Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria (3408 Views)

The Problems Of Nigerian Federalism And Proffered Solutions / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution / List Of The Problems Affecting Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by sleekdot(m): 10:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
I agree.

I think that was why Aisha quit.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by not2long(m): 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
During elections Seun made sure posts not favourable to GEJ were not posted on Homepage but the deceit of Jonathan always flourished on Homepage
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by OAM4J: 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2012
talknafree:

Small small dem don dey try throw this thread go junk yard.
By tomorrow, you wont find it again.

Ordinarily I should ignore your thread and comments cos of the insults but for the benefit of many like you let me explain.

Your threads are not deleted or pushed out of front page. The threads sequence follow stack operations (Last In First Out-LIFO) i.e the last updated thread takes the 1st position. If your thread receives no updates (new posts), new and other threads currently receiving updates will push it down the (stack) page. If a thread is in 50th page as soon as it is updated it comes to the 1st page and keeps going down the stack again till it is updated again.

You can google  Stack Operations and read more.

Cheers.

Moderator.

NB.

If it will make you sleep better, the 2 moderators here are not pro-PDP.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by TippyTop(m): 10:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
Even an elementary student after few days on nairaland would realize if no one reply's to a thread it dies a natural death. This thread would probably die tomorrow because its a stupid assumption to think the moderators have  meetings to decide how to advance GEJ.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by samstradam: 10:46pm On Jan 03, 2012
Thanks mod for explaining partly but why do pro government topics, and especially ones by that thing called 'Beaf' get disproportionate coverage on the front page?
I mean anyone who makes the mistake of only checking the front page (something i use to do) will come out with a skewed perception of things in Nigeria. I mean take the fuel subsidy for instance, pre 2012 NLs frontpage made it look like it was 50-50 support, which was clearly deceptive once i checked the full politics section. Why such favourable publicity for such an unpopular policy?
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Jarus(m): 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
The level of reasoning of many folks on NL baffles me.
Who do we believe?
Pro-GEJ people: 'Nairaland is a Buharii site. They even manipulated polls to deceive Nigerians that Buhari was winning. They keep banning beaf because they cannot stand truth Even the mods, Aisha2 and Jarus, are part of Buhari machinery'

Anti-GEJ people: 'Seun and Nairaland are govt machinery. They keep deleting posts that are anti-GEJ. You cannot suppress truth bla bla'

When someone lacks creativity to spice up a topic to attract comments and stay afloat and the thread runs to page 5, we mods are to blame.

With the no of anti-GEJ threads that are on front page, for anyone to think NL is suppressing 'truth' against GEJ is height of daftness.

For God's sake, how many times do people need telling that the wave of discussions of NL is purely a reflection of reigning public sentiments, and not guided by any moderator or Seun?
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by OAM4J: 11:39pm On Jan 03, 2012
samstradam:

Thanks mod for explaining partly but why do pro government topics, and especially ones by that thing called 'Beaf' get disproportionate coverage on the front page?
I mean anyone who makes the mistake of only checking the front page (something i use to do) will come out with a skewed perception of things in Nigeria. I mean take the fuel subsidy for instance, pre 2012 NLs frontpage made it look like it was 50-50 support, which was clearly deceptive once i checked the full politics section. Why such favourable publicity for such an unpopular policy?

Nairaland is mainly a forum for discussions and debates. Once people are interested in discussing a topic or we find it worthy of debate, we recommend it for the home page. Seun and the moderators do not determine the views/opinions of the posters. It is left for the posters to agree or disagree with a topic.

Also putting a topic on the homepage does not mean Nairaland endorses the topic, we only want people to be aware of the topic and discuss it. For instance if someone opens a thread titled "samstradam is the best poster in the world" and people are willing to discuss it, we will push it to the home page for the debate to attract more participation. It is left for the posters to agree if samstradam is indeed the best poster in the world and why or if the statement is foolish and daft and why. It does not in any way mean Nairaland is endorsing samstradam as the best poster in the world.

