Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

God Made Him Gay? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Made Him Gay? (11985 Views)

Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? / God Made Technologies......... And Not Scientist / On Wiegraf's Signature : If God made humans from mud then why is mud still here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: God Made Him Gay? by gem87(f): 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2006
i hv an innocent qstn,
God knows everything ryt, and knows d end b4 d begining
i'm guessing he knew homosexuality ws gonna exist and i dnt get y dat shld be allowed
actually d bible confuses me, or shld i say the religion
i guess i'm not filled wiv d spirit cuz if i ws d truth would be revealed 2 me,
but all i'm askin is, God forgive me - why did he let homosexuality exist?
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Sista(f): 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2006
gem87:

i hv an innocent qstn,
God knows everything ryt, and knows d end before d begining
i'm guessing he knew homosexuality ws going to exist and i dnt get y that shld be allowed
actually d bible confuses me, or shld i say the religion
i guess i'm not filled with d spirit because if i ws d truth would be revealed 2 me,
but all i'm askin is, God forgive me - why did he let homosexuality exist?

@ Gem87

Gem, God has nothing to do with Homosexuality. Homosexuality was a choice. No one was born that way, if they are that way they chose to be. To this day there is no biological evidence that explains homosexuality, you know why? It is a choice thats why. Biology can't determind why people made the choice to be gay.

Biology can tell why twins are born.

Biology can tell how a girl got her genitals and how a boy got his genitals.

Biology can tell what happen to cause a birth defect but biology can not tell us why homosexuality exists.

Some men just don't like a woman enough to want to be with her sexually and some woman don't like a man enough to be with him sexually. I can understand these reasons, although I am not gay.

I don't have anything against gay people but sometimes we just have to let people make their choices because they are the ones who will have to deal with the consequences, not us, the ones who can't understand.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by gem87(f): 2:35am On Aug 18, 2006
u don't get my point
i'm viewing it frm a religious point of view
if u re-read my post u'll understand
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Sista(f): 2:56am On Aug 18, 2006
@Gem87

You are right, I don't get your point

You asked why did God let homosexuality exists?

I told you the choices we make have nothing to do with God.

Do you know what free will is?

If we do not have free will, we will not do anything from the heart. We would be like robots with no soul.

God was aware of that. That is why God or the Creator or whatever people may call it, it gave us free will so that the choices we make would be because we chose.

Do you want someone to love you because you told them to love you?
Or, do you want them to love you because they chose to?

That is the difference.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by gem87(f): 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2006
yeah, dat mks sense
thnx 4 clearing me though
Re: God Made Him Gay? by pearldrops(f): 2:55am On Oct 22, 2006
plss end d topic
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Glamourgal(f): 2:43pm On Mar 25, 2007
is there a gay gene?
or
does God make us gay?
or
is it by choice
Re: God Made Him Gay? by bunmii(f): 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2007
God didn't make no one gay just as God didn't make no one a terrorist. it is your choice, you do what you wanna do.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Glamourgal(f): 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2007
Thank U!
thought i was on my own there
Re: God Made Him Gay? by bunmii(f): 2:52pm On Mar 25, 2007
u are not on ur own wink it amazes me that some pple don't want to tk responsibility for their action they start hiding under God
Re: God Made Him Gay? by adconline(m): 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2007
If God made U gay, how would U beget a living soul? heterosexual relationship as the only form of procreation becomes a mockery.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by gem87(f): 3:06am On Mar 27, 2007
Sexuality is a social construct!!!!!!!!
God din't make no one gay!
Re: God Made Him Gay? by ricadelide(m): 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2007
this is a very simple issue.
this man says he's attracted to another man, and he's saying that's the way God made him. OK. Tomorrow you'd see a pedophile saying he's attracted to only children. He also will say that's the way God made him.

God has made it clear in the bible that homosexuality is sinful, so God is totally out of that issue. Read Rom 1: 21 - 32.

The truth is; we have all been given a free will. Whatever a man decides to do with is free will is his problem; however since God has instructed us to CHOOSE LIFE, we do not have any excuse when we choose what is wrong.

Society today doesnt see homosexuality as wrong, so it doesnt condemn him. But today pedophilia is wrong. Who knows whether in the next 10 years, society would no longer frown its eyes on pedophilia.

