Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (14250 Views)

Emir Lamido Sanusi At The Hajj Pilgrimage In Mecca (Photos) / President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) / I am Now Sarkin, Not Emir Of Kano - Sanusi Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by realborn(m): 12:01am On Jan 05, 2012
AN OPEN LETTER TO MR. SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI
Good evening Sir.
I read with pain that anyone would hurl insults at you and your preceding generations. This is unbecoming of Nigerians and is contrary to the noble upbringing and sound education we received on the topic ‘respect your elders’ during our formative years. Perhaps Nigerians are changing with the trends. So it is true that a useless father will in no time diminish before his children and will become a subject of ridicule. I am a concerned citizen and poised to write this rejoinder to an article credited to you via e-forums on the pertinence to remove subsidy. My comments are stated below:

1. Your statement that ‘Removing subsidy has costs in terms of nigerians paying more for PMS-which by the way is not the fuel for generators, power plants, production facilities, heavy duty goods transportation trucks and even luxury buses’ is very untrue. Did you carry out a feasibility study? Was there a risk assessment before taking this decision on subsidy removal at the exquisite villa maintained by our national treasure? You most definitely must be kidding. According to Pareto’s theorem, 80% of Nigerians generate their electricity for domestic consumption through generators powered by PMS. 50% of the small scale businesses (which is the order of the day) considering that most of the large scale businesses have packed and relocated to a more conducive environment, run on power generated through PMS. This 80% also go to work via personal owned vehicles, commuter buses and Okada; and they all run on PMS. Tomatoes and related food items are also transported and distributed through commuter buses and station wagons that run on PMS and in some cases transported through lorries/trucks too since the railway system has gone moribund (please visit mile 2 someday. You may or may not be disguised). So tell me, do all the aforementioned belong to the middle class? Is it the hustling security guard that earns N15,000 naira monthly whose transportation cost has risen to N700/day belong to or the police man that now spends N600 to get to his duty post? Since you allude that the middle class shall feel the brunt more, why the nonchalance? Do you hate the middle class whom invariably comprises of the youths? Are you unaware that the cost of running business has increased since we all depend on PMS to do everything? Are you insensitive to observe that many will be laid off as workers will demand employers subsidize transportation to work or increase in wages and salaries which will lead to mass retrenchment? Please be informed that the majority of the youths that besieged the roads yesterday are reflections of the terminal disease called unemployment which government has been unable to postulate any cure for. Please note, that for production and investments to thrive, the citizenry must be well catered for by the government. These are simple economic principles. I remember during my MBA class, that we were taught that motivation is the greatest tool to achieve success in any organisation and polity. Also bear in mind that the people are the most expensive resource in any organisational entity. On this note the entire economic team has failed.

2. To the crux of the matter, we do not support subsidies too. I am sure you are shocked at my comment. In my opinion, from all i have read, the touted subsidy by the FGN is a charade. Why should the government subsidize when we own the crude oil, own refineries and the marketers are locally and readily available? it is an irresponsible act by government. Truth be told, what Nigerians are clamouring for is the reversal of the price of PMS to N65 or less whilst still achieving savings on the astounding amount pilfered in the name of subsidy through the vehicle of corruption. I was very nauseated when you stated at the town hall meeting that importers falsify waybills at the ports and also export the crude oil to neighbouring countries after collecting subsidy with no punitive action by any arm of the government other than to remove subsidy. Isn’t this a shameful statement from a respected scholar like you who ought to protect our collective interest whilst in government? It is very unethical and please learn not to speak in such manner again instead act proactively because it is the duty of the government to tackle the menace other than lament. What in the world happened to a major management principle of ‘monitoring and controlling’? it is very obvious that the cabal is the present day government and the present day government is the cabal. I want you to please avail us the details of how the subsidy spiralled from N300b in 2007 to N1.3tr in 2011. I strongly believe it is based on the reasons previously mentioned and Nigerians should bear the brunt instead of closing in on your friends who the government of the day awarded import licences to, as a reward for the excellent job done during the elections. No wonder the list of importers grew from few major firms to a large number of a mix of all and sundry. Please tell me, is anyone probing the scam since the list was published? From where i sit, i am led to believe that the economic team believes that the era of everybody chop should come to an end, thus full deregulation. Only those who have the wherewithal and meet the standards should import fuel – that is the big boys. Who is fooling who? Who will recover all the billions pilfered by these unqualified agents who ship water to the ports in vessels with claims of PMS? Who will bring to book the importers of adulterated fuel all in a bid to maximize profit? Will the government fold its arms and propose Nigerians pay for the ineptitude of government? What responsibility does this government wish to bear if it outsources all of its responsibility with no option of equity to supposed foreign investors (themselves)? Please let the federal cabals learn from the Transcorp saga.

