Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge (24810 Views)

Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) / Graphic Photo Of Sunday Terror Killed At Ebute-metta Lagos Yesterday / Gej Banners Defaced With Paint On 3rd Mainland Bridge(pix). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by bigfat01: 11:19am On Dec 31, 2011
more photos god save us .only 3 people dead,

Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by SuperPap: 11:27am On Dec 31, 2011
So those mo-r-ons can SEE its finally true. Why the hell do you THINK that someone would come here and lie about a fire?
And some other doofus was talking about building code. Its right UNDER the bridge! Pfft!
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by chromoTop: 11:29am On Dec 31, 2011
bigfat01, Nigerian fools believe nothing ubtil they see pictures of burnt human beings undecided you got to understand that the language this forum understands is pictures of bombed and dismembered Nigerians.
wait a while and you will see another fire-spitting attack on Fashola, Boko Haram, GEJ etc.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by chromoTop: 11:34am On Dec 31, 2011
fat01-In your best interest, take cover before it is too late! dem nigerians can blow gramma hia!
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2011
And dudes here were saying 'Its a lie', 'Under the bridge how', 'I passed and didnt see anything' etc Bloody Voltrons.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by bigfat01: 11:45am On Dec 31, 2011
i think it is a lie, it is preparation scene for a yoruba movie called (ghetto hood- season 2 part 7),
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by deda(m): 11:45am On Dec 31, 2011
for d 1st time in a longtime, i am reacting to a post. it shows hw battered our minds are b4 we can blive any story in naija. until a pix of a bloody scene is shown no one seems to blive u anymore.

@poster poster, thanks for going the xtra mile to proof all doubtin thomases wrong.
to all those who didnt blive the story at 1st, shame 2 u.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by tunnytox(m): 11:47am On Dec 31, 2011
chromoTop:

bigfat01, Nigerian fools believe nothing ubtil they see pictures of burnt human beings undecided you got to understand that the language this forum understands is pictures of bombed and dismembered Nigerians.
wait a while and you will see another fire-spitting attack on Fashola, Boko Haram, GEJ etc.

There was a thread yesterday about a Nairalander who helped a dying woman in Oshodi many posters were criticising the poster for posting the pictures of the woman forgetting that Nigerian never believe anything until they see pictures.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by chromoTop: 11:48am On Dec 31, 2011
bigfat01:

i think it is  a lie,  it is preparation scene for a yoruba movie called (ghetto hood- season 2 part 7),
yeah sitting in the US and Europe waiting for your pictures to upload on our smart phones can be really relaxing grin. 21st century bo.foons ! Nigerians always leading grin grin
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by chromoTop: 11:53am On Dec 31, 2011
tunnytox:

There was a thread yesterday about a Nairalander who helped a dying woman in Oshodi many posters were criticising the poster for posting the pictures of the woman forgetting that Nigerian never believe anything until they see pictures.
yeah, the guy regretted taking those pictures. now no pictures still she is a liar. I can only conclude that anyone calling you a liar out of the blue is probably a liar himself/herself. wink
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by kizito96(m): 11:55am On Dec 31, 2011
Most people have no business coming to Lagos. Life is now better in the country side, i don't know the rush to Lagos just to be a nuisance.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Adrian008(f): 11:56am On Dec 31, 2011
Just coming from there. Those of you expecting to see this while passing by will not. This is inside a nearly unmotorable Okobaba, and this isn't the first incident. I saw the flames last night, but it was too late to check {for a girl at least} and I wasn't expecting this. Considering how large the flames from the last fire incident was, when I saw this, I thought it was probably some area boys burning tires until I saw this thread. Something similar happened sometime last year too {I can't really remember when exactly}. I don't know when these guys would learn. The entire Okobaba neighborhood is a carpentry neighborhood, their "sand" is actually sawdust, and yet they use stoves and lanterns on them. RIP to the lost lives though.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by tunnytox(m): 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2011
kizito96:

Most people have no business coming to Lagos. Life is now better in the country side, i don't know the rush to Lagos just to be a nuisance.

You're very right! I don't understand the rush for Lagos by everyone.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Switup: 12:13pm On Dec 31, 2011
I neva knew we had som PHYSCOTICS on NL. How pathetic. Lik a day or so a gud-hearted NLder saved a lady and showed photos, wat happened then? Som group of ill-mannered sadists almost hung dat Gees on casava stem. In d present anoda gud guy has divulged an info and wat bladadash did som hoodlums rant out of their vocal cavity? Nonsense! Absolute nonsense.*hissis*
@poster i duff ma hat u. Mor cuddles to ur elbow
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by bigfat01: 12:13pm On Dec 31, 2011
ONLY 3 PEOPLE DEAD at least beta than boko haram bombings  .ONLY 3 NIGERIANS DEAD,
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by IbroSaunks(m): 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2011
bigfat01:

ONLY 3 PEOPLE DEAD at least beta than boko haram bombings  .ONLY 3 NIGERIANS DEAD,
only
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Olumogun: 12:49pm On Dec 31, 2011
bigfat01:

Only 3 lives were lost .

so, loosing 3 people is not a serious thing
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by norrisman: 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2011
Is that a burnt out body I see in the last picture? And the fools in Nigeria keep saying Nigeria go better blah blah blah. The OP reported this fire at arounf midnight last night and he went there at 1000 this morning and was still able to take the picture of a dead body,  omase o!

