Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,867 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

The Apprentice Africa - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Apprentice Africa (17297 Views)

The Apprentice 2010 / The Apprentice {UK} Thread! / The Apprentice Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Apprentice Africa by fun4me2(f): 10:25am On Jun 16, 2008
we cant rmber everytin we r being tut in school,or what wev read in time past,for me i think its a strenght for eunice to have sed sometin instead of saying she doesnt know what median was,it wud have been much more stupid,
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 10:47am On Jun 16, 2008
is't stupid to tell the truth?

She could have easily said she didn't remember. At least, Isaac was ready to learn.

Remember the interviewers said the contestants shyed away from the questions asked.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by McDreamy: 10:31pm On Jun 16, 2008
fun4me2:

we can't rmber everytin we r being tut in school,or what wev read in time past,for me i think its a strenght for eunice to have sed sometin instead of saying she doesnt know what median was,it would have been much more stupid,

Mustay:

is't stupid to tell the truth?

She could have easily said she didn't remember. At least, Isaac was ready to learn.

Remember the interviewers said the contestants shyed away from the questions asked.

the greatest asset i would be looking for in my apprentice is the ability to come clean and admit their faults/weaknesses - eg being able to say I am sorry, I was wrong, I don't know OR I can't remember!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by dominobaby(f): 7:49am On Jun 17, 2008
Blessing actually fired herself, how on earth would you say you are manipulative?

I am so sure Eunice is going to beat Isaac to it today, much as i don't want her to win.

But how come one of the guys that interviewed her did not point the fact that she could not answer just one [b][/b]of the economics questions? shocked
this chick is just being favoured with that accent of hers
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 10:38am On Jun 17, 2008
it's annoying that the winner has been decided angry angry

We'll just watch an over-edited session
Re: The Apprentice Africa by fun4me2(f): 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2008
as 4 me ,i still repeat dat its beta saying something even when ure not so sure of d exact answers, than just saying u dont know,its just like writing an exam and of a truth u didnt read dat particular topic hence u werent adequately prepared to answer dat question,and so for dat reason u just left it unanswered and submitted a blank sheet dat to me is d dumbest thing to do.Nobody will arrest you for guessing round d answer even if ure not so correct.That was a strenght for Eunice,Imagine nobody among the 3 interviewees even made mention of d fact dat she didnt know what a median is--UC grin
Re: The Apprentice Africa by AKO1(m): 9:58pm On Jun 17, 2008
Just watched it on STV!!!

From Mimi and Paul's comments, Issac ironically seems like the winner.

But which kain yeye suspence be dis now ehn
Re: The Apprentice Africa by soloqy: 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2008
@ A K O

I didnt watch it. Was watching the Euro 2008.

Pls could you summarise what happened?

Anybody?
Re: The Apprentice Africa by BlackPrez: 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2008
Hello, I missed out. What happened? Please details
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 8:49am On Jun 18, 2008
fun4me2:

as 4 me ,i still repeat that its beta saying something even when ure not so sure of d exact answers, than just saying u don't know,its just like writing an exam and of a truth u didnt read that particular topic hence u werent adequately prepared to answer that question,and so for that reason u just left it unanswered and submitted a blank sheet that to me is d dumbest thing to do.Nobody will arrest you for guessing round d answer even if ure not so correct.That was a strenght for Eunice,Imagine nobody among the 3 interviewees even made mention of d fact that she didnt know what a median is--UC grin

Normally, if u are preparing for an interview, u'll read now abi?

se phb dint allow 'em to read ni?
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 8:58am On Jun 18, 2008
this is why I hate govt stations! angry

they could terminate showing apprentice AFRICA for EURO 2008 sad

apprentice has got many sponsors than euro 2008, so why is nta messed up like this?
Re: The Apprentice Africa by topeorekoy(m): 9:43am On Jun 18, 2008
really from what mimi and paul said yesterday, isaac will be the winner but shobanjo said he will be the one to make the final decision. i just hope eunice wont be the winner.

in summary what happened yesterday- 6 members of the fired participants were called back to help the 2 remaining contestant in a task abt bank phb, marketing it to pple. in the board room, they talked abt all what they did and shobanjo then asked them how they'll adapt to the lagos(lagos being so different from all cities in nigeria, the hustling life in lagos) eunice tried to use he nigeria connect and isaac was willing to come and work in lagos and bring his family down.

paul's comments- isaac is ready to learn, he is a very calm performer and he has alot up there and judging from his performance all through the competition, he has contributed to his team's winning a task more than eunice. eunice is bold, can express herself. in favour of ISAAC

mimi's comment- she shared paul's views

shobanjo- he also shared their views and said isaac is a typical ghanian, who is calm, gentle but he has so many things imbedded in him. he said eunice isnt really much of a team player in the sense that if she doesnt buy the idea of the task leader, she tends not to support what he brings up. Mimi sighted an example of a task(4gotten that task) shobanjo said isaac supports the task manager even if he doesnt like the innovations he brings up. he also said eunice's has always been focused on winning and that she has been to the board room may times than isaac has been. his last words- HE WILL MAKE THE FINAL DECISION.

my own personal judgement- i personally will want isaac to be the winner based on what paul said, the only reason why i think eunice made it that far is cos she is outspoken and her accent really helped her. sometimes, she might not really make sense but the fact that she is able to put words 2geda so fast.

