Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

What Are Your Plans For Christmas? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Plans For Christmas? (7889 Views)

Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? / What Are Your Plans For Easter? / What Are Your Plans For This Easter Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Revolva(m): 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2011
Hehehe what else, drink booze , rock gurls, partyparty, grooving non stop, weed smoking,
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Walexsammy(m): 11:43pm On Dec 22, 2011
Trying as much as possible 2 read my Engineering Analysis textbook
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by chizzie38(f): 11:46pm On Dec 22, 2011
Guess this wil be d most boring xmas of all! How could my parents drag me to our hometown knowing fully well that am a stranger there!!! There is no fun here, Anambra Sucks!
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Judek2(m): 12:01am On Dec 23, 2011
chizzie38:

Guess this wil be d most boring xmas of all! How could my parents drag me to our hometown knowing fully well that am a stranger there!!! There is no fun here, Anambra Sucks!

sad sad  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Pay me a visit, you gonna see it Rocks kiss
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Ranoscky(m): 12:07am On Dec 23, 2011
Omo, i go dey for bunk dey fa'gbo claro til d next mornin jare!
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Judek2(m): 12:15am On Dec 23, 2011
Pray to God for protection against Bombers,and for being alive to witness this year.

Eat rice with Ofe Egusi and chick in. smiley
Then drink garri with vegetable.

Go out to da streetz in da evening and check da weather. Den cry cos its gonna be till another year.
cool
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:16am On Dec 23, 2011
I'm going to work throughout christmas weekend, then work throughout new years weekend. This holiday stuff is basically a nuisance to me. All it means is that I can't go to the bank on Monday or Tuesday.

Rubbish.
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by 2kurupt(m): 12:44am On Dec 23, 2011
Sleep, tv, surf the net, , more sleep
Xmas rice & peppered chicken no doubt
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 23, 2011
@Mukina,why do you have to start a thread like this one,if you behave like non-beleivers,you are part of them,i do hope you are still a muslim,am not hatng,but Islam does not permit this,and you know it.

@Chakula,hope you know as muslims you dnt celebrate christmas?
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by drrionelli(m): 4:35am On Dec 23, 2011
I intend to spend the day relatively quietly.  I enjoy reflecting on the meaning of the day.  I'm not sure, yet, if I'll attend a church service, but I very well might do that.  I'll also be calling, texting and emailing all my family and friends, some of whom I've not been in contact with for quite some time. 

And, of course, I'll have music around me.  I'll be listening to every bit of music of the season that I can find, and I'll dust off my nylon-string guitar and play some holiday tunes, as well.  I'll probably take a walk, just to see the many manifestations of joy that show themselves at this time of year.

And, while I'm here, please let me extend to you, my dear friends at nairaland.com, my wishes for you to enjoy Christmas to its fullest and its most complete.  Whatever you celebrate and however you celebrate it,  make it the finest that it can be!

[size=16pt]Merry Christmas!![/size]
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Judek2(m): 6:22am On Dec 23, 2011
uplawal:

@Mukina,why do you have to start a thread like this one,if you behave like non-beleivers,you are part of them,i do hope you are still a muslim,am not hatng,but Islam does not permit this,and you know it.

@Uplawal,
why are you being so uneasy?
Why seriously biting your nails.
You are being hard on yourself.
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by GboyegaD(m): 6:23am On Dec 23, 2011
No plans really but maybe travelling south of my state tomorrow. I should go to church and after, most likely stay indoors unless my friends choose to take me out because where I am, they are not people friendly or better still they do not appreciate the communual life which I enjoy and appreciate.

razznaija:

Chop, watch TV, sleep. snow dey d place where i dey live, so no movement.

Madam, please are you still in Twon Brass That was where I served some years ago and would appreciate linking my school proprietor cos there is a project I have ongoing there. Thank you,
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 23, 2011
[size=4pt](One of my Favourite NLers that has been missing in action is on this tread, yayyyyyy!!!!!)[/size]

Being indoors.
Surfing the Internet.
Eating something mundane and ordinary.
Doing little bits of work here and there.
Surfing Internet.
Eating.
More surfing.
Maybe siesta.
Surf more.
Surf and surf and surf till about after midnight.
Sleep.
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by mavinc4u(f): 9:37am On Dec 23, 2011
chizzie38:

my mama tell me i be igbo.you are not ashamed to post a nonsense like this,you are a stranger in your father's land.your deliverance is far.is your head that sucks not Anambra.How could your parent drag you,ode,your parents tried by taking you to meet your people in the village and you called that drag.come back to lagos and stay.i won't be surprise if you don't in lekki.na people wey dey stay for one remote area dey form pass
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by yesboss20(m): 9:47am On Dec 23, 2011
Christmas day would prolly go as follows for me:
wake up, talk to God and thank Him for His love shown to me and all humanity, cook smtg rice-y, eat with my dog, study well {smsta exams in wks time], make calls, watch sm t.v, surf the web then sleep.
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by yesboss20(m): 9:58am On Dec 23, 2011
, yeah, I'd also be worshipping at church in the mrng. Christmas carols all the way!
Merry Christmas N'landers. Do have a terrific new year as well.
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by snthesis(m): 11:04am On Dec 23, 2011
shud be recovering from a weekend of hangovers cheesy cheesy

