Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,238 members, 7,860,528 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:08 PM

Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? (8540 Views)

South East Leaders & Stakeholders' Meeting: Live Update (pics) / I Want To Unite South East Leaders With Buhari – Okorocha / South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by manny4life(m): 6:39am On Dec 30, 2011
Onlytruth:

If we don't get a SOLID INTERNATIONAL support, we mustn't ever go to war. Simple.
That lesson is very clear from the last civil war; infact in my own book, that was the ONLY reason Biafra failed.
Our local production can never be enough to win a fast war. While we were busy researching and developing, Aboki and their allies were busy gaining grounds at the battle field.
One account almost brought tears to my eyes; the Biafran army had a Nigerian army battalion under Col Etuk surrounded in Owerri. For a long time, the Biafrans couldn't finish them off because they lacked the HEAVY WEAPONS to do so: tanks and armed personnel carriers, aircrafts, long range artillery pieces, missiles. The Nigerians escaped, though badly bruised. They later came back to recapture Owerri again.
Riffles, and guns can't win wars. Heavy weapons do.
Ndigbo MUST NEVER attempt another war without ensuring a limitless supply of those weapons. QED.

I totally 100% agree with what you have written, nevertheless, the skeptical mind often reason differently.

That's the point I wanted to get, what if your allies back out suddenly, in the midst of the war, then what? Leave the war front or give in to your opponents? I'm no way advocating local weapons to be used for war, I totally agree with the super weapons et al, as a matter of fact, I'm all for it and YES I endorse it, however, what I'm saying  it never hurts to refine your local weapons up to par because you may NEVER know when u need them. So many Arab nations have refined basic materials into something deadly (you get the drift, I can't talk much details), but riffles and guns are definitely NOT what I'm talking about.

While some I totally agree with the bold portion, but I guess my whole point is, I mean not to be a pessimist, but I like to weight in "what if", your reliance of weapons is reduced or limited WHILE in the war, what happens? IMO, there are TONS of questions that needs answers and FULL RESOLVE before plunging into it.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by ak47mann(m): 6:41am On Dec 30, 2011
dayokanu:

Given the info on this thread, Do you still think silence is the best tactic?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-835133.0.html
And what are you trying to instigate ponk?
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by ak47mann(m): 6:44am On Dec 30, 2011
Israeli is with us 24/7, when the right time come,they will assist cool
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Onlytruth(m): 7:14am On Dec 30, 2011
ak47mann:

Israeli is with us 24/7, when the right time come,they will assist cool

I frankly hope and pray that we can get them to support us if a war comes.
We would need them badly.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Onlytruth(m): 7:15am On Dec 30, 2011
@manny

I understand you more now. You are taking sense bro.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Obiagu1(m): 7:23am On Dec 30, 2011
manny4life:

I totally 100% agree with what you have written, nevertheless, the skeptical mind often reason differently.

That's the point I wanted to get, what if your allies back out suddenly, in the midst of the war, then what? Leave the war front or give in to your opponents? I'm no way advocating local weapons to be used for war, I totally agree with the super weapons et al, as a matter of fact, I'm all for it and YES I endorse it, however, what I'm saying  it never hurts to refine your local weapons up to par because you may NEVER know when u need them. So many Arab nations have refined basic materials into something deadly (you get the drift, I can't talk much details), but riffles and guns are definitely NOT what I'm talking about.

