Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,267 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader (13437 Views)

Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 / Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2011
Folks Nri is the undisputed ancestral home of Igbo land. (I am from Imo State, I am not from anywhere close to Nri before anyone accuse me of Biais)

But that said, choosing the next political leader is not the duty of any one traditional leader.

As many Igbos as possible should be involved in the process. Either through formation of a mainstream political party to carry our message, or revolution of the existing APGA and election of a broad minded leader to carry our message.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Nri is at it again; doing what it has no business doing angry

I here you Ngwa,but I feel if there is any other Igbo kingdom that strongly feel they have  the traditional or customary right to  annoint an Igbo leader they should go ahead and do so!!
Stop feeling unnescessarily insecure. Nri civilization is the oldest civilization in the geographic area called Nigeria!!
This is a kingdom that developed with the use of their its religion and traditions and not by fighting nor by getting rich off  kidnapping and selling fellow Igbos.
Nri kingdom has the most authentic and strongest institution and our fore-fathers did it without soiling their hands. 90% of today Anambra area never sold slaves; and you wonder why some ppl are so blessed!!
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by jmoore(m): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2011
I can't believe at this age some people are still talking about biafra, Wake up! Biafra is dead and gone
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2011
EzeUche:

I agree with you for once.

This is a job for the Eze Aro.  angry

Eze Vincent Ogbonnaya Okoro (Eze Aro)

Mr,your Eze Aro has no say in a matter like this; when the Igbos are ready to account for how many Igbos were sold into slavery then can we consult him. As for now Eze Nri is supremo !
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

I here you Ngwa,but I feel if there is any other Igbo kingdom that strongly feel they have  the traditional or customary right to  annoint an Igbo leader they should go ahead and do so!!
Stop feeling unnescessarily insecure. Nri civilization is the oldest civilization in the geographic area called Nigeria!!
This is a kingdom that developed with the use of their its religion and traditions and not by fighting nor by getting rich off  kidnapping and selling fellow Igbos.
Nri kingdom has the most authentic and strongest institution and our fore-fathers did it without soiling their hands. 90% of today Anambra area never sold slaves; and you wonder why some ppl are so blessed!!

Let's not just go there now, OK. While Nri was a great kingdom that harbored the pride of the Igbos, there were also other Igbo kingdoms that existed alongside Nri (though lesser known ones). The unnecessary gloating is not needed on this thread and do not sling mud at other Igbos, else we would all delve into that mud slinging. Be warned. Keep it straight to the point and do not rile anybody up here (especially me)
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by crackhouse(m): 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2011
My question is, can uwazuluike do what ojukwu did?, Does he have the resources?, is he generally acceptable by Ndigbo?, what military training have he acquired?, can he stand by his words and not to panic when intimidated?, what educational qualification does he have because that position needs somebody who is highly educated. For now, this is a food for thought for Ndigbo. Remember Leading massob is different from leading ndigbo.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by tpia5: 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2011
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by EzeUche(m): 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Mr,your Eze Aro has no say in a matter like this; when the Igbos are ready to account for how many Igbos were sold into slavery then can we consult him. As for now Eze Nri is supremo !

How dare you! angry

You have just insulted the leader of the Aro people.

The Aro Igbo are one of the most numerous Igbo clans in Igboland, with communities in every South-East state.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by ChinenyeN(m): 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2011
EzeUche:

This is a job for the Eze Aro.  angry
Eze Aro, just as with Eze Nri, should remain seated.

mikeansy:

Folks Nri is the undisputed ancestral home of Igbo land.
Enough of this nonsense.

NRI PRIEST:

You do not have customary right, just because you think you have customary right. The people who you are ignorantly assuming customary right over have to acknowledge whatever "traditional" or "customary" position you "feel so strongly for". That is how societies work. So remain seated.

NRI PRIEST:

This is a kingdom that developed with the use of their its religion and traditions and not by fighting nor by getting rich off  kidnapping and selling fellow Igbos others.
Nri kingdom has the most authentic and strongest institution and our Nri fore-fathers did it without soiling their hands. 90% of today Anambra area never sold slaves; and you wonder why some ppl are so blessed!!

