Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,457 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:43 PM

Would You Date A Single Parent? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Date A Single Parent? (3665 Views)

Lies Single Parent Wouldn't Let You To Know / What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? / What Will Make A Single Lady Date A Married Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date A Single Parent? by Anoushka(f): 1:50pm On Mar 14, 2006
Men: would you date a girl that already has a child? And she is still young and attractive - under 25? By this i mean there is no future between her and the father of the child?

And girls, vice versa.

- Would You Marry A Single Parent? -
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by tejuoso1(f): 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2006
i'm not a boy. i'm replying because i'm 19 and i have a baby, still boys want me, they know it and they tell me they would marry me regardless of my son so i think it's cool. go ahead
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by Rolly: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2006
No.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by nawah(f): 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2006
When i met my husband I already had three kids. I tell you when a woman has a kid already,she really wants the next relationship to work out. When youare nice to the kids that softens her heart so much.
One of the reasons i love and respect my husband above any person on earth is because of the way he treats all the kids fairly and shows them the same kid of love and treatment.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by skywalker(m): 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2006
Why not! As long as she will allow me to love her child the same way I'll love mine. No problem
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by dablessed(f): 5:24pm On Mar 14, 2006
I am a single parent and a widow and i can say that dating someone who already has a child comes with a lot of maturity. Some pple just cannot handle it while it is perceived as "no big deal" by others.

My advice: Dont dabble into it if you really cant handle it.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by flower(f): 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2006
Dablessed, I agree wholeheartedly with you.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by banke(f): 7:59pm On Mar 14, 2006
i don't think its a bad idea! but if the man is reasonable you can go ahead.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by freddie1(m): 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2006
if her child  or children will not affect her and the way she sees our relationship psychologically, why not?
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by ono(m): 8:28pm On Mar 14, 2006
Surely I will. But I'll do a lot of homework on the lady in question, before dabbling into a relationship with her. And I'll surely love her and her children alike.

But one thing though: The lady must be a real single parent, she must be a widow. And I must find her really attractive at her age.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by Badman888(m): 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2006
Yah, but you hav to study her closely and stuff but they might be problems with your own family members,
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by IAH(f): 9:33pm On Mar 14, 2006
I once asked this kind of question on this forum because one of my 'husbands' in Nigeria is a single parent. I do like him though, but that child part is a big No-No. I want to be the one to give my husband his first child. The sort of happiness he'll feel if he's had a child previously will not be as much as if that's the first time he'll be a father.
If you don't mind, you can go for it though. undecided
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by nawah(f): 10:32pm On Mar 14, 2006
Well I wonder about that because I have 8 kids and the happiness was everytime the same. Every child i domething specuial and a gift from God.
I appreciate it so much more when I see my husband doing something fot the kids that he is not the biological father.
And I tell you my children see him as their father in every way,
It way not easy at first but I gave him a free hand with the kids and allowed him to disipline them. When his own kids where born he started to realise that kids can misbehave too.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by ono(m): 9:02am On Mar 15, 2006
@IAH, you were married to several men in Nigeria, in the past??

Gosh!! dablessed, you're a bomb waiting to explode. You're so so so pretty.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by venice(f): 11:03am On Mar 15, 2006
Well i guess there is nothing wrong in dating a single parent.

i myself am a single mother of one(1) only, am Independent and don't depend on any man, nor does the father of my child support my child, but i fought the battles on my own, and i believe that aslong as i'm independent, and i meet somebody who can love and respect me and my lovely daughter, i think the relationship will work out.

Aslong as the single parent is responsible, caring, loving etc.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by Rosby(m): 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2006
I am a lady and a single parent. A mature mind will see nothing wrong in it. The main question any mature mind would ask is 'do I really like and love him/her?', if the answer is 'yes' then the issue of 'child or children' will never be an obstruction. Why? if you may ask! Because love is unconditional, thus if you love him/her it means you love all around and in him/her. Accepting the child/children will even be a thing of joy to you.