I WANT ISAAC TO WIN
Re: The Apprentice Africa by fun4me2(f): 11:24am On Jun 18, 2008
[[b]size=8pt]my dear forumite - Yesterdays show was quite interesting, d last 2 standing were told to organise an event for BankPHB dat brings out d corporate culture of d Bank (INSPIRING BRILLANCE) ,to be able to do d task alloted to dem, dey were to hire employees dat will help dem,hence lo and behold der were 6 employees broght in2 d room and dey turned out to be Tunde,Blessing,Deux,Regina,Cathline'&Nnamdi. They were told to pick who der employees will be starting 4m Eunice, She picked Tunde,Cathline and Blessing,while Isaac picked Regina,Nnamdi&Deux.

They both organised wonderful events for BankPHB, but personally I loved dat of E more.

At d Boardroom dey were both congratulated and asked if dey were ready to re-locate bak to Lagos in d event of being choosen as d apprentice,dey were both very willing to re-locate.Isaac was asked if he felt dis-advantaged in anyway by Eunice's academic qualifications,and I realy loved the way he replied,he sed he wasnt and dat it doesnt mata where one gets his/her university education but what matters most was how it was gotten and what one makes out of it.

In conclusion dey were both told to wait outside the BR while d CEO spoke with his eyes and ears, From d analysis Isaac seems to be d man because he was sed to be a SILENT ACHIEVER, while Eunice was also sed to b gud but dat she seems to be all out to win and her attitude during d BR experiences have shown her has someone who hates to fail.

Anoder strong point d CEO sed was dat he has been watching d contestants individually and has been asking himself if such a person realy deserves to be his apprentice,he mentioned d fact dat Isaac has been able to give in all his best to d task even even when it was as if he had no confidence in d PM,while d attitude of some of d oder contestants ave been to withdraw and not put in der best afterall dey r not d PM, so its looking like d winner will be Isaac but we dont know yet.

I hope ave been able to summarise yesterday's show 4 dose dat missed it? cheesy[/size][/b][color=#000099][/color]
Re: The Apprentice Africa by fun4me2(f): 11:33am On Jun 18, 2008
anoder tin dat interested me yesterday was dat 6/6 of d employees brought-in to help d last 2 all sed dey wuld have loved to be in Isaac's team.

Doesnt dat speak alot about Eunices's attitude.

For me I learnt dat its not sufficient to have d best of education,being smart,intelligent, etc without connecting to people ,Isaac is a man of d people,he is a man of integrity,he might not be as agressive as eunice but d man is deep.

I want the best person and who ever deserves it better to WIN.I respect d 2 contestant left,Eunice has got to realy work on her attitude apart from dat she's realy cool.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by spora1: 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2008
With the task that was given yesterday, I hate to confess that Eunice impressed me. I must say that despite all, she is still innovative. It was with a sigh of relief therefore I learnt that that task alone will not determine who becomes the apprentice.

Prior to the assessments by Paul and Mimi, I could see the pendulum swinging in the direction of Eunice. BS' body languages were pointing in the direction of the yanke gal!

I could see a CEO that was forced to support his assistants. But I was not deceived by Mr. Shobanjo corroboration. He had no choice! Even at that I could see the insincerity in him eulogising Isaac. His heart was completely with Eunice. This was accentuated by his body languages. I could see a CEO that was under pressure. Imagine him close his eyes while talking. Psychologists will tell us that it wasn't him talking for he was not talking with comfort.

With the situations of things, it will be very difficult for him to give it to Eunice, even if he intended to. Everybody is for Isaac, even the sacked employees!

So, I am not moved by his conclusion that he still has the final say (as if we have forgotten he is the CEO). Whether Mr. Shobanjo likes it or not Isaac is the apprentice. I doubt if he will fi iso bintin ba idi je.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 8:54am On Jun 19, 2008
@ spora and fun4me2 thanks 4 ur updates cheesy

topeorekoy:

really from what mimi and paul said yesterday, isaac will be the winner but shobanjo said he will be the one to make the final decision. i just hope eunice wont be the winner.
paul's comments- isaac is ready to learn, he is a very calm performer and he has alot up there and judging from his performance all through the competition, he has contributed to his team's winning a task more than eunice. eunice is bold, can express herself. in favour of ISAAC

mimi's comment- she shared paul's views

BS has not followed Mimi's opinions on some occasions.