Nairaland is not for or against GEJ, Buhari, PDP, Fuel Subsidy etc. Nairaland is interested in seeing people discuss every burning issue for the purpose of information and education. So the impact is not really in the topic making it to the home page but the in level of intelligent discussions on the thread.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by efisher(m): 4:48am On Jan 04, 2012
Thank you mods for educating my fellow posters.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Lasinoh: 5:04am On Jan 04, 2012
Please, you peeps should stop deleting threads with same topic.
There are some certain posters I dunn wanno show up on their threads.
Even if they have multi IDs. . .I would like to avoid those started by their main IDs.
It does not stop any thing. The most famous one stays on top.
Thank you! kiss
Simple!
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Lasinoh: 5:10am On Jan 04, 2012
greateros:

my broda leave mata for matayas!

We all know which cult club seun belongs. but like the first foo-l that posted a reply said - if e vex u go open ya own forum.

If u listen to blazey {lasinoh} then u will survive long on NL
She may acted like a psycho but bliv me behind that facade lies one of the most intelligent poster on NL.
Follow her advice and u wont get pissed by their shi-ts.

Seun belongs to a cult? Abi na im get the 'cult'? cheesy
Thank you jare. kiss
Can you imagine the voted for people like Gbawelu-welu and OnlyLies? grin
Anywayooooooooooo. . . na so dem do Jesus. I nor feel bad! grin
When you say the truth. . .people will call you a psycho or lunatic. cheesy
We don dey here for almost 5 years now. . .we all know who is who and what is what abi?

Acting psycho is my Oscar Award winning perfomance in life. . .  cool

Me? I nor dey go any whia o! We all get that Nigeria. . . Just like this Nairaland.
Toooooooooo sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!! kiss
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2012
manny4life:

How can you hold Seun responsible for the actions of his moderators? Dude, seriously? Seun, like he said he did not delete any thread and probably did not even know his moderators deleted threads in his absence, how does that constitute ti full blown responsibility? If Seun was aware of his moderators actions (i.e.) if a formal complaint thread has been opened or an appeal cosigned with tens or even hundreds of you concerned fellows, and fowarded to Seun and his Super Mod, YET Seun remains negligent of the fact and still hasn't done anything about it, NOW you can hold him both responsible AND accountable.

IMO, I think it's rather unfair to hold someone responsible for other people action even if those actions were of their subordinates. No you will NOT hold GEJ for any of his ministers crime, GEJ did not commit any crime and wasn't aware of it. Now if he was aware that his ministers are embezzling, YET he did nothing, that's a different scenario.

Go and read your bookss on Leadership and Management.
Once the subordinate go astray or commit an offence, the leader is held responsible until he clearly prrofs he has no knowledge.

Jarus:

The level of reasoning of many folks on NL baffles me.
Who do we believe?
Pro-GEJ people: 'Nairaland is a Buharii site. They even manipulated polls to deceive Nigerians that Buhari was winning. They keep banning beaf because they cannot stand truth Even the mods, Aisha2 and Jarus, are part of Buhari machinery'

Anti-GEJ people: 'Seun and Nairaland are govt machinery. They keep deleting posts that are anti-GEJ. You cannot suppress truth bla bla'

When someone lacks creativity to spice up a topic to attract comments and stay afloat and the thread runs to page 5, we mods are to blame.

With the no of anti-GEJ threads that are on front page, for anyone to think NL is suppressing 'truth' against GEJ is height of daftness.

For God's sake, how many times do people need telling that the wave of discussions of NL is purely a reflection of reigning public sentiments, and not guided by any moderator or Seun?

Dont even go there!

Most of the st-u-pid threads on your front page are all JAGUNS
And by the way, i have a forum and social platform site and very well know how i can throw topics to the background so dont you dare start deceiving pople as if threads cant be manually stuck into hidden pages were they wont be found

PROVE US WRONG NOW BY PUTTING ANTI-GOVERNMENT TOPICS ON THE HOMPAGE, THE ATTRACT MORE VIEWS THAN TO RUB-BISH PRO JONATHAN TOPICS SCATTERED ALL THERE.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 04, 2012
A MASS PROTEST SHOULD BE THROWN TO THE DOOR STEPS OF THOSE RPO JONATHAN ARTISTE WHO SUPPORTED HIM TO BE PRESIDENT IF THEY DONT COME OUT AND JOIN THE PROTEST BY TODAY.

AT LEAST IF WE CANT GET TO ASO ROCK, WE ALL KNOW WHERE SOME OF THEM RESIDE.

