Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,899 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! (24918 Views)

In Kumala, Army Kills Boko Haram Members & Recover Weapons (photos) / Pictures Of A Doctor Who Died In The Damaturu Attack / Nairalander Breakdown Of Today's Damaturu Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Relax101(m): 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2011
BY KINGSLEY OMONOBI

The Joint Task Force set up to quell the Boko Haram menace rocking the Northern part of the country, in the early hours of yesterday, launched a successful operation on the sects operational stronghold in Damaturu, Yobe state, killing 59 of the sect members and destroying their armoury, Chief of army staff, Lt. General Azubuike Ihejirika said Friday.

Speaking during his first official visit to the Guards Brigade headquarters in Abuja, the Army Chief said, “There was a major encounter with the Boko Haram in Damaturu yesterday. In the encounter, we over ran their major stronghold and their ammunition site”.

And as is usual in any such encounter, we lost 3 of our soldiers, 7 were wounded but we killed over 50 of their members. They came with sophisticated and heavy weaponry including GPMG’s, SMG’s and bombs but our trained soldiers subdued them”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/army-kills-57-boko-haram-members-in-damaturu-attack/
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Afam4eva(m): 5:38pm On Dec 23, 2011
Where are the bodies and how are we sure they're bokoharam members? Let me call my friend that lives in damaturu, i hope he's still alive.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Relax101(m): 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2011
This is a welcome development. As am posting dis comment am in Damaturu, the fightings has just stopped 4 nt more 30 mins because since morning 2day there hav been a heavy gun battle an xplosions, the soldiers has ceasd fire at moment and ask d civillian residing in da area to vacate within 30 minute because they r preparin 4 anoda heavy assault against the boko blood suckers. We nid your prayers may God bring ds stupidity 2 an easy END.----------------Anonymous from Damaturu.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by adamabdul: 5:44pm On Dec 23, 2011
This man should be sack.DAMATURU IS STILL ON FIRE AS AM TYPING THIS.SHAMELESS LIAR
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2011
My hearth is with those in Damaturu sad I hope the defenseless civilians are not among the over 50, because Nigerian securities are not trained to respect or protect unharmed civilians embarassed. Anyway good work if it is true undecided
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by efisher(m): 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2011
I would like to hear boko dummy's side of the story before jubilating. That is if anyone is left to tell the tale. Lol
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Relax101(m): 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2011
adamabdul:

This man should be sack.DAMATURU IS STILL ON FIRE AS AM TYPING THIS.SHAMELESS LIAR

Who should be sacked?
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by karlmax2: 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2011
It was coming now Ʊ will hear the nothern leaders shouting how the amy is killing innocent people
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Osama10(m): 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2011
In this kind of operation civilians would always be killed.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Rgp92: 5:58pm On Dec 23, 2011
Anyone wanna bet that 50-80% of the killed are civilians?
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Afam4eva(m): 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2011
Rgp92:

The dead cannot speak so we may never know.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by otokx(m): 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2011
Government magic
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by edoyad(m): 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2011
Rgp92:

As long as they're indigenes of the area that produces the m0ronic dogs, no biggie
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Relax101(m): 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2011
Rgp92:

adamabdul:

Relax101:

This is a welcome development. As am posting dis comment am in Damaturu, the fightings has just stopped 4 nt more 30 mins because since morning 2day there hav been a heavy gun battle an xplosions, the soldiers has ceasd fire at moment and ask d civillian residing in da area to vacate within 30 minute because they r preparin 4 anoda heavy assault against the boko blood suckers. We nid your prayers may God bring ds stupidity 2 an easy END.----------------Anonymous from Damaturu.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 23, 2011
YES OOO GOD CATCH DEM, SHEY DEM WAN SPOIL CHRISTMAS, PIKIN WEY SEY EN MAMA NOR GO SLEEP HIMSEF NOR GO SLEEP,

GOD ABEG FOR D SAKE OF CHRISTMAS CATCH DEM grin grin grin , GOD DEY
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:12pm On Dec 23, 2011
Great! Great!! But there's no room for complacency. That's not all of 'em.
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Fesisko(m): 6:14pm On Dec 23, 2011
afam4eva:

