Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service (10816 Views)

Church Locks Out Commercial Sex Workers From New Year’s Eve Service / Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by Image123(m): 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2011
tlops:

but the attack is like a theif in the night,  no one knows when, but I understand the watching part.
They do their random attacks, but it's also becoming usual for them to strike at events and large gatherings. Security was very tight during election dates, and May 29. December 31 will have the largest gatherings. Even those who don't usually go to church go. So it's okay to expect they might strike. Prevention is still better than cure, or that's changed?
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by tlops(m): 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2011
well for me I have stayed at home for the past years to watch (NTA, AIT) the crossover service at home! more reason to keep it that way this year!
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by adaphik(f): 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2011
tlops:

well for me I have stayed at home for the past years to watch (NTA, AIT) the crossover service at home! more reason to keep it that way this year!
correct
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by thehomer: 7:37pm On Dec 31, 2011
isquar3d3:

Sm of d comments i'v read here r so dumb. These r d same pple dat'll come on nairaland here nd berate pastors 4 nt taking cautionary measures 2 protect their members. So, because we r christians, we shld nt take caution in d face of evident danger? i.d.i.o.t. The last persn i remember saying this was d devil himself wen he was bent on tempting Jesus. Faith without works is dead.

Shut up there you dullard. We berate pastors for relying on bodyguards, bullet proof vehicles and sophisticated body armour. Doesn't God have enough angels for them?
You could have told Daniel and his group or told Paul and Silas to take precautions in the face of imminent danger. Or do you think your God has fallen asleep again? Why don't you show your solidarity by defying the faith based initiative called Boko Haram?
Sure the devil tells Jesus to jump down it is temptation but Jesus was willing to be wandering about on water. Wasn't he afraid of drowning?
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by PHIPEX(m): 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2011
So if Boko boys threaten to bomb churches on sunday we all should say good bye to our services in order to stay alive, isn't that the best way to for them to even win the war? Here we are complaining of GEJ not having balls but a simple threat has driven Christians to their houses. SHAME! How many times did MEND issue altimatum to the oil firms to vacate their region, was it stupidity that made them remain?
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by Image123(m): 8:14pm On Dec 31, 2011
thehomer:

Shut up there you dullard. We berate pastors for relying on bodyguards, bullet proof vehicles and sophisticated body armour. Doesn't God have enough angels for them?
You could have told Daniel and his group or told Paul and Silas to take precautions in the face of imminent danger. Or do you think your God has fallen asleep again? Why don't you show your solidarity by defying the faith based initiative called Boko Haram?
Sure the devil tells Jesus to jump down it is temptation but Jesus was willing to be wandering about on water. Wasn't he afraid of drowning?
I'm in some mood presently, so permit me to chip in. There's nothing wrong with making use of available protection like bulletproof vehicle IF NECESSARY.
Daniel, Paul and Silas were under direct attack/persecution. It was either God or fire/den/prison. BH is not direct but random. It's aimed at anybody, any large gatherings. Being careless or foolhardy is not a christian virtue.
Jesus/christians do not live by the instruction of satan or general opinion. They live by the Word of God. If God says number, we number. If satan says number, we do not. Bloody children of Adam always crave to live after the principle of good and evil, right and wrong. Children of God are led by the Spirit of life.
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by Image123(m): 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2011
PHIPEX:

So if Boko boys threaten to bomb churches on sunday we all should say good bye to our services in order to stay alive, isn't that the best way to for them to even win the war? Here we are complaining of GEJ not having balls but a simple threat has driven Christians to their houses. SHAME! How many times did MEND issue altimatum to the oil firms to vacate their region, was it stupidity that made them remain?
PHIPEX:

Some of the reasons the oil firms remain is because they have security. A security system that can respond fire for fire. They've got government support and international support. They've got the best of the country's militia. And they have 'boundaries'. The churches do not have any of these. Attack can come from anywhere to anyone anywhere. It's 'cross over night', not all church services cancelled. And not all churches cancelled, some are having it, some have. There's nothing wrong with precautionary measures. Seeing you're so bold for Jesus, go start missionary work in the north na. Many people talking here are just yapping from the comfort of their homes. They probably never seen violence before, they think it's what they see in films. Some cannot go to school or serve in the north, but they're here showing conrage. If you're tired of life, doesn't mean everyone else should be.
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by Joagbaje(m): 9:27pm On Dec 31, 2011
Image123:

Am i very suprised? If it was Christ embassy that cancelled first, you'd be here spewing out scripture verses to support. But no, it's the next door pest, right? And something's wrong with cancelling worship meeting. Better be responsible for the security of your many branches, and not put lives at unnecessary risks.

