Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! (22970 Views)

Fuel Sold 86 Naira Per Litre In Ekiti / The Subsidy Question: Fuel Will Sell For N40 A Litre - vanguard / Fuel Crisis : How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel At Your Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by SmashingM(f): 8:20am On Jan 03, 2012
How can you compare Nigeria to UK? What basis are you using? You should research well before posting because it's not a must to start a new topic.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by afinic001(m): 8:54am On Jan 03, 2012
May God punish everybody that wants to increase the suffering of Nigerians.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by marvel10: 9:02am On Jan 03, 2012
How can't you compare the UK to Nigeria? Our currencies once traded 1GBP to 1NGN. If we have mismanaged things to such an extent today, whose fault is it? Of course, the OP!
7 years ago, some Brazillians would have argued the same thing. But, look! Today their economy has overtaken that of the UK. They are not a bunch of tax evading, verbally abusive, unruly, intellectually and physically lazy magpies. If we exported abuse and binding, we would be the leading nation.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by whyman(m): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2012
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]Phresh Air Indeed!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Shokoloko(f): 9:11am On Jan 03, 2012
@ Marvel10 u r a fool. Nigeria is just 51 and the UK has existed as an empire for over 3 centuries. How dare anyone put them on the same pedestal.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by omniexprex: 9:14am On Jan 03, 2012
God save nigeria
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by chippyripp: 9:18am On Jan 03, 2012
@OP in Nigeria fuel is a basic commodity.How can you compare Nigeria to UK where Light is 24hrs,Metro(Train) system works.How often do you drive your car in UK.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Goodnessy: 9:29am On Jan 03, 2012
Poster Thor. I have not called anyone names here before but I am afraid that you must be an idiot or uninformed to be com paring these two countries. Nigeria is the only oil producing country that imports fuel. That is ridiculous, insane and unprecedented in the whole world. Things are not right.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by londoner: 9:35am On Jan 03, 2012
It looks like the petrol price in the UK is becoming too high for drivers too.

This was one of today's headlines, (even though its from the Mirror)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2012/01/03/sky-high-petrol-prices-forcing-drivers-off-the-road-115875-23675234/

I think because Nigeria does not have an efficient system of alternative transport, it will be harder than for a person in the UK to cope without a car.

The years of ineptitude towards the most basic of amenities is now biting Nigerians hard.

You can only get away with not doing what should be done for a while, thereafter the weaknesses will be tested.

There are alternatives that people can look at. One would be carpooling, also using the car sparingly. People could bulk buy so they take the car shopping once every two weeks or pool the car each weekly shopping day.

Nigerians could begin car clubs, as we already have in the west. Developing the habit of not leaving the engine running in traffic jams etc.

Walk/cycle more.

Share cars to go to Church/Mosque if you attend the same one with neighbours etc.

Trying to save money in other areas that are not as essential.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by freecocoa(f): 9:43am On Jan 03, 2012
Una still dey cuss op? Chei I'm sure the op dey hospital by now,the damages these insults and curses have caused surely needs a Doctor's attention.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by bc4love(m): 9:44am On Jan 03, 2012
U BE MUMU! U DEY SLEEP WITH MUMU & WAKE UP WITH MUMU. HOW DARE U COMPARE UK WITH NIGERIA, U THIS UNCIRCUMCISED PHILISTINE.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by fetedelamu: 10:13am On Jan 03, 2012
Mr Thor, you have by your uninformed statement committed a grievious offence against humanity punishable by 50years of poverty meted against you. Kindly explain why disciplinary action should not be taken against you. Your response should be submitted before close of business today. Be guided!
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 10:35am On Jan 03, 2012
It is so unwise 4 one to compare uk's economic state to nigeria's. They are far ahead of us in most aspects if not all, 4rm their per capita income, to unemployment rate, to poverty index. So pls debate on reasonable issues.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 03, 2012
Why cant thor come and reside in nigeria? I bet i will start crying if a teenager area boy for oshodi slap him to collect his luggage for road. Non sense
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by tp2cool: 10:51am On Jan 03, 2012
@poster; dont be so myopic. What's d employment rate in Naija, compared wit uk. What's d standard of living in both countries. Have never wondered why those of u who go over there and wash plates, etc, come back to naija and form big boy? U can not just perform a simple currency conversion, then say, "that's how much petrol should be sold."
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by FKseun(m): 10:51am On Jan 03, 2012
hmmm, some people just come online and type trash all in the name of supporting Goodluck Jonathan.  It obviously point to the fact that they are paid agents of government, OTINKPUS!!!

