Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article (7062 Views)

Shame To Womanhood, See What A Black Woman Posted On Facebook / The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. / Flogging Your Partners Younger Ones? : How Appropriate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 07, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-836027.0.html#msg9869889

[size=13pt]HAHAHHAHHAAAAA!!!  grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy  A HOT MESS!!!!![/size]
but it's not just blacks. if you've seen an episode of 'Toddlers and tiaras' you would have
TRULY seen it all!!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

anyway my bf who is African to the core!!  grin despises weave.
and i am natural (i do have permed hair tho but it's mine) so he's happy.  smiley
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by Nobody: 4:07am On Jan 07, 2012
^^^ I only watched toddlers and tiara once and never bothered to watch it again. How can that amount of makeup be used on kids and the hair? WTF
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by denzel2009: 4:10am On Jan 07, 2012
jennykadry:

^^^ I only watched toddlers and tiara once and never bothered to watch it again. How can that amount of makeup be used on kids and the hair? WTF

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by Nobody: 4:20am On Jan 07, 2012
So if all the guys here are saying they prefer a natural look, why do black women wear weaves? Because it's not for the guys, if I'm speaking for myself. I see wearing a weave as changing my hairstyle, the same way we used to change our hairstyles in school from shuku to thread to patewo, lol. I mean today I could have a weave and tomorrow it is braided or I have it in an afro or pack it into a puff puff bun.

big_bumper:

Huh, you expect me to read all these and watch the whole video just to find out about the black women's hair wey nor dey grow pass 3cm in its entirety angry You must be joking angry angry

Don't tell me your hair can't grow pass 3cm. Hahaha you are one of those people that have armpit hair growing on their heads instead of reaaaallll hair? grin grin No wonder jealousy wants to kill you. tongue
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by bigbumper(f): 10:11am On Jan 16, 2012
^^^
stillwater:

So if all the guys here are saying they prefer a natural look, why do black women wear weaves? Because it's not for the guys, if I'm speaking for myself. I see wearing a weave as changing my hairstyle, the same way we used to change our hairstyles in school from shuku to thread to patewo, lol. I mean today I could have a weave and tomorrow it is braided or I have it in an afro or pack it into a puff puff bun.

Don't tell me your hair can't grow pass 3cm. Hahaha you are one of those people that have armpit hair growing on their heads instead of reaaaallll hair? grin grin No wonder jealousy wants to kill you. tongue

Funny enough i be one of those hair-miss-road people, with too much hair than to know what to do with it, i hack it all off 3 months later its back to shoulder length, dem send am ni! I pity the thing sef, lol. Some peeps see me and comment that they have never seen my real hair and immediately get corrected by others that "didn't they see the big ol' fro i was rocking that's its all mine" . . .Thank God i just discovered children's hair products, works wonders and if i don't come the thing for 3 days sef, all it needs is one drop of baby shampoo and i am good to go.

I find most talks about female grooming tedious and toe-curlingly boring, lol. Dunno if its cos I am a tomboy or cos I grew up with 3 Sisters who till date spends one hour bathing and two hours creaming their body, and sees nothing wrong in spending hours dissecting the intricasies of Human hair, lipstick, perfumes, etc, and did I mention they still do all this and more till date, arggghhh Dem go buy me foundation or lipstick or sommat and barely a month later would start asking if it is finished and they should buy another one, whaaaat, am I supposed to eat the thing, jeez angry cheesy
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by Switup: 9:28pm On Jan 17, 2012
halllloooooo BB LTNT(long time no talk. Hpe all'z cooking well in ur area??
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by MrsSiena1(f): 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2012
I absofreakylutely love weaves, love love love it and I also love natural hair recently I had 'gorinmapa' didnt know I could pull it off but I did and lots of my friends wished they could be brave enough to cut their hair that low and I have rough curls on but that doesnt mean I dont like weaves or extension, I wear them for me and my husby loves both my natural look and unnatural look. Women should go with what works for them
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by bigbumper(f): 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2012
Swit up:

halllloooooo BB LTNT(long time no talk. Hpe all'z cooking well in your area??

