Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Pls Help Me : Lecturing Vs Civil Service. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Help Me : Lecturing Vs Civil Service. (1514 Views)

Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service / How To Start A University Lecturing Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me : Lecturing Vs Civil Service. by Womaniza: 8:59pm On Dec 24, 2011
I am currently a lecturer (G.A) in a State University in EKiti State. I just got another appointment as an engineer(Professional) in another State ministry of science and tech. I am currently confused on what next to do? My parents are insisting on going over to the ministry of science and tech. They claim it provides job security and good future prospects as compared to the state university. (I must confess that my university is not so stable in terms of job security but provides higher pay wen compared to the ministry. )
N.B In Ministry, as a professional there is opportunity of getting contracts and free money.
Pls i need honest advice from you guys on wat to do, as i dont want to make mistakes concerning my career path.
Questions are welcome
Re: Pls Help Me : Lecturing Vs Civil Service. by yamakuza: 2:08am On Dec 26, 2011
4 questions:

What state's ministry? Ekiti?

With the way ASUU goes on strike, lecturers' salaries can only increase, with spare time to dabble into runs.

Dont know too much about ministy work sha, but how easy is it to land the free money u mentioned?

Besides, everything isnt money. What are your career goals? Are you aiming for monetary, academic or professional benefits?

(1) (Reply)

International Certification Training In Warri / 21 Success Tips For Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs / Banking Jobs: How Much Do They Offer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.