Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal (10426 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2012
A group, Youth Alliance for the De regulation of the Downstream Oil Sector, has urged other Nigerian youths to embrace the removal of fuel subsidy which took effect on Sunday.

Addressing a news conference, in Abuja, on Monday, Mr Okechukwu Okorie, the coordinator of the group, urged Nigerian youths to avoid any form of protest as it would only lead to chaos in the already “tension-soaked country”.

“Information reaching us reveals that some of the major cabals that are benefiting from the fuel subsidy are busy organising some disgruntled youths for a protest march.

“We want to sound a note of warning that if any Nigerian youth comes out on the streets of Nigeria, we shall mobilise youths to counter any protest march.”

Okorie noted that the arguments for or against deregulation “are mainly from the high, mighty and the privileged” who are the only beneficiaries of fuel subsidy.

He said because the youths are the most affected by government policies, it was important to deregulate the sector to fund education, provide jobs and secure their lives.

Okorie urged the Federal Government to provide good transport system and other infrastructure to alleviate the sufferings of the people.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/33703-group-supports-fuel-subsidy-removal
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Rhino5dm: 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
Do you still wonder why only South Eastners are still supporting this fuel scam? Check them out even on Narialand. This is my personal observation.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2012
Maybe they should have removed just a little of the subsidy to fund a few important projects and not so much as is presently the case. Quite unfortunate.

Nigeria needs more money to build the infrastructure , improve security, repair roads etc. Where do we expect the governement to get this money from undecided
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

Do you still wonder why only South Eastners are still supporting this fuel scam? Check them out even on Narialand. This is my personal observation.

They are looking for presidency in 2015,so they must do the wish of the evil beast in aso rock.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by philip0906(m): 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
I'm an easterner but i must confess that we south easterners have issues attimes. . .c d lameduck supporting jona SMH
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
@rhino
no surprise with their support, classic case of misplaced priorities
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by dustydee: 1:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
Nigerians looking for a way to ride the hard times will form different groups. "Youths for proper implementation of subsidy funds", Saw one on Channels calling themselves youths for subsidy nonsense. Their leader didn't look like a youth at all.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Demdem(m): 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2012
This should be beaf's group. anyway, its allowed in a democracy.
however something keeps on troubling my mind:
Authur Nzeribe, Daniel kanu and now okechukwu Okerie. nawa ooo
i will leave it for the wise to decipher it.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2012
Demdem:

This should be beaf's group. anyway, its allowed in a democracy.
however something keeps on troubling my mind:
Authur Nzeribe, Daniel kanu and now okechukwu Okerie. nawa ooo
i will leave it for the wise to decipher it.

grin grin
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
What is all this talk about easterners.

We are all affected, but some of us think that a part ( small part ) of the subsidy should be removed , not as large a percentage as is currently the case.

Nigeria needs money, money and more money to sort out our gigantic problems !!

Nothing comes for free in live , only the lazy man thinks otherwise.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by maclatunji: 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2012
I watch them yesterday on NTA. A girl amongst them read a statement that seemed too heavily-worded for her grasp of English! They are a group of paid hungry wannabes.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by bilaya(m): 4:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

They are looking for presidency in 2015,so they must do the wish of the evil beast in aso rock.

Nairaland's number one tribalist.You couldn't resist.Anytime Igbos are mentioned,you jump in.Your hatred of Igbos has really shrunk your brain.Dumb bastard
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by stagger: 4:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
Yeah,

The dumb South Easterners voted GEJ in a landslide fashion. Now they are being used again, just like Daniel Kanu of YEAA!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
I'm Igbo and proud to be Igbo.  I really wonder why many of my kinsmen take pleasure in doing the hangman's job.  In 1993 it was ABN led by Arthur Nzeribe while Chukwumerije was the minister of 'mis'information. In 1996, it was late Kalu of YEAAA and now another Igbo man.  No wonder other parts of Nigeria see ndigbo as greedy no principled people.  It is pathetic.  This fight against fuel subsidy removal will definitely be won by we the masses of Nigeria.  The likes of what is that his name again, Uche? will bury their heads in shame.  Vox populi Vox Dei.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by omo9ja1(m): 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
mmm another dimension on fuel subsidy

Nigerian Youth vs GEJ Youth
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by doctokwus: 4:12pm On Jan 03, 2012
maclatunji:

I watch them yesterday on NTA. A girl amongst them read a statement that seemed too heavily-worded for her grasp of English! They are a group of paid hungry wannabes.
Watched them too.In their minds,d too suckers must av bn proud that they appeared on national television,but it will turn out to b d greatest misfortune that ever befell dem.Those two faces& their names will forever come to haunt them
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
FROSBEL AND YOUTHS EARNESTLY ASK FOR REMOVAL OF SUBSIDY

remeber daniel kanu also came from the SE  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

self shafters
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by bilaya(m): 4:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
oludyke:

I'm Igbo and proud to be Igbo.  I really wonder why many of my kinsmen take pleasure in doing the hangman's job.  In 1993 it was ABN led by Arthur Nzeribe while Chukwumerije was the minister of 'mis'information. In 1996, it was late Kalu of YEAAA and now another Igbo man.  No wonder other parts of Nigeria see ndigbo as greedy no principled people.  It is pathetic.  This fight against fuel subsidy removal will definitely be won by we the masses of Nigeria.  The likes of what is that his name again, Uche? will bury their heads in shame.  Vox populi Vox Dei.

