Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? (11269 Views)

Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2011
quid:

His [b]silence [/b]is fueling his orchestration.

The silence and smiling even though people are dying everyday?

Have you seen the ethnic compostion of those killed on Xmas day?

I hope you know its largely Southerners?

Yet he should maintain his slince and smile to keep the orchestration
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2011
dayokanu:

The silence and smiling even though people are dying everyday?

Have you seen the ethnic compostion of those killed on Xmas day?

I hope you know its largely Southerners?

Yet he should maintain his slince and smile to keep the orchestration
I am fully aware of all these. Has is struck you that our security agencies (the very ones that are supposed to obey the orders of the Commander-in-chief GEJ) are full of Muslims and  BH sympathizers?

The situation is quite complicated I tell you. We more tact, painful as it is.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2011
The nothern masterminds of this BOKO Haram menace should understand that what goes round comes around. Nigeria would have been history if other ethnic nationalities were using terrorism to push their greviances. One day it will become the turn of another northerner to rule Nigeria, and I hope at that time BOKO Haram will relax and expect their brother to rule in peace.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by dayokanu(m): 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2011
jomonic:

The nothern masterminds of this BOKO Haram menace should understand that what goes round comes around. Nigeria would have been history [size=18pt]if other ethnic nationalities were using terrorism to push their greviances[/size]. One day it will become the turn of another northerner to rule Nigeria, and I hope at that time BOKO Haram will relax and expect their brother to rule in peace.

have you heard of the word MEND before?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2011
dayokanu:

have you heard of the word MEND before?
The wisest thing for MEND to do is unite fronts with the SE. The North has benefited immensely from the irreconcilable differences btw the SS and the SE.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by maclatunji: 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2011
jomonic:

The nothern masterminds of this BOKO Haram menace should understand that what goes round comes around. Nigeria would have been history if other ethnic nationalities were using terrorism to push their greviances. One day it will become the turn of another northerner to rule Nigeria, and I hope at that time BOKO Haram will relax and expect their brother to rule in peace.  

You people with this your ethnicity are so blind, Boko Haram's Menace started under Yar'adua. According to you 'their brother', were they trying to remove him from power then?

Boko Haram are ready to kill anybody that stands in their way. It is not a southerner or northerner issue (God knows I am beginning to hate the 2 words). It is about their ideology against everybody else's.

The issues we have to address today, have to do with Decent Vs. Evil People and Competent Vs. Incompetent Leadership. I am telling you that a Donald Duke for example would have tackled Boko Haram more effectively than our current leader. It is not about his tribe, it is about his ability to lead!

I am sick with all of this 'allow our brother to rule' rubbish. What happens  if you place 'your brother' in position of power and authority and he refuses to rule? Must the country burn to ashes because of that?

Every leader has to deal with traitors and saboteurs. If 'your brother' cannot handle them, let him get-out of there and go back to his village. Some other person will crush those 'that don't want him to rule' and let the rest of us have peace.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Onlytruth(m): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2011
GEJ must continue in office until the North agrees to a Sovereign National Conference.
I don't care how long that takes. cool
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2011
Onlytruth:

GEJ must continue in office until the North agrees to a Sovereign National Conference.
Correct man. This is not kangaroo democracy that can be modified on a whim.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by dayokanu(m): 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2011
Onlytruth:

Has GEJ initiated calls for a SNC which the North rejected?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Onlytruth(m): 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Has GEJ initiated calls for a SNC which the North rejected?

Why call for what he knows would be rejected?
The North will call for it, with time. cool
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
[size=18pt]President Goodluck Jonathan has rejected calls for the convocation of a Sovereign National Conference[/size].

This is contrary to the calls by some groups and individuals that an SNC will give ethnic nationalities the opportunity to choose how to relate or associate with one another.

Jonathan, who spoke at the Dialogue with the President at the 16th Nigerian Economic Summit in Abuja on Tuesday, said the nation had gone beyond the call for the SNC and should be concerned about how to build a prosperous country.

The President also blamed kidnapping on government’s failure to address the problem when it was evolving.

He also stated that corruption was prevalent in the private sector as it had been in the public sector, adding that what should be done to check the menace was to strengthen law enforcement agencies.

According to the President, the constitution has already prescribed how the fundamental law can be changed; adding that any attempt to change the law by any other method would be an illegality.

The President said, “We have the 1999 Constitution which clearly prescribes how the constitution can be changed. We have the National Assembly that makes laws for the nation.