Hiya Switz, whats up? Hope you are cool babe kiss kiss
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by Switup: 10:08pm On Jan 17, 2012
@BIG-BUMBER[b]cool Dats an understatement. With you by ma side am flamzin all da way (((hugs)))[/b]
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by bigbumper(f): 11:49pm On Jan 17, 2012
Swit up:

@BIG-BUMBER[b]cool Dats an understatement. With you by ma side am flamzin all da way (((hugs)))[/b]

Awww (((hugs))) to you too kiss Yay welcome on board as my sidekick, but hope you would not be bored sha, because as una see me so, i have never ever been banned, not even by spambot, i never derail any threads, i obey all NL rules religiously, i am peaceful, calm, gentle, and so on and so forth tongue I can see you are Godsent sha, so maybe you will be able to draw me outta my shell one day tongue cheesy
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 18, 2012
coogar:

personally, i prefer a very low cut for a woman or something like baby curls.
if she cannot do that, she should plait it the traditional way.

all those weaves, dirty attachments and coloured braids are hideous to my eyeballs.
some black women look like depraved vampires in them.

You are not the only one o, i swear. I have seen some women and 'ojuju calabar is what comes to mind'.

Rocking short hair and loving it.
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by cfours: 2:22am On Feb 23, 2012
The dilemma is two-fold. . . black men (I speak for myself) do not like weaves, but also do not like nappy hair (except the woman has the look to pull it off).

God bless you for your honesty.
the same hair grows on your head you know? and you wonder why women wear weaves. duh because men prefer the weave to her natural nappy hair.
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by moremi2008(m): 6:24am On Feb 23, 2012
I really don't care what the girl's hair looks like as long as it's pretty and not traditional plaiting or low-cut! angry angry angry So I guess I prefer processed straight hair/weaves or whatever. I absolutely HATE dreadlocks! Oh, and I also hate any type of hair that isn't black. Colored weaves are a no-no-no!
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 23, 2012
moremi2008:

I really don't care what the girl's hair looks like as long as it's pretty and not traditional plaiting or low-cut! angry angry angry So I guess I prefer processed straight hair/weaves or whatever. I absolutely HATE dreadlocks! Oh, and I also hate any type of hair that isn't black. Colored weaves are a no-no-no!

So i guess the woman is left with weaves then? grin

I personally hate weaves. I think they smell. undecided Would end up washing my pillows constantly out of paranoia.
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by moremi2008(m): 7:56am On Feb 23, 2012
davidylan:

So i guess the woman is left with weaves then? grin

I personally hate weaves. I think they smell. undecided Would end up washing my pillows constantly out of paranoia.

There is also the option of braiding. Weaves smell only if the lady has had it on for too long. Either way, I make her wear a hairnet. I can't stand oily hair on my face while we're getting down.
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by moHot(f): 2:04pm On Feb 23, 2012
with the comments i have seen so far i think its better a woman make whatever hairstyle she feels comfortable with. Be it weaves,braids or natural but moderation is the keyword.
what is good for mr. A may not be good for mr . B
presently am rocking SUKU OLOGEDE. and am sooooooo loving it yeah grin grin grin grin
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by cfours: 2:16am On Feb 24, 2012
moHot:

presently am rocking SUKU OLOGEDE. and am sooooooo loving it yeah grin grin grin grin

lol. village girl tongue

[img]http://3.bp..com/_5JmbO3H6JWI/TUDltH8opzI/AAAAAAAAAbU/XKVhTd-0erw/s400/Shuku%2BDidi%2Bstyle.jpg[/img]
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by armyofone(m): 2:43am On Feb 24, 2012
i don't like that shuku there grin
i can manage shuku ipako sha
but shuku elede as above, i'd leave that to coogar and david as sub for their hating weaves.
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by cfours: 3:15am On Feb 24, 2012
^ how do you get your hair done in the army though? that's one question I'm wondering about.
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by armyofone(m): 5:00am On Feb 24, 2012
you can do any style as long as you pack it in a bun there are limits to how long.

