Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Reasons Why People Are Not Protesting The Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why People Are Not Protesting The Subsidy Removal (649 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? / The Subsidy Question: Fuel Will Sell For N40 A Litre - vanguard / Why Are Ghanians Not Protesting Over A Similar Increase In Their Pump Price: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why People Are Not Protesting The Subsidy Removal by worm(f): 11:40am On Jan 04, 2012
1 - Most people are still stuck in the villages. Transport fairs have gone up making it difficult for them to come back as planned - A good timing by Retardeen?

2 - Most people (including myself  grin) still have not exchausted their tanks of the fuel we bought before the bad news.

3 - Some people foolishly think this is all about petrol, cars and generators alone. Prices of garri, rice, tomatoes, toothpastes, cooking oil etc are still the same (old stock). By the time new stock comes in with double prices that is when people's eyes will clear.

These are my thoughts and if you have more please feel free to add to the list.

For those saying fuel subsidy is here to stay i think it is too early for that assumption. People are going to protest.

My experience:

There is this vigilante group that normally knocks on my gate every month end to collect N100. They came yesterday and i gave them the usual N100 the man refused, looked at me and say "madam na N200 i dey collect now pa"  cheesy This is the effect of fuel subsidy removal!

(1) (Reply)

Mr President: I Knew How U Felt Over The Boko Haram Bombling And Killlings / Subsidy: How Govt Lost The Plot / Fuel Subsidy Removal Makes Cnn Front Page - Good Publicity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.