3. As I earlier mentioned, N65/litre is achievable without giving anybody money as subsidy. The country exports 2.5million Barrels of crude oil daily. Is it impossible to set aside the quantity for local consumption to be given at slightly above cost price as opposed to international price? From the analysis I have read, the local consumption for PMS is embedded in not more than 100,000 barrels. If set aside at a cheaper rate, and refined partly via our below capacity refineries and the other part refined at a government approved refinery abroad, the refined products delivered through the same approved firm to forestall a decline in quality, pending when we make our refineries work, then we will achieve less than N65/litre for PMS. The analysis has been done by renowned elites who have served in government. Please refer to the Abacha model that gave birth to the Petroleum Trust Fund. I am astonished that the economic team keeps blackmailing us with stories of economy collapse solely due to subsidy. It is inappropriate to subject the populace to international market rates when crude oil is our national resource. I have a popular parable: “only a foolish farmer will harvest cassava and sell it all off at the market and ask his household to purchase garri at prevailing market rates whilst amassing wealth to himself under the guise of rehabilitating the farm without consideration that his household can make garri from the produce, reserve some for consumption and also sell same at the main market”.

4. Sir, since the freedom of information bill has been passed, please avail us of details on how the excess crude oil account maintained by OBJ was disbursed and closed? We heard rumours that GEJ was busy sharing the loot on the same night the Abuja bomb blast at the mammy market was let off. So all the billions of dollars have gone into the last do or die elections abi? Secondly, we demand to see how our foreign reserves dropped from $80b to $30b (please correct the figures if wrong)? Thirdly, what has happened to the excess savings that have accrued since GEJ took over in 2010 till date? It is ludicrous for government to say money was borrowed to service subsidy. Why were these basic infrastructure not executed from these savings? Instead, the recurring expenditure to the executive arm of government keeps increasing every year whilst the masses suffer. We have not seen any capital project in the last two years despite the allocation of billions for infrastructure yearly. Despite this negligence and daylight robbery, Nigerians kept quiet. You therefore expect us not to clamp on you for emphasising that it is the subsidy on fuel (which has been corrupted by a corrupt government, which really should not even be in existence if things were properly done) that has marred the provision of infrastructure. It is a shame that Ore-Benin road is still a death pit.

5. Our demands are simple. Provide power, electricity, employment, good roads, education, health care, housing, security etc by deploying the billions allocated for these utilities in the budget into good use and furthermore, by using the excesses from the sale of crude oil. Concurrently, should the FGN wish to continue selling all of crude oil and allow their cohorts import fuel, a transparent and pragmatic system should be put in place to prevent falsification of waybills, importation of poor quality fuel and exportation of subsidized fuel. This will save the FGN about N1tr yearly. However, the apposite way to go is as advised in item ‘3’ above. We also demand that the procurement process for the execution of projects should henceforth be in tandem with global standards. Inflated contracts should be discouraged. Adequate planning should be employed before policies are implemented and executed. This in my opinion is lacking.

6. This government should learn to respect its citizenry. It is shocking that few weeks ago at the town hall meeting one of the Ministers was begging for the citizenry to trust the government; unfortunately some of us thought her plea was sincere and dialogue would bring all parties to a common ground. To our dismay, the suspension of subsidy on January 1 as against the prescheduled April 2012 is complete deceit and shows that the GEJ led government has no respect for its populace. More especially when we were still recovering from the Xmas day massacre. The action was too immature.

