Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,161 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? (8529 Views)

South East Leaders & Stakeholders' Meeting: Live Update (pics) / I Want To Unite South East Leaders With Buhari – Okorocha / South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by aljharem3: 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2011
Toaskarity:

It hurts me most that my brothers still move to north! infact it suck! i would rather smuggle my sibling into congo,rwanda or any poor african country than letting him/her move to north!! sucks !  i wonder why any sensible igbo will wake up enter a bus and start moving to north after all this centuries of hatred!!! infact i will never have a pity to any other killing of igbos there!!
Even those that were born there should come back! my two clasmates at bcs awka, one was born in kano nd the other in jos but they were send back home by their parents. The one born in kano almost behave odd and he was in the same hostel with me, i rememeber a time he told us the story of how him and his father(911truck driver) escaped the north at that time of muslim killing christians, this two clasmates of mine cant even speak igbo as in jss1 and fail igbo classes but by our senior classes they did very well,today one is in unizik.Assuming they still live in north with their little wealth who knows if they will see today? my igbo brothers pls for Godsake your life first! Even igbos in Abuja (tho my sister there) should think elsewhere, there are w.african cities that can accomadate us than us risking our lives.Accra,lagos,Abidjan, cotonou etc millions of them rather putting your lif in danger!
And atimes i ask myself are we igbos blind or dont we see the pictures of the dead as something!! this ppl from the beginning hate us with passion! now alh jarem should come tell  the fuccking story igbos plot a coup last year and hausa revenge this year.

over my dead body will somebody relating to me move to north for whatever reason, i will denounce the person at once

it hurts me when i see people like you.

were you not here when boko haram shot 20 in maiduguri mosque ? This people killed were Muslim northerners

Were you not here when boko haram bombed a mosque killing 15 or so ? this people were not Igbos but Muslim northerners.

Now you come here and say it is against Igbos I have told you it is a Nigerian problem and we should work together and fix the problem rather than calling it a core northern problem
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by EzeUche(m): 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2011
alj_harem:

it hurts me when i see people like you.

were you not here when boko haram shot 20 in maiduguri mosque ? This people killed were Muslim northerners

Were you not here when boko haram bombed a mosque killing 15 or so ? this people were not Igbos but Muslim northerners.

Now you come here and say it is against Igbos I have told you it is a Nigerian problem and we should work together and fix the problem rather than calling it a core northern problem

It does not concern the South.

You do not see Southerners killing innocent people in the name of religion.

This is a Northern Nigeria problem that can be easily dealt with by dividing this nation.

For too long we in the South have allowed Northern nonsense/aggression and we are tired of it.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by aljharem3: 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2011
EzeUche:

This is a Northern Nigeria problem that can be easily dealt with by dividing this nation.

For too long we in the South have allowed Northern nonsense/aggression and we are tired of it.

it does not concern the south but ebegsu boys are bombing places as well ?

it does not concern the south but we have southern indigenes in boko haram ?

it does not concern the south but boko haram is killing people in abuja where southerners are ?

is it until they start bombing port harcourt and lagos it would concern the south ?

To me, I just see it as wickedness and being insensitive to the plague of a people just because they are from the north thus they have to die ?
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Planner(m): 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2011

The grave mistake that was made in 1914 was supposed to to be corrected by the Nigerian civil war, but sadly it was not to be. the biggest blame should to the following groups in this order

Yorubas
Niger deltans
Northern christinas
Middle belts
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by aljharem3: 4:08pm On Dec 31, 2011
Planner:

The grave mistake that was made in 1914 was supposed to to be corrected by the Nigerian civil war, but sadly it was not to be. the biggest blame should to the following groups in this order

Yorubas
Niger deltans
Northern christinas
Middle belts

to be honest with you, you are just decieving urself. really

The worst mistake was for Nzegwo and co not to kill Nnamdi that FORCED THE NORTH AND YORUBA +NIGER/DELTA INTO THIS MARRAGE CALLED NIGERIA.

Yes Nnamdi was an igbo man and still respected till today

Also, may I ask why you fought for Nigeria to kill Niger/deltans when they wanted to secede ?

Can I ask why you force the north to Nigeria ?

Can I ask why you imprisoned A yoruba leader who called Nigeria a geographical expression ?

Can I ask why you killed, North, Yoruba/edo, Niger/delta leaders and spare the Igbo leaders ?

Dude go and shut ur face in shame
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2011
^^^you see what i was saying? you always bring the coup of 66 till today! tomorrow if igbos got killed again you will say its the cause again.

To your other post: why have we always been the victim, i heard there are upto 250 ethnic group in Nigeria then why always igbo. personally i have lost hope in biafra and yet Nigeria that wants us in cant protect us! to me igbos that are moving north are as stupid as the killers, i dont normally blame ppl like you especially on Nl why? cos everyone is trying to protect its own but atimes you guys should put yourself in our shoes and think, ask yourself do we merit all these killings? i have never heard that igbos slaughter another ethnic group for whatever reason yet at any simplest thing we got slaughted, anyway again i wont blame you cos we all know what most of you are for.
I blame igbos moving north for whatever reason.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by afm4ever(m): 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2011
The fear of bokoharam is the beginning of wisdom lol
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by aljharem3: 8:09pm On Dec 31, 2011
Toaskarity:

^^^you see what i was saying? you always bring the coup of 66 till today! tomorrow if igbos got killed again you will say its the cause again.