The Jonathan that could not achieve anything as governor of Bayelsa state IS NOW MANAGING THE AFFAIRS OF 160million people!  He is clueless and ball-less!
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Witi(m): 10:54am On Jan 03, 2012
U are a fool Poster, with regular Power Supply, Good Transport System, Efficient Corruption control mechanism, Social Welfare and so on, what do we have. U have loose touch with the reality of things in Nigeria angry angry angry
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by teeluv(m): 11:06am On Jan 03, 2012
men the person wey start the poster don enter one chance, wetin,

@ mr trueword, we'll remove fuel subsidy and then we will still borrow money from italy and china for projects, dont you think we are very sick,
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 03, 2012
i dont know y someone should just sit down and post something like this. comparing uk to nigeria
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by AVISENNA: 11:19am On Jan 03, 2012
I guess you must be writing your thesis on Subsidy removal.If you have a brain wave or lack what to say i suggest you just , h. Crude oil dey for United Kingdom?
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by 1025: 11:23am On Jan 03, 2012
In Nigeria you should think yourself lucky, the price of fuel in most other countries on the planet is already double that of Nigeria even with the increase!!!

Those of you wealthy enough to afford a car need to pay their way!

If petrol is not subsidized, what do you think they should subsidize in its place?

@op,
is uk an oil producing country? is there power problem in uk like here in nigeria? what makes u a less thinking human being is that in uk, fuel price is related to car owners but in nigeria, those who grind peper inside the market, vulcanizzers, okada riders, and practically every home with generating plants. how many corrupt politicians can you point to there in the uk? why are u in uk and not in nigeria? we are discussing nigeria without roads, medical facilities, no security, no schools and no steady power supply.
how many countries of this world have the type of oil we do without a refinery? how much does the president and prime minister of britain spend on food yearly compared to our president and vice N1B food budget?
get some facts before bringing in your foolishness to this forum.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by ayodele123(m): 11:28am On Jan 03, 2012
PMS cost N0.20kobo per litre in 1985 and the removal of fuel subsidies began in 1986 during the Babangida regime
Today it is N65 now increased to N150.00 per litre.
We are tired of,and fed up with the FG's usual, old and recycled stories and promises of palliative measures.
Where are the promised palliative measures since 1986?
There is no functional mass transit system in Nigeria, africa's largest oil producer.No functioning railway system in Nigeria.
It is in Nigeria that tomatoes, cows and onions have to be transported by road all the way from Kano and Sokoto to Lagos and other cities in the south and petrol,diesel and kerosene have to be transported from NNPC's depots in the South to far flung areas across the country, by road in tankers. It is very much annoying that after 50 years of independence,we are still in this mess as a nation. The problem is that of corruption and mismanagement of national resources.
It is not wrong to remove oil subsidies but the reason why we it is opposed in Nigeria is because the government has always failed to invest the proceeds in infrastructures that will impact on the common man. the economic condition of the average Nigerian has always progressively worsened.
Since 1986,when the removal of subsidies began,there has been no significant improvement in health care system.
In fact i recall November 2005,at Ijebu Ode General Hospital in the south of Nigeria when i visited an accident victim.The doctor prescribed a list of about 12 drugs for treatment.When we got to the hospital pharmacy unit,there was not a single drug in the list that was available despite having the money to pay for them. Even Paracetamol was not available. We had to buy the drugs from a pharmacy outside the hospital.Now,what kind of health care system is this in a country that is immensely rich and has oil resources?The money earned from the removal will end up being looted by the few which has always been the case since 1986.
The approved minimum wage of N18,000 is yet to be paid by many of the state governments in Nigeria, yet cost of PMS has increased over 100%.
Even the minimum wage affects only civil servants who are less than 1% of the entire populace.  So,who is the FGN fooling?
Yet we have World bank technocrats in charge of the economy.
The only hope for the common man  is the NLC which is the only forum that can mobilise Nigerians for an effective protest.
We hope that our goodluck will not turn to badluck!
This Oil wey we get sef, na goodluck or badluck so?
In a few years,there will be another fuel subsidy removal again. When will this end? Is there no permanent solution?
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by obetodun: 12:00pm On Jan 03, 2012
Has anyone gotten a working link or a copy of the [Brief on Fuel Subsidy: A Presentation By Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala]. It would be worthwhile to read this to better analyse the thinking of those at the helm of affairs in this country.