PEOPLE THAT LOOK UP TO THEM IN THE INDUSTRY SUPPORTED THEM BECAUSE THE ARTISTE ALIGNED WITH THE JONATHAN CAMPAIGN.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 8:50am On Jan 04, 2012
If we are to behonest with ourselves, Seun, aka superMOD and the other MODs should admit there is a level of baise in the way some 'post' are elevated to front page status.

This will be expected as the SuperMOD and other 'minor' MODs (duno super, minor, God help humanity!) are humans and there is bound to be an element of baise in the kind of work they do. But here again, I have also noticed that during the periods GEJ appears to be having a rough time, any pro-GEJ post featuring what the GEJ says He will do is quickly flashed on the front page!

Let me not assume anything but going by the events of the last General Elections, SEUN we know PDP, JARUS is CPC and OMA4J, dunno, He could belong to one of those parties proscribed by JEGA'S INEC , so I guess that brings a fair balance but again, in Nigeria is there anything like fair anymore?

If I may add, JARUS, your response to this post I feel was, 'duno'. OMA4J's response did give some clarity to others who weren't aware of how forumes like NL function with posts.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 04, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

If we are to behonest with ourselves, Seun, aka superMOD and the other MODs should admit there is a level of baise in the way some 'post' are elevated to front page status.

This will be expected as the SuperMOD and other 'minor' MODs (duno super, minor, God help humanity!) are humans and there is bound to be an element of baise in the kind of work they do. But here again, I have also noticed that during the periods GEJ appears to be having a rough time, any pro-GEJ post featuring what the GEJ says He will do is quickly flashed on the front page!

Let me not assume anything but going by the events of the last General Elections, SEUN we know PDP, JARUS is CPC and OMA4J, dunno, He could belong to one of those parties proscribed by JEGA'S INEC , so I guess that brings a fair balance but again, in Nigeria is there anything like fair anymore?

If I may add, JARUS, your response to this post I feel was, 'duno'. OMA4J's response did give some clarity to others who weren't aware of how forumes like NL function with posts.

He sure feels he doesnt owe anyone any explanation
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Jarus(m): 9:08am On Jan 04, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

This will be expected as the SuperMOD and other 'minor' MODs (duno super, minor, God help humanity!) are humans and there is bound to be an element of baise in the kind of work they do. [b]But here again, I have also noticed that during the periods GEJ appears to be having a rough time, any pro-GEJ post featuring what the GEJ says He will do is quickly flashed on the front page![/b]Let me not assume anything but going by the events of the last General Elections, SEUN we know PDP, JARUS is CPC and OMA4J, dunno, He could belong to one of those parties proscribed by JEGA'S INEC , so I guess that brings a fair balance but again, in Nigeria is there anything like fair anymore?

You cannot say because the popular sentiments is against GEJ, then the few pro-GEJ threads should not have their own fair share of homepage too. All sides must be heard, the pro-subsidy, the anti-subsidy. We are an unbiased empire(even if we have our personal opinions). Maybe you guys expect Nairaland to fully endorse a side. No, we wont do that. Any topic from any side that we feel is captivating enough for the front page will make it. You pro-subsidy, anti-GEJ people are accusing govt of suppressing you yet you are also clamouring for suppression of some views here. Yes, denying the anti-subsidy, pro-GEJ their say is also suppression.

Let everybody talk, intelligence will reign.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by kodewrita(m): 9:10am On Jan 04, 2012
People really find it hard to read and understand. You cant tell me you didnt read what OAM4J wrote down there. Let me simplify it for you.

Threads rise or fall based on how recently they were updated and how many recent updates there were.

If you create boring threads and people decide you should be ignored, then your thread goes off the front page.

Guess you should look at the mirror to find out who's pushing down your posts.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by JamesDoe: 9:17am On Jan 04, 2012
As I understand it the system works under a "momentum" basis.

Threads that have many people commenting in quick succession will remain on the first page in the section as it is a "latest replies" shown system.  If you want your page to show then do a "Gen Buhari" and have a "one man" conversation with yourself. 

You could also lobby on your thread for your submission to make the front page; people have done this in the past with some success. Blaming Seun for what is a clear and obvious system is poor form.

If NL was pro one side or the other then the forum will just lose audience. Like him or not GEJ is the president and 160m Nigerians want to comment on what his govt says or does, such threads will therefore be popular.