I brought that up because of the nonsense planner was typing, I mean he brought it up first and I just expanded on it.

Toaskarity:

To your other post: why have we always been the victim, i heard there are upto 250 ethnic group in Nigeria then why always igbo. personally i have lost hope in biafra and yet Nigeria that wants us in cant protect us! to me igbos that are moving north are as silly as the killers, i dont normally blame ppl like you especially on Nl why? cos everyone is trying to protect its own but atimes you guys should put yourself in our shoes and think, ask yourself do we merit all these killings? i have never heard that igbos slaughter another ethnic group for whatever reason yet at any simplest thing we got slaughted, anyway again i wont blame you cos we all know what most of you are for.
I blame igbos moving north for whatever reason.

Toaskarity. I wish other Igbos are calm as you on this forum, then we would have a better forum.

Now concerning the bombing in the north and how it affects others. You see, I would explain to you and I wish you can understand this truth.

Now in the whole of Nigeria, as you rightly said, we have 250 ethnic groups. out of those 250, Igbos are one of the most populous and the Most travelled.

You would find Igbo people in everywhere and as you well know, Igbos are Christians mostly catholic. The bombing of a catholic church would certainly affect Igbos the most no matter the region the bomb takes off.

Now that is just 1 church, compare to the mosque which was 2 attacks

I was telling you of the various attack in Mosques and since it is in the northern part of the country the attack went off. the victims are mostly Northerners.

Now we know boko haram does not fight for northerners, muslims nor Nigerians. The only logical conclusion is the boko haram is a terrorities group out there can claiming falsehood of them fighting for Islam. THIS IS A LIE.

Once we tribalise or religionize any attack of boko haram, we are just giving them more power by pointing out the people they are fighting for. This what I am trying to avoid.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Akanbiedu(m): 10:17pm On Dec 31, 2011
Alj,

There has a tremendous improvement in your punctuation, has there been a change in acc operator or what?
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Onlytruth(m): 10:24pm On Dec 31, 2011
I honestly think that we Ndigbo here should start ignoring a whole group of posters here.
People like [b]Alj_harem [/b]should just be ignored.
I personally have a list of demented folks that I step over each time.
We should spend more time focusing on HOW we get out the Nigerian mess.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by Onlytruth(m): 10:47pm On Dec 31, 2011
I really think that the Igbo won't take a position on these senseless killing of Igbos in the North, until after Ojukwu's burial. That home coming will provide the necessary opportunity for networking.
That networking is the KEY to a successful decision on our collective position about Nigeria going forward.
So, we simply wait. cool
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by ChinenyeN(m): 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2011
I can only sit and wonder what the silence of "South East Leaders" will produce.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by OneNaira6: 11:49pm On Dec 31, 2011
EzeUche:

This and mikeansy reply I have to say is the best I've read so far.

I agree with this whole-heartily, Dividing Nigeria is the best way to fix our problem. 

The scream of "one Nigeria", Boko Haram is "Nigerian problem" is another level of ignorance.  Using Boko Haram and how our government handles it tells us Nigeria do not and have never cared of the safety of any Igbo or other south.

We have the Army roaming around SE in attempt to protect Northern against any potential retaliation despite having no threat witnessed on any Northerner in SE but yet the Igbo or any South targeted in North aren't protected despite having threat witnessed on them on daily basis by Boko Haram and the North.

This country is hell and I curse the day it was created
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by OneNaira6: 12:04am On Jan 01, 2012
emiye:

The above is the basic reality !

It is way easy to scream come back home,come back home, come back home ,,

If all screaming their igbo compatriots to come back are exposed to the boldened statement above, you will realise that it doesn't come easy as you are making it sound.

A typical igbo is resillient, and it is pure human nature to try to survive, What the igbo political leaders should be more focused about is developing the south east region to a comfortable and secure region that business can thrive, advocating for a sea port, e.t.c

With the risk of sounding heartless, less than 0.1% of igbos residing in the north has been killed

I'm starting to wonder is the northerner ignorance and stupidity, no offense, contagious or what. We blame it on their hatred of western education but after reading this I'm starting to suspect is it an airborne disease affecting everyone up north be it Igbo, Yoruba, Ijo, Hausa, Fulani, etc or what?

What makes you any different from an Igbo businessman in SE that you cannot for once try thriving like do back home even though they have a greater competition than where you reside.   That is if you are an Igbo; I'm suspecting you might not be.

What is comical, at least to me, is that the Igbo business in SE makes alot more money and thriving than those up North which renders a question Is it fear of competition that you all are risking your life for?   

I know there is a saying back home at least my hometown that goes like this if you can't make it in Igboland, SS and can't make it in Lagos then your best option is up North where anyone, even a goat, can make it.  If you can't make it up North then you are useless and should stay up there.  I was aware of this saying but I never for once thought people took the last part of the saying to heart.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by rhymz(m): 12:10pm On Jan 01, 2012
alj_harem:

I brought that up because of the nonsense planner was typing, I mean he brought it up first and I just expanded on it.

