Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,481 members, 7,770,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:43 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1582648 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by AfroBlue(m): 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2011
Emeka Okafor: Okafor quiet in season opener vs. Suns

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=1042&line=165416&spln=1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emeka_Okafor

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/emeka_okafor/

December 26, 2011

NBA's Return Draws Big TV Ratings on Christmas

NEW YORK (AP) — NBA fans seem more excited about basketball's return than bitter about the lockout based on television ratings for the league's delayed openers.

The five Christmas games Sunday averaged 6.2 million viewers based on fast national ratings, up from 6 million last year.

The Bulls-Lakers matchup was the third most-watched regular-season game ever on ABC, behind only last year's highly anticipated Heat-Lakers showdown and another meeting between Miami and LA in 2004.

Chris Paul's Clippers debut in the nightcap against the Warriors earned a 2.2 rating, up 69 percent over last year's Portland-Golden State telecast in the same slot.

It was ESPN's highest-rated Christmas prime-time game. The day's first contest, Celtics-Knicks on TNT, was the most viewed Christmas game ever on cable. The 4.0 rating was up 48 percent from last year's Bulls-Knicks game on ESPN.

The first night game on ESPN — Magic-Thunder — drew a 1.8, up 29 percent from last year's Denver-Oklahoma City matchup. The afternoon's finals rematch on ABC, the Heat's rout of the Mavericks, earned a 4.9, up 7 percent from Boston-Orlando last year.

Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned to a program.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNEc84AGbJo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name=[/flash]
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:26pm On Dec 27, 2011
The players that left the Mavericks did that based on their own decision, they wanted a new adventure, they were never forced out, they were grateful and felt fulfilled after achieving the biggest ambition of any NBA player, they wanted something new, especially 2nd team players like JJ and stevenson, Caron Butler was injured all through last season.

As for the Lakers, i am sensing Kobe would soon voice his anger about the lack of depth in the squad, Paul Gasol is still not playing with his heart (still sulking), his movement on the court tells me he is holding a big grudge against the management for wanting to trade him to either Houston or the New Orleans, i just think they need a new team spirit, i would never lay a single blame on coach Larry Brown, he is doing his best based on the resources he has got,  the Lakers need a major overhaul, Metta World Peace (formerly Ron Artest) needs to step up (although he played better last night against Sacramento Kings), Bynum hopefully Matures with his temperament and stays fit, if the Lakers can land Dwight Howard, that would easily make them top contenders in the west,  for now, with this present squad and situation, they would make the playoffs but nothing too exceptional,  Kobe has nothing to prove to anyone,

And who the hell thinks the San Antonio Spurs are done? you beter have a rethink!!!!, its going to be a very long season, injuries to key players would play a huge role this season as always.

Rookies to watch out for: Rubio(Minnesota Timberwolves), Jimmy Fredette ( Sacramento Kings) Kemba Walker, Augustine (Charlotte Bobcats) these talents are awesome and to imagine that all four are point guards makes me excited,
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:08am On Dec 28, 2011
spurs take on the Clippers and why did the Celtics have to lose to the Heat?
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2011
Mynd_44:

didn't look like it. That was some wimp over Memphis. Ginobili posting 24 points with Tony Parker having 15 points sweet

It's only 2 games but I'm impressed with the Spurs. However, will they be able to handle young athletic teams like OKC, Bulls or the Heat come playoff time? With a very thin front court (Only Timmy) surviving a grueling 7 games series against any of these teams will be tough.
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2011
Roland17:

The players that left the Mavericks did that based on their own decision, they wanted a new adventure, they were never forced out, they were grateful and felt fulfilled after achieving the biggest ambition of any NBA player, they wanted something new, especially 2nd team players like JJ and stevenson, Caron Butler was injured all through last season.

As for the Lakers, i am sensing Kobe would soon voice his anger about the lack of depth in the squad, Paul Gasol is still not playing with his heart (still sulking), his movement on the court tells me he is holding a big grudge against the management for wanting to trade him to either Houston or the New Orleans, i just think they need a new team spirit, i would never lay a single blame on coach Larry Brown, he is doing his best based on the resources he has got,  the Lakers need a major overhaul, Metta World Peace (formerly Ron Artest) needs to step up (although he played better last night against Sacramento Kings), Bynum hopefully Matures with his temperament and stays fit, if the Lakers can land Dwight Howard, that would easily make them top contenders in the west,  for now, with this present squad and situation, they would make the playoffs but nothing too exceptional,  Kobe has nothing to prove to anyone,

And who the hell thinks the San Antonio Spurs are done? you beter have a rethink!!!!, its going to be a very long season, injuries to key players would play a huge role this season as always.

Rookies to watch out for: Rubio(Minnesota Timberwolves), Jimmy Fredette ( Sacramento Kings) Kemba Walker, Augustine (Charlotte Bobcats) these talents are awesome and to imagine that all four are point guards makes me excited,

Mark Cuban made a bone head decision by letting all those players go. C'mon he should have given this team a better opportunity to defend their crown. At the very least bring back Tyson and the rugged Butler. Odom and Carter are not gritty players and these are the kind of players the Mavs need to compete. Carter is a talented player but he will quit on you; that's a given.

Yes, they want to be flexible to land a prized free agent in 2012, but is there any guarantee Howard or Williams will sign with the Mavs?
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2011
occam:

It's only 2 games but I'm impressed with the Spurs. However, will they be able to handle young athletic teams like OKC, Bulls or the Heat come playoff time? With a very thin front court (Only Timmy) surviving a grueling 7 games series against any of these teams will be tough.
did you notice that Timmy sat out the better part of the first half? Their offence might not be all that but you have to agree that they are one of the best defensive teams in the NBA today.
Re: The NBA Begins by jaybee3(m): 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2011
Crisis time in bean town. We need fresh legs mehn
What da heck is wrong with that Jermaine dude?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2011
Overtime, i have learnt never to use a teams performance in the regular season to judge their post season, its going to be a very grueling season this year with so many back to back to back games, may players would get injured and with the short time, might not make the playoffs.

