Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,089 members, 7,842,129 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? (11273 Views)

Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2011
The President clearly is responsible for whatever goes right or wrong in the country. But he can not resolve this problem smartly without the support of Muslim community.

The only other option is to drop bombs wherever are suspected to be Boko Haram hideouts but that has the obvious consequence of collateral damage.

So the Muslim community owe themselves and the country a responsibility to do more!!!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Pukkah: 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2011
mikeansy:

The President clearly is responsible for whatever goes right or wrong in the country. But he can not resolve this problem smartly without the support of Muslim community.

The only other option is to drop bombs wherever are suspected to be Boko Haram hideouts but that has the obvious consequence of collateral damage.

So the Muslim community owe themselves and the country a responsibility to do more!!!!

Apart from talking (which they have been doing - governors, associations, etc), what else are they expected to do? Don't forget that some of them were even coerced into tendering public apologies to Boko Haram embarassed shocked
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2011
Pukkah:

Apart from talking (which they have been doing - governors, associations, etc), what else are they expected to do? Don't forget that some of them were even coerced into tendering public apologies to Boko Haram embarassed shocked

ever heard of being police or SSS informants? those people come from local communities who remain vigilant and pass information to intelligence agencies

That is how Policing succeeds in other countries!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 28, 2011
GEJ is a pox on Nigeria. Please if he can't perform, the honorable thing to do is resign. I am fed up with seeing charred corpses on TV.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by VoodooDoll(m): 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2011
GEJ should not resign because of Boko Haram. I do not like GEJ's economic policy and most of his other policies but I do not want him to resign over security. GEJ resigning over security would be a disaster to Nigeria and set us back decades.

If GEJ resigns, who takes his place:

- Sambo?
- David Mark?
- Tambuwal?
- Fresh elections?

No, if some elements in Nigeria cannot stand a Niger Delta man being president then that's extremely pathetic. Boko Haram and the military elite are the only ones who benefit from a GeJ resignation and the correlation between GEJ's ascendancy and Boko Haram's attacks is quite strong.

Sambo, Mark and Tambuwal are even less qualified to "rule" Nigeria than GEJ is. Either of these chaps in charge would be much worse than GeJ.

GEJ, stand your ground - tackle Boko Haram and their sponsors ruthlessly. The floor is yours. If you must resign then announce a Sovereign National Conference and do your duty.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by worm(f): 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2011
VoodooDoll:

GEJ should not resign because of Boko Haram. I do not like GEJ's economic policy and most of his other policies but I do not want him to resign over security. GEJ resigning over security would be a disaster to Nigeria and set us back decades.

If GEJ resigns, who takes his place:

- Sambo?
- David Mark?
- Tambuwal?
- Fresh elections?

No, if some elements in Nigeria cannot stand a Niger Delta man being president then that's extremely pathetic. Boko Haram and the military elite are the only ones who benefit from a GeJ resignation and the correlation between GEJ's ascendancy and Boko Haram's attacks is quite strong.

Sambo, Mark and Tambuwal are even less qualified to "rule" Nigeria than GEJ is. Either of these chaps in charge would be much worse than GeJ.

GEJ, [b]stand your ground - tackle Boko Haram and their sponsors ruthlessly. The floor is yours. If you must resign then announce a Sovereign National Conference and do your duty.[/b]

No be until he developed a liver to do the bolded ^^

He is not a lion!! cheesy
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by VoodooDoll(m): 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2011
@ Worm

GEJ resigns, then what? Nigeria cannot afford a constitutional crisis. A GEJ resignation will lead to huge upheaval.

The SS may explode in righteous indignation and the SE may see a GEJ resignation as proof of marginalization.

Who takes over and in what capacity? Will the military sit and smile? Do we even know the ethnic composition of the military and the size of paramilitary groups?

Let's do things properly and use the constitutionally "selected" president to try and resolve this - at least until 2015.

GEJ was not my candidate in April but I fully understand why people supported him and why they still do. A GEJ that still relies on a delicate balance of power to rule is better than one who rides a wave of bloodshed and violence.

People are burying their dead; in our haste to stem the bloodshed let's not cut off the wrong limb.

After GEJ all the other people may not be acceptable to two zones, so we then have Boko Haram unresolved but we may see more paramilitary groups joining in and trying to outdo each other.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by dayokanu(m): 12:34am On Dec 29, 2011
OBJ was a Southern Christian and we did not have Boko Haram

Yar Adua was a Northern Moslem and we had Boko Haram

So the issue isnt about a Souther Xtian its about having a competent person in Aso Rock

GEJ Odechukwu retardeen has shown that he is very clueless when it comes to ruling

He cant even rule Bayelsa right

Get anyone, even get Patience but just remove Retardeen

150m people deserve better
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Beaf: 12:40am On Dec 29, 2011
Anybody asking GEJ to resign, just because he is from the ND, is a fool who doesn't know who feeds him.
Perhaps, GEJ should even respond to your call and come back home; then let us see what will follow.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by dayokanu(m): 12:47am On Dec 29, 2011
Beaf:

Anybody asking GEJ to resign, just because he is from the ND, is a fool who doesn't know who feeds him.
Perhaps, GEJ should even respond to your call and come back home; then let us see what will follow.