“Sometimes we get carried away by some jargons. It is not the number of conferences that we hold that can solve our problems. The countries that we cite as examples in development, it is not conference that solved their problems.

“We have gone beyond asking how ethnic groups can live together. We will not allow history to hold us down. It was in 1914 that the Southern and Northern Protectorates were amalgamated. In four years now, we shall be celebrating 100 years of our existence as a nation. So we have gone beyond the agitation for Sovereign National Conference.”

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-535469.0.html

Now put another spin to it or tell another lie to cover up for GEJ who rejected calls for SNC himself
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by 1025: 9:45pm On Dec 29, 2011

@jomonic,
this is a very cheap talk. as a southerner or easterner, what are you benefiting from the leadership of jonathan? the truth of the matter is boko haram is as confused as jonathan.
have you ever stopped for once to ask yourself, how jonathan can to power? what are those qualities that made him more qualified than other contestants? was he not the gov before sylva in bayelsa? what are those things he can point to as his achievements in the state? how can we fold our arms and watch one old idiot to manipulate a country of over 200 million ppl? what happens to our rights to vote and be voted for? why would obasanjo as a yorubaman rule nigeria for 8 years and even asked for more yet an hausa man can't rule for 8 years?  the easiest and best way to obtain peace is through justice. you don't beat a child and stop him from crying.
pdp is the reason behind all these bombings here and there. they are boko haram. if pdp is not boko haram, why are they killing only innocent nigerians. if boko haram is not made in pdp, why did they give jail to Ndume? if boko haram is not pdp, 90% will support them to see that we bring down this pdp.
my Bible says, from the days of john the baptist, the kingdom of God suffereth violence and only the violent taketh it by force.
i am praying for that day we will have a rebel group that is independent of pdp for us to join to make sure we kill all these criminal rulers and their family members for nigeria to move forward.
why is jonathan keeping a blind eye and deaf ear on corruption?
don't forget, i am from imo state and if you check out my posts from the day one, i have been saying it that jonathan has no business whatsoever in aso rock but many of us here out of sentiments voted and supported him.
from the day he declared his interest, how man lives have we lost?
if yoruba ruled for 8 years, let the hausa and the igbos who are the major tribes also rule for 8 years each and from there the minor tribes will rule one after the other.
no single individual has the right to select and impose ppl on us.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Onlytruth(m): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Now put another spin to it or tell another lie to cover up for GEJ who rejected calls for SNC himself

I don't know when some of you would understand that the NORTH won the civil war and is determined to maintain whatever it won.
Can you show me where AREWA called for that conference?

I would say it again, the NORTH will call for the conference BEFORE Jonathan takes note of such call and support it.

Now, next time you boast of your uncle and "his exploits" during the war, bear this bold fact in mind. lol
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2011
Anytime a Southerner is  president, the North will be in favor of SNC. Such bullcrap . . . angry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by dayokanu(m): 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2011
Onlytruth:

I don't know when some of you would understand that the NORTH won the civil war and is determined to maintain whatever it won.
Can you show me where AREWA called for that conference?

I would say it again, the NORTH will call for the conference BEFORE Jonathan takes note of such call and support it.

Now, next time you boast of your uncle and "his exploits" during the war, bear this bold fact in mind. lol

quid:

Anytime a Southerner is president, the North will be in favor of SNC. Such bullcrap . . . angry

Now that we have seen evidence that Jonathan is actually one of those opposed to a national conference. Now tell what orchestration is he doing with the lives of Nigerians?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Now that we have seen evidence that Jonathan is actually one of those opposed to a national conference. Now tell what orchestration is he doing with the lives of Nigerians?
I am sure he rejected a SNC designed to empower the Northern mediocres.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by kettykin: 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2011
Nigerians and their Duplicity , little wonder the country has not made much develoment. The generation of Vipers want goodluck to resign now, The same people who vaunted Operation Totality their fathers asked Gowon to go on with one Nigeria but there decendants want GEJ to resign.
May be GEJ needs to offer some people or a person the post of vice president and commissioner for finance so the the can blow with the other side of their mouth.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by dayokanu(m): 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2011
quid:

I am sure he rejected a SNC designed to empower the Northern mediocres.

