Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. - Computers (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. (65466 Views)

Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by gergemam: 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
@Op U doing a great Job here.. More Juice in your cabinet...

My Love for any Apple's product is unending. The IOS, OSX among others.. the shortcuts on d Keyboard (Exposés & Spaces) though I still use d Old Mac PowerBook G4 which it's incomparable to any PC, Maleeq Guy doesn't know anything about Mac...

My question goes thus... I wanna repair my G4 screen, any idea on that & how can I get a webcam that will work for my MAC POWERBOOK G4. thanks
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2013
ger_gemam: @Op U doing a great Job here.. More Juice in your cabinet...

My Love for any Apple's product is unending. The IOS, OSX among others.. the shortcuts on d Keyboard (Exposés & Spaces) though I still use d Old Mac PowerBook G4 which it's incomparable to any PC, Maleeq Guy doesn't know anything about Mac...

My question goes thus... I wanna repair my G4 screen, any idea on that & how can I get a webcam that will work for my MAC POWERBOOK G4. thanks

We need someone to donate a MacBook Pro to Maleeq. After a few weeks with it, he will drop the windows format like a sack of potatoes.

Repairing or replacing your G4 screen might be very tricky.As it is a model that is very out of date I'm not sure how readily available parts for it might be. There is a tutorial video on youtube on how to replace the screen. I suggest you try searching Amazon for replacement screens.
I know someone who has used a Logitech Quickcam Vision pro for years on his powerbook G4 without any problems.I think amazon might be your best friend here again. Just do a search for webcams compatible with your Powerbook G4.
In order to continue enjoying the many benefits the Mac OS architecture has to offer, I suggest your best option might be actually upgrading your mac to a newer model that is capable of smoothly running the latest OS.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Keji3: 11:21am On Mar 01, 2013
pls what can i do 2 stop d back cover of my macbook 4rm total peel off? i need help asap cos its really embarrassing bringing it out in public
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 9:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
'Keji :
pls what can i do 2 stop d back cover of my macbook 4rm total peel off? i need help asap cos its really embarrassing bringing it out in public

If you can find an Apple authorised service provider, they will replace the back cover for you free of charge.
http://www.apple.com/support/macbook-bottomcase/
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Keji3: 3:04am On Mar 05, 2013
Olisa74:

If you can find an Apple authorised service provider, they will replace the back cover for you free of charge.
http://www.apple.com/support/macbook-bottomcase/
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Maleeq(m): 10:45am On Mar 13, 2013
@olisa & @ger_gemam
Still waiting for the mac donation o! I accept cash too! cheesy
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Maleeq(m): 10:55am On Mar 13, 2013
Olisa74: Apple has introduced the Fusion Drive to the world. Will PC manufactures catch on?
Really? I have used an ASUS machine from 2011 with that setup...on windows! Apple is simply "coining a trademark: Fusion Drive".

On my lenovo currently, I've got an SSD/SATA drive combo. I could simply remap/re-install my OS files (root, bin, opt) to the SSD, map my home directory to the SATA drive and bingo!! I have individually replicated the revolutionary FUSION Drive grin

Seriously, Its been around before Apple coined this trademark...if it wasn't, you and I know Apple would have patented it sharply!
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
Maleeq:
Really? I have used an ASUS machine from 2011 with that setup...on windows! Apple is simply "coining a trademark: Fusion Drive".

On my lenovo currently, I've got an SSD/SATA drive combo. I could simply remap/re-install my OS files (root, bin, opt) to the SSD, map my home directory to the SATA drive and bingo!! I have individually replicated the revolutionary FUSION Drive grin

Seriously, Its been around before Apple coined this trademark...if it wasn't, you and I know Apple would have patented it sharply!

ditto

my program files and windows files reside on my ssd

profiles reside on my hdd

any disk hogging folders (MSO cache, Installer etc) reside on my hdd and are linked via junctions to my ssd
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 10:29am On Mar 15, 2013
Maleeq:

oyb:

ditto

my program files and windows files reside on my ssd

profiles reside on my hdd

any disk hogging folders (MSO cache, Installer etc) reside on my hdd and are linked via junctions to my ssd

You guys are missing the point. The technology is not new, but the way Apple have implemented it into the OS is.

What the Fusion Drive is not:
Do not confuse the Fusion Drive with a Cache or Hybrid drive. Cache drives, like Intel Smart Response Technology, are found in performance desktops as well as many of the latest ultrabooks. Caching uses a small amount of SSD or Flash storage (16GB to 32GB is common) to help speed up repeatable tasks like booting and waking from sleep. The cache drives are invisible to the user, and don't count as "real" storage. (1TB 5,400 hard drive + 32GB mSATA SSD yields 1TB of storage.) It's the same with self-contained Hybrid drives like the Seagate Momentus XT. The Fusion Drive shows as 1.12TB of storage space, which is the 1TB hard drive plus the storage from the 128GB Flash storage.

