Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past (1152 Views)

The Scary Thing A Couple Received As Wedding Gift (photo) / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Roland17(m): 3:47am On Dec 29, 2011
Its a season of giving and receiving, a season when we give and receive gifts from friends, family, loved ones and Ex's, as much as we are tempted to believe all gifts are good and acceptable, its impossible to deny that some gift are undesirable and makes u sad and unhappy and might torment u for a very long time angry angry , while some becomes wishes that have come to pass and makes you glad and excited for a very long time smiley grin grin ,

I received lots of wonderful gifts this season, especially from special friends and family, but one gift makes me wish the giver never bothered, it was a pair of undersized Multi-colored winter socks with the horn of an elf, funny enough, while i was forcing my feet into it, i fell and almost broke my arm, that got me scared and when my old aunt called to inquire if i received the gift, i smiled over the phone and told her i loved the gift, i just hope she does not try that stunt next xmas,

So what was the worst gift you received/gave to someone this season, lets share and have fun wink wink,
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by nuffindome(f): 5:57am On Dec 29, 2011
Worst gift given: Condoms, to my ex, cos he used to travel to 9ja a lot especially during Xmas , so I'm always like, I know what u are capable of doing when u go home, take this and be a good man for me, and he never returned back with any of the condoms I gave him,, the relationship had to end somehow,, infidelity was too much,,,,.
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by iice(f): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2011
No bad gifts.
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Kslib(m): 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2011
my frnd was given Sack letter on christmas day!
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Kslib(m): 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2011
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Roland17(m): 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2011
nuffindome:

Worst gift given: Condoms, to my ex, cos he used to travel to 9ja a lot especially during Xmas , so I'm always like, I know what u are capable of doing when u go home, take this and be a good man for me, and he never returned back with any of the condoms I gave him,, the relationship had to end somehow,, infidelity was too much,,,,.

Loooool, i think condoms were good gifts to a randy ex, cos u protected your self,

Kslib:

Could there be a gift worse than a sack letter on xmas day, that your friend's boos is very cruel,
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Roland17(m): 4:02pm On Dec 29, 2011
iice:

No bad gifts.

Because am pragmatic and a realist, i refuse to believe that.
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by iice(f): 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2011
You can believe what you want to.

I don talk my own and moved on to cheesecake.
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by Roland17(m): 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2011
^^^am sorry if i sounded uncourteous there,
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by N101: 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2011
@ Roland17

I tend to agree with iice - there are no bad gifts as such. That would be to presume the giver had bad intentions, when most gift givers don't do it to be mean.

I've received perfumey bath things which I can't use (allergic reaction), but it never occurred to me that it was a bad gift. Someone else gave me some white lace - I don't do white. I didn't expect the gift anyway, but it was a nice gesture from the giver.

So bad gifts? Not really. But that is just my opinion - to me it's the thought that counts. So even if I never use that lace, it will always have sentimental value because of who gave it to me.
Re: The Worst Gift You Received Or Gave This Season Or In The Past by iice(f): 3:33am On Dec 30, 2011
Roland17:

^^^am sorry if i sounded uncourteous there,

No apologies necessary.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Keep Your Sons Safe In A Racist Country? / What's Your Advice To Me? / Wife/husband, Learn To Love One Another.. Learn To Appreciate Wht U Have.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.