Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,579 members, 7,816,428 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej (15547 Views)

I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes, Says Buhari / See What A Mother Did To Her Child Because She Was Slow To Get Ready For School / Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by gokuu(m): 2:36am On Jan 02, 2012
Vital Medix Inc
News Headlines
I’m slow to avoid mistakes - Jonathan

| Print | E-mail

Written by Leon Usigbe, Abuja Monday, 02 January 2012

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan, on Sunday, gave insight into why his administration appears to be slow to react to issues, saying that he takes his time to avoid costly mistakes.

He said during the New Year Service at the First Baptist Church, Garki, Abuja, that since he realised that any wrong move could be costly for the well-being of Nigerians, he needed to be sure of the steps he was taking.

“When I’m challenged I think more; I don’t rush to take decisions. I listen more to people. That is why, at times, it looks as if I’m slow. I also know that when people rush to take decisions, they also make a lot of mistakes. A lot of people only celebrate their successes and not their mistakes,” he said.

The president called for more prayers for the country to overcome its challenges in 2012, even as he assured that the New Year “is the year of turning point in Nigeria’s history.”

Jonathan, who regretted that in spite of the fact that Nigeria gained its independence 51 years ago but was lagging behind its contemporaries in development was confident that in 2012 “collectively we will change history. When you compare Nigeria to other nations, Nigeria is not moving fast enough.”

He added: “I promise we will work with all Nigerians to see how things can be done differently. We have our challenges and that is where the devil comes in and put roadblocks.

“So I assure this congregation that we will work with all Nigerians in 2012, because this is a new government, not completely new because I was the vice-president of the former government before I took over to complete the four years. But the government [for which] I contested an election really promised Nigerians a lot of things and in 2012, we are going to start with a fresh budget.

“The budget I took over from in 2011 was a transitional budget. This is the first budget that will be built on our vision and commitment for this country and God willing, we will follow it to the letter. And with your cooperation and prayers, this country will begin to witness things differently.

“The journey will be tough, it’s not going to be too painful anyway, because I also know that leaders who bring pain on the people always end up badly. Leaders who think they are so powerful always end up badly and no leader will want to be seen as one who brought pain to the people.

“We are all writing our history. Whatever you sow as a leader, even if you are dead and gone, the story will be told how you brought pain on the people, so nobody will bring pains on Nigerians.

“So, our commitment is that by May 29, 2015, Nigerians will look back and say we made the right choice by voting for people who have done well for us. Because we have also looked at the elections. Our court processes have affirmed that it was an election all of you worked for: The first time we will conduct election with minimal controversies.

“Of course there were crises but we knew why they came up. It was not because of the elections.”

The president explained the difference between the 2007 and the 2011 elections, noting that while there was division among court judges over the 2007 election, the Appeal and Supreme Court judges were unanimous in the fair conduct of the 2011 elections.

“They said our opponents had no case. That shows clearly Nigerians voted for us. The people put us there and in the next three years, we must satisfy the people. There will be no excuse not to satisfy the people. So, that this your vision “my year of blessings” will come to pass,” he said.

In his sermon, Senior Pastor of the First Baptist Church, Reverend Israel Adelani Akanji, urged Nigerians to forget the past because God would do new things in their lives and in the country.
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by gokuu(m): 2:44am On Jan 02, 2012
OH! so he knows he is slow?
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by Nadanbata: 2:47am On Jan 02, 2012
lol @ GEJ. See the abuse he was getting on twitter? cool cool cool
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by Lasinoh: 3:02am On Jan 02, 2012
Just stop at 'slow'.
No need to add another letter after it! cheesy
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by CyberG: 5:35am On Jan 02, 2012
Goatluck Jonathan is slow because is TOO daft and dead-brained! No other reason. . .I dey laff OOO!
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by Gboliwe: 6:06am On Jan 02, 2012
May God grant you wisdom and courage to make these decisions and avoid pitfalls.
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by doctokwus: 9:31am On Jan 02, 2012
Is it sth he shd b proud of?BTW his slowness did not extend to fuel subsidy removal,it has bn probably d fastest critical decision taken by any nigerian govt.Slow indeed,d guy simply is not capable upstairs.
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by Timmy321(m): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2012
GEJ. God will punish you. For you have made the mistake that you, your children, your children's children will live to regret. Nonsense. Armed rubber. JONATHAN MUST GO! JONATHAN MUST GO!! JONATHAT MUST GO!!!
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 02, 2012
Timmy321:

GEJ. God will punish you. For you have made the mistake that you, your children, your children's children will live to regret. Nonsense. Armed rubber. JONATHAN MUST GO! JONATHAN MUST GO!! JONATHAT MUST GO!!!
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by calipso(m): 9:50am On Jan 02, 2012
i better stop reading this coz am getting real time upset,

this whole statement as far as am concern is rubbish

GEJ has taken the only benefit the poor masses have by removing fuel subsidy.

though am not surprise coz human govt cannot bring solution to mankind problems
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by eghost247(m): 9:53am On Jan 02, 2012
[size=15pt]wish him all the best from the look of things he has a lot of things to prove and don't think any other president has been more criticized than this man [/size]
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 02, 2012
CyberG:

Goatluck Jonathan is slow because is TOO daft and dead-brained! No other reason. . .I dey laff OOO!

