Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? (6426 Views)

Love Is A Fraud! There Is No Such Thing As Love / Such Thing As Being Too Sexually Comfortable In Marriage? / There Is No Such Thing As A Perfect Person – Only One That Is Perfect For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2012
Oh boy am I freaking sick of this word. I must admit I use it occasionally, I said occasionally. tongue grin grin

But I am so tried of guys tossing this word up and down like a football.

My first boyfriend said it would be forever, no ideal where he is today.

Second one said the same thing, he is now married.

Third one said forever was not enough, I have no idea whether he's dead or alive.

The fourth one (current one) is not using it, at least I have a bit of hope. grin grin grin This may just be the one.

Guys, we know (us) women like to hear sweet words, but this forever crap have to stop. There is no such thing as forever, everything must come to an end, good or bad.
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by seedord247(m): 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2012
In total how many BF have you date? tongue

a)20 but only 18 have check your hole.

b)18 but only 15 have check your hole.

c) 22 but only 20 have check your hole.

d) more than the above.

no 50/50 , but you can phone a friend or a family member to confirm. lipsrsealed grin grin grin
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2012
In total, 4 bfs but only 55 have checked my hole now back to topic. grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
roki & seedord una nor go kill me!!!  grin grin grin

please, slap yourselves!!  grin

@topic you have a point.

it's kind of like when i was listening to Immature's "i will never lie (again)" song. grin (yes i went waaaaay back!)
and was thinking 'foolishness'. grin

men know what we hear is what we find appealing so they chat all sorts of fart. grin
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by 25omega(m): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2012
poster

well when you are dating someone and you are still in the honeymoon phase you want it to last forever so you say "forever" until you start getting on each others nerves the forever becomes how soon can i get outta here
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by seedord247(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2012
Thank God you said Occasionally.

In promising someone that you’ll love him/her forever, I would argue that you are implicitly forgetting about the potential challenges that may loom in the horizon, particular circumstances that may separate you from the loved person, etc. The truth is, things change, and we change. And expecting people to love us “forever” tongue, while extremely sweet in theory, is somewhat impractical. Now, the problem is that saying “I love you for the time being” isn’t really that practical either. Would somebody propose an alternative to saying “I love you forever” or “I love you. And most of the time your partner say this word, means you are making him/her happy at that moment. I.e he wanna have $ex with you.
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
BelaMorena:
roki & seedord una nor go kill me!!!  grin grin grin please, slap yourselves!!  grin @topic you have a point. it's kind of like when i was listening to Immature's "i will never lie (again)" song. grin (yes i went waaaaay back!) and was thinking 'foolishness'. grin men know what we hear is what we find appealing so they chat all sorts of fart. grin

Tell me abt it, if you know their trick you wouldn't fall for it though. I now know them more than my palm.
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2012
seedord247:

Thank God you said Occasionally.

In promising someone that you’ll love him/her forever, I would argue that you are implicitly forgetting about the potential challenges that may loom in the horizon, particular circumstances that may separate you from the loved person, etc. The truth is, things change, and we change. And expecting people to love us “forever” tongue, while extremely sweet in theory, is somewhat impractical. Now, the problem is that saying “I love you for the time being” isn’t really that practical either. Would somebody propose an alternative to saying “I love you forever” or “I love you. And most of the time your partner say this word, means you are making him/her happy at that moment. I.e he wanna have $ex with you.
Is the alcohol off your breath? tongue tongue tongue tongue Well said.
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by seedord247(m): 3:39pm On Jan 04, 2012
rokiatu:

Is the alcohol off your breath? tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue Well said.

The doctor said i should go and lick a punny from a black lady that usually put on high heels shoes so that the smells can go away. tongue embarassed Can you be of help?
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by CalienteMi: 3:43pm On Jan 04, 2012
Wifey

They are only being hopeful and without dreams life is a bore. It would be nice to live forever but we all going to die at some point so being hopeful gives us that glitter until time to dust.

What the hell I just say? Just nod your head.
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Flygeriana(m): 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2012
Rokiatu, I never knew D meanin of D term "loser", until I clicked on your profile pic. Now I know that whoever clicks on som1's profile pic is a 'loser'!

Wonderful.
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
CalienteMi:

Wifey

They are only being hopeful and without dreams life is a bore. It would be nice to live forever but we all going to die at some point so being hopeful gives us that glitter until time to dust.

What the hell I just say? Just nod your head.
True dat wifey.

Now don't tell me you were ban again. cry cry cry cry
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by CalienteMi: 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
rokiatu:

True dat wifey.

Now don't tell me you were ban again. cry cry cry cry

Jaybee working on it! He is mad cos I won't submit to him! grin grin
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
Flygeriana:
Rokiatu, I never knew D meanin of D term "losser", until I clicked on your profile pic. Now I know that whoever clicks on som1's profile pic is a 'losser'! Wonderful.