When the eyes and ears voted against Deox, Kathleen went out.

When the eyes and ears voted against Eunice, Nnamdi went out. cheesy grin
Re: The Apprentice Africa by fun4me2(f): 1:18pm On Jun 19, 2008
[b]@Mustay- thanks smiley

A good Leader is judged by his followers, how can I say am a good leader when all my followers are not even willing to be under my leadership?
Dat is what I ave seen with Eunice.

Der's no doubth dat she is gud,but I still repeat she's not gat d rite attitude when it comes to relating.

Tunde - He sed he would ave very much loved to be in Isaac's team

Blessing - She sed she was so surprised dat Eunice choose her to be in her team,dat it was like being a Medical doctor and ur worst enemy was brought for u to treat,as a proffessional,u just have to do ur job and forget any hard feelings,and dat was what she did cos she was a proffesional so she gave her best to d task in Eunice's team.

Regina - She sed she was so glad dat Isaac choose her to be in his team

Cathline - Sed she wud ave truly preferred to be in Isaac's team.

Nnamdi - Sed Isaac was his man anytime anyday and he wud very much want Isaac to win

Deux - Also voted for Isaac.

Can u beat dat ?? shocked shocked Not even 1 person out of d last 6 evictees culd vote for Eunice, let's 4get her intelligence and smartness, my people dis says sometin abt d individual,

I hope BankPHB will not be biased in making der final judgement of who dey want der apprentice to be.[/b]
Re: The Apprentice Africa by BlackPrez: 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2008
wink grin Thanks guys for the summary. I don't have to miss it on Friday. Wishing Isaac the best.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 2:21pm On Jun 19, 2008
This show is not really different from The Intern at the final stage!

It's not impossible the contestants can work against E or I; afterall, business ins't always fair!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by dominobaby(f): 7:30am On Jun 20, 2008
from all indications, ISAAC deserves to win, but i don't like the fact that Shobanjo has to still make the final decisions, despite Paul and Mimi's summary of it all - I see Shobanjo giving it to Eunice.

Eunice does not have that inter personal relationship!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by girlie2000(f): 11:09am On Jun 20, 2008
its so obvious that the CEO is trying to hit on Eunice. that explains why he's not completely sharing the others's views on giving it to Isaac. thats just it. he's falling for the girl and wants her so bad, not in the bank but in his bed  tongue
Re: The Apprentice Africa by eezzy(f): 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2008
TUFIA!!!! shocked embarassed
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2008
hmm

u guys should be careful 'bout what you write on bs-eunice.

The man wants HIS apprentice, so he makes the final decision
Re: The Apprentice Africa by 702: 10:36pm On Jun 20, 2008
Who won d whole saga? i missed it just dis tuesday on NTA!

Eunice GO 4 IT!!!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by AKO1(m): 11:06pm On Jun 20, 2008
702:

Who won d whole saga? i missed it just this tuesday on NTA!

Eunice GO 4 IT!!!

Read up.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2008
Describing the scenario in which she had found herself in as Eunice’s employee, Blessing said, “My situation now is like that of a medical doctor whose enemy has just been brought to her hospital, and this enemy needs my help to survive, now do I obey my professional calling and save her life, or do I just extract my pound of flesh?”

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10773&Itemid=126

There 'll be backbiting. The same Blessing called it PROFESSIONAL DISAGREEMENTS on her interview with the PUNCH newspaper.

na wa o undecided
Re: The Apprentice Africa by fun4me2(f): 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2008
and my apprentice is , (WATCHOUT) cheesy
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2008
fun4me2:

and my apprentice is , (ISAAC) cheesy

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: The Apprentice Africa by AKO1(m): 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2008
Its on!!!!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by AKO1(m): 8:54pm On Jun 24, 2008
[size=72pt]ISSAC!!!! grin grin grin[/size]

wo-hoo!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Aiyetunje: 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2008
So aftre all is said and done Isaac wins it! I am glad that he won (tho I aint getting a dime of his 200k $$$)
Re: The Apprentice Africa by gatewayman: 12:50am On Jun 25, 2008
Glad the best man won. Was really afraid they were going to be bias against Isaac. Evidently Isaac out performed Eunice today.
BTW did any one notice that the last task was not rated? Really wondered why. I submit that Eunice had the upperhand.
Congrat to Bank PHB I expect them to promptly open a branch in Ghana if they intend to reap bountifully for the show and the emergence of Issac as winner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bisola: A Nairalander Replies Journalist Chris Ayo Joseph / Where Can I Download Nollywood Movies For Free / Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.