This thread and its "stickiness" on the first page due to all of us commenting should show you how the platform works.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Funkymallam(m): 9:19am On Jan 04, 2012
So much cry babies on here.
U create a boring thread, ppl ignore it, d onus is on u to keep replying urself to keep it @ d top of the page.
As for pro-Gej thread making d front page, thats not true. Check d front page again, u have d pro-Gej, anti-Gej and others.
U dont force ur opinion down ppl's throat, everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion.
Thnx
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 04, 2012
Jarus:

You cannot say because the popular sentiments is against GEJ, then the few pro-GEJ threads should not have their own fair share of homepage too. All sides must be heard, the pro-subsidy, the anti-subsidy. We are an unbiased empire(even if we have our personal opinions). Maybe you guys expect Nairaland to fully endorse a side. No, we wont do that. Any topic from any side that we feel is captivating enough for the front page will make it. You pro-subsidy, anti-GEJ people are accusing govt of suppressing you yet you are also clamouring for suppression of some views here. Yes, denying the anti-subsidy, pro-GEJ their say is also suppression.

Show me one Anti- Government thread on the Front page and i will show you 20 Pro-Government threads there.
Who are you guys trying to deceive.
There are more than 10 brilliantly written thread on the pages that qualify to be on the frontpage but you have turned your face the other way and decided not to put it there.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 04, 2012
Jarus, leave my friend Aisha out of this.
How can you explain how Seun took bakares Interview and turned him into a male chavenist? quoted one section out of context and put in on the front page and made a screaming headline about Bakare hating women just like Buhari. How come Seun is so quiet now that the same Goodluck is beating pple ordering police to shot at harmless protesters when he was accusing Buhari of being intolerant?
I am not one to comment a lot on Politics but stop lying please
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 9:23am On Jan 04, 2012
Jarus:

No body is expecting you to take side, rather what I did point out is, when you 'mechanically' attempt to try to appear as though you want to balance the post and when you have several post that are anti-GEJs with several pages running already and they do not make front page, and two or three posts that are pro-GEJ with barely three replies making the front page, you leave people with the impression many have today.

I think what you may or may not have picked out from this is people questioning the rational used by moderators in deciding which post are worth debating and which aren't. Going by your previous post;

I am unclear how you come to the conclusion that a topic is worth debatable when in my opinion in some cases after several hours of the post coming on board it has barely Garner up to 5 replies!

JARUS, I guess it is worth noting that several people like myself who are neither pro-GEJ nor Anti-GEJ rather pro-Nigeria have in the past pointed these anomalies out. Maybe it not yet obvious that Nairaland is here because of the people that come in here to air their views, so maybe these people deserved to listened to and 'Educated' if need be, rather than putting a rash response across to them. As for me,  I barely careless what goes on the front page, If I may add another twist to the whole talk,  several other sections with very interesting and informative discussion going on barely have their post make the front page,  I can give lots and lots of examples,  but let just leave it at that.

Oh need I add also, there are post that not necessarily requires debating, as they maybe informative post to pass across an information or to enlighten some people.
Ciao,  I need some toast before, protest already underway, 
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by superior1: 9:36am On Jan 04, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

No body is expecting you to take side, rather what I did point out is, when you 'mechanically' attempt to try to appear as though you want to balance the post and when you have several post that are anti-GEJs with several pages running already and they do not make front page, and two or three posts that are pro-GEJ with barely three replies making the front page, you leave people with the impression many have today.

I think what you may or may not have picked out from this is people questioning the rational used by moderators in deciding which post are worth debating and which aren't. Going by your previous post;

I am unclear how you come to the conclusion that a topic is worth debatable when in my opinion in some cases after several hours of the post coming on board it has barely Garner up to 5 replies!

JARUS, I guess it is worth noting that several people like myself who are neither pro-GEJ nor Anti-GEJ rather pro-Nigeria have in the past pointed these anomalies out. Maybe it not yet obvious that Nairaland is here because of the people that come in here to air their views, so maybe these people deserved to listened to and 'Educated' if need be, rather than putting a rash response across to them. As for me,  I barely careless what goes on the front page, If I may add another twist to the whole talk,  several other sections with very interesting and informative discussion going on barely have their post make the front page,  I can give lots and lots of examples,  but let just leave it at that.