Has anybody taken time out to watch Golden state warriors and the Charlotte bobcats?  these young teams would certainly cause a lot of upsets this season, i just hope Stephen Curry makes it back very soon for the warriors, Kemba Walker, D.J Augustine and Maggette are turning out to be beasts for Jordan's franchise(bobcats) they almost slayed the Miami heats yesterday save for DW last possession points,
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2011
Mynd_44:

did you notice that Timmy sat out the better part of the first half? Their offence might not be all that but you have to agree that they are one of the best defensive teams in the NBA today.

I expect Pop to rest Timmy a lot in this compressed season. So far OKC and the Spurs are the teams to beat in the West. The way Spurs demolished the Clippers last night suggest they still have plenty in the tank. Let's wait and see more games to get a better sense on how good your Spurs are.
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2011
jay bee:

Crisis time in bean town. We need fresh legs mehn
What da heck is wrong with that Jermaine dude?

I say no need to press the panic button yet. The games against the Knicks and Heat went down the wire without Pierce - their closer. I was very impressed with their 4th quarter performance against the Heat. So relax and lets's see more games
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardunnii(f): 11:18am On Dec 30, 2011
My beloved lakers makes it 2, thanks to 28 points frm kobe, also bynum will be back for the next game but i still dnt tink, we can win d west, we need a good point guard, derek fisher aint got it again. okc scares me with that durant boy
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 4:57am On Dec 31, 2011
Ian Mahinmi had a great night off the bench for Dallas.
Re: The NBA Begins by jaybee3(m): 8:31am On Dec 31, 2011
Jermaine finally showed up. Happy to have the truth back balling
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2012
Watching Nate Robinson play last night for the Golden state warriors brought back good memories of the short dude that mesmerized the court with his skills and ball dishing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Horus(m): 1:23am On Jan 08, 2012
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbIR9Sbgoto[/flash]

NBA Memphis Grizzlies vs. Utah Jazz 2012-01-06
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 3:11pm On Jan 08, 2012
Ginibili's gonna be out for 6 weeks and still the Spurs are stepping up. This is fabulous. Get well soon Manu
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2012
Honestly i think its better Manu gets injured now, than the post season when they need him most, spurs have become an aged and depleted team, they are no longer as mobile as they used to be, but they still play exceptional fundamental basketball,
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:53pm On Jan 11, 2012
Did anybody watch Nate block Chris Bosh? Nate is on a Come back mission with GSW, Perhaps one of the most exciting game of the season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:11am On Feb 16, 2012
The LINSANITY tale continues in the NBA, an unknown, un-drafted Chinese Harvard graduate has emerged as the biggest thing to have happened to the Knicks organization, leading the team to a 6 game un beaten run, i have watched him over and over again, many might be tempted to call him a fluke, but i would say with the point guard situation with the Knicks i think he is here for a very long while, i believe he would mature with more games and get better using his left hand to the rim and also reduce his turn overs and defense.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:23am On Feb 16, 2012
Lin had a Short stint with the Golden state warriors and a shorter stint with the Houston Rocket.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 23, 2012
Houston R. Sucks to bone.

Go LAL smash on Mavericks on tonight game
Re: The NBA Begins by jaybee3(m): 3:01am On Feb 23, 2012
My team suck right about now. So damn painful to watch us get beat on both end of the court
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:33am On Feb 23, 2012
Lool @Jay-Bee what team are u talking bout? Boston?
Re: The NBA Begins by jaybee3(m): 3:35am On Feb 23, 2012
Yeah boston cry cry cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:48am On Feb 23, 2012
I know man. . . My uncle just said the same thing. . They are getting weaker by the day. 104 - 119. . The real game is on lol. . LAL @ Mavericks. .
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 23, 2012
Nice assss kicking against Dallas Mavs. . smiley)))))))) LAKERS FOREVER BABY smiley))
Re: The NBA Begins by stanleybiggie(m): 11:42am On Oct 26, 2012
Mynd_44:
Keep dreaming. That's what they said last season but Dirk cut through them like hot kinife in butter.
I told u they will...#heatnation
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 11:44am On Oct 26, 2012
stanleybiggie: I told u they will...#heatnation
And you had to come rub it in right?
October 31st dude
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:47am On Oct 27, 2012
Ahhh 4 days to tip-off! Looking forward to the new season already so many questions:

Can LeBron and D.Wade get a repeat?

How would Superman and Kobe Bryant mesh to form the baddest inside outside combo! How many alley-oops would Steve Nash throw to Superman grin

Would D.Rose be back to his best?

Can the Mavs become a force again especially after replacing JET with OJ Mayo and Jason Kidd with Darren Collison
How healthy would Nowitzki be? Congrats to him anyway. He jumped the broom over the summer! Married a Kenyan

How would Durant and the Thunder bounce back from their Finals loss

Would guys like Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace help Deron Williams turn the Brooklyn Nets to contenders

Mavs vs Lakers
Celtics vs Heat
What better way to start the season?
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 1:15am On Oct 27, 2012
The excitement is just killing me
Re: The NBA Begins by r231(m): 1:22am On Oct 27, 2012
LA all the way
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 1:23am On Oct 27, 2012
King James will prevail again

IJN, amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2185) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.