Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! (117874 Views)

Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by kayodedavid(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hmmm...#passingby#
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by justwise(m): 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
Lets go back to the purpose of this thread, i can see that its heading towards slag-off match now.

Please enough.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Bigaunty1(f): 6:43pm On Jun 20, 2013
hi everyone, i and my sister are interested in studying Bsc biotechnology and electrical electronics engineering respectively,please kindly advise on the universities to apply in,intake periods tuition e.t.c
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by justwise(m): 8:58am On Jun 21, 2013
justwise: Lets go back to the purpose of this thread, i can see that its heading towards slag-off match now.

Please enough.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by justwise(m): 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
@jennykadry

Lets give it a break, this will not help this thread. Please.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2013
justwise: @jennykadry

Lets give it a break, this will not help this thread. Please.

Ok i will let it go, it's because of you oo,
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
Anybody need help with Australian visa?? You know where to find me cheesy
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by celebchic: 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hi everyone, stumbled upon this thread while trying to find out about getting into Switzerland. I am a Nigerian currently in my Final year in the University of Ghana, Legon. I'm currently studying Finance and expect to finish with a first class degree.
I've been doing research on internships in switzerland, Geneva and Zurich to be precise. I've done all the necessary research, have a list of companies id like to work in, have some info about the average pay for interns and living expenses and all.
what i really want to know is if it'd be possible for a soon to be fresh graduate like myself, to actually get an internship in one of these big finance and commodity trading companies? what do you reckon my chances are? what can i do to increase my chances? and if by some miracle i do get in, how easy is it to save money from your salary?
I'm trying to save enough money to send myself for an MBA program at the Stanford University

Thanks in advance guys smiley
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Santino1(m): 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
celebchic: Hi everyone, stumbled upon this thread while trying to find out about getting into Switzerland. I am a Nigerian currently in my Final year in the University of Ghana, Legon. I'm currently studying Finance and expect to finish with a first class degree.
I've been doing research on internships in switzerland, Geneva and Zurich to be precise. I've done all the necessary research, have a list of companies id like to work in, have some info about the average pay for interns and living expenses and all.
what i really want to know is if it'd be possible for a soon to be fresh graduate like myself, to actually get an internship in one of these big finance and commodity trading companies? what do you reckon my chances are? what can i do to increase my chances? and if by some miracle i do get in, how easy is it to save money from your salary?
I'm trying to save enough money to send myself for an MBA program at the Stanford University

Thanks in advance guys smiley

Firstly, nothing is impossible. I actually know a few Nigerian graduate doing their internships in Switzerland eventhough all of them are from European universities. To be honest with you, your chances ain't so great (but that is my humble opinion) not because you are studying in Ghana but the Suisse immigration laws place so much limitations on non Schengen/EFTA/EU migrants that plan to work in Switzerland.

How to better your chances, well, there is no clear answer to that. You could start by applying to those said companies in Ghana ( if they are domiciled there) then seek a transfer to their Swiss branches.

Switzerland pays loads of money but the downside is that it is equally expensive to live in. It is totally up to you to find a balance in-between by prioritizing what are necessary from those that are luxurious.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by celebchic: 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
Thanks for the useful advice @santino1.
I will check which of the companies have branches or affiliates in Ghana or Nigeria and I will apply for summer jobs/internships and see how it goes from there.
Thanks again
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by 7070: 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
Dear Celebchic,
Sorry my detailed reply is coming later than promised..was out of town to take care of some pending issues..anyway,
Santino has given you valid advice but another approach will be to check these websites IAESTE.com and ERASMUS..they deal with students exhange and internships between different students in different parts of the world(it would only be possible if your current school in Ghana is a participating member)
With your commendable grades i am certain getting something deserving will be no problem,but as i also tell anyone interested in moving to Switzerland,do yourself a favor and learn the Local language of the region you will be based(Zurich=German,Geneve=French,Ticino=Italian)etc..
Best of Luck..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Crystal Service immigration Scam / The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.