Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 (5495 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu To Become APGA Leader / Awolowo Asked Ojukwu To Be Open And Forthright . But Ojukwu Was Trying To Do Wuru Wuru Backroom Deals / Ojukwu To Be Buried In American Gold Casket –bianca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by mukina2: 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2011
Abuja-(NAN) The 40-man committee for the burial of Odumegwu-Ojukwu has  fixed  Feb. 3, 2012  as the date for the burial of the late Ikemba of Nnewi.

Sen. Uche Chukwumerije, the Deputy Chairman of the committee, disclosed this at a news conference in Abuja on Saturday.

Ojukwu died on Nov. 26 in London after a protracted illness.

Chukwumerije said the internment ceremonies would commence on Jan. 30, 2012, with the arrival of the remains of Dim Odumegwu-Ojukwu from London.

He said the internment activities would last for 12 days, terminating on Feb. 10, 2012.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/ojukwu-for-burial-feb-3/
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by NegroNtns(m): 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2011
meeen, put that rascal in the soil now!! angry angry
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by kokoA(m): 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2011
Is his 'manhood' finally dead? grin
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by AndreUweh(m): 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2011
I look forward to attending the burial on 3rd Feb. Ikemba, May your Soul rest in peace.
I wish to use this medium to thank Umuigbo Katholic Community, U.K for all those visits and prayers for Ikemba at Reading, Berkshire.
Thanks also to the stroke consultants who worked round the clock treating Ikemba. To the Philippino nurses and other nurses, domestic staff at that Unit, God bless you all.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by NegroNtns(m): 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2011
Yeah Andre I join you in wishing him a restful death but how crazy an idea that umuigbo choose my birthday to put him in ground. Sink him into his grave now. Whats the wait for? This is pathetic!! angry
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by chino11(m): 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2011
Ikemba lives on. May his soul rest in peace.

Andre Uweh, plan in advance because Anambra will be filled with visitors during the scheduled dates. Dalu.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by AndreUweh(m): 8:19pm On Dec 31, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Yeah Andre I join you in wishing him a restful death but how crazy an idea that umuigbo choose my birthday to put him in ground. Sink him into his grave now. Whats the wait for? This is pathetic!! angry
Negro stop it please, you are not known for this sort of stupidity. I know those who acts as such. Or do you want to join them?. Stop it, you are more than that.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 31, 2011
Where is the venue so i can mobilize some boko haram boys to come and bomb his expired remains.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by NegroNtns(m): 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2011
Una no want ridicule on Ojukwu but you sabi yab other people leaders.  You see how it feels? Next time umuigbo talk about Yoruba leader I go remind you of this day.

Next time you address me you put Chief before Negro.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by NegroNtns(m): 8:31pm On Dec 31, 2011
Andre, you owe Yoruba people kolanuts for peace.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2011
chino11:

Ikemba lives on.

You mean his manhood lives on? This must be a kind of scientific puzzle!
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by bros1234(m): 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2011
Bluetoot and Negro, may ur souls (that is if you have any) rest in piece. shocked

Ikemba, Good Morning!
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by member479760: 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2011
The man tried to be Igbo leader but, just take Buhari with you!
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by ShangoThor(m): 8:52pm On Dec 31, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Yeah Andre I join you in wishing him a restful death but how crazy an idea that umuigbo choose my birthday to put him in ground.  Sink him into his grave now.  Whats the wait for?  This is pathetic!! angry

Please leave them be, whatever the grievance is.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by freecocoa(f): 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2011
I'll definitely be there live with my dad.
Ikemba na n'udo,nwoke eji eme onu.
Though you are gone,your legacy lives on.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by eksammy(m): 9:32pm On Dec 31, 2011
Eze Igbo gburu - gburu, Laa nke Oma! You are one of the greatest,
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by T8ksy(m): 9:42pm On Dec 31, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Where is the venue so i can mobilize some boko haram boys to come and bomb his expired remains.

grin grin man, you bad o!!!

Aigbofa:

You mean his manhood lives on? This must be a kind of scientific puzzle!

