Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,383 members, 7,846,620 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

PUSH - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PUSH (2006 Views)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / “noah”: A Biblical Tale Rewritten To Push An Agenda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PUSH by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:40am On Jun 22, 2010
The importance of prayer.

Re: PUSH by jesus3: 12:04pm On Jun 22, 2010
Welldone ola. When i have time we'll discuss at length on prayer. I ve lot of questions.
Re: PUSH by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2010
Prayer Booster Rockets

Re: PUSH by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2010
Thursday, July 1, 2010

Herald of Great Revival

TEXT: EZRA 10:1-5

"Now when Ezra had prayed, and when he had confessed, weeping and casting himself down before the house of God, there assembled unto him out of Israel a very great congregation of men and women and children: for the people wept very sore" (Ezra 10:1).

Charles G. Finney, the great revivalist, was on a visit to a large factory during one of his revival campaigns for preaching. Sighting him, the operators, one after the other, broke down and wept under a conviction of their sins. Soon, so many of the workers were sobbing and weeping such that the machinery had to be stopped while Finney led them to Christ.

From our passage, Israel had gone far from God into sin of rebellion, selfishness and compromise especially marriage to strange wives. But Ezra knew that defeat, despair, destruction, damnation and doom are synonymous with compromise; he knew that the people needed a re-awakening and restoration to faithful, separated and righteous worship if they were to enjoy divine favours; and he knew that Israel needed to be revived out of their spiritual slumber.

Ezra also knew that all this cannot happen except through prayer. So, before he confronted the people with their sins, he went into earnest prayer. In the same way, if we desire true revival of righteousness, holiness and of true worship of God, we must begin at the altar of prayer; we must engage ourselves more in praying than we do on religious activities. This is because prayer is the starting block of great and lasting revivals.

If you truly desire true revival, get on your knee and begin to pray today.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: "To have revival, the price of prayer must be paid . . ."

For More . . .
Re: PUSH by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:53am On Jul 02, 2010
jesus.:

Welldone ola. When i have time we'll discuss at length on prayer. I ve lot of questions.

Thanks for the commendation. When you are ready we can talk. Prayer is the master key.
Re: PUSH by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:13am On Jul 02, 2010
Songs in the Night
July 2, 2010

"Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me. Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life."(Psalm 42:7-cool

There are times in the life of a believer when he seems about to sink under great avalanches of trouble and sorrow.  But then "I call to remembrance my song in the night" (Psalm 77:6), and God answers once again. In the book of Psalms, the theme of conflict and suffering is prominent, but always there is also the note of hope and ultimate triumph.

The very first psalm, for example, notes the conflict of the righteous with the ungodly, but promises that "the way of the ungodly shall perish" (v. 6).  The second psalm foretells the final rebellion of the heathen against God and His anointed, but assures us that God will "vex them in his sore displeasure" (vv. 2, 5).  In Psalm 3, the believer says: "Many are they that rise up against me."  But then he remembers that "salvation belongeth unto the LORD" (vv. 1, cool.  He cries in Psalm 4: "Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer" (v. 1).

In Psalm 5, immediately after the first imprecation in the psalms ("cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions") occurs the first specific mention of singing in the book of Psalms: "Let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout [literally 'sing'] for joy, because thou defendest them" (vv. 10-11).

The Lord Jesus and His disciples sang a psalm, even as they went out into the night of His betrayal and condemnation (Mark 14:26).  This is His gracious promise: "Ye shall have a song, as in the night. . . . And the LORD shall cause his glorious voice to be heard" (Isaiah 30:29-30). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: PUSH by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55pm On Jul 06, 2010
"Prayer has divided seas, rolled up flowing rivers, made flinty rocks gush into fountains, quenched flames of fire, muzzled lions, disarmed vipers and poisons, marshalled the stars against the wicked, stopped the course of the moon, arrested the rapid sun in its great race, burst open iron gates, recalled souls from eternity, conquered the strongest devils, and commanded legions of angels down from heaven. Prayer has bridled and changed the raging passions of man, and routed and destroyed vast armies of proud, daring blustering atheists. Prayer has brought one man from the bottom of the sea, and carried another in a chariot of fire to heaven. What has not prayer done?"
Re: PUSH by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Nov 18, 2010
Kite Flyer

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.  The effectual fervent prayer a righteous man avails much"

-- James 5:16

Just as Benjamin Franklin's kite made a connection to a great source of power when it was struck by lightning, so we too can make a connection to the source of all power in heaven and earth when we send our prayers up to God.

Re: PUSH by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
PUSH:

Permanently Uphold Scriptural Holiness.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: PUSH by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

PUSH:

Permanently Uphold Scriptural Holiness.

Pursue Unstoppable Soulwinning Harvest

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PUSH by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:06am On Apr 07, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Pursue Unstoppable Soulwinning Harvest

Possess Unique Sustainable Hope. PUSH.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Call Him The 'ancient Of Days' / Yet Another Christian Leader Has Allegations Of Adultery Amidst Marital Problems / OKOGIE: Our Education Should Include Morality, Spirituality And Academics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.