LOL The losers that I am referring to know themselves. Now don't join the club, but you are must welcome to if you want to. grin   grin
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
CalienteMi:

Jaybee working on it! He is mad cos I won't submit to him! grin grin
Oh please let him give you a break na force? tongue undecided undecided

Yes Jaybee, if you are reading this, let my wifey be! tongue
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2012
rokiatu:

LOL The losers that I am referring to know themselves. Now don't join the club, but you are must welcome to if you want to. grin   grin

grin  grin  grin  grin

take her advice flygeriana. if you feel the need to create a thread about another nlder's looks and check their profile everyday you'll know you caught the "Lameotosis" disease  grin if you feel the symptoms FIGHT IT!!  grin
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 04, 2012
BelaMorena:

grin grin grin grin

take her advice flygeriana. if you feel the need to create a thread about another nlder's looks and check their profile everyday you'll know you caught the "Lameotosis" disease grin if you feel the symptoms FIGHT IT!! grin
buhahahhahaha LOL nuff said. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=2pt]Is this missdarksz?[/size]
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2012
rokiatu:

buhahahhahaha LOL nuff said. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=2pt]Is this missdarksz?[/size]

wink wink cheesy cheesy grin

yeah it is. i too got ban.ned grin
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2012
Unbelievable!!!

Jybeee, meet me in your nightmare tonight. angry
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by CalienteMi: 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2012
Wifey

You want a submissive man? grin grin grin
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2012
No just give me a faithful man. grin
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by tellwisdom: 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2012
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by ArQueBusieR(m): 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2012
Sometimes you mean well. But when you ain't feeling 'it', you just back out - damage limitation.
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
@OP
so, some guys told you some lies to get what they wanted from you, YOU believed them, and now come here to blame MEN ONLY?! shouldnt you take some of the blame too?! i will give you the benefit of the doubt for the FIRST one, anything after that is YOUR DAMN FAULT from not learning!

also, its possible that these guys were truthful when saying FOREVER bla bla but, along the way, the discover some stuff about you that made it impossible to continue the charade, here is a few clues/possible reasons:
- he discovered that she was pretending all along to be a Christian while she was a mamiwater.
- he discovered that she was pretending all along to be working while she was a criminal (drug dealer/419 etc)
- he discovered that she was pretending all along to be a saint, while she was the neighborhood hoe.
- he discovered that she was pretending to be single while she was dating someone else.
- he discovered that she was pretending to be a woman while in fact she was a man.

i am sure you get the picture, FOREVER is only possible if you stay who you are, for the rest of your life. if there is ANY changes in your life status, then "forever" has to be re-evaluated.
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Sijo01(f): 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2012
Lol @forever
i can remember i told my ex its him forever. But 2day, i hardly pick his calls. angry embarassed
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Goldieluks: 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2012
'Foreve'r is a very deep word and it isn't meant to be used by everyone, especially guys because they tend to abuse this word a lot.
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 05, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

@OP
so, some guys told you some lies to get what they wanted from you, YOU believed them, and now come here to blame MEN ONLY?! shouldnt you take some of the blame too?! i will give you the benefit of the doubt for the FIRST one, anything after that is YOUR DAMN FAULT from not learning!

also, its possible that these guys were truthful when saying FOREVER bla bla but, along the way, the discover some stuff about you that made it impossible to continue the charade, here is a few clues/possible reasons:
- he discovered that she was pretending all along to be a Christian while she was a mamiwater.
- he discovered that she was pretending all along to be working while she was a criminal (drug dealer/419 etc)
- he discovered that she was pretending all along to be a saint, while she was the neighborhood hoe.
- he discovered that she was pretending to be single while she was dating someone else.
- he discovered that she was pretending to be a woman while in fact she was a man.

i am sure you get the picture, FOREVER is only possible if you stay who you are, for the rest of your life. if there is ANY changes in your life status, then "forever" has to be re-evaluated.

LAWD have mercy!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by InkedNerd(f): 1:37am On Jan 05, 2012
@OP: People use the word 'forever' for three reasons 1) they genuinely mean it 2) people are stüpid and for whatever reason choose to listen to fairytale's instead of being rational 3) people will chose to hear what they want to hear.
Re: Why Used The Word "forever" When There No Such Thing As Forever? by Nobody: 3:45am On Jan 05, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

@OP

- he discovered that she was pretending all along to be working while she was a criminal (drug dealer/419 etc)- he discovered that she was pretending all along to be a saint, while she was the neighborhood hoe.
LMAO WTF grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Public Transport Wahala!! Fine Girl On Skimpy Cloth Disgraced[pictures] / Can You Date This Type Of Girl? / My Girlfriend Confesses How Her Ex Force Sexed Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.