While some I totally agree with the bold portion, but I guess my whole point is, I mean not to be a pessimist, but I like to weight in "what if", your reliance of weapons is reduced or limited WHILE in the war, what happens? IMO, there are TONS of questions that needs answers and FULL RESOLVE before plunging into it.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by xtianh(m): 8:44am On Dec 30, 2011
It is better to be quiet and think of ppropriate action to take than to b bragging around talking rubish n protesting around with cutlass and hunters gun in lagos while boko haram are killing people with suicide bombs in the north.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by kettykin: 9:32am On Dec 30, 2011
@ posters what do you think will be the fate of enemies of igbos, if Igbos are Nuclear capable , i mean if one of these top notch igbo Nuclear scientist or even Massob has the know how and capabilty to produce a Nuke, first i think no body would ever contemplate the Madalla tragedy any where and the rating of igbos world wide as nuclear capable nation would have prevented stuff like cameroun venturing into Bakassi e.t.c This is where isreal has found itself today, if Isreal rather than revenge attacks from its neighbours depended on God to do the revenge , Isreal would have been worse off than igbos today

from the way events in Afghanistan and irag has progressed i think Bokoharam means business irrespective of whateverthe FG has said.

Since the FG cannot guarrantee the security of life and property then people would have to resort to self help
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by omniexprex: 11:20am On Dec 30, 2011
@dayokanu , I use to think that silence is confirmed to be the best answer to a fool. Why not f-out here
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 30, 2011
Very thought provoking article.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 30, 2011
My advise- NEVER go to a gun fight with a knife.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by mamasani: 11:50am On Dec 30, 2011
Instead of us all to work out a solution to the boko haram problem, some of you are advocating the relocation of igbos to the south. Do you think that the south will not accomodate you all? The sum total of igbos in the whole north is more than the the total number of igbos living in igboland. Where will they all live, when they all relocate to igboland? Be realistic. Do you think the igbos in the north enjoy being targets all the time there is any riot? They have no option but to remain in the north!!!
Discuss with their leaders in the the north and find out the real situation before you make unnecessary calls for them to leave.
The important question is, WHAT DO WE DO TO SOLVE BOKO HARAM?
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by slam7000(m): 11:58am On Dec 30, 2011
while u guys are thinking of nuke and ammo research,dont forget to apply same to food.shortage of ammo wasnt the only reason biafra lost the war, food shortage or lack of it,kwashiorkor and other forms of malnutrition contributed, a hungry man is not only an angry man,hes frustrated and demoralised as well especially when he trains with stick,fights with local gun with short supply of ammo,especially bullets that dont fit his rusty weapon,and whatever u guys do,,let ur actions not be reactionary.u dont go into war without plans,tactics and strategy, u can borroe a leaf from the boxer who lets prefight antics of his opponent get under his skin.u dont fight out of anger, by the way those talking about isreal should remember that iran will be there to help the other side,from what i learnt iran has played a major part in the present carnage that we have witnessed so far.container load of weapons,not to talk of the plane that was impounded by immigration and nigerian customs were traced to iran and till date the owners and importers of those were never arrested.the current issue is an ill wind that will blow nobody any good,hausa/fulani and the igbos might not be the ones to suffer the heaviest,war is NEVER good, Nigeria as a whole will suffer HEAVILY.ABUJA AND LAGOS WILL SUFFER, PERSONEL AND INFRASTRUCTURE, NOT TO TALK OF IBADAN,ENUGU AND PORTHARCOURT,
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by EzeUche(m): 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2011
mamasani:

Instead of us all to work out a solution to the boko haram problem, some of you are advocating the relocation of igbos to the south. Do you think that the south will not accomodate you all? The sum total of igbos in the whole north is more than the the total number of igbos living in igboland. Where will they all live, when they all relocate to igboland? Be realistic. Do you think the igbos in the north enjoy being targets all the time there is any riot? They have no option but to remain in the north!!!
Discuss with their leaders in the the north and find out the real situation before you make unnecessary calls for them to leave.

Disgusting post!

Are you saying the Igbo ancestral homeland cannot handle more Igbos?

If you are an Igbo living in the North, we in the South-east in other regions in the south will not mourn your death, because I am starting to believe Igbos who live in the north are IDIOTTS who do not value their lives.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by JimmyBoy1: 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2011
Well, I have to first appreciate Igbo youths for their restraint over madally bombings, if they have responded the way they responded to Kano killings over a cartoon drawn by someone in faraway denmark, then the whole country will be smouldering by now. This is commendable but no sane person expects people to exercise retraints indefinetily while some evil men just blast them into pieces.