Which manhood lives on? Are you referring to the one that hasn't raised a head in the last decade? No wonder his young bride turned into a "village bike". Even Obj had a go but would only used his "cuban cigar" on the washed-out harlot.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by AndreUweh(m): 9:49pm On Dec 31, 2011
eksammy:

Eze Igbo gburu - gburu, Laa nke Oma! You are one of the greatest,
Amen & Amen.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by AndreUweh(m): 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Andre, you owe Yoruba people kolanuts for peace.
I have always had good relationship with the Yorubas. My senior secondary education up till uni was in Yorubaland.
Come this January, I will be attending a wedding of a very good friend of mine and a Yoruba boy. Venue is all saints church Old Bodija Ibadan North.
Most Yorubas I know do not speak ill of Ojukwu.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by ak47mann(m): 10:15pm On Dec 31, 2011
Andre Uweh:

I have always had good relationship with the Yorubas. My senior secondary education up till uni was in Yorubaland.
Come this January, I will be attending a wedding of a very good friend of mine and a Yoruba boy. Venue is all saints church Old Bodija Ibadan North.
Most Yorubas I know do not speak ill of Ojukwu.
true cool coolonly on cyber cafe wink
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by AndreUweh(m): 10:20pm On Dec 31, 2011
ak47mann:

true cool coolonly on cyber cafe wink
One Yoruba friend of mine has a photograph of Ojukwu as his lappy screensaver. Some Yoruba chaps who talk ill of Ojukwu in nairaland I suppose, are the school drop-outs.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by ak47mann(m): 10:29pm On Dec 31, 2011
Andre Uweh:

One Yoruba friend of mine has a photograph of Ojukwu as his lappy screensaver. Some Yoruba chaps who talk ill of Ojukwu in nairaland I suppose, are the school drop-outs.
i guess right cool
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 31, 2011
Andre Uweh:

All of a sudden, you all have Yoruba friends who never spoke ill of Ojukwu, lucky you. How I wish I had an ibo friend who never spoke ill of Awolowo!
This Yoruba love wan tin tin na wah o.
What is going on? Is there something I'm missing?
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 31, 2011
Aigbofa:

All of a sudden, you all have Yoruba friends who never spoke ill of Ojukwu, lucky you. How I wish I had an ibo friend who never spoke ill of Awolowo!

Not really,its only ibo spare part sellers that speak ill of Awolowo.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Not really,its only ibo spare part sellers that speak ill of Awolowo.

I think it is the holiday spirit. I mean spirit as in alcohol.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by Onlytruth(m): 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Maybe, maybe not.
Most Yoruba that I know don't wear their true feelings out like most Igbos do.
You need to dig a little deeper constantly before you get to that.
Nothing wrong with those feelings, just that we should know that they may be there, even in friends.
That Prof Aluko guy proved the same thing.
Ojukwu would say the same thing you are saying now, about his friend Aluko too while he was alive, but look at what the man is saying now that he is dead. Onye obuna mulukwa anya ka azu o.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by aljharem3: 10:58pm On Dec 31, 2011
Bluetooth, aigoifa

^^^^ you people should give it a rest really.

Ojukwu is a hero to some people and as such we should have the decency enough to keep shut if we don't have anything better to say about ojukwu.

we really should join hands are reduce bigotry on NL.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by AndreUweh(m): 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2011
Aigbofa:

Aigbofa, you are a goodman. No need to fight. This is an attempt to pay a last respect to a fallen Nigerian hero. In the fast approaching 2011, there should be no quarrels between Igbo and Yoruba. If you notice any Yoruba making trouble, tell him off. If any Igbo upsets you, politely report him to Onlytruth from Jan 2nd.
The late Ikemba never hated Yorubas and there is no need for any Yoruba not to wish him well even in death.
To all the Yorubas, Ndigbo, Itsekiris, Eguns, Urhobos, Tivs, Hausas, Kanuris, Ogonis, Efiks, Nupes etc, happy new year in advance.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by AndreUweh(m): 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2011
alj_harem:

Bluetooth, aigoifa

^^^^ you people should give it a rest really.

Ojukwu is a hero to some people and as such we should have the decency enough to keep shut if we don't have anything better to say about ojukwu.

Alh Uche my brother, it shall be well with you. Happy new year. Onlytruth starts work from 2nd Jan, please report to him any part that annoys you about Ndigbo online. Please do not fight any of them.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by Onlytruth(m): 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2011
Andre, anubeghikwa m olu gi.
Gini mere?
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by isalegan2: 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2011
alj_harem:

I agree with you.  This issue of inter-tribal enmity on Nairaland has been broached so many times.  With no solution in sight.  IMHO, the buck stops with the owner(s).

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-716693.0.html#msg8749975
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 3rd 2012 by aljharem3: 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2011
isale_gan2:

I agree with you.  This issue of inter-tribal enmity on Nairaland has been broached so many times.  With no solution in sight.  IMHO, the buck stops with the owner(s).

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-716693.0.html#msg8749975

true talk isale gan

happy new year in advance kiss kiss kiss E ku odun tuntun grin grin cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 / Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition / What Killed This Man? Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.