Hope you don't mind. I took the liberty of making some corrections. That aside, I don't give a singe onuodu about what you think concerning Nri. My simple point remains, These people are at it again; doing what they have no business doing. Nri can [B]feel[/b] however way it wants, but the fact is simple; it has no business whatsoever.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by kizito96(m): 6:42pm On Dec 27, 2011
Uwazurike is nobody in Igbo Land. He is only making noise about MASSOB, using the money to build hostels in Owerri. This man has nearly all the hostels in Owerri.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by DRANOEL(m): 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2011
mikeansy:

Perhaps if you can encourage your folks to stop being blood thirsty there wont be any need for Igbos to play victim.

I really dont understand why some of you are so shameless. How you can defend your babarism on the world wide web is incomprehensible.

If I was you I will be hiding my head and my thoughts in shame!!!!

until you give me evidence of which of the tribes was as blood thirsty as the igbos before 1966 i suggest you shut the m.f up!

like i said you aint got proof,you aint got sgh.it!
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by Kc3000: 7:14pm On Dec 27, 2011
Move this to the jokes section. Ojukwu himself was only a leader of the Igbo during the civil war, and after that he was never the leader of the Igbo. . . no one is. Any reference to Ikemba in such a capacity, was always in celebration of his great love for the Igbo, and his efforts during the war. Ojukwu's status as Ezeigbo existed in the hearts of the people, and not because someone crowned him as such. Uwazuruike does not command that level of respect and affection in the hearts of the people.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by NRIPRIEST(m): 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2011
Bandit C.:

Let's not just go there now, OK. While Nri was a great kingdom that harbored the pride of the Igbos, there were also other Igbo kingdoms that existed alongside Nri (though lesser known ones). The unnecessary gloating is not needed on this thread and do not sling mud at other Igbos, else we would all delve into that mud slinging. Be warned. Keep it straight to the point and do not rile anybody up here (especially me)

Bia kam gwa gi something, obulu na I choo igwam okwu jili nsopulu kwue ya maka na onwero onye mu bu Eze mmuo Nri na atu egwu !!
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by NRIPRIEST(m): 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Eze Aro, just as with Eze Nri, should remain seated.
Enough of this nonsense.
You do not have customary right, just because you think you have customary right. The people who you are ignorantly assuming customary right over have to acknowledge whatever "traditional" or "customary" position you "feel so strongly for". That is how societies work. So remain seated.

Hope you don't mind. I took the liberty of making some corrections. That aside, I don't give a singe onuodu about what you think concerning Nri. My simple point remains, These people are at it again; doing what they have no business doing. Nri can [B]feel[/b] however way it wants, but the fact is simple; it has no business whatsoever.

Onye ka gi na ndi be unu bu na Anaigbo I ga eji si NDI-EZE anaigbo fa jee suo ike na oche ??
I bu ofeke ten kobo.
I bet you wont dare say it in the gatherings of Ndigbo!! Ezi offia!
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by ChinenyeN(m): 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

Onye ka gi na ndi be unu bu na Anaigbo I ga eji si NDI-EZE anaigbo fa jee suo ike na oche ??
I bu ofeke ten kobo.
I bet you wont dare say it in the gatherings of Ndigbo!! Ezi offia!
It's apparent that you have nothing substantial left to say. So you resort to this. Typical.
Anyway, regarding the bolded; I need not say anything, to be honest, because many others have already done exactly that, and will do so again.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by ChinenyeN(m): 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2011
Nri has no business whatsoever.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Nri has no business whatsoever.