Convince me that you have a better brain

Timmy321:

GEJ. God will punish you. For you have made the mistake that you, your children, your children's children will live to regret.  Nonsense. Armed rubber. JONATHAN MUST GO! JONATHAN MUST GO!! JONATHAT MUST GO!!!

Go where and why? for choosing to subsidize production instead of consumption or having the balls to take tough decisions or for discourage waste? Ghana removed fuel subsidy 3 weeks ago, did you hear any noise from Ghana? Great country dont just happen, they are made from hard decisions!
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by OLASODE2K: 10:00am On Jan 02, 2012
if u take too long to take a decision, u simply not taking any decisions just avoiding one.
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by Pain(m): 10:04am On Jan 02, 2012
May thy enemies be faster than you. Amen
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by anishe(m): 10:04am On Jan 02, 2012
Mumu
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by ajanaku2(m): 10:04am On Jan 02, 2012
Goodluck has the Brain of a Bag of Garri!
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by omokidew: 10:05am On Jan 02, 2012
Any Government policy on oil whether subsidy,deregulation or what ever shit i dont understand will always be perfect for a nation.The two prominent things that make things go wrong is corruption and greed.

Even at the current price,fuel price in Nigeria is still low compared to prices in the US and UK
Subsidy or No Subsidy,the problem with Naija is leadership.
It would make more sense if protests were staged to drag incompetent leaders out of office than protest against economic measures.

Its time we drag down our over paid senators and other government officials who wants to live an American lifestyle even though our GDP is less than 1% of America's GDP,

‎1) One barrel of Crude oil = 42gallons or
159 litres

, 2) Our Refineries (i.e 4) Installed
(combined) capacity = 445,000
, barrels per day

3) Actual refineries capacity due to
ageing equipment = 30% i.e. 133,500
barrels per day
4) . . 133,500 barrels = 21.2 million litres

5) Local required consumption (F.O.S) =
12millions litres

6) It means that even our MORIBOND
refineries can actually meet our local
consumption need of petroleum.

7) The cost structure of crude oil (i.e.
Qua Iboe Crude Oil) production;
- Findings / development - $3.5
- Production cost - $1.5
- Refining Cost - $12.6
- Pipeline/transportation - $1.5
- Distr/bridging fund Margin -$15.69

cool True cost of one litre of petroleum
anywhere in Nigeria;
- Total sum cost = $34.8
- 1ltr cost = $34.8/159 litres = $0.219
- Naira equiv. 0.219xN160= N35.02k
- Add Tax N5 + N35.02 = N40.02

9) Let FGN refute the above composition
and if not, they should tell us how
they came about N65/litre.

10) Locally refined products cannot be
sold at International price.

11) We really do not need FGN SUBSIDY
as there was NONE in the first place.

12) What is LACKING, is the WILL to
enforce LAW ON CORRUPTION.

We still stand a chance as a COUNTRY.
Analysis done by Professor Tam David West, former Petroleum Minister.
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by Konnektions146(m): 10:09am On Jan 02, 2012
omokidew:

Any Government policy on oil whether subsidy,deregulation or what ever poo i dont understand will always be perfect for a nation.The two prominent things that make things go wrong is corruption and greed.

Even at the current price,fuel price in Nigeria is still low compared to prices in the US and UK
Subsidy or No Subsidy,the problem with Naija is leadership.
It would make more sense if protests were staged to drag incompetent leaders out of office than protest against economic measures.

Its time we drag down our over paid senators and other government officials who wants to live an American lifestyle even though our GDP is less than 1% of America's GDP,

‎1) One barrel of Crude oil = 42gallons or
159 litres

, 2) Our Refineries (i.e 4) Installed
(combined) capacity = 445,000
, barrels per day

3) Actual refineries capacity due to
ageing equipment = 30% i.e. 133,500
barrels per day
4) . . 133,500 barrels = 21.2 million litres

5) Local required consumption (F.O.S) =
12millions litres

6) It means that even our MORIBOND
refineries can actually meet our local
consumption need of petroleum.