Toaskarity. I wish other Igbos are calm as you on this forum, then we would have a better forum.

Now concerning the bombing in the north and how it affects others. You see, I would explain to you and I wish you can understand this truth.

Now in the whole of Nigeria, as you rightly said, we have 250 ethnic groups. out of those 250, Igbos are one of the most populous and the Most travelled.

You would find Igbo people in everywhere and as you well know, Igbos are Christians mostly catholic. The bombing of a catholic church would certainly affect Igbos the most no matter the region the bomb takes off.

Now that is just 1 church, compare to the mosque which was 2 attacks

I was telling you of the various attack in Mosques and since it is in the northern part of the country the attack went off. the victims are mostly Northerners.

Now we know boko haram does not fight for northerners, muslims nor Nigerians. The only logical conclusion is the boko haram is a terrorities group out there can claiming falsehood of them fighting for Islam. THIS IS A LIE.

Once we tribalise or religionize any attack of boko haram, we are just giving them more power by pointing out the people they are fighting for. This what I am trying to avoid.
You are such a flippant lier and a pretender. I have asked you several times to provide us with documented evidence of a BokoHaram bomb attack on a mosque yet you keep making untrue assertions about mosques being attacked.
Imagine how condescending you sounded talking about the church bombing as just one attack compared to your fictituos multiple mosque attacks.
You do not deserve anybody's time cos you agrue on borrowed points that you barely understand, you would rather justify the 1960s pogrom than admit it was characteristic terror streak that is common with every northerner.
Yes Igbos are everywhere in Nigeria but I doubt if they make up the majority of the population of these states that should make them a constant victim feature in almost every attack and unrest in Nigeria and the north in particular. The other time it was "randomly" a market full of Igbo traders and the bomb had to be thrown into an Igbo man's shop and once again it was the Igbos that counted the highest loss. During the NYSC election manhaunt by those almajiri thesame Igbo dominated the list of their victims, yet no Igbo has ever launched an unprovoked attack on any tribe or northerners in particular. Abi you no sabi say after the Igbos the most itierant tribe is the Hausa/fulanis? Or you think others can't choose to victimize them? Yet they are allowed to enjoy the freedom in the southern region they don't allow others enjoy in their own region. This goes beyond BokoHaram, your people have this recurrent murderous characteristics whether in a group or as individual especially when one is at their mercy. So go preach all that your pretentious mumbo-jumbo to people who do not know what you are all about. Like Onlytruth has said, you should be treated like a disease, a tumour that should be cut off. Abeg go siddon make better ppl contribute you and your two-sided, flipping personalities are gross and annoying. I have always asked if you suffer from split personality dis-oreder cos you are full of discordant tunes and stupifying inconsistent streak that is worrying.
Re: Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? by aljharem3: 3:04am On Jan 02, 2012
rhymz:

You are such a flippant lier and a pretender. I have asked you several times to provide us with documented evidence of a BokoHaram bomb attack on a mosque yet you keep making untrue assertions about mosques being attacked.
Imagine how condescending you sounded talking about the church bombing as just one attack compared to your fictituos multiple mosque attacks.
You do not deserve anybody's time cos you agrue on borrowed points that you barely understand, you would rather justify the 1960s pogrom than admit it was characteristic terror streak that is common with every northerner.
Yes Igbos are everywhere in Nigeria but I doubt if they make up the majority of the population of these states that should make them a constant victim feature in almost every attack and unrest in Nigeria and the north in particular. The other time it was "randomly" a market full of Igbo traders and the bomb had to be thrown into an Igbo man's shop and once again it was the Igbos that counted the highest loss. During the NYSC election manhaunt by those almajiri thesame Igbo dominated the list of their victims, yet no Igbo has ever launched an unprovoked attack on any tribe or northerners in particular. Abi you no sabi say after the Igbos the most itierant tribe is the Hausa/fulanis? Or you think others can't choose to victimize them? Yet they are allowed to enjoy the freedom in the southern region they don't allow others enjoy in their own region. This goes beyond BokoHaram, your people have this recurrent murderous characteristics whether in a group or as individual especially when one is at their mercy. So go preach all that your pretentious mumbo-jumbo to people who do not know what you are all about. Like Onlytruth has said, you should be treated like a disease, a tumour that should be cut off. Abeg go siddon make better ppl contribute you and your two-sided, flipping personalities are gross and annoying. I have always asked if you suffer from split personality dis-oreder cos you are full of discordant tunes and stupifying inconsistent streak that is worrying.

bros if u are ignorant just say you are ignorant instead of repeating the bull,.,sh,.,it onlytruth and co have been saying

I told you of boko haram attacking muslims in the north and it not NOT A LIE. you can confirm it from ur friends and relatives in the north, particularly miaduguri

here is one of recent documented

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-835587.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? / Buhari, Governors To Discuss Fuel Pricing On Thursday / INEC Re-Affirms Victor Oye As APGA National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.