7. I have more queries to raise but I have to go now. It is midnight. To interest you, my wife and I leave the house 5.30am daily and return 11pm due to daily traffic from Victoria island through 3rd mainland bridge until we reach home. The generator is also making so much noise right now. Sir, please justify your nomination as purported by one of the foreign tabloids that you are the most intelligent Nigerian (in their dreams). We will discuss the drawbacks of your cashless society plan some other time. Good night Sir and sweet dreams.

Yours faithfully,
Concerned Nigerian
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 05, 2012
Eyah!
You dey
here dey type letter to my own time icon (not any more) whereas the bobo dey boat club dey sip on crystal wine and henessy with the "who is who" in Nigeria dey plan how dem go share the money wey dey fit save from the so called "subsidy funds".

God dey sha! Even Sanusi no dey fear God again.

(*shakes head and leaves in pity*)
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Lasinoh: 3:32am On Jan 05, 2012
Subsidy will be removed within 6 months.
After maga(NIGERIANS) don pay! grin
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by goksonjay(m): 5:56am On Jan 05, 2012
SLS for me,is too dangerous to be trusted. We thought he was with us innitially,but later discovered he was just playing on our intelligence.
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by MAYOWAAK: 11:21am On Jan 05, 2012
FOR SALE
Now available for sale in different sizes
-bicycle
-camel
-horse
-donkey
We can also train and equip your dog,goat,ram etc
to carry u around.They all don't ever use fuel or gas.
Visit us at our office:
No 1, Oil Subsidy Road,
Alison Madueke Junction,
Goodluck Close,
Off Okonjo-Iweala Street,
By Labaran Maku Avenue,
Sanusi Lamido District,
Abuja. or call 080-ABUJA-GEJ
Welcome to the year of transformation and fresh air!
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by humblebee: 11:33am On Jan 05, 2012
talknafree:

Eyah!
You dey
here dey type letter to my own time icon (not any more) whereas the bobo dey boat club dey sip on crystal wine and henessy with the "who is who" in Nigeria dey plan how dem go share the money wey dey fit save from the so called "subsidy funds".

God dey sha! Even Sanusi no dey fear God again.

(*shakes head and leaves in pity*)

this is not a wise thing to say, if you're not educated enough to do the right thing, then you just shut the hell up and use your head
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 05, 2012
The best brains are the ones running the economy now, its cant get better. Sanusi (Reknown Economist, MArxist and Activist), Iweala(IMF/WorldBank) and Aganga (Charles Schwab)
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by hustla242: 11:46am On Jan 05, 2012
Sanusi again,  this man as brilliant as he is, really needs an economist advising him because saying the removal of the subsidy won't spiral the inflation rate upwards is nothing short incompetence as the CBN governor. Watch the value of the Naira in coming months.

With regards to your suggestions, CBN has no control on the excess crude and foreign reserves, that should be
directed to your finance minister.
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Koolking(m): 11:48am On Jan 05, 2012
MAYOWAAK:

FOR SALE
-bicycle
-camel
-horse
-donkey
Visit us at our office:
No 1, Oil Subsidy Road,
Alison Madueke Junction,
Goodluck Close,
By Labaran Maku Avenue,
Sanusi Lamido District,