Please send the link or a copy of the document
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by kaykaybaba(m): 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
I try to argue logically on threads I bother to comment on, but people have recently been running their mouths more than usual on NL, I think they're ingesting extra doses of stup1d or something. I just came back here again to say to the OP: YOU, SIR, ARE A BUFFOON
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by muami(m): 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
If NLC wants us to believe that they have all the answers to Nigeria's problems, then I think the best example they can provide is to show us the wonders that Adams Oshiomole has performed in Edo state. Otherwise, they should keep quiet!
By the way, all the so called protests are in ACN controlled states so we know it is political and would not last
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by don33310(m): 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2012
They should pay Nigerians U.K Minimum wage and U.K infrastructures,with this Nigerians can pay #500 per/lit.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by don33310(m): 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2012
They should pay Nigerians U.K Minimum wage and U.K infrastructures,with this Nigerians can pay #500 per/lit.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Zenakoboko(m): 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ OP, you have to compare apple with apple not paw-paw, Nigeria is a 3rd world (maybe 4th or 5th sef!) west African country with an irresponsible government. Refineries are not working @ full capacity, 'Thus thieves' run the importation chain that has descended on our commonwealth (now termed petrol subsidy).

Btw, kindly answer the following questions truthfully:
Where do you stay in UK?

1. Do you drill boreholes in your private premises there?
2. Do you have a standby generator there?
3. How many times have you experienced a power outage there?
4. If yes to question 1, do you also need to run a generator to get water outta this private borehole too?

In Nigeria, we "live" the fuel (petrol or diesel), cos we need it to move (for our cars), to get water (from our boreholes), to see (electrical lighting) and of course to operate while sitting in-front of this computer (in our generators).
My dear, some of us have been out there too. This government lacks direction and is very insensitive. If they are in tune with the heartbeat of the people, they would face creating jobs, the BOKO HARAM menace and also think of ways to increase our local refining capacity.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by bobonaija1: 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
the poster and GEJ are idiots!
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by ade80: 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
marvel10:

How can't you compare the UK to Nigeria? Our currencies once traded 1GBP to 1NGN. If we have mismanaged things to such an extent today, whose fault is it? Of course, the OP!
7 years ago, some Brazillians would have argued the same thing. But, look! Today their economy has overtaken that of the UK. They are not a bunch of tax evading, verbally abusive, unruly, intellectually and physically lazy magpies. If we exported abuse and binding, we would be the leading nation.

you probably have light and don't run gen in UK,
you also use unleaded fuel as against the leaded fuel in nigeria
you have good medicals and free schools,
i spend as much money on my car as i do on my gen
so there is no basis for comparision
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ poster
You soon be deported! then u will knw u shldnt compare uk with nigeria!
Was dir subsidy removed under d same condition nigeria in presently?
You are a fool for the stupid and senseless comment u made!!
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by isalegan2: 2:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
freecocoa:

Una still dey cuss op? Chei I'm sure the op dey hospital by now,the damages these insults and curses have caused surely needs a Doctor's attention.

Not at all.  He's not yet bothered.  We need 10 more pages of real-life hardship tales and hard-hitting corrective responses from our people.  Maybe then his eyes can be opened.

Like this one:  grin grin grin

nikkykay:

@ poster
You soon  be deported! then u will knw u shldnt compare uk with nigeria!
Was dir subsidy removed under d same condition nigeria in presently?
You are a fool for the silly and senseless comment u made!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Lion Of The East By Femi Fani-Kayode: Nothing & No One Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu / ADC: It Will Be Difficult For Obasanjo To Remove Buhari From Office – Tony Momoh / ECOWAS Challenges Nigeria’s Border Closure, Sets Up Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.