Oh need I add also, there are post that not necessarily requires debating, as they maybe informative post to pass across an information or to enlighten some people.
Ciao,  I need some toast before, protest already underway, 

Seun et al, since this is a new year, why don't you guys review your policy on what makes the front-page, the OP has made an observation and should not be swept off as nothing.

When people are saying it, you have got to listen to it, is that an essential attribute of leadership?
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Jarus(m): 9:40am On Jan 04, 2012
@ omo-tier
Thanks for your comments, even if not totally correct.
Nairaland is also pro-Nigeria, pro-Africa. Nairaland as an entity doesn't take sides, even if we officials have our personal opinions which we freely express in the course of discussions, and which a reasonable grown-up should know are not official position of NL.

That said, in addition to the 'hotness' of a topic, giving both sides to a debate opportunity to express their views is the hallmark of a sane discussion forum. That is why, our homepage rules also include, in addition to captivativeness of the topic, making all sides heard. Hence, an anti-subsidy(pro-GEJ or whatever you call it) thread that is reasonable, no matter the no of pre-front page replies will also be considered for hp. The goal of hp exposure, after all, is to allow wider participation.

And I don't think my response are rash. Threads like this are opened from time to time and we keep explaining same thing.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 9:45am On Jan 04, 2012
^^^ I understand how you feel about it, I myself have seen quite a number of such more recently, and I have also read your responses or that of the other moderators.

Least I would also mention that quite a number are appreciative of what you guys are doing as moderators, especially in the 'Politics' section where tribalist almost send the section into Political Oblivion in 2011.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Demdem(m): 9:54am On Jan 04, 2012
The mods have done well by explaining their positions and i am ok with it. Nairaland isnt for any party alone but for all parties. Just like seun is for the retardeen, his mods arent for him. am ok with that.

I just have one request. let this place, especially politics section be free for all and dont let us be posting with the fear that one will be banned for saying it as it is. if this is done, that thing called dmainboss wont be coming here constantly peddling lies.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Jarus(m): 10:00am On Jan 04, 2012
talknafree:

Show me one Anti- Government thread on the Front page and i will show you 20 Pro-Government threads there.
Who are you guys trying to deceive.

I dare you to do!
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 10:10am On Jan 04, 2012
Demdem:

The mods have done well by explaining their positions and i am ok with it. Nairaland isnt for any party alone but for all parties. Just like seun is for the retardeen, his mods arent for him. am ok with that.

I just have one request. let this place, especially politics section be free for all and dont let us be posting with the fear that one will be banned for saying it as it is. if this is done, that thing called dmainboss wont be coming here constantly peddling lies.
@ part in bold, I think it is fair to say NL, compared to some other fora especially in UK by allowing seemingly divergent views and to a very large extent NL it is very tolerant of the use of word and language.
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by jmaine: 11:25am On Jan 04, 2012
Attempt to deflect the aimless thread attention to Dmainboss character . . . You all accusing him are on the other side of the coin . .yet chose to play the saint . . . . Jokers . . . .learn to adapt to a mirror view of your actions

The mods have done a good job trying to calm frayed nerves . .and if you feel nairaland is Pro GEJ . . .then your clouded mind is at fault . . a peek at the politics section shows that Anti GEJ threads far outpaces Pro - GEJ threads . . . so i wonder what your gripe is about . . .

Play the game and stop complaining . . . .
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Demdem(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2012
^^^

are u the spokesman for dmainboss or dmainboss himself? who exactly are u?
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by jmaine: 11:34am On Jan 04, 2012
Demdem:

^^^

Joker . . .Stop whining and play the game . .
Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by Demdem(m): 11:42am On Jan 04, 2012
jmaine:

Joker . . .Stop whining and play the game . .

u obviously dont know what u are talking about and thats why i asked u what i feel u may know. Answer or keep shut.

Demdem:

^^^

Re: Seun Is Among The Problems Of Nigeria by jmaine: 11:50am On Jan 04, 2012
Demdem:

u obviously dont know what u are talking about and thats why i asked u what i feel u may know. Answer or keep shut.

I repeat . .shut up . .stop whining and play the game . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: Yoruba/hausa-fulani Deal That May Topple PDP In 2015 / Anambra Commences N50bn Trade Centre Construction / Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.