GboyegaD:

Madam, please are you still in Twon Brass That was where I served some years ago and would appreciate linking my school proprietor cos there is a project I have ongoing there. Thank you,
Sir Ye, how u dey Ye? Which sch did u serve ye?

had delightful memories of dat town, still plan to visit one of em days.
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Orikinla(m): 11:06am On Dec 23, 2011
I will be at work and may share the joy with any of my two female companions.
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by otokx(m): 4:02pm On Dec 23, 2011
Queue for petrol in Port Harcourt
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by mabell: 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2011
What's the best gift you can give to the Lord this Christmas season? Is it the hymns we sing, the nice Christmas decorations, shimmering lights and fireworks? All these are nice, but they really won’t impress Him because He lives in a place where the beauty and glory beats anything man has ever seen or can imagine. The streets in heaven are paved with gold, and the light in which He dwells is such that no man can approach unto (1 Timothy 6:16). So, all the “twinkling Christmas lights” and the “red-gold-and-green” decorations won’t really impress Him.

What will impress the Lord at Christmas is your gift of love to Him, expressed in leading a sinner to receive salvation. No one is applauded or honoured in heaven for putting up the finest Christmas decorations, or for organizing the loudest Christmas party. What gets heaven’s attention is that person you touch with the love of Christ and lead to salvation. That’s what brings joy to the Father’s heart and causes all of heaven to exuberantly rejoice: “…joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance” (Luke 15:7).
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by not2long(m): 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2011
uplawal:

You can remove her Islamic credentials.

Suspend her from the league of Muslimas
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 24, 2011
I am going to church! then after that, i have a potluck to attend in san francisco, my chinese best friend is doing his house warming! knowing myself, i will probably drink and appreciate humanity,
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by whatalife: 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2011
I will be Having Naming Ceremony of my Lovely Daughter, with some rice and Chicken soup by the side plus plenty of wine
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by chux76(m): 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2011
mavinc4u:

my mama tell me i be igbo.you are not ashamed to post a nonsense like this,you are a stranger in your father's land.your deliverance is far.is your head that sucks not Anambra.How could your parent drag you,ode,your parents tried by taking you to meet your people in the village and you called that drag.come back to lagos and stay.i won't be surprise if you don't in lekki.na people wey dey stay for one remote area dey form pass

Cant you make a reasonable post without calling sum1 dirty names? He has spoken his mind,y u dey drink agbo-iba 4 him fever? If u must chastise him,do it MATURELY. The OP wanted us to share thoughts not call ppl names, pschewwww!!!!
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by chux76(m): 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2011
As 4 me,everyday na Xmas,as long as there is dough in my wallet,my acct keeps getting shapeless with M-NOTES and my dreams are materializing. Coz the rice wey i go chop and kpef wey i go guzzle dt day no go different 4rm all d rice(s) wey i don dey chop since d beginning of the year.
Everyday I wake is my XMAS DAY.

[size=8pt]
WISHING Y'ALL MERRY XMAS IN ADVANCE AND A BOISTEROUS NEW YEAR, WE SHALL CROSSOVER 2 2012 2GEDA,IN JESUS NAME, INSHA ALLAH.
[/size]
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by apoti(m): 1:45pm On Dec 24, 2011
uplawal:

I can't just imagine why you are ranting, she only asked ur plans for the day. If you don't have any just STFU. Moreover if you don't celebrate christmas then reject the public holidays and go to work on Monday and tuesday undecided
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Ayowumie(m): 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2011
Besides eating the normal Christmas Rice and probably going to the cinemas, I intend asking a girl out. Telling her how much i care and how much i really would like to go out with her. Spending time with her on Sunday is in my thought right away

Secondly, I intend "toast" a corper friend of mine. I really need to be her boy friend. Seriously, since the first time i saw her in camp, i had had it in mind. Thank God, she was posted to town. How do i go about it? Tonight, I intend to call her tonight and tell her to make a wish. I will tell her that if her wish is within my power, I would make it come to pass.
And i will also make her promise to make wish come true. My wish would be to go out with between January and February that i will finish my NYSC.

THANK GOD FOR CHRISTMAS!!!
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by dasparrow: 3:23pm On Dec 24, 2011
@Post
When the day arrives, I will know for sure. I don't even know what will happen in the next 5 minutes much less in the next 24 hours. However, going to church and eating some delicious xmas food is definately on my to do list God willing.
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 24, 2011
This topic has more social undertone than Religion.

So wrong section course Christmas is being celebrated by none religious and religious folks.

Thread would better sell in events section undecided lipsrsealed
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Emeka72(m): 6:06pm On Dec 24, 2011
I will go to Church;
I will visit My friend
I will eat rice.
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Taiw(m): 9:12pm On Dec 24, 2011
sleeping
eatin fried rice
and blogging
Re: What Are Your Plans For Christmas? by Freiburger(m): 11:02pm On Dec 24, 2011
Take a short trip somewhere with my family, fill in some peace of mind, and plan a perfect 2012 for myself and my family.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / God And Seun!!! / Why I Gave My Life To Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.