Why are you hanging your own tribe just to appease tribalists like bluetooth?
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Knorkastur: 4:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by bodejohn(m): 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2012
maclatunji:

If they were actually rented to do that job, the person who brought them on must definitely be a retard.
I couldn't believe such low lives could be used to convince Nigerian youths.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 4:21pm On Jan 03, 2012
oludyke:

Nwannem I understand and believe when I tell you it is not doing Igbos any favour or what so ever

There is protest in

SW- Lagos, Oyo, Ogun

NW- kano, Sokoto

NE- Adamawa

NC- Kwara, Abuja, Nasarawa, beune, Kogi

SS- Rivers, Benin-city(edo) and bayelsa

SE- Infact they support it. I don't understand

It seems that SE politicians are enemy of progress and are not part of NLC (NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS)

This move would greatly affect any presidential ambition for the SE 2015. FACT !!!!

My brother, my advice for you is to live that SE region and travel to SS or SE or North to safe ur self from the hardship to come
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Demdem(m): 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2012
alj_harem:

Nwannem I understand and believe when I tell you it is not doing Igbos any favour or what so ever

There is protest in

SW- Lagos, Oyo, Ogun

NW- kano, Sokoto

NE- Adamawa

NC- Kwara, Abuja, Nasarawa, beune, Kogi

SS- Rivers, Benin-city(edo) and bayelsa

SE- Infact they support it. I don't understand

It seems that SE politicians are enemy of progress and are not part of NLC (NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS)

This move would greatly affect any presidential ambition for the SE 2015. FACT !!!!

My brother, my advice for you is to live that SE region and travel to SS or SE or North to safe your self from the hardship to come

Nothin seems to be going on in Rivers here.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
Demdem:

Nothin seems to be going on in Rivers here.

some are saying protest to soon begin in port harcourt

Please can you confirm smiley
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Demdem(m): 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2012
alj_harem:

some are saying protest to soon begin in port harcourt

Please can you confirm smiley

pls where and when will that be? i have to be there. still have no info. For now PH seems to be calm
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Sopono(m): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
If you hate the Igbos so much, you can hug the nearest transformer to you or you drink poison, I guess it will cure your hate. This is for all those that hate the Igbos.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2012
You all got it wrong, we (Igbo) are the cheapest tribe that can be bought over!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2012
Demdem:

pls where and when will that be? i have to be there. still have no info. For now PH seems to be calm

ah my brother once I am sure of the time and location, I would post it here.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2012
JayJohnson:

You all got it wrong, we (Igbo) are the cheapest tribe that can be bought over!! grin grin grin grin grin

Bros, Igbos are not cheap. This is the time to act that you have a mind of ur own and cannot be brought over any how. It has nothing to do with ethnicity but the untold hardship to come.

Pure water in Akoka not is 20 Naira from 5 naira.

Orobo (50ml) cola which use to be 50 naira is not 150 naira
angry
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by talktrue1(m): 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
Goatluck adminisration cannot afford money for the fuel subsidy but they can afford bribe to buy people to support this ugly propsal
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2012
JayJohnson:

It's true.we all remember how chukumerije and co dined and wined with ibb.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by TRUTHTELA: 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Alj_Harem, yea, you all should protest and reap the benefit of your protest when Govt. reverse to the old price in all the regions, except SE. Typical of Nigerians, they will will not focus on PROTEST & SUBSIDY Issues, they will been pointing a ROTTEN finger on the wrong side, whoever is in POWER WILL ALWZ have someone to do the dirty job, D-banj, sold out & supported Jonathan, Olu Jacobs, Wole Soyinka, sold out by serving in IBB's govt, Alex Akinyele, was once IBB's MIS-information minister, who did the dirty job for the Hausa/fulani against Awolowo in the 60's? Arisekola, supported Abacha, cos of what? (OWO ), Adedibu, alwz do the dirty job for AGIP, bOLA iGE, betrayed NADECO by joining the PDP, govt. Obasanjo did the Norherners BID numerous times, should I GO ON? My guy they are in EVERY TRIBE. So, big up!!!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Obinoscopy(m): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2012
That youth alliance group was created by the government to create an impression that their draconian policies has been accepted. As with other of their propangandist groups, T.H.E.Y. W.I.L.L F.A.I.L!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sallah: Wamakko Frees 45 Prison Inmates / Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Should Be Adopted In Nigeria? / Lagos, Freedom Park. The History And Her Current State! Indeed Eko Oni Baje!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.