rflmao,
U r a confirmed business man. Business creativity at the peak. You will rule the 21 Century (GEJ) era Nigeria. Your biz venture is apt to the present situation in Nigeria. Do you need a partner?
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by PreciousG1(m): 12:07pm On Jan 05, 2012
SLS was bold enough to tell us dat our National Assembly spends 25% of FG overhead, and he was summoned to d Senate house. At d end of d day, d Senate went quiet cos it was true. Nigerians did not react, NLC did not react, TUC did not react. Now our President is saying for Nigeria to move forward, we cannot continue paying for fuel subsidy, No problem. I agree its a necessary step but its being timed wrongly.
If we must move forward as a country, we need enabling laws. Our National Assembly need to make good legislatures. Telecommunication sector was deregulated. NCC is messed because we don't have good laws to work with. We are all aware dat MTN makes money from Nigeria n takes it to South Africa, but nothing is being done. How can a member of d National Assembly make a change worthy n masses-centred legislature when he doesn't experience what d masses experience? He doesn't buy call cards like u n I, he doesn't try loading a webpage on his phone for 5 minutes, neither does he dail a number repeatedly for hour without getting a connection, how will he know dat we are being exploited? Now we want to deregulate d Downstream Sector without proper laws to regulate activities of d investors that will come in. Let us wake up from our sleep of ignorance n face our reality. Until we have legislators dat earn like d average Nigerian n spend like d average Nigerian, we cannot move forward. Until we tell them how much their pay should be n how many aides they can have officially, we cannot move forward.
I will support a protest dat will seek to correct our mistakes of d past. The President cannot tell any of them what their pay should be, he'll be impeached same day(whether d house is on break or not). Only our voice as a people can achieve this. Nobody else can fight this fight for us.
May God be wit us all!
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by samyyoung(m): 12:21pm On Jan 05, 2012
http://www.lrinvestments.in

Liberty Reserve Investments, you can check it out.

Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by otondo55: 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2012
Its too pathetic for a CBN Governor to support this.

The economy will definitely get worst as things unfold.

Naira will be useless, poverty and crime will surly increase,

life will get much more tough.

NO TO FUEL SUBSIDY !  
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Timmy321(m): 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2012
Jonathan, ‎"The DEATH that knocks down your Friend (Gadafi) is Speaking to you in parables" If you have ears, listen.
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by lekanolas: 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2012
Are u surprised? He is doing the bidding of his master just like Reuben Abati. Read Abati's comments on the removal of subsidy two years ago.
[url]http://saharareporters.com/article/%E2%80%9Cwe-shall-start-stoning-economists-official-corridors%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%93-reuben-abati-2009[/url]
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Timmy321(m): 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
‎"The DEATH that knocks down your Friend (Gadafi) is Speaking to you in parables" If you have ears, listen. Its a warning from God
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by oc2fish: 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
Nigerian while protesting do not forget to remind GEJ that the national assemble takes 25% of the
country budget.

I do believe we can save money from them and cut GEJ feeding allowance to below billion it is
only in Nigeria that the president feed like a town.
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by bilaya(m): 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2012
LeoMax:

The best brains are the ones running the economy now, its cant get better. Sanusi (Reknown Economist, MArxist and Activist), Iweala(IMF/WorldBank) and Aganga (Charles Schwab)

Sanusi is not an economist and was never an economist.Get your facts right
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by anonimi: 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2012
Precious G:

SLS was bold enough to tell us dat our National Assembly spends 25% of FG overhead, and he was summoned to d Senate house. At d end of d day, d Senate went quiet cos it was true. [size=13pt]Nigerians did not react, NLC did not react, TUC did not react[/size]. Now our President is saying for Nigeria to move forward, we cannot continue paying for fuel subsidy, No problem. I agree its a necessary step but its being timed wrongly.

Our fake comrades in NLC & TUC did not react because they are hoping to also become politicians (comrade legislator, comrade governor, comrade president?) and earn such embarrassingly high amounts for making noise ONLY without making laws. That was why they settled for N18,000 minimum wage that cannot take anyone till month end.
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by anonimi: 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2012
Precious G:

Telecommunication sector was deregulated. NCC is messed because we don't have good laws to work with. We are all aware dat MTN makes money from Nigeria n takes it to South Africa, but nothing is being done.

The revenue authorities are the ones to ensure the companies pay adequate taxes while NCC ensures quality services and fair competition in teh industry. But the workers can be easily compromised/corrupted if they are on N18,000 minimum wage while [size=14pt]do-nothing legisLOOTERS and their partners-in-crime at the State Houses earn mega millions[/size].
Yet the fake comrades in NLC & TUC do not want to address this pay disparity issue and the excesses in governance that short changes the workers.
Meanwhile please note that MTN, Airtel, Glo, Visaphone etc create jobs, pay salaries and have contributed to the recent growth of Nigerian music and entertainment industry through robus sponsorships.
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Obinoscopy(m): 1:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
This guy really spoke the heart and mind of all Nigerians. I advice he also publish this in the papers
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Olaone1: 1:36pm On Jan 05, 2012
Sanusi the politician. He knows the truth but he's afraid of the owners of Nigeria. He seems dangerous to me right now.
I thought he was strong enough to call anyone's bluff, but, certainly not when it relates to the owners of Nigeria.