i can have weaves to my but.t but must be in bun for work wink.
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by moHot(f): 11:39am On Feb 27, 2012
c.fours:

lol. village girl tongue

[img]http://3.bp..com/_5JmbO3H6JWI/TUDltH8opzI/AAAAAAAAAbU/XKVhTd-0erw/s400/Shuku%2BDidi%2Bstyle.jpg[/img]

you should also try it you know, it will bring out your beauty grin wink tongue
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by Busybody2(f): 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2012
c.fours:

lol. village girl  tongue

armyofone:

i don't like that shuku there  grin
i can manage shuku ipako sha
but shuku elede as above, i'd leave that to coogar and david as sub for their hating weaves.

Jisos, all i can say is that a very very very jealous and paranoid insecure man must have designed this hairstyle for his wife shocked Even if packed on the "ogo" and "ipako" it is still vomit inducingly fugly, yuck, what an eyesore tongue
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by denzel2009: 1:04pm On Feb 27, 2012
Busy_body:

Jisos, all i can say is that a very very very jealous and paranoid insecure man must have designed this hairstyle for his wife shocked Even if packed on the "ogo" and "ipako" it is still vomit inducingly fugly, yuck, what an eyesore tongue

come on big bumper bumper it is beautiful.
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by Busybody2(f): 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^^ grin

Yeah right the delectable one, what is the difference between this and those Olumba Olumba style whereby the whole head is shaved off leaving just a small patch with 3 strands sticking out from the top cheesy

Always assumed you'd be in your early twenties so how come you like this sight for sore eyes abi you be one of dem old brains in a young body, chai
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by denzel2009: 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2012
Busy_body:

^^^ grin

Yeah right the delectable one, what is the difference between this and those Olumba Olumba style whereby the whole head is shaved off leaving just a small patch with 3 strands sticking out from the top cheesy

Always assumed you'd be in your early twenties so how come you like this sight for sore eyes abi you be one of dem old brains in a young body, chai

so you want to compare this natural hair plaits to the indian pub[i]e[/i]s you girls attach to your head?

Adedeeee, you'll be surprised I'm older than you wink
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by Busybody2(f): 3:20pm On Feb 27, 2012
denzel2009:

so you want to compare this natural hair plaits to the indian pub[i]e[/i]s you girls attach to your head?

Adedeeee, you'll be surprised I'm older than you wink

Come off it joo, this "natural" abi stone age hairstyle is worwor joo, then there is that koroba one too yikes, chai, you men try to dey toast women like that back in the days oh, lol.

Ehn, impossicant, my firstborn daughter is 39 years old and my second Idowuogbo is 38.5 years whilst the third and last born Mukina2 is 32 years old, and na 29 girls pere i born oh.

yeah i know, na dem papa sagamite rush me like that cos he wanted a heir to carry on his name but as his alabo-ara self nor get chromosome Y gene, how we for take do cheesy
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by denzel2009: 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^^Ok accepted.

Anyway, when are we going to collabo?

That jenny no dey look my area again I don free am
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by Busybody2(f): 3:47pm On Feb 27, 2012
denzel2009:

^^^Ok accepted.

Anyway, when are we going to collabo?

That jenny no dey look my area again I don free am

You free am abi na my baba dibia blind am make she nor see road as far as you are concerned, dem tell you say I be good samaritan wey like to share ko, mschewww grin
Re: The Black Woman's Hair- What Do Your Partners Think? Please This Article by denzel2009: 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2012
Busy_body:

You free am abi na my baba dibia blind am make she nor see road as far as you are concerned, dem tell you say I be good samaritan wey like to share ko, mschewww grin
As if nothing will come out of my own nozzle. . . . that why its called joint efforts - collaboration! wink cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Challenges Of Marrying A Single Mom / My Husband Of Less Than A 1yr Of Marriage Has Changed / My Wife Is No Longer Attractive Because She’s Gotten Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.