Of all the eligible Igbos in Abia state an Ngwa man is talking of who has business and who doesnt; Its really sad that a mis-oriented aggressive young man of 22yrs like you can even open your breast feeding mouth to talk about somebody as sacred as the Eze Nri!! Who are you to even speak about something that can consume you!! Are you really 22yrs
I seriously doubt it !!
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by ChinenyeN(m): 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2011
I was just saying it before, but now I'm positive that you have nothing substantial left to say *walks away from thread*
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by CyberG: 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2011
Well, a lot of people are now on this thread and MOST of you only spoke from your tribalism infested minds because you ignored the crux of the point I made earlier about phantom allegations of genocide but went on to attack me or tribes of the North and West: Here is the list:

Ngodigha1, Aro Okigbo, EagleNest, Diligence, freepeople, crissmac, Ch@nges, xtianh, Bandit C., guonno, guonno, nedu210, NRI PRIEST, mikeansy, manny4life, EzeUche, crackhouse

My guess is most of you are Easterners and I am your friend and I love you ALL but would anyone of you be civil and debate my point with your strong counter-arguments or by abusing every one else, you think that you have won the argument? NO! It is clear to the neutrally minded because I did not only speak of the Asaba incident but also gave the origin of that terrible incident. I showed here on NL here that almost every one on NL today never saw the war and even if you did, you could only give an account of what you experienced or were told - a limited, one-sided story.

The genocide allegations were looked into early enough in the war to reach a definite conclusion as the International Team of Observers were allowed by the Gowon government to inspect and observe the conduct of the war - the VERY first in human history of war! This deserves some credit but I am sure MOST of you will never and can never give any credit but to yourself. In a war where one side has the advantage of numbers, weaponry, strategy, momentum and more international support, yet he graciously allows an umpire to inspect his conduct of battle, this deserves credit my friends! The team of observes had even a polish military personnel in it and is it possible that such a person who has seen genocide in Austchwitz, Buchenwald, Sobibor, etc in its many forms still got no clue? Again, I appeal to you to debate really fair and not deviating from the question I raised but attacking me, and everyone else who doesn't share your point of view!

crissmac[b]

« #59 on: Today at 12:21:45 PM »

@ cyber G
real smart move, using a foreigner's version to tell the Asaba story.
i'm going to recommend a book for u that tells the story of what really went down in Asaba. the only condition is that you read it ith an unbiased and open mind.  its called "Tears on the Niger"[/b]

Criss, the book was written by someone who travelled the length and breadth of Nigeria and then Biafra as a Journalist and reporter, saw the war, talked to the belligerents, made copious notes from eye witnesses, multiple cross references to reach many of his submissions. However, in the case we were discussing, do you have ANY counter-arguments to what caused the killings in Asaba? Did you read that Adekunle, well before his incisive and decisive massively violent, fear-inducing campaigns was right there in Warri and he was not an actor in this killings? Before the killings, the civilians who hacked the Ibos to death and were doing the killings without the Army and Police?

The other point is it is naive of you to think you can argue this point by asking me to go and read a book that possibly told a one-sided story without presenting your own personal thoughts after reading this book, if its claims were different! If Frederick Forsyth who by corroborated accounts was ". . .shamely pro-biafra. . ." wrote a book with accounts questioned by other independent sources, how do you now put forward an account by people like you whose primary motive is to sustain tribalism and the propagandization of several aspects of the war? I don't want us to deviate from the point I challenged you on: allegations of genocide were torn down even before was over. I feel sorry for those that were killed but you cannot discount origin of that very event because war obeys a modified version of Newton's 3rd law of motion - simply stated: for every action, there is an opposite reaction only that in this case it is neither equal nor collinear! Because 1, humans are not inanimate machines 2, war will never be over!

The Japanese devastated Pearl Harbor during World War II, the Americans then got into the war fully and by the time the stranglehold was tightening on Nazi Germany with the Russians giving the fleeing Germans a massive beat-down, the US could plan their decisive strike on Hiroshima and Nagasaki! These strikes killed hundreds of thousands in one blow but whose fault is it? The Japanese needed to totally obliterate all the US aircraft carriers and do a whole lot more than just attack Pearl Harbour and when they retaliated, should we term that a crime of "genocide"?

