Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! (19401 Views)

There Are No Political Killings In Rivers, Only Cult Clashes – Wike / FG Moves To Check Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes / Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by NegroNtns(m): 12:27am On Jan 01, 2012
Sopona abi na Sango fire your yansh, adire funfun like you.
All those kiriji and Oyo and ijesha wars wey una don dey fight since 1800 till today. Una no dey tire? Una don teach Igbo people bad thing too much.

Im going to keep my word. . . its new year eve and no cursing for me tonight or tomorrow either.  check back with me on Monday.  

Its adiye! . . . but you try sha.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by SirJohn(m): 12:30am On Jan 01, 2012
God help us,  I was caught in the middle of this fight in 2010, heres my story:

SirJohn:

MY TESTIMONY (SNATCHED FROM THE FANGS OF DEATH)

It was nearly midday on Friday the 19th of February 2010, I set out on a journey along with my driver and a contractor from Enugu to Ebonyi state via the Enugu-Abakaliki expressway. It was just like every other day; nice sunny and bright weather, and all that filled my thoughts was how to complete my mission in Ebontyi state and head back to base. We cruised down the expressway completely oblivious of what lay ahead of us.

The journey from Enugu to Abakaliki is about one hour thirty minutes (1hr30mins) and just thirty minutes into our journey, we had to stop at a town called nkalagu. There were no vehicles coming from the opposite direction and all vehicles going in our direction had all stopped, in fact, there was a sea of vehicles all around. Just as I was about to figure out why all the vehicles had stopped going any further, I looked and saw what seemed like a mass exodus: people fleeing from their community on foot carrying their belongings on their head. Men, women, children, several hundreds of them all looking petrified.

At this point I came out of the vehicle to find out what exactly was going on, I inquired from a bus driver who told me that there has been an ongoing communal clash between two clans and that it had taken a deadly dimension. They said armed youths and militants have been unleashing terror on unsuspecting innocent passersby., infact several had been killed.

I got back into the vehicle and told my driver to turn back since it was dangerous to go any further. just as he was about to do that, two police armored personnel carriers (APC) and five white Toyota hilux trucks fully loaded with armed mobile policemen came from the opposite direction (where we were initially headed) and told everyone to follow them that there was no cause for alarm.
One of the APC's then turned and headed for Abakaliki, some of the commercial bus drivers happily followed it. A little moment after we decided to start heading back to Enugu, I changed my mind and asked my driver to follow the second APC which was just about turning as well to join the first one.

We turned back quick enough to be just immediately behind the APC and also just behind us were the five Toyota hilux trucks with mobile policemen, we were in a white Mitsubishi L200 truck which was similar to what the policemen had so it looked like a police convoy.
When we got to the trouble zone, I looked in amazement as one of the buses which followed the first APC had been attacked from behind by the armed militants just before we got there; right then I knew something was wrong.

we continued moving until we were approached by a 911 lorry, the lorry conductor jumped down from the lorry and tried to signal the APC in front of us to stop, at the same time, he was pointing into the bush. Almost immediately, about fifteen to twenty armed fierce looking guys came out of the bush all armed with AK 47 rifles, shotguns, cutlasses and charms. They wanted to barricade the road but stopped and all stood fearlessly by the side of the road; at this time, the APC in front of us stopped and so did every other vehicle behind us. Everywhere became as quiet as a graveyard for about fifteen seconds, then all of a sudden, one mobile policeman behind us opened fire (I guess at the gunmen). What followed is difficult for me to describe, in fact, the guardian newspaper put it this way:

"So ferocious was the fight on one particular day, that the works minister, Alhaji Hassan Lawal and his entourage were forced to abort their planned visit and run back to Enugu as the sound of assault rifles reverberated and billows smoke rose into the skies from the fighting"

My brethren, I was in the midst of this ferocious battle; the gunmen opened fire at us and all I heard was rat tat tat tat! I dont know how my driver maneuvered and escaped the scene but the pictures below tell what happened thereafter.

The APC in front of me (shown in the picture by the left) was seriously damaged, the five Toyota hilux trucks behind me were completely burnt, several policemen and civilians were killed on the spot. . . it could have been me but I was pulled out of the midst of it all.
Praise God!!
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 01, 2012
Ejiné:

The gully erosion thing is only chiefly prominent in Anambra, Abia, Imo (western), and some parts of Enugu.
Guy, Ebonyi is not what you think it is. Far from it! From the huge salt deposits at its river banks to the extremely fertile land (like Benue), that place is a massive economic goldmine that is unfortunately wasting away! Their only problem be say people no too send them in terms of urbanization. Cuz if it actually had a governor with an IQ atleast above 14, that state would be feeding a decent percentage of this country with ease.
Just add a single agricultural factory in there and watch things fall in place.

