Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

An Innocent Life Wasted By Negligence Of Eko Hospital - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / An Innocent Life Wasted By Negligence Of Eko Hospital (8654 Views)

Woman Dies In Tender Hospital Enugu Due To Alleged Negligence / How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) / Medical Negligence In Nigerian University Clinics Has To Stop!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Innocent Life Wasted By Negligence Of Eko Hospital by naijastufz: 12:24am On Sep 05, 2008
just saw ur post and it brought tears to my eyes. hope the entire family is doing well, keep ur heads up, she is with God.
Re: An Innocent Life Wasted By Negligence Of Eko Hospital by vivada: 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2008
am so sorry for your loss. no matter what i say it cant bring here back. but please take heart
Re: An Innocent Life Wasted By Negligence Of Eko Hospital by reindeer: 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2008
i really feel the pain of the poster.
hes hurt, he's angry and no one can blame him for that.I think the major failure of medical practice in nigeria is failure to educate patients and their relatives fully about their conditions.
Did they explain the possible downsides of the mode of treatment to you/your family before commencement? did they commence with your permission?Did you sign any consent forms?
while not giving a justification for negligience, you'd note that patients need to be aware of their rights, to ask loads of questions from their doctors afterall its their health.
I was just like the poster when i lost my Mum at the lagos state general hospital ikeja years ago, i felt they didnt do enough( i was just in 1st year med school then, only after my 5th year in medschool did i really start understanding what happened then and finally release the 'evil' doctors from my heart.
they didnt carry us along with their treatment then.
what kind of kidney cancer did she have?did they tell you of the histologic finding? knowing the actual type will help you know the possible outcomes of management.
For all those running their mouths about doctors,
its easy to run your mouths about 'young' doctors, try doing their job and see how it goes, i can easily say bankers are theives,that will not only be a falacy, it will expose stupidity from unbelieveable depths of ignorance, because some bankers are frauds doesnt give me a right to denigrate the work they are doing.
the whole sector needs help, need funding and im still of the firm belief that any doctor found erring should be punished.
If you stiil want to pursue it, a court of law will take many years, its beter to report to the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria which has a disciplinary commitee in place.
if you are interested and feel you have a csae then email me at reindeer.antler@yahoo.com
i have contacts with some members of that committee and they will be more than willing to hear your case.
Pls take heart, but lets react from cogent reasoning and not emotions.
peace.
Re: An Innocent Life Wasted By Negligence Of Eko Hospital by jaydude(f): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2008
web juniour,its a pity that ur u n ur family r victims of wot nigeria has turned into.may God in His infinite mercies console u all,n fight your course for you, may her soul rest i perfect peace, accept my sympathy
Re: An Innocent Life Wasted By Negligence Of Eko Hospital by Motunmi: 11:30am On Sep 17, 2008
Web junior,
Though its almost a year now that you lost your little sister, I can not but cry out my eyes when I read your story today.
So painful my dear but take solace in the fact that she has gone for the best, to rest eternally.
I feel like rendering help but what can I do about it.
Be stronger than ever for the rest of your family members and in due course,
Sunshine will Illuminate your lives.

Accept my condolence.
Re: An Innocent Life Wasted By Negligence Of Eko Hospital by cattymap: 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2008
Web junior
i realise that it has been over a year since you lost ur beloved sister and a daughter to your parent. my sincere condolences to you and your family, it must have been an ordeal for your family not only to loose your sister an some blunders, then to make matters worse discover her sweating at a point at which you wanted to put closure. your experiences and the comments of other users have made me very much ashamed to call myself/ affiliate myself to the medical profession. the situation has left me lost for words and with great disappointment for having gone in the medical field as we are trained to give a 100% holistic care to people. furthermore, your ordeal has left me lost for word. my prayers will remain with u and ur family cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Drinking Lots Of Water Daily / Governor Sani Bello Flags Off COVID-19 Vaccination In Niger State / COVID-19 Update For June 3 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.