One more thing, with a measly 23 posts on NLand, I advise spending sometime here so you can know that some people here know what they are talking about and try to find out more information if they need to and don't just resort to diversionary or tribalism tactics!
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by Rhino5dm: 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2011
Have they started fighting against one another? They cant even agree with one another due to pride and greed. Pathetic!
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by nedu210(m): 9:11pm On Dec 27, 2011
what is dis all about, the EZE want to bless the man 4 the way he carry the affair of ndigbo. If any kingdom have the right its Nri. Mana kam gwa unu na otutu na ime unu na ezuzu'ezuzu. ihere unu na emem, unu che na obu nani unu na agu ihe odidea, unu amayi na ndi ozo na aguya na amu unu amu, ebe unu na ekwu udi okwu'a na ebe umu nne unu no, kedu ihe unu cholo ka ndi ozo kwuo banyelu unu.     Achoyi'm ima ihe unu chelu banyelu ihea mu delu, mana ihea mu na agu ebea bu ihe ikpeazu mu turu anya na aka unu bu ndigbo.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by noiseless: 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2011
What is the point of all these foolishness,people will be complaining all the time that yorubas or others are coming to derail the thread and yet you wont even know when to stop fighting each other,where is the wisdom? you all are just doing the dirty work for some people  that you dont want them to get involved,cant you see it my brothers?yet you all would be the first to bragging about your intelligence,please brothers you are better than this. thanks
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by nedu210(m): 9:30pm On Dec 27, 2011
@ChinenyeN, EzeUche na NRI PRIEST. Ihele unu ato na emem, ugwu'm nwelu na ebe unu no taa ka unu kpulu ya na ani. Nee nt anya gbulu gbulu guo nu ihe ndi nmadu na edu make ihe unu wetulu ndigbo no na ebea. Tufiakwa unu, udi ihele unu tinyelu'm taa afunubelo'm ya mbu.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by Onlytruth(m): 9:31pm On Dec 27, 2011
mikeansy:

Folks Nri is the undisputed ancestral home of Igbo land. (I am from Imo State, I am not from anywhere close to Nri before anyone accuse me of Biais)

But that said, choosing the next political leader is not the duty of any one traditional leader.

As many Igbos as possible should be involved in the process. Either through formation of a mainstream political party to carry our message, or revolution of the existing APGA and election of a broad minded leader to carry our message.

How do we achieve the bolded?
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 27, 2011
nedu210:

what is dis all about, the EZE want to bless the man 4 the way he carry the affair of ndigbo. If any kingdom have the right its Nri. Mana kam gwa unu na otutu na ime unu na ezuzu'ezuzu. ihere unu na emem, unu che na obu nani unu na agu ihe odidea, unu amayi na ndi ozo na aguya na amu unu amu, ebe unu na ekwu udi okwu'a na ebe umu nne unu no, kedu ihe unu cholo ka ndi ozo kwuo banyelu unu.     Achoyi'm ima ihe unu chelu banyelu ihea mu delu, mana ihea mu na agu ebea bu ihe ikpeazu mu turu anya na aka unu bu ndigbo.

Mazi, ge nti ka mu kowatara gi. Thread a, na agabu ofuma. Ora ka ndi nile bu ndi Igbo ebe a kwekwara na ihe Eze Nri kwuru di nma mana ofu onye no na ebe a juru ajuju si ma obu so Eze Nri ga eji aka ya chie echiche metutara ndi Igbo nile. Ajuju ahu bu ezigbo ajuju, mana kama Nri Priest ga eji nwayo kowa ihe ochere maka ya, o bido kpari wa ndi ozo, siba na obu so Nri di nkpa, na ndi ozo adiro nkpa. Ebem si, o bu ezigbo nkpari bu ihe ahu okwuru.

Nri di nkpa mana Nri ama ekwuru Igbo nile. Igbo ebuka, nya mere o ga adi nma, onye na ekwu okwu ebe a, o na akwanyere Igbo ndi ozo ugwu. Onweghi onye obu ya na achi Igbo nile, onweghi kwa nu onye Igbo ka ndi ozo nma. A chorom ikpo afa mana onwere Igbo ndi no ebe a odi ka ha akacha ndi ozo nma.

