Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. (65454 Views)

Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by segeb1980: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2012
hi

I am trying to install a wimax (mobitel modem) on macbook pro 2012

any tips on how to do this ?

thx
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olaone1: 7:52pm On Aug 18, 2012
segeb1980: hi

I am trying to install a wimax (mobitel modem) on macbook pro 2012

any tips on how to do this ?

thx
Is the modem compatible with latest models of macpro?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 9:45pm On Aug 18, 2012
filibust: Hi Friends,

Just noticed this anomaly on my Macpro microsoft word document. Anytime I insert an image to a document, microsoft word cease to respond, until I restart the system.

Please what's responsible for this and how can I resolve it?

Thanks.

Have you tried re installing your Microsoft Office Suite? It sounds like your current installation might be corrupt.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
filibust: Hi Friends,

Just noticed this anomaly on my Macpro microsoft word document. Anytime I insert an image to a document, microsoft word cease to respond, until I restart the system.

Please what's responsible for this and how can I resolve it?

Thanks.

is this microsoft office for mac or office suite

Open up office and click on the menu try your best and
look for microsoft office diagnostics or refer to

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/diagnose-and-repair-crashing-office-programs-by-using-office-diagnostics-HA001234076.aspx
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Qaslay(m): 6:29am On Aug 24, 2012
Hello,
I am planning to buy a MacBook pro. I have two options: either to buy it from stores in US through a friend travelling down very soon or from authorised dealers in Nigeria. The first option is cheaper but I'm afraid I may not be able to access the warranty coverage if I use that option. Of course this wont be a problem if I decide to buy from authorised dealers in Nigeria, but this is quite expensive.

My questions: Is it possible to access the warranty service from authorised dealers in Nigeria if it is bought in US? What is your advice for me considering that I want something not too expensive and also want to have access to its warranty coverage?

I will appreciate a prompt response because my friend will be travelling very soon. thanks
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 1:41pm On Aug 25, 2012
Qaslay: Hello,
I am planning to buy a MacBook pro. I have two options: either to buy it from stores in US through a friend travelling down very soon or from authorised dealers in Nigeria. The first option is cheaper but I'm afraid I may not be able to access the warranty coverage if I use that option. Of course this wont be a problem if I decide to buy from authorised dealers in Nigeria, but this is quite expensive.

My questions: Is it possible to access the warranty service from authorised dealers in Nigeria if it is bought in US? What is your advice for me considering that I want something not too expensive and also want to have access to its warranty coverage?

I will appreciate a prompt response because my friend will be travelling very soon. thanks
buy it from nigeria and rememmber to keep
your receipt and warranty docket.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by 2muchdolla: 4:11am On Sep 05, 2012
I'd like to know how to run windows on my mac pro via bootcamp.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
my macpro anytime i inserted cd it will reject automatically, why?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 8:20am On Sep 08, 2012
sinetheta: my macpro anytime i inserted cd it will reject automatically, why?

It sounds like you have a bad superdrive. They are very sensitive and easily breakdown. It is not worth replacing it since they are becoming obsolete anyway. If I really need a disc drive, I suggest getting a cheap external one.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 8:23am On Sep 08, 2012
2muchdolla: I'd like to know how to run windows on my mac pro via bootcamp.

It is very straight forward
Here is a link that will show you how:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/249059/how_to_install_boot_camp_and_run_windows_on_your_mac.html
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
i bought external cd rom but i dont no how to use it on it
Olisa74:

It sounds like you have a bad superdrive. They are very sensitive and easily breakdown. It is not worth replacing it since they are becoming obsolete anyway. If I really need a disc drive, I suggest getting a cheap external one.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 11:14pm On Sep 08, 2012
Olisa74:

make sure your fingers is not touching the eject button
also make sure you check all settings. what make is you
mac. for example apple mac os x 10.6
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 09, 2012
PLEASE HOW DO I SET IT? ALSO I BOUGHT EXTERNA CD ROM AND IS NOT WORKING WITH IT
deji2009:

make sure your fingers is not touching the eject button
also make sure you check all settings. what make is you
mac. for example apple mac os x 10.6
mac os x 10.6
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2012
sinetheta: PLEASE HOW DO I SET IT? ALSO I BOUGHT EXTERNA CD ROM AND IS NOT WORKING WITH ITmac os x 10.6

is the ext cd rom compatible with your machine ?

does it come with a software installation cd ?

is it a super drive ?

does your mac inbuilt cd works as in read cds and dvd ?

does the inbuilt cd drive on your mac eject when you put
an os x installation disk ?