However, I think the elders should start "rattling their sabres", as their  is aying that the best way to have peace is to prepare for war.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by sniperwolf(m): 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2011
There is no unity in the South-East, so I don't expect them to come out with any meaningful solution. Abia State Governor is sacking non.Abian
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by sheyguy: 12:04pm On Dec 30, 2011
So u guys av no real plan for battle all this while, u ought to av done these planning the moment they struck those ibo traders in Kaduna . . . .by now i expect more to be happening than these words we r seeing in the pages of Nl. . . . . U guys actively mocked other ethnic grps in previous bomblasts.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by sniperwolf(m): 12:04pm On Dec 30, 2011
There is no unity in the South-East, so I don't expect them to come out with any meaningful solution. Abia State Governor is sacking non.Abian
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by EzeUche(m): 12:05pm On Dec 30, 2011
Jimmy Boy:

Well, I have to first appreciate Igbo youths for their restraint over madally bombings, if they have responded the way they responded to Kano killings over a cartoon drawn by someone in faraway denmark, then the whole country will be smouldering by now. This is commendable but no sane person expects people to exercise retraints indefinetily while some evil men just blast them into pieces.

However, I think the elders should start "rattling their sabres", as their  is aying that the best way to have peace is to prepare for war.

This restraint is a sign of weakness.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by member479760: 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2011
They can declare second Biafra war, it's their right to do so.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by slam7000(m): 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2011
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram?
« #33 on: Today at 06:41:09 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: dayokanu on Today at 06:18:41 AM
Given the info on this thread, Do you still think silence is the best tactic?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-835133.0.html

And what are you trying to instigate ponk?

@ak47mann,sometimes if u dont agree with somebody,argue it out with him or simply ignore him, it doesnt do u any good swearing and using abusive words against anybody, that can get u in trouble in actual fight.keep ur head head cool man.dayokanu hasnt said anything or directed any insulted personally to u.every blood wasted in Nigeria will be paid for but u dont achieve result letting some trivial things get to u.u,ll be the loser if u do.if u r fighting a man who is ready to die,u need to be extremely careful.boko haram doesnt just bark,they bite as well and with serious canine.if u dont disarm and break his claws and canine,u,ll never beat him.he lives to fight,forget this stuff about 72 virgins,another war in Nigeria will not only be very bloody,it,ll be total annihilation of nigeria,its either u get ur massive pound of flesh and deal them a blow that,ll last till eternity or they hausa/fulani will wipe u out.Another civil war in nigeria will make Rwandan, hutu/tutsi war look like a childs play.u dont go to war or even engage in any conflict if u havent got ur acts right.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by rhymz(m): 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2011
mamasani:

seriously, you have a defeatist mentality, I want to believe you flawed views and junk statistics are not representative of the larger igbo population in the north.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Niseamaka(m): 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2011
mamasani:

Solving Boko Haram is the last item on my agenda. The relocation of ndigbo to the east and their safety and security is of utmost importance to me.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Sonofpeace(m): 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2011
Seriously, we Igbos need to take a chill pill and stop all chest beating we're doing at the moment because it won't make boko haram or the hausa/fulani to be afraid of us.
What we need to be doing is to be proactive in action as our fathers have being.  cry
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by guonno: 12:44pm On Dec 30, 2011
THEY SAY; "BEING BRAVE IS BEING STUPID" AN IGBO MAN IS BRAVE BUT NOT STUPID (NAIRALANDERS, ASK UR FATHER, THEY WILL CONFIRM THIS) ANOTHER BRAVE ETHNIC GROUP IS THE FULANIS(NOT EVEN THE HAUSAS) BUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FULANIS AND IGBOS IS THAT FULANIS ARE STUPID, WHEN U ASK 50 FULANIS TO GO TO WAR, WITHOUT ASKING ANY QUESTION, THEY WILL BE AT WAR. BUT AN IGBO WOULD GET INTO WAR FOR A JUSTIFIED REASON. NOW TO MY MAIN POINT WHICH ANSWERS THE QUESTION WHY THE SILENCE FROM IGBO LEADERS? GBOKO HARAM IS AT WAR WITH WESTERNIZATION, MEANING THEIR TARGETS ARE CHURCHES, POLICE, ARMY, SCHOOLS, ETC. U HAVE MUSLIMS IN THE ARMY, POLICE, SCHOOLS, EVEN IN CHURCHES (SOME YORUBA MUSLIMS GO TO CHURCH), U ALSO HAVE DIFFERENT TRIBES WITHIN THIS CYCLE. THE ABOVE LAST SENTENCES MEANS THAT WHEN GBOKO STRIKE, THEY GET AT ALMOST EVERY ETHNIC GROUP IN NIGERIA. WHEN EVER THEY STRIKE THE POLICE, THEY GET ENOUGH HAUSA AND OTHER ETHNIC GROUP THAT ARE MUCH IN THE POLICE, I WAS IN BORNO STATE DURING 2009 BH HIT ON POLICE, CUSTOMS, FRSC, SCHOOLS, ETC. WHEN THEY STRIKE THE CHURCH, THEY WOULD DEFINITELY GET MORE IGBOS BECAUSE 90% OF IGBOS ARE CHRISTIANS. NIGERIA WOULD HAVE BEEN HISTORY IF THEY HAD GOTTEN UNN. LET ME ALSO SAY THIS, IF THIS BOMBING THING PERSISTS, THE IGBO LEADERS WOULD NOT HAVE ANY CHOICE THAN TO SAY THINGS THEY HAVE BEEN AVOIDING AND WHEN THIS HAPPENS, I BET U NIGERIA WILL BE HISTORY. U KNOW WHY NIGERIA WILL BE HISTORY? THIS IS BECAUSE THE WAR WILL BE JUST BETWEEN IGBOS AND HAUSA/FULANI, THE MIDDLE BELT, THE SS, MIGHT NOT JOIN THEM THIS TIME DUE TO THE WICKEDNESS THE HAUSA/FULANI MAN EXPOSED THEM TO. I DONT ALSO THINK THAT THE WORLD POWER(AMERICA - THE WORSE ENEMY OF ISLAM ) AND OTHER COUNTRIES THAT HELPED NIGERIA TO DEFEAT BIAFRA WILL COME TO NIGERIAS AID.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by LEXYLOV: 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2011
Yeah they are silence not because they are afraid of BH but simply because it's GEJ on the seat of of power. They don't want it to look like they are criticizing their own person, but rather keep silence. What a show of sentiments. The sooner they act the better for all Nigerian, Kudos to Gov Orji.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Spysense(m): 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2011
I think Why these Bombing is still going on is b/c the President is not a Notherner, else the SE would have ask him to talk to his people or face their own heat. But now will the SE inject more problem to the Administration of the Man they Massively Voted for and probably discredit him? On the other hand should they fold their hand and watch their people being killed here and there? Infact "THE WATER IS NOW TOO MUCH IN THE MOUTH OF THE TOAD" I can sense a heavy breath of SE patriotic leaders. Let me rest my case here another time I will suggest the way out. But for now lets believe that no ethnic group is specifically targeted. And to those who incite the SE to avenge, let me ask, are their own people not affected or their people lack the courage to attack? I have read a lot of online comment even physical conversation, every body wants the IGBOS to act first, so they can either betray them as b/4
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by ubaonye: 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2011
@Dayokanu, am here for u kiss
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Sonofpeace(m): 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2011
guonno:

THEY SAY; "BEING BRAVE IS BEING silly" AN IGBO MAN IS BRAVE BUT NOT silly (NAIRALANDERS, ASK your FATHER, THEY WILL CONFIRM THIS) ANOTHER BRAVE ETHNIC GROUP IS THE FULANIS(NOT EVEN THE HAUSAS) BUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FULANIS AND IGBOS IS THAT FULANIS ARE silly, WHEN U ASK 50 FULANIS TO GO TO WAR, WITHOUT ASKING ANY QUESTION, THEY WILL BE AT WAR. BUT AN IGBO WOULD GET INTO WAR FOR A JUSTIFIED REASON. NOW TO MY MAIN POINT WHICH ANSWERS THE QUESTION WHY THE SILENCE FROM IGBO LEADERS? GBOKO HARAM IS AT WAR WITH WESTERNIZATION, MEANING THEIR TARGETS ARE CHURCHES, POLICE, ARMY, SCHOOLS, ETC. U HAVE MUSLIMS IN THE ARMY, POLICE, SCHOOLS, EVEN IN CHURCHES (SOME YORUBA MUSLIMS GO TO CHURCH), U ALSO HAVE DIFFERENT TRIBES WITHIN THIS CYCLE. THE ABOVE LAST SENTENCES MEANS THAT WHEN GBOKO STRIKE, THEY GET AT ALMOST EVERY ETHNIC GROUP IN NIGERIA. WHEN EVER THEY STRIKE THE POLICE, THEY GET ENOUGH HAUSA AND OTHER ETHNIC GROUP THAT ARE MUCH IN THE POLICE, I WAS IN BORNO STATE DURING 2009 BH HIT ON POLICE, CUSTOMS, FRSC, SCHOOLS, ETC. WHEN THEY STRIKE THE CHURCH, THEY WOULD DEFINITELY GET MORE IGBOS BECAUSE 90% OF IGBOS ARE CHRISTIANS. NIGERIA WOULD HAVE BEEN HISTORY IF THEY HAD GOTTEN UNN. LET ME ALSO SAY THIS, IF THIS BOMBING THING PERSISTS, THE IGBO LEADERS WOULD NOT HAVE ANY CHOICE THAN TO SAY THINGS THEY HAVE BEEN AVOIDING AND WHEN THIS HAPPENS, I BET U NIGERIA WILL BE HISTORY. U KNOW WHY NIGERIA WILL BE HISTORY? THIS IS BECAUSE THE WAR WILL BE JUST BETWEEN IGBOS AND HAUSA/FULANI, THE MIDDLE BELT, THE SS, MIGHT NOT JOIN THEM THIS TIME DUE TO THE WICKEDNESS THE HAUSA/FULANI MAN EXPOSED THEM TO. I DONT ALSO THINK THAT THE WORLD POWER(AMERICA - THE WORSE ENEMY OF ISLAM ) AND OTHER COUNTRIES THAT HELPED NIGERIA TO DEFEAT BIAFRA WILL COME TO NIGERIAS AID.
Brov, stop disguising as an Igbo when in reality you're an enemy to the Igbos.
If i may ask who are you dragging to war against Hausa/fulanis?
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by asorocker: 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2011
Nigeria is a dead horse , any body hoping the Fulanis/Hausa will stop killing their neighbours is a big joker
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by ak47mann(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2011
^^

correct cool cool
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by EzeUche(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2011
mamasani:

My uncle is right about Northern Igbos. And many think like the poster above me. They are the illiterates among us.

I do not understand their mindset. It is like they are a different breed of Igbo. undecided undecided undecided

He is not the first "Northern" Igbo I have heard this from. How can you pity those who have this mindset? Another question we should ask ourselves is do we Igbos in the East want this type of Igbo in our land.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Free Latest Nigeria Current Affairs / Why The Attack On Tinubu And His Investment? / Hushpuppi burst into serious tears as he pleads guilty to fraud allegations.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.