Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God (12791 Views)

How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God / All Who Insult Pastors Are Committing An Unpardonable Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God by buzugee(m): 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2011
there are a group of animals that you are instructed to stay away from because they fall under the category 'scavengers'. The lord created them to clean up the environment and not for human consumption. snails and pigs will fall under this categrory.
Re: Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God by Kx: 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2011
According to Bible-Buzugee Version (BV)??
Re: Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God by buzugee(m): 4:32pm On Dec 30, 2011
Kx:

According to Bible-Buzugee Version (BV)??
No Sir. I am not pious enough to have my own version yet  grin do you also know that eating the fat of animals is a sin ? like eating fatty meat. what nigerians so lovingly call 'ora' Leviticus 7 vs 23-27. These are dietary laws, all a part of the Lords laws statutes and commandments. you have to remember that Jesus did not come to get rid of the law but to uphold it. Jesus only came so as to eradicate sacrificial burnt offerings.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2011
@buzugee , I suggest you get a real Job grin
Re: Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God by numo86(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2011
lol, christians are not under d law that prohibits d eatin of some animals and d callin of some animals unclean, d vision/dream given to peter @ acts 10:10-16 clearly explains both symbolically and materially that we shuld call no animal unclean, the law given to moses on such were replaced with christ's law, so i dey wak snail steady, hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God by buzugee(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2011
frosbel:

@buzugee , I suggest you get a real Job  grin
i being had a job. i am a contractor. thats why i got free time  grin
Re: Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God by Kx: 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2011
Leviticus 7:22-27:

022: And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
023: Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, Ye shall eat no manner of fat, of ox, or of sheep, or of goat.
024: And the fat of the beast that dieth of itself, and the fat of that which is torn with beasts, may be used in any other use: but ye shall in no wise eat of it.
025: For whosoever eateth the fat of the beast, of which men offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, even the soul that eateth it shall be cut off from his people.
026: Moreover ye shall eat no manner of blood, whether it be of fowl or of beast, in any of your dwellings.
027: Whatsoever soul it be that eateth any manner of blood, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.
Assuming u were correct for the sake of argument, where is snail mentioned above?

Acts 10:10-16:

010: And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
011: And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
012: Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
013: And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
014: But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
015: And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
016: This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
Re: Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God by buzugee(m): 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2011
numo86:

lol, christians are not under d law that prohibits d eatin of some animals and d callin of some animals unclean, d vision/dream given to peter @ acts 10:10-16 clearly explains both symbolically and materially that we shuld call no animal unclean, the law given to moses on such were replaced with christ's law, so i dey wak snail steady, hehehehe
that story (PETERS VISION) i suspect is an allegorical story and not to be taken literally. i will go into the whole story later on and i am sure  i will come up with the meaning of the vision. remember this was a vision ? and also remember peters answer ? 'i have not eaten anything impure or unclean in my life'. this tells you that peter acknowledges that these are against the lords laws statutes and commandments. easy on the snail sha. when the father returns, all those who dey eat impure animals will be put to death Isaiah 66 vs 17
Re: Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God by buzugee(m): 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2011
Kx:

Assuming u were correct for the sake of argument, where is snail mentioned above?

LIKE I TOLD THE BROTHER EARLIER ; the story i suspect is symbolic. a test of some sort. peters response is ' i have never eaten anything impure or unclean'. he is familiar with the lords dietary laws. he did not fall for the test. you have to remember that the lord does not make mistakes. he has his laws statutes and commandments and they still stand. His son came so as to be the sacrifice, hence removing the cumbersome task of offering burnt sacrifice when you become unclean from sin. this is why Yah came. like the lord said, anyone who eats unclean animals will be put to death when he returns isaiah 66 vs 17.

the lord created 3 types of animals
1. predators, there job is to keep the animal population under control. these will be lions and tigers etc
2, scavengers, these are the environmental cleaners. they clean up the ecosystem. these are pigs and snails and lobster and shrimp. they are not to be eaten because they are filthy
3, those that are humble to man, this will be the ones who eat grass and have a clove and hoof. eg goat cow lamb etc etc. these ones you can eat

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God by buzugee(m): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2011
Re: Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God by buzugee(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2011
matthew 5 vs 17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

romans 3 vs 31 Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law.
Re: Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God by buzugee(m): 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2011
lets me also add shrimp and lobster to that list. you will be put to death if you eat these scavengers. they are the lords environmental cleaners. not food

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That By Eating 'snails' You Are Committing A Grave Sin Against God by DrMarlena: 4:05am On Dec 16, 2013
[color=#550000][/color] Peter's dream about NOT touching unclean food is represented symbolically by different types of animals. Adonai Yesua speaks in parables, and Peter answered correctly. Yeshua said Do not say that they are uncleaned for what I have cleansed no man can call it unclean... these animals represents the Nations of the world. Not food. Christian theology has many incorrect doctrines. The Torah was not destroyed it was fulfilled. Regarding numo86 and his comment that Christians are not under the law I suggest you study the Word again... Torah means Commandments not law. It is a way of life for those that follow the G-D of Abraham, Yacov, and Isaac.
Kx: According to Bible-Buzugee Version (BV)??
This is very disrespectful the man is teaching correct doctrine according to Hebraic teachings. Instead of learning you are being very ugly. We must treat each other with respect, and love one another. What is your conviction is not ours, but God is faithful even to those who do not obey His Torah. Thank you Buzugee for your word. smiley

(1) (Reply)

What Line From A Christian Song Resonates With You / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 / Absolute Proof Of God's Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.