Im not criticising those who had cancelled their meetings, im only giving a precautionary warning. If we begin to give in, we will soon compromise even openly worshiping God any day.  We should rather deal with this matter spiritually than closing eyes waiting for it to Go .it won't go. We must take our stand in intercession for the nation.

Psalms 127:1
. . .except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

I believe we can take precautionary measure physically to prevent evil . We can improve security or get bomb dictectors etc, but we must not abandon our christian meetings.

Hebrews 10:25
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together. . .

If we have to meet in caves or under trees, we must meet.
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by erniewhez(m): 9:38pm On Dec 31, 2011
Some people are just talking for talking sake. God did not ask anyone to stick his neck out knowing quite well there is danger. He who figths and run away lives to fight another day. I keep saying Boko Haram is political and there's no reason why anyone shld loose their life willingly on religious ground cause its basically political. Have you been opportuned to see d morons used to perpetrate this inhuman acts of bombing? They are miserable looking zombies who has no values for their lives how much more others. You will look stupid to loose your life to these morons and valueless lives. Vacate the church and wait as they would soon be overcomed. Some antichrists or anti religion are taking advantage to rubish the christian religion. Its baseless, pls be wise and avoid where u ought to for ur life security, whoever place no value on his life and the well being of his offsprings shld be bold to confront the boko haram threat. For me I blieve there days are numbered. I will wait, keep secured so I can laugh at their crucifixion.
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by Wisdomxy(m): 9:40pm On Dec 31, 2011
If in Lagos new year church service is been cancelled because of bomb scare, then what do people expect of the christians  in Bauchi, Yobe, maiduguri, Yobe(Damaturu,Potiskum) Kano,  Gombe and Plateau to do? Dig ground and hide inside for new year service on new year day? I was passing by a famous mountain in Kano(popularly known as the mountain of prayer) this evening and noticed that some group of white garment church members were preparing big time for their new year eve service which may possibly last throughout till dawn in an open air.Others are also preparing to have their new year service big time, bomb or no bomb scare. A particular hausa dominated church has vowed to go ahead with their religious activity bomb scare or not . That is how christianity is practiced on this side of the Niger. That is, people are not afraid to die for what they believe and profess as they are sure that when they are killed for the sake of their belief they are making heaven.That is fighting for the faith that was once delivered to the saints.
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by thehomer: 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2011
Image123:

I'm in some mood presently, so permit me to chip in. There's nothing wrong with making use of available protection like bulletproof vehicle IF NECESSARY.
Daniel, Paul and Silas were under direct attack/persecution. It was either God or fire/den/prison. BH is not direct but random. It's aimed at anybody, any large gatherings. Being careless or foolhardy is not a christian virtue.

Well, is it necessary? Aren't God and his angels enough? If God doesn't save them, maybe he really needs more pastors in heaven.

Image123:

Jesus/christians do not live by the instruction of satan or general opinion. They live by the Word of God. If God says number, we number. If satan says number, we do not. Bloody children of Adam always crave to live after the principle of good and evil, right and wrong. Children of God are led by the Spirit of life.

So it is the spirit of life that tells them to bear guards all over the place? Why isn't the spirit able to properly identify the location of the bombs or protect the people if the bomb goes off?
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by tlops(m): 10:37pm On Dec 31, 2011
thehomer:

Are you running from Boko Haram too?

me ke? Impossicant!!! I get spiritual "Odeishi".
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by thehomer: 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2011
tlops:

me ke? Impossicant!!! I get spiritual "Odeishi".

Why not go to the church rather than watching at a distance? Or doesn't pastor Chris communicate with the spirits anymore?
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by tlops(m): 11:10pm On Dec 31, 2011
I have not attended crossover service outside my TV and PC for the past 4 years!!!
thehomer:

Why not go to the church rather than watching at a distance? Or doesn't pastor Chris communicate with the spirits anymore?

check my previous post. it has nothing to do with Boko boiz!
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by tlops(m): 11:16pm On Dec 31, 2011
yes! using my Mac! thanksgiving on right now!
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by thehomer: 11:20pm On Dec 31, 2011
tlops:

I have not attended crossover service outside my TV and PC for the past 4 years!!!
check my previous post. it has nothing to do with Boko boiz!