Where are the bodies and how are we sure they're bokoharam members? Let me call my friend that lives in damaturu, i hope he's still alive.
re u praying for your friend's death?lol.thumb up to the Army is this news is true.hope innocent citizens re not among?
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2011
I dont think entire people should be wiped out because of some bad eggs among them!
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by coogar: 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2011
afam4eva:

why would any citizen of nigeria carry sophisticated weapons such as s-m-g and smart bombs to fight the nigerian army?
does it matter if they are boko-haram or soko-param?
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by sheyguy: 6:17pm On Dec 23, 2011
I hope they get the all the active members and the passive ones among. Time 4 boko to go on christmas break . . .lol
coogar:

why would any citizen of nigeria carry sophisticated weapons such as s-m-g and smart bombs to fight the nigerian army?
does it matter if they are boko-haram or soko-param?
well said
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by adamabdul: 6:24pm On Dec 23, 2011
I left damaturu this morning and i have seen slaughtered policemen with my own eyes.I dont anybody to tell me stupid and unreasonable lies
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2011
, angry angry everything moving in that vicinity should be brought down in flames old or young. no mercy angry angry angry ,   opertion flush dem ah ah , persin don taya for dem news na, angry angry GOD CATCH DEM AND DEM PAPA , angry angry
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by cap28: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2011
sounds like
Relax101:

BY KINGSLEY OMONOBI

The Joint Task Force set up to quell the Boko Haram menace rocking the Northern part of the country, in the early hours of yesterday, launched a successful operation on the sects operational stronghold in Damaturu, Yobe state, killing 59 of the sect members and destroying their armoury, Chief of army staff, Lt. General Azubuike Ihejirika said Friday.

Speaking during his first official visit to the Guards Brigade headquarters in Abuja, the Army Chief said, “There was a major encounter with the Boko Haram in Damaturu yesterday. In the encounter, we over ran their major stronghold and their ammunition site”.

And as is usual in any such encounter, we lost 3 of our soldiers, 7 were wounded but we killed over 50 of their members. They came with sophisticated and heavy weaponry including GPMG’s, SMG’s and bombs but our trained soldiers subdued them”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/army-kills-57-boko-haram-members-in-damaturu-attack/

sounds like BS to me.

what sort of soldier would say "and as is usual" when it comes to losing men.

big time BS
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by phreakabit(m): 6:28pm On Dec 23, 2011
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by amaham(m): 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2011
Abeg wetin be gpmg and smg? I dnt tink I hv heard of them before
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 23, 2011
cap28:

sounds like
sounds like BS to me.

big time BS

cap28:

sounds like
sounds like BS to me.

big time BS

D DAY SOME PEOPLE WILL APPRECIATE THE GOOD WORK OF OTHER DAT DAY HEAVEN WILL FALL, SMH FOR U angry
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by maclatunji: 6:33pm On Dec 23, 2011
In case you don't realize it jookco just openly called for Genocide! If he is not banned for good, I will know that the moderators and owner of this site absolutely do not know what they are doing and I owe nobody an apology for this comment. I cannot believe anybody is dumb enough to post such!
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Relax101(m): 6:34pm On Dec 23, 2011
Do these guys look like boko haram?

Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2011
GPMG=general purpose machine gun  
SMG = sub machine gun
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by okooyinbo(m): 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2011
General Purpose Machine Gun
Submachine Gun
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2011
Relax101:

GOD HELP THOSE SOLDIERS WHO ARE IN THE FOREFRONT, MAY THEY SURVIVE AND LIVE TO TELL THE STORY, IT IS NOT EASY, WAT THEY NEED IS ENCOURAGEMENT NOT WHAT SOME PEOPLE WILL JUST SITDOWN THERE AND SAY ITS LIES, MUGU IN HUMAN FORMATION, I BLAME THEM , IF NA YA PAP DEY THERE U FOR TALK
Re: Army Kills 59 Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Attack! by amaham(m): 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2011
Thank u cogitoergo. I want to know de meanin of rpg?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Least Foreign And Domestic Indebted State. Lagos, Osun, Highest -NBS / NNPC Scandal: PENGASSAN, NUPENG Pledge Support for Baru (Photos) / Aisha Yesufu Blasts Atiku, Says “It’s Not By Force To Serve Nigerians”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.