Which brings this point; society can never be a true judge of what is right. Let your conscience speak to you. And for those that believe the Bible is the word of GOD, let them live according to the scriptures.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by MP007(m): 7:02am On Apr 20, 2007
being gay can be motivated by a lost of factors, aint sure that its possible to be born gay , if it is possible , that with genetics (not genetic disorder), another way by humanitist is that we are shaped by the society , so it is possible to be gay if u live in an enviroment that promote such sexuality.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by pearldrops(f): 8:04am On May 13, 2007
has he not heard enough?
Re: God Made Him Gay? by smile4kenn(m): 4:18am On May 14, 2007
God forbid!!!
Re: God Made Him Gay? by MP007(m): 10:22am On Jun 24, 2007
God didnt make nobody gay , its the devil that made u gay, God is a good God, just get annoyed anytime people blame bad things on God,
Re: God Made Him Gay? by MP007(m): 10:24am On Jun 24, 2007
don't be asking God why he allowed homosexuality , u choose to be gay, think of it , if  God really allowed immorality ,death and all the bad stuff, whats the point of judgment . he gave every human free will,

Being gay maybe a product of a lot of reasons but definitelynot Gods
Re: God Made Him Gay? by mellow(m): 10:37am On Jun 24, 2007
His ways are not our ways and his thoughts our thought.

We cannot fully fathom the excence of God and why he chooses

to allow what he allows.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Drusilla(f): 10:44am On Jun 24, 2007
this is something that has been bothering me for a while now
at the university i go to they have this gay/straight alliance club, i recently joined it because
i wanted to know why some people are gay, while there at one meeting yesterday, i got the time
to interact with this gay boy, who strongly believe that God made him gay, now he said it wasnt by choice
but something that he always knew he was, at the age of 10 he knew he was into the same sex, he never
was interested in playing with little boys toys, but he prefered barbie dolls, walking in his mothers high heels, trying on
his moms clothes etc
the reason he believe God made him gay is because he has never in his life been interest in any boys stuff or females
but female stuff, make ups, putting on dresses, etc
i know some people are gay by choice , and they are some guys that people lable "oh hes gay" or he looks gay
because of their actions
just totally gay, that you cannot see them straight just completly feminine

Free,

I always get confused by this idea that a "man" wanting to be a "woman" shows they are gay? Since at the same time, we are told that being "Gay" is when a man wants to be with a man.

A man wanting to be with a woman who is really a man, seems more like abnormal heterosexuality. Which indicates mental illness.

If God surely made me and you straight-------men and women who enjoy the opposite sex, is it possible the same
God can make someone a lesbian or gay?

No. It would be the same as a serial rapist/killer claiming that God made him need sex in a way that ends up with the other person dead.

In what way that you are pleased sexually, is formed by your environment, not your genes.  I think someone already mentioned sexuality is a social construct.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by grafikdon: 8:04pm On Aug 11, 2007
God didn't make him gay. We all point fingers and blame anything that moves, instead of finding solution to our problem. Wearing your mother's dress and her shoes has nothing to do with sexual preference, lots of kids did something silly like that and they simply thought it was funny. . . pure entertainment, nothing else. Sad that he had to link his harmless childhood mischief to his sexual preference.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by redsun(m): 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2007
Gayism,is part of human evolution and existence,and africa position in the process of evolution is at the very back and like every other thing may or may not catch up very soon.Personally,i don't appreciate it but people do and what makes life what it is,is choices and diffrences as long as it is not interfering with others.It is part man's quest to satisfy his endless emptiness and ever changing world that will eventually lead us to complete state of virtuality.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by doyenn(m): 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2007
It's not God that made him gay.I hope you guys remember that satan also promise to mislead us so that we wld fall out of ways of God.this is exactly what happened to him,he's been chosen by the satan to use as instrument.

People shld try and learn or even find out how we're been manipulated by the satan and all we think of is God.Our mind is constantly been worked on by the devil because he's promised to do and he'd not hesitate to mislead us.It's only through God intervention that we can be save because this satan is also as powerful and good.I cld remember that God says if he's not the most powerful God,satan wld not have been easy to put under him.

It means that the satan works wherever we always think it's God(May God 4give me if the statement isn't right).It's not only that guy that believes it's God doing to make him practice evil deed,some pastors go to the extent of calling themselves God,some even said they do see god face-face,all this is satan's handy work and i want you to desist from them.

I hope you're not trying to practice gay because it'll lead you to hell if eventually to die in it.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Kuns: 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2007
Zeus the god of the Greeks was gay, because according to greek mythology is has sex with boys and animals. So he was also into bestiality. Which is the culture of the Greeks and Roman writers of the Bible to this day.

Why was Jesus running around with 12 guys having fun?

The gay writers of the bible never saw anything wrong with this as it was their way of life
Re: God Made Him Gay? by macalurs(m): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2007
There is a real difference between being gay and being homosexual. Although they go hand in hand, they are not the same thing. Gay people are not required to be homosexual, though they (in most western cultures) turn out to be. I have seen gay-ish heterosexual men; They talk funny, they dress funny (and other intrinsic gay attributes) but still have families and are repulsed by homosexuality.