I know this thing a recurring crisis.what is the state government doing about and thanks for your decent contribution unlike that buffon mai chara that refused to address the issue at hand.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Nchara: 12:41am On Jan 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Im going to keep my word. . . its new year eve and no cursing for me tonight or tomorrow either.  check back with me on Monday.  

Its adiye! . . . but you try sha.

LOL! Who cares what it is. That one na human language.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by manny4life(m): 4:33am On Jan 01, 2012
Nchara and Bluetooth,

Haba, can the both of you just bury it? Tribal/ethnic clashing has been known to both sides, can we all just get past it and discuss what is at hand? Seriously, do you guys ever get tired of your tribal bashing? Please, let's be tolerant of each other, Happy new year to yall.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by ak47mann(m): 4:56am On Jan 01, 2012
Am not saying it to defend the people of ebony state, but i think this incident,the killers came from outside,i reserves my comment at the moment. When you look at the the killing pattern,you will see that the tactics they use was the same as in middle-belt,they are trying to drag this to all out war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool cool cool
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Lasinoh: 5:08am On Jan 01, 2012
ak47mann:

Am not saying it to defend the people of ebony state, but i think this incident,the killers came from outside,i reserves my comment at the moment. When you look at the the killing pattern,you will see that the tactics they use was the same as in middle-belt,they are trying to drag this to all out war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool cool cool

Mu he he he he he
Are Ojukwu's unification powers failing your Igbotic nation again?
Please, don't bury him yet o.
He has not led his people to the Promised Land of Biafra yet.
He still has work to do.
So Boko Haram has been phocking and impregnating Igbo women in Ebonyi State huh? grin
Who are all these almajiris of  Eastern Nigeria?
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by ak47mann(m): 5:10am On Jan 01, 2012
Lasinoh:

Mu he he he he he

Is Ojukwu's unification powers failing your Igbotic nation again?
Please, don't bury him yet o.
He has not led his people to the Promised Land of Biafra yet.
He still has work to do.
So Boko Haram has been phocking and impregnating Igbo women in Ebonyi State huh? grin
Who are all these almajiris of Eastern Nigeria?
blazay!!what is your own?look at you,running around the whole place like a featherless chicken,you no dey tire?hmmmmmmm!!!!
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Lasinoh: 5:13am On Jan 01, 2012
ak47mann:

blazay!!what is your own?look at you,running around the whole place like a featherless chicken,you no dey tire?hmmmmmmm!!!!

Please, answer me.
Tire for wetin. . . ?
I ask again. . .who gave birth to all those outsiders? tongue
Or have Ebonyi men been sleeping with their gatemen's wives? grin
Sooooooooo Ebonyi women have been screwing Boko Haram warriors huh?
Their children have come to claim back the land.
Please, show us more pictures of 'ishi ewus'! wink
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 01, 2012
They should not clash o.

They should be working together for a united Biafra, to be honest.

Just because Ojukwu has departed does not mean they should take knives against themselves o.

In this decade, I've yet to read about Ondos killing Ekitis o.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by manny4life(m): 5:25am On Jan 01, 2012
@ak47mann,

Please leave Blazay alone, she's on her annual rollover period so I do not blame her.  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Attacking Ojukwu and Biafra all day, her time clock is ticking, so please give her the benefit of the doubt. grin grin grin
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by ak47mann(m): 5:27am On Jan 01, 2012
Lasinoh:

Please, answer me.
Tire for wetin. . . ?
I ask again. . .who gave birth to all those outsiders? tongue
Or have Ebonyi men been sleeping with their gatemen's wives? grin
Sooooooooo Ebonyi women have been screwing Boko Haram warriors huh?
Their children have come to claim back the land.
Please, show us more pictures of 'ishi ewus'! wink
i don't no about that!!but i know that ebony got boundries with benue state,and their are some fulanis living in ebony for more than 400 years,

So fu.ccking abokis wives;i dont know, you can explain better,ishan woman una too trouble,i use to bleep one before cheesy anyway  you know this is going to be out war yeah?when we start we will chase them back to borno state some will end up in Mali.

Thank for wishing BIAFRANS good wishes,cos this is what they are waiting for. cool
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Lasinoh: 5:30am On Jan 01, 2012
manny4life:

@ak47mann,

Please leave Blazay alone, she's on her annual rollover period so I do not blame her.  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Attacking Ojukwu and Biafra all day, her time clock is ticking, so please give her the benefit of the doubt. grin grin grin

I miss you guys on the Ojukwu thread. . .I can't get enough. Please, come back there let is 'dis-cuss'! kiss

2011 was for Yoruba boys. . .2012 is for Igbo boys on NL. . .

Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Lasinoh: 5:37am On Jan 01, 2012
ak47mann:

i don't no about that!!but i know that ebony got boundries with benue state,and their are some fulanis living in ebony for more than 400 years,

So fu.ccking abokis wives;i dont know, you can explain better,ishan woman una too trouble,i use to bleep one before cheesy anyway  you know this is going to be out war yeah?when we start we will chase them back to borno state some will end up in Mali.

Thank for wishing BIAFRANS good wishes,cos this is what they are waiting for. cool

So an Ishan woman has sucked you dry of your moomooscious akumu huh?
No wonder you are running around with sagging kpanla-looking blokos!
You nefa recover I see. . . sweet memories.

We all make mistakes you know. . .the best teachers are mistakes, not experience. We are all older and wiser now abi? wink
YOU MEAN FULANIS HAVE LIVED IN EBONYI STATE FOR OVER 400 YEARS?
Greaaaaaaaaaaaat ONE NIYEERIA! grin
No single episode of Boko Haram until now? shocked
Interesting!
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by manny4life(m): 5:37am On Jan 01, 2012
Lasinoh:

I miss you guys on the Ojukwu thread. . .I can't get enough. Please, come back there let is 'dis-cuss'! kiss

2011 was for Yoruba boys. . .2012 is for Igbo boys on NL. . .

You miss us on that thread? Tufiakwa, it shall never become, if they sent you, tell them you did not see me

Why would I succumb to your tactics? That thread was to honor our Great leader, why would I aid you in turning it to a baseless argument platform? I have respect for myself as well as my people, so the best is to ignore you as well as everything that comes out of your mouth.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by ak47mann(m): 5:42am On Jan 01, 2012
Lasinoh:

So an Ishan woman has sucked you dry of your moomooscious akumu huh?
No wonder you are running around with sagging kpanla-looking blokos!

[b]We all make mistakes you know. . .the best teachers. [/b]We are all older and wiser now abi? wink
YOU MEAN FULANIS HAVE LIVED IN EBONYI STATE FOR OVER 400 YEARS?
Greaaaaaaaaaaaat ONE NIYEERIA! grin
No single episode of Boko Haram until now? shocked
Interesting!
hahahhahahahahahaha ohhhhhhhhh grin grin grin
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by ak47mann(m): 5:44am On Jan 01, 2012
No, an ishan woman had suck my long sweet prick,and she went crazy cool
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Lasinoh: 5:46am On Jan 01, 2012
manny4life:

You miss us on that thread? Tufiakwa, it shall never become, if they sent you, tell them you did not see me

Why would I succumb to your tactics? That thread was to honor our Great leader, why would I aid you in turning it to a baseless argument platform? I have respect for myself as well as my people, so the best is to ignore you as well as everything that comes out of your mouth.

What a gentleman. . . I am blushing at such a rare display of Eastern Chivalry!
Too bad your rustic charm could not rub off the famous Abia-Hi-5 gang of Youtube rap-ists huh?

Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Lasinoh: 5:50am On Jan 01, 2012
ak47mann:

No, an ishan woman had suck my long sweet prick,and she went crazy cool

To pay for a pair of "Aba Na Anya'' pair of jeans no doubt from Onitsha market. You must have been a teenager left to manage your Oga's store for sure. Have you measured the bum equipment lately. . .I mean since THAT last time it was sucked by that Ishan 5 year-old?

Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by ak47mann(m): 5:58am On Jan 01, 2012
Lasinoh:

[b]To pay for a pair of "Aba Na Anya'' pair of jeans no doubt from Onitsha market. You must have been a teenager left to manage your Oga's store for sure. [/b]Have you measured the bum equipment lately. . .I mean since THAT last time it was sucked by that Ishan 5 year-old? cheesy
grin grin what a joke!! you sound like a local woman cheesy you will no better,so tell me which teenager you dey suck him prick when you small grin grin chie see you,you are basically telling me you don dey suck prick from small,you try,;at list you are letting it out sad
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by ektbear: 6:26am On Jan 01, 2012
lmao grin ya'll killin me
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Lasinoh: 6:28am On Jan 01, 2012
ak47mann:

grin grin what a joke!! you sound like a local woman cheesy you will no better,so tell me which teenager you dey suck him prick when you small grin grin chie see you,you are basically telling me you don dey suck prick from small,you try,;at list you are letting it out sad

Sit year suck Nairaland.
30 minutes to midnight. . .I gato go and shine some congo into 2012.
My man is waiting with a lot of booze. . . .see you in exactly 12 hours. . . after I have sucked the real thing and rested my mouth.
Time to drink beta HOT AKAMU for this cold weda!
Ta ta!

Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by manny4life(m): 6:33am On Jan 01, 2012
Lasinoh:

Sit year suck Nairaland.
30 minutes to midnight. . .I gato go and shine some congo into 2012.
My man is waiting with a lot of booze. . . .see you in exactly 12 hours. . . after I have sucked the real thing and rested my mouth.
Time to drink beta HOT AKAMU for this cold weda!
Ta ta!

Yeah, time to go, pack your sh.it up and go suck the fake thing grin grin grin grin I hope it doesn't overwhelm you, shoot
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Nadanbata: 6:58am On Jan 01, 2012
Hausa/Fulani muslims its them. They are the sole probelm of Naija Abeg mr GEJ split the damn country. cool cool cool
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Nadanbata: 7:01am On Jan 01, 2012
At least 50 people have been killed in eastern Nigeria in clashes between rival ethnic groups, officials said.

A government spokesman said the violence in the state of Ebonyi took place between the Ezza and Ezilo peoples due to a land dispute.

Dozens of riot policeman have been deployed to the area, officials said.

The attacks came hours after a state of emergency was declared in parts of the country due to an unrelated spate of attacks by Islamist group Boko Haram.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16376582
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by kaboninc(m): 8:34am On Jan 01, 2012
When a fool speaks and you reply the fool, what will the society say you are? Why not leave the fools to reply themselves? Ethnic bigots!
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 01, 2012
boundary disputes are all over nigeria/africa.that person who derailed the thread by insulting the entire igbo tribe needs psychiatric treatment.if this thread cant stay without been derailed with tribal stupiiiidity,then its better to forget about this discussion.
@ nchara,
learn to ignore some of these silly comments made by some sick people.you are not the only one that sees their posts.so ignore them.
When you fight/quarell with a mad man,who will notice the difference between you and the mad man?
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 01, 2012
The Igbos from time immemorial had been known to wage wars and kill many because of land disputes. But I wish they can understand that land is not worth killing each other for. Who will farm the land or develop when they fight the wars. I know of a particular region in Abia that wage full scale on wars on their tribal people of Ukwa, now those Ukwa people are split into Cross river state even when they speak igbo. Imagine been hated by your tribal men and you now belong to another state who wont develop your clan because you are igbo and not efik and your fellow Igbos are at war over land, yet this land has not been farmed over a 50 yr people because the communities are in cold war that ignites every now and then. Ebonyi's should learn from history and stop killing each other. If its Hausa that kills 50 igbos, they will be so much tension, now fellow igbos are decimating their tribe.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by dvee2: 9:13am On Jan 01, 2012
wow!wow! cry my beloveth country. i want to give up on Nigeria when i read this kind of stuff. But i am encouraged by my friend Seyi who just married an Igbo girl despite stunch extended family resistant and they are extremely happy together with one child. I am also encouraged by an Alhaji who just gave his house for free to a widowed Igbo victim of fire. Obora is very instrumental to Abdul current graduate education status. these are the average Nigerians that will make this union work.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by samstels: 9:14am On Jan 01, 2012
@Nchara,my brother u are very much in order ,bluetoot was hasty in his call for state of emergency by jonathan ,it simply shows his biased and haters mind towards the ibos ,in as much as no body supports ethnic violence we should also learn to be reasonable and eschew tribalism if we must remain one nigeria ,but the bitter truth is that a typical yoruba man has this deep hatred for ibos , reason? ;I don't know .
Nchara ,I support u full time ,only time shall tell.igbo nile ekeleem n'afo ohuru 2012.yagazie !!!
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 01, 2012
Infact this killings killings i hear on Nl, im beginning to doubt it! do this ppl mean  aliens or human like me just die like that! no!
none of the news is been recorded one death, two death, even dozens instead 40s 50s.  something must be wrong with the statistics/news.
Re: Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! by member479760: 9:23am On Jan 01, 2012
and his dead and rotten body continue to unit them, topic say Ebonyi, they are about Yoruba clashes which is no new thing. The Yoruba empire emerged as a result of war among them but with something common (ohun ife)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Paid N5000 Each For Lagos Walk- PDP / My Critics Will Eat Their Words, Oyegun Replies Akande. / Buhari Arrives Abuja After Anti-corruption Summit In London(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.