Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? (7812 Views)

Finally! GEJ Meets Shekau / GEJ Meets With Dangote, Otedola, Other Businessmen In Lagos (Photos) / Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by mukina2: 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2011
ABUJA (AFP) – Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan met the country’s main Muslim spiritual leader Tuesday after Christmas Day attacks blamed on Islamists that killed 40, including worshippers as they left church.

The Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, made no comment as he entered Jonathan’s official residence on Tuesday afternoon.

Muslim leaders have come under pressure to take a more active role in seeking to stop attacks by Islamist group Boko Haram, which claimed responsibility for the Christmas violence.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/christmas-day-bombing-jonathan-meets-sultan/
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by DisGuy: 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2011
nothing commendable about it, too much importance is attached to kings and sultans in nigeria

the reality is they have no direct effect on the people around them

GEJ should be asking why the SSS have arrested more journalist than boko haram members this year
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2011
Dis Guy:

nothing commendable about it, too much importance is attached to kings and sultans in nigeria

the reality is they have no direct effect on the people around them

GEJ should be asking why the SSS have arrested more journalist than boko haram members this year

thats cold man cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

he should also ask the police why they stopped more demonstrations than crimes
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Ndkings1(m): 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2011
Gej!
I can see that the guy is realy confused on what to do.
What can the useles sultan do about this?, how am i sure he is not one of the them. because he too is in total sopot of d grup.
And btw, who said only 40 pple died?
More than hundren people lost their lives.
I was at the place when it hapnd, this one no be dem say.
And i can say that more dan 70% of the pple who lost their lives are igbos, thats we no go gree, and we must revénj.
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by nagoma(m): 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2011
It is a very good move but but finding out who the criminals are and who their sponsors are and punishing them is still the Presidents job. If they believe the sultan is to blame they should place him on dock and judge and punish him. Enough of this "passing the buck" while the country boils to evaporation with death and speculations. I pity GEJ but I also pity the Sultan.
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by otondo55: 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2011
Where was the sultan all this while, he is quite far from the people.
this did not start today, long time negligence of the society that made you.
sooner they will be after you, the sultan and the arewas,
for 43 years of leadership of the north, and nothing could be showed for it,
not even your people
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by esebangoe(m): 2:03pm On Dec 27, 2011
gudluck jonathan lack modus operandi
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by DisGuy: 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2011
oyb:

thats cold man  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

he should also ask the police why they stopped more demonstrations than crimes

2012 will even be worse for nigerians chances are he will go overboard trying to look tough and with N900b in the kitty chei

nagoma:

It is a very good move but but[b] finding out who the criminals are and who their sponsors are[/b] and punishing them is still the Presidents job. If they believe the sultan is to blame they should place him on dock and judge and punish him. Enough of this "passing the buck" while the country boils to evaporation with death and speculations. I pity GEJ but I also pity the Sultan.

since the oct 1 bombing they say they know those behind it o, and instead of going after them he is telling us to pray for them so they can change their mind  shocked
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2011
Of what use is the Sultan in Nigeria? For religion gibberish, and which the present Boko Haram intention is not - it is a political move disguised in the  name of religion.
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2011
Both men are part of the problem and I believe they are treating Boko Haram with "kid's glooves". The extremist Sultan has not condemned Boko Haram and stopped short of saying they are justified to carry out such bombings. Jonathan on the other hand has said they are a burden we all have to live with. So my question is what good can come out of a meeting of these two idiots.

I believe they both know the sponsors of Boko Haram and they are meeting on trying to find a way to "settle" the sponsors with money, political appointments or access to Oil blocks.
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2011
misyarn recognize misyarn

"Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With" collabo with "Muslims in nigeria are not united "

double facepalm to follow

Dis Guy:

2012 will even be worse for nigerians chances are he will go overboard trying to look tough and with N900b in the kitty chei

900b is to counter nigerian spring and subsidy riots

enough anti riot gear and water cannon
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2011
All of you condemning GEJ should pause and appreciate the enormity of the problems currently plaguing Nigeria. How do you tackle an enemy within your borders who's main ideological inspiration for waging cowardly attacks on innocent civilians in the most barbaric form belongs in the 7th century?
How do you reconcile their demands for a uniformity in the personal religious beliefs within a country who's diversity and heterogeneity is as widespread as it's population? Boko Haram is not a GEJ problem it's a collective problem, what we all need now is to stand by the only unifying symbol of our collective existence as one nation, Nigeria.
From all indications Boko-Haram are part of a script to cause disunity and war amongst us.
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by drnoel: 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2011
good move
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2011
OK_2_NV:

All of you condemning GEJ should pause and appreciate the enormity of the problems currently plaguing Nigeria. How do you tackle an enemy within your borders who's main ideological inspiration for waging cowardly attacks on innocent civilians in the most barbaric form belongs in the 7th century?
How do you reconcile their demands for a uniformity in the personal religious beliefs within a country who's diversity and heterogeneity is as widespread as it's population? Boko Haram is not a GEJ problem it's a collective problem, what we all need now is to stand by the only unifying symbol of our collective existence as one nation, Nigeria.
From all indications Boko-Haram are part of a script to cause disunity and war amongst us.

Ok, I see you are one of those that agree with GEJ that "this is a burden that we all have to live with". Well if you lost a close relative or a child to these distardly acts, then you will understand that it is someone's job to guarantee security of lives and property. If you have ever followed any American election, you will understand that National Security is usually one of the most debated issues and that usually determines who people vote for.

