Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,422 members, 7,812,240 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge (24788 Views)

Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) / Graphic Photo Of Sunday Terror Killed At Ebute-metta Lagos Yesterday / Gej Banners Defaced With Paint On 3rd Mainland Bridge(pix). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by bigfat01: 12:40am On Dec 31, 2011
this incident is happening   somewhere in an area known as  ebute in ebute metta ,wood houses ,church ,mosque , hotel motel ,hall e.tc you name it  which were  built just under third mainland bridge have been burnt down by fire .it started around 11.30pm and still on now .this bridge was badly damaged by the fire ,phcn transformer burnt to pices plus eletric poles .now who is at fault is it the caretakers who have been  allowing people to build wood houses nd collecting rent from them under third mainland bridge or the people themselves who have no choice plus no hope and are poverty striken who do not want to go stealing and robin people on the street are now they at fault by building their homes under the bridge (wood houses) e.c.t .dont know what to say ,
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by bigfat01: 12:41am On Dec 31, 2011
i hope it is not boko haram in action,
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Dec 31, 2011
Not even pictures of your story? Really? I mean this is the year 2011/2012 and still people have not realized that telling a story without images is boring?
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by antartica(m): 12:46am On Dec 31, 2011
The plaques of ignorance is enormous.Nigerians haven't started suffering from the real pains of inactivities and irresponsibilities yet.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by bigfat01: 12:49am On Dec 31, 2011
i was at scene it was very rowdy ,i didnt want my phone to get stolen ,you go buy another bb for me ?
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On Dec 31, 2011
Storyland!!! Abeg stop creating sourceless threads. If you cannot even take a picture for prove then don't create threads here. Try the gossip board or something.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Beaf: 1:03am On Dec 31, 2011
Ebutte Metta always has one fire or the other. The place is unplanned and an eyesore that needs tearing down and rebuilding to human standards.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by bigfat01: 1:17am On Dec 31, 2011
@ Kobojunkie fly down to nigeria from THE STATES to snap the phots yourself,it is not too late , you will see it on the news , t v and radio first thing tommorrow .
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by tpia5: 1:24am On Dec 31, 2011
A user name like yours isnt exactly reassuring dont you think.

Big fat lie?

Or is it an unintended pun.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 31, 2011
I#t is Buhari and northerners O wink
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Kobojunkie: 1:28am On Dec 31, 2011
bigfat01:

@ Kobojunkie  fly down to nigeria from THE STATES  to snap the phots yourself,it is not too late ,  you will see it on the news ,  t v and radio first thing tommorrow .

Yeah, I agree, you should have waited for to see it on the new, tv or radio --- at least there would have been a link then for you to offer. As is, I don't see what we can do with this tori yours.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by naijablad: 1:29am On Dec 31, 2011
*sigh*
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by freecocoa(f): 1:38am On Dec 31, 2011
3rd mainland bridge?(Sexkillz house) I just hope this isn't true sha.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by kombats: 1:47am On Dec 31, 2011
just hope dis is nt true
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by MarcAnthon(m): 1:48am On Dec 31, 2011
bigfat01:

this incident is happening   somewhere in an area known as  ebute in ebute metta ,wood houses ,church ,mosque , hotel motel ,hall e.tc you name it  which were  built just under third mainland bridge have been burnt down by fire .it started around 11.30pm and still on now .this bridge was badly damaged by the fire ,phcn transformer burnt to pices plus eletric poles .now who is at fault is it the caretakers who have been  allowing people to build wood houses nd collecting rent from them under third mainland bridge or the people themselves who have no choice plus no hope and are poverty striken who do not want to go stealing and robin people on the street are now they at fault by building their homes under the bridge (wood houses) e.c.t .dont know what to say ,

@OP could you elaborate on the bold text? How so?