It is only an immature mind that sees it as taboo - but it is funny! Dating and marraige is all about where you can find 'love (peace and happiness)' - your missing rib or the rib you were made from. So when you find it don't ever let it go because of reasons such as 'he/she already  has a child/children'. If you are able to find love with a child/children, is an added value to your life.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by ono(m): 12:35pm On Mar 15, 2006
So, Rosby, what happened to your daughter's dad?
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by blacknight(m): 12:46pm On Mar 15, 2006
one wetin be you own sef, leave my darling Ruth alone oooooooooo.RUth my darling i'm here for you jore
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by ono(m): 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2006
But blacknight, which one be your own too? This is Rosby's first posting and you're already on fire for the lady.
Na una type dey carry beat women for house so. Make you take time o. Me I don marry, express don leave you behind. You think say na play play we come do for here. Carry ya playboy pattern go Romance section o o!!

So, abeg Rosby, what happened to your husband jare?
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by Rosby(m): 12:56pm On Mar 15, 2006
Ono,

Just as I  have said before, finding your missing rib/the rib you were made from is a highly priced thing that should not be forfeited for reasons such as child/children, because finding it is not easy.

Although, the question you asked is a very personal one but I will give you an answer. I found no love (peace and happiness) so i retrieved.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by ono(m): 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2006
Rosby:

Ono,
Although, the question you asked is a very personal one but I will give you an answer. I found no love (peace and happiness) so i retrieved.

E be like say you be Isoko/Igbo lady. Welcome to Nairaland. But, erm, wetin be retrieved, na divorce?? abeg that one na Queens English o. You fit break am down for me.

Don't mind my pidgin o. Na Warri make me be like that.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by Rosby(m): 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2006
Well, Ono? I can't go further than this. Am very sorry. This na public zone
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by ono(m): 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2006
You've got YIM? If yes, then lets chat, privately. I will tell you a lot of things about myself too.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by Rosby(m): 2:05pm On Mar 15, 2006
Yes, I have got and you. And how can we exchange.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by ono(m): 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2006
If u're online, then you can reach me now on onosj5@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by kimba(m): 5:12pm On Mar 15, 2006
@rosby, @ono

abeg, by the time the two of you finish on messenger or wherever, make u give us a short conclusion about the matter.
grin cheesy tongue
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by kimba(m): 5:13pm On Mar 15, 2006
@rosby, @ono

abeg, by the time the two of you finish on messenger or wherever, make u give us a short conclusion about the matter.
grin cheesy tongue
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by IAH(f): 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2006
ono:

@IAH, you were married to several men in Nigeria, in the past??

Com'on Ono!! you know what I mean.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by Africaman: 11:48pm On Mar 15, 2006
no.
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by hazeleyes(f): 12:14am On Mar 16, 2006
Anoushka,

I feel with you, am a single parent myself and i no what you are on about.

but i must say there are few good ones out there who would welcome you withall your bags and all

one thing i say is that whatever God has destined would not pass you by

are you a single parent ?

if you are lets talk bout the issues of raising a child in london on your own

Holla wink
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by ability(m): 12:18am On Mar 16, 2006
Well i will like to know ur mind in regard to seeking single parent.
Are you in love with any one at the moment. or what do u really want are u a male or female let me know am interested
Re: Would You Date A Single Parent? by dablessed(f): 2:07am On Mar 16, 2006
@ Ono: "But one thing though: The lady must be a real single parent, she must be a widow. And I must find her really attractive at her age."[/b]

Ono, i really didnt know that there were categories of single parents. So in your opinion, a real single parent is someone whose spouse is deceased? Oh i see

@ Ono: Gosh!! dablessed, you're a bomb waiting to explode. You're so so so pretty[i][/i]

Thanks Ono, i am almost blushing here! How are you finding married life? Regards to lady Ono.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must read: Unintentionally, My Mother Is Killing Us, Pls Help / It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night / Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.