Onye kparia Igbo ndi ozo no ebea na iru oha, kedu ihe mere na ndi  ozo ama akpari ya na ihu oha ahu kwa.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 27, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Have they started fighting against one another? They cant even agree with one another due to pride and greed. Pathetic!

When you people have finished eating yourselves up with political thuggery and assassinations of your own leaders, you may have the right to comment on petty internal Igbo disagreements.

By the way, have you caught your fellow kinsmen that assassinated Bola Ige? Big f.oo.l.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by Onlytruth(m): 9:47pm On Dec 27, 2011
@nedu210

You seem to be new here. Welcome.

When I came newly here, I was also shocked by some strange "methods" of communication from our fellow Igbo brothers towards one another. When I studied it more, I decided to go back and read about the civil war and the "sabo" factor. I have since become far wiser; I have ever since advised every Igbo to go and read about WHY Biafra failed, and why Ojukwu is actually a legend. His greatest achievement was not being killed by his fellow Igbo people.
It is painful, but true.

Now, I will comment of the Eze Nri action.

Like others have already said, the Eze Nri is entitled to his opinion. Others can decide to second him, or even anoint another. It is a free world and he enjoys free speech in Nigeria. I endorse Uwazuruike. He has earned my respect and loyalty. He will need to upgrade himself though.
My only advise is that we think through our utterances here.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by nedu210(m): 10:02pm On Dec 27, 2011
Bandit nwa nna, okwu ikwulu amaka mana ka anyi gwa onwe anyi ezi okwu, kedu onye igbo kwugolu okwu maka onodi ndigbo na obodo'a ewezuga ikemba. Mala na uwazuluike abuyi onye anambra nke oji abu onye nri. Nri priest kwulu ezi okwu mana okparilu onweya kparia ndigbo. Afuyi'm okwu balu ulu chineye kwulu ma ncha, obuezi okwu na mmadu ncha agayi  ekwekolita na ihe nine mana obuyi etu chinenye si tinyeya. BIKO NU KA ANYI KWANYELU NU ONWE ANYI UGWU OKACHASI NA EBE NDI OZO NO. IHE ANYI NA AYO KWA CHUKWU BU IDI NA OTU NA ETITI NDIGBO. EKENE'M UNU
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by hbrednic: 10:19pm On Dec 27, 2011
Big Joke,
IGBO HAS NO KING AND WILL REMAIN SO
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 27, 2011
nedu210:

Bandit nwa nna, okwu ikwulu amaka mana ka anyi gwa onwe anyi ezi okwu, kedu onye igbo kwugolu okwu maka onodi ndigbo na obodo'a ewezuga ikemba. Mala na uwazuluike abuyi onye anambra nke oji abu onye nri. Nri priest kwulu ezi okwu mana okparilu onweya kparia ndigbo. Afuyi'm okwu balu ulu chineye kwulu ma ncha, obuezi okwu na mmadu ncha agayi  ekwekolita na ihe nine mana obuyi etu chinenye si tinyeya. BIKO NU KA ANYI KWANYELU NU ONWE ANYI UGWU OKACHASI NA EBE NDI OZO NO. IHE ANYI NA AYO KWA CHUKWU BU IDI NA OTU NA ETITI NDIGBO. EKENE'M UNU

Okwu gi amaka Nedu. Eziokwu ka ikwukwara mana onwere otutu ihe na eme ebe a ufodu ndi na enefer'anya mana adighi'm. Nne'm ochie ejighi Ikemba egwu egwu, okpu ya na onu ruo na onwu ya. Kedu ihe'm ji ekwu ihe a? Ihe'm ji ekwu ya bu na onwere Ndigbo no na ebe a, odi ka obu so ndi be ha nuu ru Biafra agha, ka obu so ha ka oganiru ndi Igbo kacha nkpa mana ihe nile bu Igbo nuu ru ya bu agha, Nnam Ochie nuu ru ya, Nwanne ya nwoke nuuru ya, anyi nile bekoritara akwa onu mana ndi ojo no ebea si na Ikemba bu so ha nwe ya, ndi ozo buru osu imi.