You never have to manage it. The Fusion Drive is set up at the factory; you never have to fiddle with any settings. THE DRIVE AUTOMATICALLY MOVES often-used programs and files from the hard drive to the Flash storage and back, depending on how often you use an item. If you ever have to reinstall the operating system, OS X Mountain Lion (10.cool and future versions will automatically set up Fusion Drive for you, even if you need to reformat your main drive.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412726,00.asp
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Maleeq(m): 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2013
Olisa74:
You guys are missing the point. The technology is not new, but the way Apple have implemented it into the OS is.
So, you admit they copied? or you still think its as revolutionary as a rounded-edge rectangle? grin

And my SDD isn't invisible. I fitted it, and I have full read/write to it. Besides, I consider the user having the option of pushing files "he considers important/frequent" to the SSD as more powerful than having the OS move files it considers for me!
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by wisepluto(m): 8:25am On Mar 21, 2013
Tnx @Op for this opportunity. I was developing mobile apps on a windows pc. It later crashed and I had to go for a Macbook pro...I have already partitioned the hard disk for both Mac OS and Windows 7 OS. But the challenge am currently faced with is that of the right drivers to enable all the functionality of windows on my mac. An example is the wireless lan which cannot detect any wifi within range. How best do I resolve this issue? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 9:18am On Mar 21, 2013
wisepluto: Tnx @Op for this opportunity. I was developing mobile apps on a windows pc. It later crashed and I had to go for a Macbook pro...I have already partitioned the hard disk for both Mac OS and Windows 7 OS. But the challenge am currently faced with is that of the right drivers to enable all the functionality of windows on my mac. An example is the wireless lan which cannot detect any wifi within range. How best do I resolve this issue? Thanks in anticipation.

How did you installed the windows i.e. bootcamp

was the windows cd original cd or copied, pleas be specific

please refer to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3986

pls provide yes or no

You have a mac ?
Already had os x ?
Now want Win 7
to dual boot ?

How did you
install it in the first place ?
for example used original windows cd
etc. it can be complicated so time
when you have dual operating system.
i suggest you go to goole and
type how to install windows 7
on mac it will guide you through

use google thats the solution
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by wisepluto(m): 9:00am On Mar 22, 2013
Tnx @deji, i tried it out but the result of what i downloaded didn't seem to be compatible with my system.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 9:59am On Mar 22, 2013
wisepluto: Tnx @deji, i tried it out but the result of what i downloaded didn't seem to be compatible with my system.
pls provide yes or no

You have a mac ?
Already had os x ?
Now want Win 7
to dual boot ?

How did you
install it in the first place ?
for example used original windows cd
etc. it can be complicated so time
when you have dual operating system.
i suggest you go to goole and
type how to install windows 7
on mac it will guide you through

use google thats the solution
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2013
wisepluto: Tnx @Op for this opportunity. I was developing mobile apps on a windows pc. It later crashed and I had to go for a Macbook pro...I have already partitioned the hard disk for both Mac OS and Windows 7 OS. But the challenge am currently faced with is that of the right drivers to enable all the functionality of windows on my mac. An example is the wireless lan which cannot detect any wifi within range. How best do I resolve this issue? Thanks in anticipation.

@Wisepluto have you been able to resolve your issue?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by wisepluto(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
Olisa74:

@Wisepluto have you been able to resolve your issue?

Oh Yes, tnx a bunch Mr Olisa, i've resolved the issue, i got to download the supporting drivers...Tnx 4 ur concern.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by gergemam: 10:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
@ Op... Thanks a lot for your info but nw I was able to turn my Android Phone to a Webcam using some softwares via USB... I really do appreciate what U've bin doing here... Much Love... Xoxo

1 Like

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by gabriellasurest: 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
Pls Ineed a mac. Os software to install urgently
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
gabriellasurest: Pls Ineed a mac. Os software to install urgently

Do you need mac o s x 10.6 operating system or os x application software, please be precise.
For the mac os x Operating system you need to buy one from a retailer and install it.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by solabug: 11:36am On Apr 12, 2013
Thanks
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by lanreflo(m): 11:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
ger_gemam: @Op U doing a great Job here.. More Juice in your cabinet...

whats the exact model of the G4 so we can give you an idea, if parts are available locally or you have to order in.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by lanreflo(m): 11:29pm On Apr 22, 2013
'Keji :

Whats the modelm you can just replace the back cover. it'll be as good as brand new
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by lanreflo(m): 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2013

You need to install bootcamp 5, i had the same problem with Windows 8 on my Macbook pro 13, a colleague also has trouble with his trackpad but since we installed bootcamp 5, all is well...

Download here --> http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1638

IF you also want, we can get someone to come install it for you / give you a copy
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by gergemam: 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
lanreflo:

whats the exact model of the G4 so we can give you an idea, if parts are available locally or you have to order in.

Thanks Mr. Lanreflo.. Model is powerbook G4 series 12" White Aluminium

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 / Difference Between China HP And Original HP? / Computer Professional Body In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.