Gayism is a general tag for someone that acts certain ways, collevtive word for several behavioral patterns. And like all behavior, gayism is beyond conscious control, as behaviour is partly genetics, partly environment.

Homosexualism on the other hand, is a choice, though unconcsious. The same way no one sits down to decide "should I eat meat" or "should I have sex with females" no homosexual person decides concsiously.

The logic is, as one displays certain characters, he/she attracts certain people. The more inclined one is to a particular suitable behavioral pattern, the less likely for one to decide against it. It's simple logic. With success of "normal" behavioral patterns, comes a surging possibility of other behaviors spinning off on tangents, which over time creates an entirely unique behavioral pattern. I call it evolution.

In other words, "God" made him gay.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Backslider(m): 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2007
Wrong Question

GOD MADE HELLFIRE ?
Re: God Made Him Gay? by macalurs(m): 11:21pm On Sep 27, 2007
Backslider:

Wrong Question

GOD MADE HELLFIRE ?
better yet, Who the hell is God, and who made him?
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Shaman: 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2007
@ All

It is not important, in my opinion, whether God made him gay or not. At the core of the existence and advancement of his soul, his sexual orientation is of little consequence. What is most important, as I understand it, is the content of his character.

If we all understand that we are at different stages in the evolution of our souls then we will understand that each one of us is only trying to become better. At some stage, this too shall pass.

It is the content of our character, the work we are willing to do with the God that rules our heart and our relationship with our fellow humans and nature that will determine our advancement or otherwise.

I may be wrong, and if I am I am humble enough to learnfrom others but that is what I know for sure at this moment.

Peace.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by stingersmi(m): 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2007
God does not make any body a gay, its just by choice,

Backslider:

Wrong Question

GOD MADE HELLFIRE ?

Of course yes,
Maybe wen he created heaven n earth he also created H**L

macalurs:

better yet, Who the hell is God, and who made him?

God is the supreme being who created heaven and eaeth including u and me.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by macalurs(m): 7:17pm On Sep 28, 2007
You have an opinion, and a point too-- they're all based on blind faith though, as your religion requires. I think man created God not the other way, but then we can argue till next year, there's no sense in that though.

Hell fire is a myth, that was only taken up after Dante's poem and artistic depictions in his "Inferno". Before then there weren't any stories vivid enough to convey the horror stories of a hell. The scare tactic worked because after that, preachers had something to preach on. Jonathan Edwards took it up on his sermon-- "Sinners in the hands of an ANGRY GOD" and the churches spilled over with people scared out of their mind (a reported few sold all the "worldlies" they had).

"Hell" scares me (just like I had nightmares after watching the movie Shaun Of the Dead or "Zombies"), but what scares me more is that people are weaker than they think.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by macalurs(m): 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2007
stingersmi:

God does not make any body a gay, its just by choice,
being gay is repulsive, Just like mass-murder (1 Chronicles 21) and hate crimes (Kings 10:18-27) and sex-attacks(Judges 21) and "natural" disasters (hurricane katrina anyone?)-- all carefully (or rather recklessly) dispelled by God, in ancient times and now. God can happily make anyone whatever he wants if he's really God, he's lawless.

Maybe when he created heaven n earth he also created H**L

Are you that self-righteous you cannot even write hell? 

God is the supreme being who created heaven and eaeth including u and me.
God of israel right? gottya.
Re: God Made Him Gay? by Orikinla(m): 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2007
Being gay is by choice.
Because, I have been close to gays to the extent of even getting paid thousands to show my penis to them when they showed me their own. They found me quite attractive and begged for relationship. But I refused. And they confessed that they knew that homosexuality was evil and both morally and naturally wrong.

If I wanted to be gay, I would have been gay since age 11.

I met a young student from the University of Benin online who wanted to be gay, because she thought she looked more like a man even though she had perky boobs and round buttocks. So, I travelled to her campus and took her away from the negative crowd. I took her to our popular Nollywood Guest House in Surulere, Lagos, in 2005. And I spent three nights with her to convince her that she was not born lesbian and she could be loved by a man and she would be a great wife and mother.

I can convert any gay.
It is all in your mind.

God did not create anyone to be gay.

The Western Society and Churches have been preaching their own erroneous and ambiguous theology that you can be gay and be cool.
No.
No one can be gay and be cool.

Anyone who is gay is sick and needs a good and upright shrink and rehab.

All gays need therapy and rehabilitation.
This is the TRUTH.

I will not argue over my conclusion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Jesus Said / The Christmas Debate- What Is God's Opinion? / What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.