Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

What Is The Fuss About Blackberry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is The Fuss About Blackberry (2470 Views)

All To Know About Blackberry's Android Powered Device Called "Priv" / What Will You Miss About Blackberry / What's The Fuss About Killing Phone Calls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by Lakulos(m): 6:01pm On Dec 31, 2011
I dont understand why Nigerians are so crazy about blackberry,correct me if i am wrng but i feel the only special feature that blackberry phones have is the blackberry messenger nothing more.If you have a blackberry in Nigeria then people see you as a big person,what is so special about the phone,can anybody help me out here?
Re: What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by kelz88(f): 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2011
Nothing special about it.

You can still chat with your friends on whatsapp,yahoo messenger, etc.

If anything, bbm is annoying.
Re: What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 31, 2011
it is because you don't have it yet. Try BB today and you shall testify to the power of technology
Re: What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 01, 2012
it's services are cheaper across board
Re: What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by cupid4ig(m): 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2012
Just buy the phone use it for one month if u don't enjoy it come back and tell. Me. It is the best phone for social life. Do u ever ask ur self why celebrities use BB? (Not becus it makes them big cos they are already big) but they use it cos it makes their work easier. Imagine wen someone sent u email in real time u get it immediately and reply if need be. U can attach pics, documents just as computer. U have a friend that use bb and u are in the market u want to show him or her something all u need to do is snap the thing and send the pic tro bbm and the person gets it immediately. Go to ur social feed and stay up to date with current news as it happens. Instead of wasting credit calling friends askin where are what u doing how u doing u can stay connected 24/7 with bbm just ping them wen u want to talk. U can send voice not if the person want to hear ur voice. So many thing to do with BB. I know we abuse it in naija but trust me its the best for for social people. All for 1400 or lesser. But use NOKIA and check how much u spend in a month on browsing and then compair. I hated BB b4 until I started using it. And right now my NOKIA n97 and c5 are just resting in my drawer doing nothing cos its a waste of money. The only thing I can do with them now is 2go
Re: What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by drogba(m): 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2012
the major advantage in using bb is the cheap compressed data. There are numerous worthy alternatives to bbm for other phone brands
Re: What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by dragnet: 5:02pm On Jan 11, 2012
cupid4ig:

Just buy the phone use it for one month if u don't enjoy it come back and tell. Me. It is the best phone for social life. Do u ever ask your self why celebrities use BB? (Not becus it makes them big cos they are already big) but they use it cos it makes their work easier. Imagine wen[b][s] someone sent u email in real time u get it immediately and reply if need be. U can attach pics, documents just as computer. U have a friend that use bb and u are in the market u want to show him or her something all u need to do is snap the thing and send the pic tro bbm and the person gets it immediately. Go to your social feed and stay up to date with current news as it happens. Instead of wasting credit calling friends askin where are what u doing how u doing u can stay connected 24/7 with bbm just ping them wen u want to talk. U can send voice not if the person want to hear your voice.[/s][/b] So many thing to do with BB. I know we abuse it in naija but trust me its the best for for social people. All for 1400 or lesser. But use NOKIA and check how much u spend in a month on browsing and then compair. I hated BB b4 until I started using it. And right now my NOKIA n97 and c5 are just resting in my drawer doing nothing cos its a waste of money. The only thing I can do with them now is 2go
stop ranting abt the instant mail,attachment et al
Nokia can do all these and more !, and don't start telling me to go get a bb cus I'm posting this with one, the bb got many flaws which I'm not ready to enumerate. . . The only reason I use it is cus of the tariff discrimination by our service providers.
Re: What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by dragnet: 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2012
TEXZLEM:

it is because you don't have it yet. Try BB today and you shall testify to the power of technology

What power of technology is displayed in bb eh?
Then what do you have to say abt the htc's et iphones ?
Re: What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by Bossman(m): 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2012
Instant mail is definitely not an advantage. Any smartphone will do the same thing. The BB PIN which allows folks to send msgs to each other freely, is the ONLY advantage. And this is a big plus in a country like Nigeria, where mobile phone rates are still a little high, compared to rates in developed countries. There are apps out there, as already mentioned, that are quickly eliminating this advantage the BB has though. The Imessage on IOs5 is another example. The BB is pretty much dead in the western world (Only businesses use it), however it's still a major deal in the developing nations.
Re: What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by drogba(m): 10:28pm On Jan 11, 2012
I eventually had to buy a  because of the data discrimination. Bbm was not even amongst the reasons but the fact that I can get unlimited downloads on it via a cheap plan of 3k monthly. That's what swayed me since I download more than 100GB monthly and couldn't find any plan in that category.
Re: What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by TrollKiller(m): 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
I laugh in Burundi
BlackBerry way don be nonsense now
Re: What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by saint2ace(m): 3:01pm On Feb 09, 2020
TrollKiller:

I laugh in Burundi
BlackBerry way don be nonsense now

I hope u realise u're quoting a mention made in 2011 when blackberry still had an impressive market share wink wink
Re: What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by TrollKiller(m): 3:02pm On Feb 09, 2020
saint2ace:

I hope u realise u're quoting a mention made in 2011 when blackberry still had an impressive market share wink wink
That is why I'm laughing
Re: What Is The Fuss About Blackberry by saint2ace(m): 3:08pm On Feb 09, 2020
TrollKiller:

That is why I'm laughing

Good to hear grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Watch And Setup Live Tv On Kodi Free On Mtn / Top 8 Apps That Will Root Any Android Device Without PC 2016 / Advice On Infinix Hot 4 Battery Capacity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.