Typical retardd excuse

Who is asking him to resign because he is from ND? He should resign because he is incompetent simple

Many people wont mind a SS Pat Utomi, Donald Duke, Amaechi But Retarddeen is simply too clueless to rule

GEJ is the worst thing to come out of the SS. The same ND that produced Utomi, Itsay Sagay, Saro Wiwa etc

Where was Retardeen when God was distributing brains in the ND? How come Utomi are soo smart and Retarddeen is this dumb?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Beaf: 12:51am On Dec 29, 2011
^
Dude, your posts are always entertaining! Its like fecal matter actually voicing its "opinion" on NL!
Keep it up, I'm sure scientists will soon be curious as to how anyone so stup!d can manage to exist. LOLZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

More intelligent folk know that govt hierachy is:
GEJ
Sambo
Mark
Tambuwal

So whats the crap about Pat Utomi, Donald Duke, Amaechi, Sagay, Saro Wiwa etc? Are they in govt?
Dis kain foolishness de give me headache! angry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by dayokanu(m): 12:54am On Dec 29, 2011
^^^

dayokanu:

Egbon mi razist?

Shey you want Aboniki, Alabukun or After-5? This beating too much ooo

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by smallz001: 1:39am On Dec 29, 2011
GEJ resign? NEVER!!! that can never happen in nigeria, a president resigning.

As for everyone blaming northerners for nigerias bad situation, please remember in the past 11 years, a northerner ruled only 3 out of the 11 years yet look at how bad the country is. in fact nigeria is worse than it was 20yrs ago. so its clear that whether a leader is from the north, south, east or west we get the same bad result, in fact one turns out to be worse than the other.

All i know is that i will surely vote wisely next elections, will search and try to get as much information as i can about candidates before casting my vote, i urge we all do the same. i mean Jonathan as governor was ineffective, so if he couldn't handle just 2million people, how does anyone expect him to have the ability to handle approximately 170million people.

so far, my vote in 2015 is for fashola or Lamido (if they contest). and if u have better suggestions, please state them and tell me why, i need concrete proof.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by IbroSaunks(m): 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2011
GEJ isn't superman!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by olawalebabs(m): 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2011
Will he handover to the clueless Namadi or who?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by xterra2(m): 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2011
He and his vice Namadi Sambo should go
Both of them
But if they do mark becomes president :x

Nooooo, a new election should be called or GEJ should stay and hand over the boko haram issue to obasanjo with presidential powers given to obj, like ability to sack security chiefs
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by aurenflani: 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2011
@ ezeuche - isn't d handwritting on d wall clear enough for you to see? thing is u don't decide - d north actually decides! if for whatever reason jona happens not to be on dat sit, a northerner from kaduna state takes over irrespective of ur cry & wailing abd bad belle. and a yoruba instead of s/s or s/e takes d no. 2 sit.

now dat's wat u have to live with.

but on a more subtle note, we hope dis administration finds it's right footing and get direction to steer naija away from dis and other mess.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Afam4eva(m): 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2011
If GEJ resigns then his deputy must go with him.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by meine: 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
I didnt vote for him, but if he resigns he will be replaced by who?
At this point if what we fear is Nigerians going their seperate ways then it should be considered.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Soundmind(m): 2:44pm On Dec 29, 2011
No no no no.
He should not resign.
All he need is the political will to do his work.
He should wise up.
If care is not taken, he may be last Nigeria president.
Wise up Jonathan, wise up.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by tlops(m): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2011
Dreams! Nefa!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by gregg2: 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2011
GEJ remains the President and C-in-C of this country.
Whoever does not like it could migrate to Togo.

Some of you will die of hypertention on nairaland because of GEJ.
Rubbish!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by dvee2: 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2011
GEJ resign? NEVER!!! that can never happen in nigeria, a president resigning.

As for everyone blaming northerners for nigerias bad situation, please remember in the past 11 years, a northerner ruled only 3 out of the 11 years yet look at how bad the country is. in fact nigeria is worse than it was 20yrs ago. so its clear that whether a leader is from the north, south, east or west we get the same bad result, in fact one turns out to be worse than the other.

All i know is that i will surely vote wisely next elections, will search and try to get as much information as i can about candidates before casting my vote, i urge we all do the same. i mean Jonathan as governor was ineffective, so if he couldn't handle just 2million people, how does anyone expect him to have the ability to handle approximately 170million people.

so far, my vote in 2015 is for fashola or Lamido (if they contest). and if u have better suggestions, please state them and tell me why, i need concrete proof.