Oh ok.
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by Image123(m): 12:27am On Jan 01, 2012
Joagbaje:

Im not criticising those who had cancelled their meetings, im only giving a precautionary warning. If we begin to give in, we will soon compromise even openly worshiping God any day.  We should rather deal with this matter spiritually than closing eyes waiting for it to Go .it won't go. We must take our stand in intercession for the nation.

Psalms 127:1
. . .except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

I believe we can take precautionary measure physically to prevent evil . We can improve security or get bomb dictectors etc, but we must not abandon our christian meetings.

Hebrews 10:25
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together. . .

If we have to meet in caves or under trees, we must meet. 
TRUCE my friend. Happy New Year.
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by tlops(m): 12:45am On Jan 01, 2012
Happy New year!
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by PHIPEX(m): 1:13am On Jan 01, 2012
erniewhez:

Some people are just talking for talking sake. God did not ask anyone to stick his neck out knowing quite well there is danger. He who figths and run away lives to fight another day. I keep saying Boko Haram is political and there's no reason why anyone shld loose their life willingly on religious ground cause its basically political. Have you been opportuned to see d morons used to perpetrate this inhuman acts of bombing? They are miserable looking zombies who has no values for their lives how much more others. You will look silly to loose your life to these morons and valueless lives. Vacate the church and wait as they would soon be overcomed. Some antichrists or anti religion are taking advantage to rubish the christian religion. Its baseless, pls be wise and avoid where u ought to for your life security, whoever place no value on his life and the well being of his offsprings shld be bold to confront the boko haram threat. For me I blieve there days are numbered. I will wait, keep secured so I can laugh at their crucifixion.

Happy new yr, am back from service.
Esther 4:13-14Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther, Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king's house, more than all the Jews.
For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this

Daniel 3:17-18 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.89787
But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by knowledge4(m): 4:41pm On Jan 01, 2012
Do not blaspheme against God with reckless statements else you incur the wrath of God who can destroy both body and soul and cast one into Hell. On the day of judgment ,you will give account of your reckless statements(2 Corinthians 5:10 & Hebrews 9:27).Therefore, beware.

Our God has not forsaken his churches. He is the God who fights for us while we hold our peace(Exodus 14:14). Christians are not running from any dark powers and cannot run because our God,the Xtian God cannot run from anyone. He is the God of vengeance (Psalm 94:1), a consuming fire (Hebrews 12:29). You can not stampede Him to act.He is a sovereign God who acts at His own time. God will act soon to bring the Boko Haram menace to an end in Nigeria. Nigerian Xtians are already praying and our God in Heaven answers prayers. Prayer is the Xtians' weapon and no power can overcome the power of prayer as long as no power can overcome our God,the Xtian God in Heaven,the creator of Heaven and Earth.

If you are a discerning Xtian,you should know that what is happening around the world (Boko Haram, terrorism, wars, floods, diseases, famine,drought,earthquakes,economic crisis, increasing lawlessness and many other disorders) are a fulfillment of Jesus Christ's prophecy in the Bible in Matthew Chapter 24 signalling the fast approaching Day of Judgment and end of the world.

The message in this is for you to make straight the crooked ways and live a life worthy of Christ to be confident to stand before Christ for judgment.if a Xtian dies in a Boko Haram bombing and has lived a crooked life,he will end up in the same Hell that a Boko Haram suicide bomber will end up in.God is no respecter of persons. His message, warning and  and standard to all men is clear: Repent and make straight your ways before the Lord.
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by emyworld: 2:10am On Jan 02, 2012
This pastor okotie dey fall hand wella, ajebo pastor.na only grammer e sabi!
Re: Okotie Cancels New Year Eve Service by Lovine: 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2012
He was afraid of BH and he cancelled New Year eve prayers. But he's the one who called Prophet TB Joshua a false prophet, and his god could not protect him from BH. He has shown everyone that he is a fake pastor whose god cannot protect from danger. Prophet TB Joshua and more than a million worshippers as from 21hours until 5am. Who has a true God now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. / What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? / OLAADEGBU, You Are Soiling DEEPER LIFE Reputation With Manipulation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.