Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March (5307 Views)

FG To Begin Payment Of Salaries By 25th Of Every Month – AGF / Jonathan Made Me The Richest Man In Africa And 25th In The World - Dangote / Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by osofuye(m): 11:16am On Mar 24, 2006
seun, i dowmloaded some census hotline from gtv website yesterday and called this particular one-08037470009, conplaining of some errors here in uniport. though i knew fully well that ogun and rivers are far apart, but i called to notify him of some errors.

here,

i was enomerated yesterday but during the course of my enumeration the enumerator was just making some kinds of assumsions! that apart, she asked for my state, i said ogun. my local gov, odogbolu. she then asked her colleageu for the code number of odogbolu, that one called some kind of figures, then i said politely 'let me see that book', she jumped at me 'what for?', i said i just want to see it.she said no. somebody then took the paper from her unknowingly and gave it to me. after proper veiwing i discover an error - ogun state list of local govs is under osun state and vis vas. the girl said no that that was what is given to them. a guy who has beem enumerated before also from ogun state took the book from and also confirmed it. then there was confusion. the enumerator were now they cannot changed it that that was what is been given to.
but for me the other guy the error was corrected that what about student that are not aware of mistake.

i felt some kind of inner pains that the whole exercise that billions on naira is spent on is a waste! total waste, so i called this guy so that he can make contact with their river state counterpart made the correction before the whole thing runs out of hand
his reply
there is nothing i can do!
after spending N80 for call

i want to plead to you guy to find a way this error can be corrected. pls make contact or mail me on what to do at osofuyeariyo@yahoo.com
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by otokx(m): 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2006
there is a general idea that this whole hardship be extended for at least 2 more days.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by cletuskpelle(m): 5:55pm On Mar 24, 2006
Stephanie7 said something about forms being sent to houses for people fill in the number of people living there. I tell you that in Naija that is not possible. Not in a thousand years. It will make the politicians more than happy. A house with ten people will declare over one hundred. Just like what we witnessed during the elections. A constituency with less that a thousand inhabitantants declaring twenty thousand with no shame. NO, not Naija.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by TYPOP(m): 12:45pm On Mar 25, 2006
Holidays extended for 2 more days. Did they plan for this or they didn't plan well initially?
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by otokx(m): 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2006
they have started government magic. these wicked politicians are doing what they know best. i have just observed some activity in front of my office. since yesterday they have been photocopying census form in their thousands, they come in 2 buses and 2 cars including a mercedes benz vboot with a local government number. They are well protected with enough mobile policemen and they are photocopying census materials. Did i hear that MR. President said that photocopies are invalid? Infact I saw the president say that double entries will be detected through the thumb prints. This must be a huge joke cause the enumerators did not take any thumb print in our house; they only marked our fingers after filling the forms for us. This must be a dress rehearsal for the 2007 elections. Them don they dabaru everything.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by Hero(m): 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2006
otokx:

they have started government magic. these wicked politicians are doing what they know best. i have just observed some activity in front of my office. since yesterday they have been photocopying census form in their thousands, they come in 2 buses and 2 cars including a mercedes benz vboot with a local government number. They are well protected with enough mobile policemen and they are photocopying census materials. Did i hear that MR. President said that photocopies are invalid? Infact I saw the president say that double entries will be detected through the thumb prints. This must be a huge joke cause the enumerators did not take any thumb print in our house; they only marked our fingers after filling the forms for us. This must be a dress rehearsal for the 2007 elections. Them don they dabaru everything.

I'm sorry, but I think you're over blowing the situation. First of all, there's nothing wrong with photocopying the results, and in actuality,  it makes sense to do so,  in the case of that some of the originals happen to be misplaced or become damaged in some way to the point of being unusable. Photo copying all the results is simply good forward thinking, in knowing that stuff happens, and one needs to insure that there's a plan B to counter such a situation so that the project can continue on fluidly.

The copies will only be used if needed. When doing a project as important and expensive as this you can't leave anything to chance, your results should always be backed up with an identical set of results and securely stored away for use in the unfortunate time in which they may be needed do to damages or losses procured to the original set of data. It's just good, smart business management, to do so!!

While you see this as more government corruption, I see it as the fact of that the government is finally getting it right.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by Mariory(m): 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2006
Hero save your breath. There are people who just like to complian.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by toshmann(m): 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2006
Mariory:

Hero save your breath. There are people who just like to complian.

while i can't be in cardiff and know the real situation on ground, i still feel you should not rub otokx down b/c, who knows, he may be right (of course he may be wrong). the fact is that this administration(and indeed past administrations) have given nigerians more than enough reasons not to trust the govt.

but as hero says,let us hope that the govt has finally got something right. undecided by the way,i was not counted. ha ha (not complaining though.)

we are watching.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by Mariory(m): 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2006
toshmann:

but as hero says,let us hope that the govt has finally got something right.
we are watching.

At least give the darn execise a chance is all I'm saying. Like I said here there are sveral problems with trying to reach all areas in Nigeria not to talk about the politics being played into it and people refusing to be counted.

Previous governments (including the British) weather sincerly or not have failed to accurately count the number of Nigerians living in Nigeria. So for the love of God let us try to make this one a success before we start dimissing the Government. Or should we just continue as it was before? What is the alternative?
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by TYPOP(m): 11:56pm On Mar 25, 2006
Let's hope they get it right. True. But that should not stop an objective view of the whole exercise. Have you been counted? I wondered how my mum could be in the supermarket, my dad in office and they get to my house (on monday to thursday anyway) and they couldn't get them. That means my family has not been counted. Or do you expect my dad to go to look for them?
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by otokx(m): 8:46am On Mar 27, 2006
@hero your very funny, photocopying results ke? are u a nigerian at all? they are photocopying the forms thereby inflating the figures. As for results; it may not even come out this year.

@mariory; if you like keep people in their houses for 2 weeks, they wont still get their acts together
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by demmy(m): 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2006
@hero your very funny, photocopying results ke? are u a nigerian at all? they are photocopying the forms thereby inflating the figures. As for results; it may not even come out this year.

The fingerprints I believe is to remove the possibility of double counting at least if they are honest about it.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by TYPOP(m): 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2006
Abeg, do we have a good technology in Nigeria that reads photocopies? Even the originals are not coming out fine. My friend just got his national ID last week and his DOB was 1953 - mind you, he is 1983
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by toshmann(m): 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2006
TYPOP:

Abeg, do we have a good technology in Nigeria that reads photocopies? Even the originals are not coming out fine. My friend just got his national ID last week and his DOB was 1953 - mind you, he is 1983

cheesy cheesy cheesy I LIKE NAIJA PASS EVERYTHING,PASS EVERYTHING, PASS EVERYTHING, I LIKE NAIJA BLA BLA BLA cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by Mariory(m): 3:32pm On Mar 29, 2006
demmy:

The fingerprints I believe is to remove the possibility of double counting at least if they are honest about it.

Plus each form is barcoded and is serialised.
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by toshmann(m): 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2006
Mariory:

Plus each form is barcoded and is serialised.

and yet at the end of the day we can't get valid data.

everybody say ABRACADABRA !!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by tartar9(m): 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
first to comment
Re: 2006 Census: Stay At Home 24th And 25th of March by tartar9(m): 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
first to comment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are There Hausas In Nairaland? / Boko Haram Rejects Sheriff, Yuguda, Goje’s Apologies / Gbenga Daniel Stole ₦84b From Ogun State Coffers - Gov. Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.