Ofu n'ime ha biara kita kparia Igbo ndi ozo, si na oburu na ha furu otu ha aka esi gbuo Ikemba, na ha aka eme ya. O bu ezigbo nkpari diri Nwanne Nna'm ochie na otutu ndi agha ndi Igbo nwuru na agha ahu.

Nya mere Nna, ihe ahu agwugo mu ike. Onye choro izokoro ihe nile gbasara ndi Igbo kpo ya nke ya, ya ewe kwana iwe ma ndi Igbo ndi ozo gwa ya na odiro ekwuchitara ha.

O bu ya bu otu mu nwa si fu ya bu ihe.
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by Relax101(m): 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2011
CyberG:

Mike, Eze, Relax: See here a snippet from the book I referred to earlier. Note that the claims of genocide were more exhaustively examined in latter stages of the book but this is a succinct account of what happened before the killings. Again, Nigeria was in a state of war at this time and this is not an attempt to say it was okay to have people killed but an unbiased account with several references in the book:

The Asaba killings occurred after ". . .an Ibo shot at a senior Nigerian officer and hit him in the chest, almost killing him. An Ibo-hating major from Benin (a Bini) then apparently took charge, herded all the Ibo men and boys together and had them machinegunned to death. They. . ."

Note that on page 164, the Biafran soldiers on their quick exit from Benin commandeered vehicles that did not belong to them, filled them with loot of the residents (Mid Westerners) and left the poorer Ibos who could not afford to leave. I am not here to make any judgement but please ask yourself honestly, if your house was burning with your family and kids in it, would you save your family first or save the plasma TV, home theater system, food while leaving the weaker kids who can't jump or run like you? I ask you to judge.

When an armed robber over-powers you in your own home and is asking for everyone's money, what do you do? If you are unable to kill all of them in a single blow, do you put your life in danger and that of your kids by attacking their boss leaving the several other armed robbers to give you a merit award or expect instant retribution. Please, young kids of nowadays, use your brains to think otherwise your education, if at all, is wasted.

If the fleeing Ibos had evacuated the citizens, then this might have reduced casualty rate or perhaps the hot-headed Ibo that indirectly killed several hundreds might have been removed. More importantly, if Ojukwu had not marched on the Mid West which had deliberately at the beginning of the war insisted on not joining any attack against any other part of Nigeria nor providing staging grounds for attack was so betrayed by the Biafrans, what did you expect them to do?

** Credit to Kats (I don't know if he would want me name-dropping him but he would recognize I am talking about him). His recommendation ensured that I dropped the other books I was reading at that time to read this one. In fact, I ended up having two copies while not realizing that I already had a copy but the cover had been removed while the other came with the cover intact. It brought me more breadth of the civil war issues much faster and I have not returned to continue reading the other book about Hitler and the WW 2 (Mein Kampf). Thanks man! **

Now watch this video.
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqCP3DXwFzU[/flash]
Am so happy that we were fortunate to watch this. People like una go talk say na propaganda.
This same nonsense happened everywhere throughout the war. I mean market, church and refugee camps!

If it is not genocide tell me what it is. Abi you wan label am war.
They carried this type of attack in the whole of Igbo land.
There's no big or small market in Igboland where you wont find traces or signs of war.
This was captured live on camera!.
Make dem no think say na mouth we dey talk am for mouth.
You left live accounts from people who experienced the war to read books. lol,
Ediot!
My inlaw's elder bro was born immediately after a raid in the market.
His mom was rushed to a small clinic, the same bombers jets came again killing most of the pregnant women there.
I fit curse you today. Just dnt make to. F00l!
Re: MASSOB Leader Uwazuruike To Succeed Ojukwu As The New Igbo Leader by Relax101(m): 10:58pm On Dec 27, 2011
I feel like slapping shi//t ouuta this stupoid guy called CyberG! Make him bring anoda book here again. Ediot!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Illegal Connection: Man Electrocuted To Death In Ikorodu / Only One LGA Now In Boko Haram Territory, Says Borno Speaker - VANGUARD / Uproar In Kogi PDP Over Rumoured Plan By Saraki To Manipulate Delegates List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.