I bet kobojunkie and her cohorts feel like complete idiots. I was too tired to reply yesterday but I think the woman Kobojunkie must suffer from some mental issues otherwise she wouldnt expect any sensibe person living in Nigeria to leave the relative comfort of their home to go and take pictures of a fire in the 'hood' at midnight. I think she has been away from home too long.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by bigfat01: 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2011
people thought i was kidding and joking before now you believe abi,

Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by IbroSaunks(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2011
Olumogun:

so, loosing 3 people is not a serious thing
i was wondering the same thing, boko haram has made many people not value human life again.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by member67023: 1:19pm On Dec 31, 2011
After these pictures from the OP, some folks will still be asking for a link or website that captured the video of the fire outbreak. LOL.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Adrian008(f): 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2011
i was wondering the same thing, boko haram has made many people not value human life again.

Soon, even human ritualists would say same.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2011
@Poster, learn from me, if i were u, i wont update pics, late them talk
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 31, 2011
People were not supposed to live there in the first place. I opine that Lagos needs to be de-conjested. The homeless should move to cheaper states or back home to their villages and be farmers
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by marvel10: 1:41pm On Dec 31, 2011
It is amazing that only one poster saw what looks like the burnt corpse of a baby? The last pic! I hope that it is not the case. How sad that anybody, let alone 3 people lost their lives. I am also saddened why Nigerians confuse ignorance with poverty. If that is the case, why is it that in Nigeria, the poorest can recite holy books back to front? It is a case of misplaced priorities.

Fashola MUST impliment an internal immigration service to Lagos. If you are not bringing any added value like with Canada or Australia, stay where you are. The place is brimming with hoodlums, Okada driver apprentices just when area boys got jobs on BRT. Enough is enough! Have you looked at the lake or whatever it is by Unilag? There is a huge community of tin houses on the water. There is the issue of pollution and they need to go.

Lagos is a bloody eyesore and not worth the amount of taxes the government demand, as it looks like a ghetto. They should clear this carnage and provide affordable housing for the employed. You give an estate to unemployed and it will look like Dolphin Estate. Fire or no fire, they should stop building shanty towns everywhere. If you allow them, they will do it in Banana Island. Nigerians have no regards for law and take this unruly act around the world to the detriment of others.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by dustydee: 1:44pm On Dec 31, 2011
well done poster for going the extra mile. What are the authorities doing to evacuate the dead. That picture is graphic.
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by marvel10: 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2011
Last pic in #32
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by philip0906(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2011
marvel10:

It is amazing that only one poster saw what looks like the burnt corpse of a baby? The last pic! I hope that it is not the case. How sad that anybody, let alone 3 people lost their lives. I am also saddened why Nigerians confuse ignorance with poverty. If that is the case, why is it that in Nigeria, the poorest can recite holy books back to front? It is a case of misplaced priorities.

Fashola MUST impliment an internal immigration service to Lagos. If you are not bringing any added value like with Canada or Australia, stay where you are. The place is brimming with hoodlums, Okada driver apprentices just when area boys got jobs on BRT. Enough is enough! Have you looked at the lake or whatever it is by Unilag? There is a huge community of tin houses on the water. There is the issue of pollution and they need to go.

Lagos is a bloody eyesore and not worth the amount of taxes the government demand, as it looks like a ghetto. They should clear this carnage and provide affordable housing for the employed. You give an estate to unemployed and it will look like Dolphin Estate. Fire or no fire, they should stop building shanty towns everywhere. If you allow them, they will do it in Banana Island. Nigerians have no regards for law and take this unruly act around the world to the detriment of others.
What da hell is wrong with Nigerians?So every shanty town in Lagos is inhabited by non-indigenes?So every Lagosian is living above 1 dollar a day or above d poverty line?Wat d'u expect 4rm a country wher over 70% of its populace live under a dollar a day or doesn't that stats include Lagos? SMH. .
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by chelseabmw(m): 2:52pm On Dec 31, 2011
Modafucking nairalanders. . . . picture nko ebute metta ni
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by atasteve: 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2011
Brf address these issues under our bridges. Please you need to sustain what you strated
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by tlops(m): 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2011
cry
Re: Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge by EkoIle1: 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2011
There are so many clear and present dangers in lagos state and I don't know why the government is ignoring these dangers.

You still have to protect the poor and homeless from themselves.  When you allow such living standards, you endanger thesame people and other lagosians. It's painfully obvious that there is not enough accomdations for every nigerian trooping into lagos everyday and lagos can't not solve our national economic problems and other shortcomings.

Youjust can't not let peoples keep building all these shanties and deplorable existence all over the place, they're are obviously endangering themselves and other lagosians.

The 3MB is a critical infrastructure to millions of lagosians and from the damage done to that bridge, they'll have to spend some money on structural assessments and repairs.

Our lakes and lagoons are polluted with human and animal waste, you see feces floating everywhere creating health hazards like hepatitis and other communicable ailments.

Something just got to give or we suffer unimaginable calamities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" / See Why Dele Momodu Blocked Me From His Twitter Handle [photo Illustration] / Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.