If there's any truth to that it is time for the government agencies involved to be proactive and quickly assess the damage to determine whether it is worth shutting off the bridge before some greater calamity such as bridge collapse happens.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Adrian008(f): 1:48am On Dec 31, 2011
@op

I think the fire's gone down. I can't see the flames anymore. That is, if it was that serious. I didn't see anything, just flames. I thought area boys were burning tire to celebrate New Year's eve. Anyway, after seeing this I checked again, and as I said, the flames have gone down, or maybe moved on.

ALL I'M SAYING IS I DID SEE FLAMES, WHICH I INITIALLY FELT WAS STRANGE AT THIS TIME OF THE NIGHT!!
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Fhemmmy: 1:49am On Dec 31, 2011
If this is true, I hope this will be the beginning of what will make people to stand for their right.
People building wooden homes underneath a bridge in a nation like Nigeria . . . .self created poverty by our so called leaders.
You mean while all such building were cropping up, the govt has nothing to do about it to make sure such never happened?
What am i saying, i am sure they were busy looking for more money to loot and could care less if people build anywhere and anyhow.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by dejust(m): 2:07am On Dec 31, 2011
It is not pooverty that lead people to building houses an hotels under the bridge but ignorance, but they do not know that ignorance of law is not excuse. Both those who allocated and those allocated to are all liable.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Emeka72(m): 2:34am On Dec 31, 2011
I'l pass dere today to confirm wat yur saying.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:23am On Dec 31, 2011
what part of third mainland has houses under?
i suspect this is a big fat lie.

i cannot remember any houses UNDER third mainland, matter of fact the ebute metta end is marshy, the only phch installations there are 33 KVA lines that sit on large pylons going through the lagoon.

at the ebute end where pple park vehicles, its also marshy, the entire bridge is on water, not land. this rumor mongering on nairaland must stop oooo
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by marvel10: 5:33am On Dec 31, 2011
Naija's love cheap (and often dangerous) building materials. I was shocked to find imported taps sold for 150 Naira. They have very little interest in health and safety matters but are happy to spend their dosh on clothes, fast food and cheap thrills. That said, less fire incidents reported than falling buildings. Then again, where is the census?
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by goldng: 5:56am On Dec 31, 2011
Lord have mercy,
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by tpia5: 6:26am On Dec 31, 2011
i cannot remember any houses UNDER third mainland

actually, i cant either.

was wondering if my memory is faulty.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 31, 2011
Too bad
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by itiswell1(m): 6:50am On Dec 31, 2011
April fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooll
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by JamesDoe: 6:51am On Dec 31, 2011
People do live under the bridge:

http://m.rnw.nl/africa/node/96053
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 31, 2011
JamesDoe:

People do live under the bridge:

http://m.rnw.nl/africa/node/96053

Yes,Ijaw people.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 31, 2011
it might not be a big incident cos I'm driving right now with a friend on 3rd mainland bridge and cant see anything.

The truth is this, buildings are distant set back from 3rd. mainland. in fact all bridges are distant set back from bridges due to safety regulations and building code.

I'm a builder and should know this
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Otseh: 7:51am On Dec 31, 2011
I hope there were no casualties? Why is fire outbreak especially in markets common in december? Me, i am tired, if it is not fire, it is robbers or kidnappers or boko haram. Pls God save us.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Emeka72(m): 7:58am On Dec 31, 2011
@op, I will b passing there today to confirm wat u're talking abt.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by sima(f): 8:47am On Dec 31, 2011
That's so sad, I was born in ebute metta. I lived there till when i was 7. So sad to hear this sad
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by bigfat01: 11:05am On Dec 31, 2011
photOs uploaded as at 10.55am 31st December 2011 .Only 3 lives were lost .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers, Policemen Storm Sahara Reporters’ Lagos Office - Sahara Reporters / How Wike Schemed His Way Into Tinubu’s Cabinet / Presidential Committe Gives Oshiomhole 48 Hours To Cancels Okorocha's Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.