Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help (1439 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help by solesty(m): 11:40pm On Dec 27, 2011
Please, I am through on qbasic, but i need some projects to show if i have done well. I  have programmed a program to calculate scores,  pls, help and give me ideas on what to programme,  thanks and GOD BLESS.
Re: Help by kodewrita(m): 10:16am On Dec 28, 2011
All great qbasic programmers must prove themselves by coding either of the 2 great games : TETRIS or TICTACTOE(Noughts and crosses).

For something more realistic @ this stage:
Of course you can as well simply

1. write a program to calculate the current age of a user given his date of birth ( day, month, year of birth).

2. rewrite no 2. as a subroutine in a qbasic module and write a simple program that uses this module.

3. write a program to take a line written as: Monkey/Dog/Goat/Cow and return them one after the other as
a.Monkey
b.Dog
c.Goat
d.Cow

4. rewrite no 3. as a subroutine in a qbasic module and write a simple program that uses this module.

3. create a file with 10 lines of text (type it in notepad) and write a code to return the even numbered lines in the file.

4. return the odd numbered lines in the above file.

5. write a function that takes in a single number and returns a corresponding line from a file. e.g takes in 3 and returns the 3rd line from the file.

6. update the function in number 5 to return false if the number of lines in the file are less than the number given.

7. code a simple program that asks basic questions and stores the responses for each new user on a new line in a CSV file. that would go nicely with your previous program.
basic details needed could be: Name, dob, age(your code 1. above should help derive it from the dob) class/form/level, matric no/registration number.

(1) (Reply)

Javafx or Swing? / Active Github / Urgently Required: Programmer With Strong HTML, CSS And JAVA Background

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.