7) The cost structure of crude oil (i.e.
Qua Iboe Crude Oil) production;
- Findings / development - $3.5
- Production cost - $1.5
- Refining Cost - $12.6
- Pipeline/transportation - $1.5
- Distr/bridging fund Margin -$15.69

cool True cost of one litre of petroleum
anywhere in Nigeria;
- Total sum cost = $34.8
- 1ltr cost = $34.8/159 litres = $0.219
- Naira equiv. 0.219xN160= N35.02k
- Add Tax N5 + N35.02 = N40.02

9) Let FGN refute the above composition
and if not, they should tell us how
they came about N65/litre.

10) Locally refined products cannot be
sold at International price.

11) We really do not need FGN SUBSIDY
as there was NONE in the first place.

12) What is LACKING, is the WILL to
enforce LAW ON CORRUPTION.

We still stand a chance as a COUNTRY.
Analysis done by Professor Tam David West, former Petroleum Minister.

hope this analysis aint true?
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by expert555: 10:11am On Jan 02, 2012
Please let's take it easy on this man his is only human and consciously aware he is from minority group he will need to carry a lot of people along. Nigeria affair have been hijack by minority greedy bastards which have Notting to do with him. He probably did not want to starts building refineries with sdubsidies in place because he is convinced these powerful bastard are going to sobatage the effort and billions will waisted the way OBJ's 16 billion dollar on power sector went.
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by ogbongzky(m): 10:15am On Jan 02, 2012
People Deceiving People, Mtchew***
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by omokidew: 10:15am On Jan 02, 2012
Where can i get a good bicycle . Any recommendations ?.
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by safarigirl(f): 10:23am On Jan 02, 2012
^^ thank God someone is thinking forward here. The subsidy has been removed ǡŋ₫ all the raving ǡŋ₫ ranting won't change anything

My guy dem dey sell bicycle for Nyanya in Abuja, very good ǡŋ₫ best ☺₣ ÄŁĻ it doesn't need fuel just occasssional oiling

It's self contain ǡŋ₫ runs on V8 engine.

Buy while stocks are affordable.
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by maclatunji: 10:24am On Jan 02, 2012
I make good decisions really quickly. Mr. President you are a slow thinker, have you heard of the expression: "thinking on your feet"?
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by freecocoa(f): 10:25am On Jan 02, 2012
Lasinoh:

Just stop at 'slow'.
No need to add another letter after it! cheesy
I must add poke to it,its not complete at just slow.

@Topic,I swear jonathan is a slowpoke no doubt,he has confirmed it himself. "The devil put rooadblocks," this man is really an hediot. I still keep saying it,I wonder what I'd have done to myself had I voted for him. What a blind mumu.
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by OLASODE2K: 10:27am On Jan 02, 2012
even if u take a century to do some real thinking it doesnt ensure u would make less mistakes what it means is that by the time u are ready to act the challenge confronting overgrown ur capability to tackle it and worse, ur final decision would have been greatly diluted with bad advice from ppl who wish u to fail. am i sure, as the chief security officer of the country, he wouldnt have lifted a hand against boko haram if his own personal security hasnt been greatly been at risk even inside aso rock. too sad our security is been entrusted to the least decisive nigerian care. if cameroun and france invade nigeria today, our president would be thinking of a casualty-free military response and would only be forced to order the army to retaliate just after abuja is surrounded?
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by real4life: 10:29am On Jan 02, 2012
omokidew:

Where can i get a good bicycle . Any recommendations ?.

Suppose you got a bicycle how will you use it? Are there bicycle lanes in the city you live? Is there parking space at your office for bicycles? How safe is it to ride bicycles where you live? With the law banning motorcycle in some cities do you think bicycles would be tolerated?

Anyway happy new year
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by IYANGBALI: 10:30am On Jan 02, 2012
Mr President your own pass slow,you are dull,dumb and you simply lack focus,simply put you were not cut for this job. tongue
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by Sike(m): 10:31am On Jan 02, 2012
I swear 9ja don enter dis 1 chance already.
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 02, 2012
See people cursing oderinde,are you not the ones that voted for him ? E ti ri nken nken.una go suffer die.
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by ignis: 10:36am On Jan 02, 2012
A snail would soon start giving useless reasons why it is slow.
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by Foyanmun: 10:39am On Jan 02, 2012
'
'A lot of people only celebrate their successes and not their mistakes”

What does he mean by this sentence? Why should anyone celebrate mistakes? Does this man truly has a Phd?
Re: I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej by gokuu(m): 10:41am On Jan 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

See people cursing oderinde,are you not the ones that voted for him ? E ti ri nken nken.una go suffer die.
Must you always return to this issue?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki Will Decide If Kwara PDP Can Join APC - Governor Ahmed / Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security / Buhari Conferred With Equatorial Guinea's Highest National Honour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.