If there is a disk in the disk drive that is not a bootable media it will then spit it out.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by tdjeans(m): 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
I HAVE A US USED MACBOOK PRO 13" FOR SALE. IT IS IN AN EXCELLENT WORKING CONDITION WITH NO FAULTS WHATSOEVER.
THE SPECS ARE:
2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 memory
500GB 5400-rpm hard drive
8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
IT RUNS THE NEWEST MOUNTAIN LION OS.
CALL ME ON 08130300884 OR 08182064243. HOLLA.

http://www.google.com.ng/local/trader/listing/-/125605e334eb7c4c/_b4a9b54efb84aaf6_?state=EgYaAm1lIAAaCgjM-K2ns7yBqxI
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by kael: 12:02am On Sep 13, 2012
My late 2011 MacBook pro has gone mad, the mouse pad is erratic, moving on its own, and generally unresponsive
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 7:28am On Sep 13, 2012
kael: My late 2011 MacBook pro has gone mad, the mouse pad is erratic, moving on its own, and generally unresponsive

Try turning off 'Enable access for assistive devices' in 'Universal Access' in System Preferences and restart your Macbook, see if this helps.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 9:20am On Sep 15, 2012
Olisa74:

Try turning off 'Enable access for assistive devices' in 'Universal Access' in System Preferences and restart your Macbook, see if this helps.

cool
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by otumfour(m): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
am abt to purchase MOUNTAIN LION for my Mac......

shud I purchase it now or wait for some few months, been reading some negative reviews from other Mac users on forums and even in the App store......pls advice moi.....thanx!

PS: if yes, pls gimme some tips on backups and all tht .......thnx wink
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by moonraker(m): 1:46am On Sep 19, 2012
otumfour: am abt to purchase MOUNTAIN LION for my Mac......

shud I purchase it now or wait for some few months, been reading some negative reviews from other Mac users on forums and even in the App store......pls advice moi.....thanx!

PS: if yes, pls gimme some tips on backups and all tht .......thnx wink

whats the specs of your MAC??

I ask this question becos

Mountain Lion without the right hardware

can feel like a resource hog!!!

I updated the ladys macbook pro 2010 13inch

recently to mountain lion and it just slowed

the Bleep out of the computer. had to upgrade

the ram to 8gb and the hard disk to an ssd!!

Problem solved!!!
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 11:39am On Sep 23, 2012
moonraker:

Problem solved!!!

cheesy
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by maxibrainz: 2:01am On Sep 26, 2012
Get a new laptop that sells at lagos for #50,000 at a very cheap price of #14,000 check it out http://www.maxibrainz..com/2012/09/the-simple-cheap-brand-new-laptop.html?m=1
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by lippyrat: 8:50am On Sep 26, 2012
A+
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by otumfour(m): 10:53am On Sep 27, 2012
moonraker:

Problem solved!!!

specs:.......

processor - 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

memory - 4 GB

btw......I have installed it successfully....so easy like ABC
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2012
otumfour:

specs:.......

processor - 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

memory - 4 GB

btw......I have installed it successfully....so easy like ABC

my favourite mountain lion feature is power nap. Unlike windows, power nap
scretly does things when your mac is in sleep mode.contact are updated, time
machine kicks in and so many other things
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Lovechyld101(m): 1:09am On Oct 08, 2012
HELP!!! All my usb port on my mac G series is not workin tryd offin nd on it even removing d batteries still not working..
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2012
Lovechyld101: HELP!!! All my usb port on my mac G series is not workin tryd offin nd on it even removing d batteries still not working..

Before you panic, first take a look in your System Profiler to see if the USB ports are showing up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 / Difference Between China HP And Original HP? / Computer Professional Body In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.