Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

The Apprentice Africa - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Apprentice Africa (17298 Views)

The Apprentice 2010 / The Apprentice {UK} Thread! / The Apprentice Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 6:34am On Apr 11, 2008
ha ha ha!!!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 6:34am On Apr 11, 2008
ha ha ha!!!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2008
the show today was an eye opener and it showed that WE ARE ALL CREATIVE IF AND ONLY WHEN WE DISCOVER OURSELVES WITHIN. The underlying difference between the winnin team - zulu and matrix, d losing team was the drive by zulu to AUCTION! funny enough, i didn't wait to watch BS's decision but I was surprised Deox could offer himself out. It just goes to show that BEING BS's APPRENTICE ain't e'thing abi?
Re: The Apprentice Africa by dominobaby(f): 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2008
yeah, was cool in the end, just that i wasn't happy with the fact that Matrix corp was loosing for the second time consecutively. They were told to make an art exhibition and Zulu corp was the first to come up with the initiative of an auction sale. Though both teams did the auction sale. IT really was hard for the art guys to place scores on their performance, it was a close result ; Matrix 292, Zulu - 293.

Zulu won cos they made greater sale of 63k while Matrix made just 50. Shola reminded them that they should always bear in mind the business aspect of every task given. I've forgotten the name of the balded guy in Matrix corp, he was the one who was FIRED cry
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2008
is't Deox?
Re: The Apprentice Africa by TCUBE(m): 6:55am On Apr 18, 2008
Are we africans stupid and insane, why should be continue to "copy copy:" , first it was idol, dancing with the so'called stars , now its apprentice, what da hell is going on here, big brother nko>? lord have mercy
Re: The Apprentice Africa by spora1: 9:19am On Apr 18, 2008
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 4:31am On Apr 20, 2008
true. I saw it again and Regina did defend herself well. it was eddie who offered himself for board room eviction. the reward - the visit to Nu Metro cinemas is better than those cart racing stuffs.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by apmis: 10:08am On Apr 23, 2008
Update Episode 9:
Eddie Sacrificed himself for Nancy!
Though he left as a hero
The tears was too much even Blessing could not hold her self back
Update presented by Apprentice Africa
Re: The Apprentice Africa by enque(f): 8:08am On Apr 28, 2008
wow, it was really a display of emotions as Eddie left d house. meeeeeeeeeen! i had tears in my eyes too as they all hugged him goodbye. he was my best contestant in d house
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Cawley: 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2008
Nice show.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 11:59am On Apr 30, 2008
enque:

wow, it was really a display of emotions as Eddie left d house. meeeeeeeeeen! i had tears in my eyes too as they all hugged him goodbye. he was my best contestant in d house

ME TOO! embarassed
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 12:01pm On Apr 30, 2008
YESTERDAY'S SHOW COULD AS WELL BE TITLED:

WHAT WOMEN COULD (UN)DO
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Apprentice Africa by talkmore: 12:08pm On Apr 30, 2008
@thanks mustay
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 12:21pm On Apr 30, 2008
i think EUNICE shoulod 've gone out for her statement "sir, i think, Nancy should be fired"

Akatu was fired for not being a good follower; Eunice's comment was PERSONAL and normally, would influence the judge's decision! angry angry

sorry nancy tongue

gals!

backstabbers!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 01, 2008
Quote from: enque on April 28, 2008, 08:08 AM

Mustay:

ME TOO! embarassed

me three!!! cry cry cry what a shame
Re: The Apprentice Africa by enque(f): 9:25am On May 02, 2008
but really, dyu guys think that MATRIX CORP. is really jinxed, according to what Oscar said in his post-eviction interview, or maybe their efforts dont seem to match up wit dat of ZULU CORP.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by dominobaby(f): 3:23pm On May 03, 2008
Mustay:

i think EUNICE shoulod 've gone out for her statement "sir, i think, Nancy should be fired"

Eunice isn't nice at all in defending herself imagine her saying "Sir, Nancy can not only be your apprentice, she should be firewd today" I guess she was already angry to be brought back to Matrix corp cos that team has lost like 4 times in a row, haba!
enque:

but really, dyu guys think that MATRIX CORP. is really jinxed, according to what Oscar said in his post-eviction interview, or maybe their efforts don't seem to match up wit that of ZULU CORP.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by apmis: 4:15pm On May 08, 2008
Episode 11: Nnamdi fired

eunice cant be fired for now no matter what wrong she does.
I think that the boss has an emotional attchment for her, in the sense that she is really one of the contestant that has real book qualification and is trying to do things by the book. She does have her weakness which was glaring, under any circumstance she could have been fired for not putting her feet down and telling the team to sell for a higher price! Why blame it on Nnamdi? Also she is a fighter, she is a boardroom fighter. she knows what she wants and pursues it. Nnamdi was just a scape goat. She set him up and got him out of the way. He was the strongest contender in that team. Eunice knows she can deal with the rest easily. Kathleen or isaac is no match for her.
Poor Nnamdi, all he needed to do was blame it on poor leadership without trying to defend himself, of course he was new to the boardroom game. Attack is the best form of defence. Eunice again shoed how to play the boardroom game she was fighting and she made that clear. Kathleen was in to support her and Nnamdi to be fired
Update by Apprentice Africa
Re: The Apprentice Africa by spora1: 7:43pm On May 08, 2008
This is the excerpt of the letter I wrote to the Editors of some newspaper houses yesterday