The president is the Chief Security Officer of a nation and he should hire competent people who can provide adequate advice and set up security measures that will guarantee safety of lives. If he thinks bombings should be part of our daily life, then he should resign. That is the worst statement any leader made in 2011.

We need to start holding our leaders accountable and not say "it is not their fault". They were voted into government for a reason!
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Lexusgs430: 2:24pm On Dec 27, 2011
The Americans have offered to assist, why not let them, since are security operatives are toothless bulldogs !!!
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by doctokwus: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2011
So he thinks d sultan will tell them to stop d bombings& they will obey him?Very funny.Given d opportunity,BH will attack d sultan& anything associated wt establishment.D key to this battle is intelligence gathering,get d sponsors& cut out their financial lifeline:as long as d finabcial lifeline exists,BH will thrive.
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by POTUT(m): 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2011
This sultan hinted that people are committing crimes and naming boko haram for it. This is an endorsement of boko haram, because we all know that the Police HQ and the UN bombings were done by BH. Does the sultan then mean that those two bombings were okay?

Nashville:

Both men are part of the problem and I believe they are treating Boko Haram with "kid's glooves". The extremist Sultan has not condemned Boko Haram and stopped short of saying they are justified to carry out such bombings. Jonathan on the other hand has said they are a burden we all have to live with. So my question is what good can come out of a meeting of these two idiots.

I believe they both know the sponsors of Boko Haram and they are meeting on trying to find a way to "settle" the sponsors with money, political appointments or access to Oil blocks.
This I believe. GEJ is just patronizing him. Why do we have SSS? Shouldn't GEJ be summoning them and quizzing the daylights out of them? Is the sultan responsible for his many followers gone astray (albeit guided by unseen hands)?

Is Nigeria a country, or just a clearing of land? mscheeew.
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Kinikini: 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2011
Shows the GEJ is still clueless. How will this meeting stop the bombing? Does FG want to send Sultan to pacify BH? Does d Sultan knows the real BH.

GEJ should demand performance from security chiefs or sack em all and replace with more competent people.
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by OkparaIgbo: 2:40pm On Dec 27, 2011
What is wrong with this man, shocked He should be calling a SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE.!!
Im Tired of living with Cows both the SMELLY ONES AND THE BRAINLESS ONES. undecided undecided. NDI-IGBO MUST AND I REPEAT MUST FACE THESE MENACE WITH ANGER OF BOTH THE PAST AND NOW THE PRESENT AND MAKE SURE WE HAVE ENOUGH ARMS AND FOOD AND GO HEAD ON AGAINST THESE ANIMALS, !!
MAY THE SOULS OF THE DECEASED REST IN PEACE AND ALSO SPEAK FOR US AND AGAINST THE FOOLS.
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by flybiggie: 2:40pm On Dec 27, 2011
If i were President Jonathan, i will neva open the gates of Aso Villa to welcome the Sultan for any dialogue, This people said they will make Nigeria ungovernable for you. No need biting me and blowing air on my wounds only to bite me again, GEJ the time to act is now, Obasanjo sent the army to level Odi wen dey proved stubborn, Yar adua sent de army to level niger delta, and dats wot made dem calm down, Goodluck is just watching,
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2011
when he goes ahead and gives order to d military to comb d north, nobody will hav any reason to criticise him since he called on northen rulers to call their kids to order and they refused! Thats d move and its a good one!
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2011
^^^
Is that an excuse!? Jeez!
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2011
No Comment lipsrsealed
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by LEXYLOV: 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2011
It's only in Nigeria of today this poo can happen. Where is the operation no compromise with the terrorism Obama sold to GEJ? am so sure even the least country in Africa will not take this lightly. Please Mr GEJ, if your chief of staffs don't know what to do to this poos called BH then you can tell them or give US Marines, Nato , or ISAF the job  
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by roots: 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2011
mr. President if you can handle the situation, it is better you resign. It is unfortunate I voted for you. Allow someone to take your office who can handle most of Nigerian problems. Former Angentine President and some European Presidents resigned their position.
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by efisher(m): 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2011
Sultan knows the people involved and has been protecting their interests. He is part of the problem.
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 27, 2011
This Sultan is a repulsive bas.t.a.r.d who should be deposed and thrown behind bars. Such a hideous piece of scum. I really don't know the right words with which to describe the i.d.i.ot.
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2011
Oh God, now I miss Abacha. Abacha would have slapped the sultan and use him as a scapegoat for others to learn and sit up. Abacha, may you rest in peace!
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Kinikini: 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2011
Quote from pro01
This Sultan is a repulsive bas.t.a.r.d who should be deposed and thrown behind bars. Such a hideous piece of scum. I really don't know the right words with which to describe the i.d.i.ot.

Poster, this is an abuse of your freedom to self expression. Na wa o.
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Kinikini: 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2011
LeoMax,

Not surprising you missed Abacha. You seem to have natural affinity to bad leaders. Goodluck
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2011
Kinikini:

Quote from pro01

Come on! Are you worshiping this primitive uncompromising header?
Re: GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? by agubata111: 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2011
There's a secret plan to turn nigeria into an islamic nation. D sultan is behind it. U can read d handwriting on d wall. Gani adams told nigerians to prepare 4 d worst. Genocide is coming!
Kinikini:

Quote from pro01

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emenike Called Nigeria A ZOO And Tearshis NIGERIA Passport / I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri / Inec To Conduct Runoff Election Between Pdp & Other Parties In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.