Good talk Above.  YES YES I am a Northerna and why should Goodluck resign? we have seen worse Government than this before in Nigeria. The truth is its not easy to Govern this country,we should all be discussing how to support him to succed. The threat of BOKO HARAM is even more detrmental to we the Northerners than southerners. Lets assisst the Government by fishing out the murderers,let educate our children who are being brain washed to carry out this hate crime.
And to all Nigerians as long as you continue to play the ethnicity/religious card,you can never reason objectively,therefore can never profer solution. Not all Northerners or muslims are BH, Just as not all Nija Deltans are millitants or support them.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by maasoap(m): 2:58pm On Dec 29, 2011
Is this all what South-South can give us after so many years of crying and weeping of marginalisation? His resignation cannot change things much. Only if he can try to act like a Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, though we know he is not a General.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Mavor: 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2011
After the bloody northerners have finished frustrating him, they want him to resign abi? No, I have a better idea. Let the country split into two. Trust me, if this guy resign, there will be big trouble in this fu<ked up country
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by DivineR: 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2011
I don’t really know why some people think through their nose, you forgot so soon the comments/threat  by  IBB and Buhari, let me remained you again, they said ‘ if Jonathan wins the election (April 2011 poll) that they will make this nation un-governorable for him’’.
My  dear that is what they are doing, they are using Boko Haram as an aid to distract him, they want power returned back to them, please lets be wise. You people should free this man, he is living in the midst of evil men.
Before you call for his resignation, let there be dance before you demand for the head of John the Baptist. (8 months is still small to measure his performance that will lead to his resignation) If you are in his position will you do better than him?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by queensmith: 3:09pm On Dec 29, 2011
Yes he should resign, this man just told us that he is useless and cannot help us. Those that can move country should and those remaining strike until that man removes himself from office. He is an incompetent slowpoke that needs to go and teach zoology in a school with his nuisance wife. I have no idea what inspired him to go into politics. I am more than sure pdp rigged the elections.
2ndly those defending obasanjo- negotiating with terrorists and imposing religous law in a secular state is no solution, he is as incompetent as the ones before and after him. He is no God, he didnt improve the security of the state. he just negotiated with terrorists. There were bombings in his time to those that have forgotten the works of mend.
I do very mush beleive theres close ties to this and the current arab spring. These weapons are coming from somewhere and somebody is sponsoring them. someone is gaining from the havoc in nigeria.
RIP to those that have lost thier lives- we all need to remain vigilant as Fashola mentioned. I believe people should start securing themselves rather than waiting on the gov.t to secure them, Nigeria is becoming more and more unbeleivable by the second!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Akwasi(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2011
Divine R.:

I don’t really know why some people think through their nose, you forgot so soon the comments/threat  by  IBB and Buhari, let me remained you again, they said ‘ if Jonathan wins the election (April 2011 poll) that they will make this nation un-governorable for him’’.
My  dear that is what they are doing, they are using Boko Haram as an aid to distract him, they want power returned back to them, please lets be wise. You people should free this man, he is living in the midst of evil men.
Before you call for his resignation, let there be dance before you demand for the head of John the Baptist. (8 months is still small to measure his performance that will lead to his resignation) If you are in his position will you do better than him?

You are right. Read this to know that this is all a game http://seeafrica..com/2011/12/freedom-of-religion-and-boko-haram-in_28.html
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Bomi(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2011
Yes we vote for Jonathan as a president of this nation and one of the lot that campaign vigorously for him believing that he is God’s hand work in-progress. Though in the course of the campaign some people belief he is not capable and intelligent enough to rule The country but think of this Nigeria does not necessarily need capability or an intelligent president but rather a sensitive and humble president which you have in Jonathan at this developmental stage of Nigeria. The case in question is the way and manner he handled the aftermath of President Yardua’ death.
The problem right now are with Jonathan's personal and national distractor which I classified into two groups
a) Those that feel that Jonathan is not fit, but it is their birthright to be there. Hence their solution is to make the country ungovernable for him.
b) Those that can not win popular election but are popular within their party using mafia style; instigating their governors and other elective national officers in their party to demand for thinkable and make unthinkable demand so that the president can run to them for advice.  Those are the one am afraid of and they should not under estimate, belief me.They can mobilize mobs which are very easy with available foot soldiers of unemployed youth and miscreants on the street, example are “Lekki Tool gate debacle” and they are already talking of Mubarak treatment, President Jonathan beware! Tackle issue of Oil subsidy with caution!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by AroOkigbo(m): 3:15pm On Dec 29, 2011
Never! Having won at the supreme court, I expect him to finally declare interest for 2015. If the north cannot cope then they should ask for secession and go roast with their BH brothers!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Akwasi(m): 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2011
Jonathan should be made to act as the President and not like the comfortable position of vice president that he enjoyed some time back. I like his personality but he needs to match that with some guts and stand up to some evil people that he very much know about.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by tunnytox(m): 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2011
@Bomi
What do you mean by a humble president? What do being humble has to do with governing a country? Jonathan and his PDP cohorts have nothing to offer Nigeria. If only we can have another election now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tears As Presidency Sealed Saraki’s Fate In 15 Minutes - Eyewitness' Report / The Resurgent Niger Delta Republic- Igbo Viewpoint / Presidency Unveil ‘aso Villa Demo Day’ Youth Enterprise Initiative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.