When Eunice was described, in her profile, as being “endowed with natural sex-appeal and this attribute may be an advantage”, nobody thought the CEO will be her very first victim. The recent events in The Apprentice Africa house have however confirmed my fear that Mr. Shobanjo is indeed at her mercy. Perhaps, the CEO is infatuated by her diction and beauty. If not, I wonder what the insolent is still doing in the house.

There is something sinister and crafty about that lady. To say that she is neither a team player nor a good leader is an understatement. The last two episodes have clearly demonstrated that the best place for her is either the beauty contest or the Big Brother house, where game-playing is the in-thing. Imagine her “not-only-should-Nancy-not-be-an-Apprentice-she-should-be-fired-today!” effrontery to Mr. Shobanjo. What an audacity!

In Episode 11, she had no business nominating Kathleen if not to confirm her habit of bringing an ally into the boardroom and double teaming on her antagonist. Poor Nnamdi this time around.

Mr. Shobanjo should understand that with his experience and success in the business world, he is not getting it right in this Eunice game. Eunice has no quality of The Apprentice. Those who described her as mélange are perhaps not close enough to her or have not fallen victim of her manipulative prowess.

She is a big minus and a big misfit in the house and the earlier she is shown the way out, the better.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by enque(f): 10:00am On May 09, 2008
apmis:

Episode 11: Nnamdi fired

eunice can't be fired for now no matter what wrong she does.
I think that the boss has an emotional attchment for her, in the sense that she is really one of the contestant that has real book qualification and is trying to do things by the book. She does have her weakness which was glaring, under any circumstance she could have been fired for not putting her feet down and telling the team to sell for a higher price! Why blame it on Nnamdi? Also she is a fighter, she is a boardroom fighter. she knows what she wants and pursues it. Nnamdi was just a scape goat. She set him up and got him out of the way. He was the strongest contender in that team. Eunice knows she can deal with the rest easily. Kathleen or isaac is no match for her.
Poor Nnamdi, all he needed to do was blame it on poor leadership without trying to defend himself, of course he was new to the boardroom game. Attack is the best form of defence. Eunice again shoed how to play the boardroom game she was fighting and she made that clear. Kathleen was in to support her and Nnamdi to be fired
Update by Apprentice Africa

sooner or later i knew eunice was going to scheme nnamdi out of d house, well too bad, he had to leave!
as 4 eunice, am just going to keep my fingas crossed n watch how things unfold in d apprentice.
Truth is, i really hold the CEO in high esteem n would want to giv him a benefit of doubt about d emotional attachment issue, let me just hope he doesnt dissapoint me,
Blessing,- she ganged up wit eunice against nancy, i can't wait to see her crushed by her so called ally eunice,
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Modups1(f): 10:43am On May 09, 2008
it's really obvious now that d ceo is partial towards eunice
wat she has going for her is dat she has dat american cockiness & confidence & of course d accent .
any hoo its a bizness prog. focusing on how to make it in da biz world & we all know its dog eat dog so i guess she's on track
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 11:34am On May 09, 2008
u guys on this thread are BRILLIANT!

Infact u've summarised most of my thoughts!

the name of the show should be changed to BS's Apprentice angry

'cos I don't seem to understand why AFRICA is used in the title!

the gals would all stab themselves outta the house; perhaps Eunice should've seen Eddie's eviction clip to see that money (or is't the APPRENTICE?) isn't everything

she's taking everything to a PERSONAL level and am disgusted!

AGAIN, MY PROBLEM WITH THE TITLE

APPRENTICE AFRICA - the organisers never told us that during decision time; candidates will be based on I-LIVE-IN-AFRICA OR I-LIVE-IN-AMERICA-BUT-LIKE AFRICA OR WHATEVER.

moreover, the ears and eyes of BS are just 2 (the man and the woman). Next time, a BOD consisting of 10 executives should decide and not a 1-man show! judgement of one man? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 11:37am On May 09, 2008
Akatu was fired for not being a GOOD FOLLOWER TO TUNDE'S LEADERSHIP; EUNICE WAS LEFT ALONE

I WISH TO SEE TUNDE AND EUNICE IN THE BOARDROOM 'COS UNLESS THEY LISTEN TO AKON'S PUT THE BLAME ON ME, THEY MIGHT JUST TEAR THEMSELVES UP!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Modups1(f): 11:43am On May 09, 2008
@ mustay
am looking forward to dat oh! both eunice & tunde will scatter dat boardroom if it gets down to 2 of em. will be an interesting showdown
but by d look of things, tunde will most probably lose on dat cos eunice will certainly out talk him and d ceo seems to be rooting for her

i miss eddie cry cry cry
Re: The Apprentice Africa by enque(f): 11:54am On May 09, 2008
Modups!:

@ mustay
am looking forward to that oh! both eunice & tunde will scatter that boardroom if it gets down to 2 of em. will be an interesting showdown
but by d look of things, tunde will most probably lose on that because eunice will certainly out talk him and d ceo seems to be rooting for her

i miss eddie cry cry cry

Gbam! correct o!!

me miss eddie too
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 11:54am On May 09, 2008
Eunice's accent is an advantage - she's fast! bla bla bla! kai, tongue

blessinf would soon go out

the person am looking forward to is the LAWYER IN THE HOUSE cool

@ least there's no more Eddie kiss cry
Re: The Apprentice Africa by apmis: 4:00pm On May 09, 2008
clasic boardroom game: deox vs eunice
but eunice would win any way somehow hey rest of the team would realise that eunice has to be booted out. in the next episode matrix would lose again and it would be kathleen + eunice vs isaac, of course issac get sent out. the whole thing is resuffled again then the battle would toughen. then would be the time to see eunice go. that is if the rest of the team realises how to play the game. eunice is a fighter she knows what she is after. save for deox who has been playing mr cool and blessing who is another fighter. the rest of the pack are just coasting along.
it is BS fault, the girl knows how to influence people, see how she drew her folder out when Nnamdi mistakenly said she did not have a budget, see how she suggested that Nnamdi be fired. She has been reading Art of war not for nothing sake. You may not like her but she does understand what the show is about and she is playing it. she has a great weakness but can the rest of the team capitalise on it. No any which way she would go on to the last four. Blessing is not going out soon. there is reginna, then issac, then tunde. ah I am ranting too much update from the apprentice africa blog
Re: The Apprentice Africa by spora1: 4:19pm On May 09, 2008
I was on TAA website this afternoon and something caught my attentions.

I do not know whether it is by coincidence but have you checked the arrangement of the pictures of the contestants and noticed what I saw?

Did you see that row 1 is arranged in an on and off manner. Meaning that when you see one "fired" contestant, you see one that is still in house and so on and so on. Row 2, it is 2 off's and 1 on etc.

Does it mean that, if the arrangement is anything to go by, Tunde (God forbids) is the next contestant to be fired? The arrangement had better be coincidenc, as Tunde is one of the best guys in the house and he should not be fired, at least not now.

www.theapprenticeafrica.com
Re: The Apprentice Africa by spora1: 4:25pm On May 09, 2008
Sorry, I later remembered that Nnamdi is already out. So the arrangement is just a conincidence!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Modups1(f): 5:18pm On May 09, 2008
haaaaaaaaaa spora, me self i was buying ur conspiracy theory till u came back to correct urself
na wa for u oh, take time angry
Re: The Apprentice Africa by McDreamy: 11:27pm On May 09, 2008
I have a lot of issues with TAA

Now the show should be renamed BS's Eunice Apprentice! She now calls the shots and either tells BS who should be fired (a la Nancy) OR points him in the right direction (a la Nnamdi). BS accuses Nnamdi of being emotionally aggressive bla bla bla, wasnt Eunice guiltier of the same crime?

Nnamdi up till now had not been pulling his weight in the show and has been fortunate to have been in the winning team all the while thus saving him from visiting the board room, He eventually pulled his weight in the last task & he did not deserve to be fired!

Now if we look back to previous episodes, BS has always harped on leadership. How come when it comes to Eunice being a losing Project Manager (PM), he conveniently forgets to play the leadership card? Now I am not saying that every PM shld get fired BUT al least he would have pointed out his/her faults/weaknesses which he did not do in this case.

I must give it to Eunice, she knows how to play the game - after all that's what the whole show is! She has learnt a lot from watching Trump's Apprentice, Survivor etc & is using her New York street experience to her benefit BUT I must say that her attitude is defeating the purpose of the program. She is disrespectful, insolent & outright ruthless. She never accepts the blameeven when she is wrong. (case in point, when Nnamdi says u cant sell a cup of fruit juice for more than N250, couldnt she have insisted on trying to sell for a higher price at least to prove him wrong, the aim of the game was to make profit off your product)

Blessing is good, at least she has shown she is much more than talk! but her alliance with Eunice will soon be tested.
My candidate is actually Tunde but I am suspecting that either Blessing OR Eunice will win as BS has a SOFT SPOT for both (more for E)

Let's see how it turns out!

P.S - This is for Eddie - that move of yours, the sacrificial goat, was brave, courageous, commendable BUT OH! SO STUPID! It's a BLOODY GAME! (I almost cried angry )

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bisola: A Nairalander Replies Journalist Chris Ayo Joseph / Where Can I Download Nollywood Movies For Free / Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.