop blaming others for their misfortune. Granted you are being pressured to marry, did they tie you arms and leg and force you? Evrything is a choice and your future is nobody's responsibility except you. So if you say you got married becaiuse the insults are too much then be ready for more.
Feminist jargons. You want something that is already yours
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by ghboytelle(m): 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
Lord_Reed:

@OP
You need to modernize your grammar.

You are absolutely right ,I'd be happy if you would point out my mistakes so i can improve. My very poor grammar is due to having too grow up with an illiterate mother, a grandmother who couldn't speak English, and a poor school system that didn't spend much time teaching me how to correctly write. At the moment i am learning things on my own.
wink
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by ghboytelle(m): 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2011
Mynd_44:

And this is supposed to do what? Seriously people should stop blaming others for their misfortune. Granted you are being pressured to marry, did they tie you arms and leg and force you? Evrything is a choice and your future is nobody's responsibility except you. So if you say you got married becaiuse the insults are too much then be ready for more.
Feminist jargons. You want something that is already yours

but choice can also be influenced.Stop trying to ignore the fact that people strongly make their decision based on public opinion,especially if it is from close relatives like mom and dad.
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by Mynd44: 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2011
^^^
So you would forfeit your future just cos mum and dad are disturbing you?
Is there no difference between pressure and forcing? You always have a choice and if women are as half as strong as they claim to be then they should be able to resist pressure
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by claremont(m): 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
Mynd_44:

[size=14pt]Feminist jargons[/size]. You want something that is already yours
Exactly what I had in mind to say. In addition, as far as I know, most of the feminism we see being flung around these days is borne out of inner frustration towards the menfolk.
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by 195(f): 11:58pm On Dec 22, 2011
claremont:

Exactly what I had in mind to say. In addition, as far as I know, most of the feminism we see being flung around these days is borne out of inner frustration towards the menfolk.
grin grin grin

Lets see where their feminism gets them
their kids tend to suffer and have this wayward look about live
feminist tend to give birth to daughters who see the world like their mom and so on and so forth
Just cos of the mistakes idiosyncratic of one woman she destroys her entire generation

Lord have mercy undecided
Re: Africans Need To Be Modernize by ghboytelle(m): 12:32am On Dec 23, 2011
um you guys i am not a girl,just so you know. By the way not all of us lives in nigeria some of us are in a more modernize country.

it's ether you get a good job now , or let your kids suffer. how many 24 year olds do you know have a stable job?. Plus everyone knows no one in the relationship should be dependent on the other. would u really allow your own little sister to be a house wife to some block?.
we don't live in the african jungles anymore, were now living in cities where we need money from BOTH partners.

start thinking our era stop thinking your parents era. cheesy

Mynd_44:

^^^
So you would forfeit your future just cos mum and dad are disturbing you?
Is there no difference between pressure and forcing? You always have a choice and if women are as half as strong as they claim to be then they should be able to resist pressure

sounds like you do not like to listen to your parents.

(1) (2) (Reply)

His Ex Wish Him Dead / He’s Wonderful & Wants To Marry Me, But He Doesn’t Know I Was A Prostitute / Your View

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.