Bros You told us Jonathan is waiting for Snc, Now we have seen that Jonathan is actually one of the opponent of the SNC

Now you are saying ge chose to reject it because of some ridiculous made up excuses of yours
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by sheyguy: 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2011
Back then was a diff ball game.
An active enemy is diff from a passive one . . . I expect u to know.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by anorue401: 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2011
angry angryNO HE CANT RESIGN COS WEN BUHARI OR ATIKU ASSUMES OFFICE D BOKO HARAMS BOMBINGS WILL DEN STOP! GEJ SHUD GO FOR SECOND TENURE! JOR
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by dayokanu(m): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2011
sheyguy:

Back then was a diff ball game.
An active enemy is diff from a passive one . . . I expect u to know.

What was diff then from now?? Mind you he made that statement few days after MEND bombed and killed innocent people on independence day
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by sheyguy: 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2011
dayokanu:

What was diff then from now?? Mind you he made that statement few days after MEND bombed and killed innocent people on independence day
wasn't replying ur comment . . . . .twas the one b4 urs . . . Kettykin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:13am On Dec 30, 2011
GEJ can never resign angry angry angry
oh that's northerners plan , it cannot happen again angry angry angry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by publisher(m): 4:06am On Dec 30, 2011
GEJ na mumu; he became Vice president.
GEJ is a cluess coward; he was made acting president.
GEJ no get liver; he was sworn in as substantive president after UMYA's death.
GEJ na odechukwu retardeen; he declared,contested and won the presidency in April. Pushing aside IBB,Atiku and Buhari.

For una front GEJ will declare for presidency in 2015 and still win.

Resign ko,will GEJ use his yansh to safeguard all the hundreds of thousands of churches and mosques in Nigeria?
Abi is it not Yaradua's government that captured and murdered the original leader of Boko Haram in cold blood? Thereby causing the group to go haywire?

If una no wan cooperate with this govt to join hands and fight terrorism,may una stay here dey post trash on nairaland o.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by maclatunji: 6:55am On Dec 30, 2011
Cooperate with him in carrying the burden of terror, abi? I will pass on the offer.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by Basics007: 7:06am On Dec 30, 2011
The other time a thread similar to this came up some months ago i was vehemently opposed to his resignation.
This time around i'm not sure
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by leeman720: 7:34am On Dec 30, 2011
GEJ is a confuse man,so confused.I'm not surprise about his dullness,and incompitent.And I'm not feeling gulity of, "Why did I voted for him",cos I saw it coming and I denied him(GEJ) my vote.But,resignation uuummm!,this guy(GEJ) never realise dat his government is failing woefully.God bless us all,God bless Nigeria.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by onyekabe(m): 7:40am On Dec 30, 2011
If gej resigns then sam bo
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by onyekabe(m): 7:44am On Dec 30, 2011
If gej resigns then sambo take over which is what this the north want
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by nagoma(m): 8:16am On Dec 30, 2011
The way Nigerians feel these days, Sambo doesn't have to take over at all , for the sake of peace and country. The south who have always bragged and boasted  about their high level of education , civilization and better know how etc etc, have actally been wicked by presenting to us a siddon look clueless president. They should be given the chance to provide a substitute out of all the sagacious people they are hiding; Sambo can still continue as VP. The substitute can, in fact , be from the SS - if they have any person better than GEJ.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by wascom2: 8:51am On Dec 30, 2011
GEJ insistence to hold on to power, which has hitherto brought us nothing but cost more damage to properties and increase casualties of uprising and terrorism would latter come to an halt sooner or latter. I presume GEJ will end up like gadafi.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign? by gregg2: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2011
publisher:

GEJ na mumu; he became Vice president.
GEJ is a cluess coward; he was made acting president.
GEJ no get liver; he was sworn in as substantive president after UMYA's death.
GEJ na odechukwu retardeen; he declared,contested and won the presidency in April. Pushing aside IBB,Atiku and Buhari.

For una front GEJ will declare for presidency in 2015 and still win.

Resign ko,will GEJ use his yansh to safeguard all the hundreds of thousands of churches and mosques in Nigeria?
Abi is it not Yaradua's government that captured and murdered the original leader of Boko Haram in cold blood? Thereby causing the group to go haywire?

If una no wan cooperate with this govt to join hands and fight terrorism,may una stay here dey post trash on nairaland o.

My brother, the only vocabularies "Dayokanu" learnt in the university (if he is a graduate) are "Retardeed" and "Clueless". Some people on this nairaland actually need to wake up from their slumber.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Remodeled Lagos Airport Terminal Finished, To Be Commissioned / Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners / Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.