All of them want to be part of the ruling class and if they don't toe the line in matters like this, they stand no chance.

It isn't about the masses, even for a Sanusi; it's about their interest. May be I would do the same thing.
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by saddabm(m): 1:41pm On Jan 05, 2012
you dont have to be suprised its already said birds with the same feather flock together all of them are self centred.
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by philips70(m): 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2012
+1
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by queensmith: 1:45pm On Jan 05, 2012
the worst of it all, what really rubs salt into the wounds and pepper into the eyes is the fact that Nigeria is a child of a country!

where and when on earth did it get 'owners'!

thats why i buy into the consipiracy that the british meant for things to be soo backward at thier own advantage!

being able to refine and sell fuel back to the crude oil suppliers is afterall only to thier own advantage!
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Akintola11(m): 1:46pm On Jan 05, 2012
All this noise!! Nigeria needs the removal!! how will we grow and industrialize if we carry on this mass payment that in all honesty only helps the upper class, smugglers and all those who only care for their pocket!

a good article worth reading!-------> www.thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-subsidy-withdrawn
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Orikinla(m): 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2012
realborn:

AN OPEN LETTER TO MR. SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI
Good evening Sir.
I read with pain that anyone would hurl insults at you and your preceding generations. This is unbecoming of Nigerians and is contrary to the noble upbringing and sound education we received on the topic ‘respect your elders’ during our formative years. Perhaps Nigerians are changing with the trends. So it is true that a useless father will in no time diminish before his children and will become a subject of ridicule. I am a concerned citizen and poised to write this rejoinder to an article credited to you via e-forums on the pertinence to remove subsidy. My comments are stated below:

1. Your statement that ‘Removing subsidy has costs in terms of nigerians paying more for PMS-which by the way is not the fuel for generators, power plants, production facilities, heavy duty goods transportation trucks and even luxury buses’ is very untrue. Did you carry out a feasibility study? Was there a risk assessment before taking this decision on subsidy removal at the exquisite villa maintained by our national treasure? You most definitely must be kidding. According to Pareto’s theorem, 80% of Nigerians generate their electricity for domestic consumption through generators powered by PMS. 50% of the small scale businesses (which is the order of the day) considering that most of the large scale businesses have packed and relocated to a more conducive environment, run on power generated through PMS. This 80% also go to work via personal owned vehicles, commuter buses and Okada; and they all run on PMS. Tomatoes and related food items are also transported and distributed through commuter buses and station wagons that run on PMS and in some cases transported through lorries/trucks too since the railway system has gone moribund (please visit mile 2 someday. You may or may not be disguised). So tell me, do all the aforementioned belong to the middle class? Is it the hustling security guard that earns N15,000 naira monthly whose transportation cost has risen to N700/day belong to or the police man that now spends N600 to get to his duty post? Since you allude that the middle class shall feel the brunt more, why the nonchalance? Do you hate the middle class whom invariably comprises of the youths? Are you unaware that the cost of running business has increased since we all depend on PMS to do everything? Are you insensitive to observe that many will be laid off as workers will demand employers subsidize transportation to work or increase in wages and salaries which will lead to mass retrenchment? Please be informed that the majority of the youths that besieged the roads yesterday are reflections of the terminal disease called unemployment which government has been unable to postulate any cure for. Please note, that for production and investments to thrive, the citizenry must be well catered for by the government. These are simple economic principles. I remember during my MBA class, that we were taught that motivation is the greatest tool to achieve success in any organisation and polity. Also bear in mind that the people are the most expensive resource in any organisational entity. On this note the entire economic team has failed.

2. To the crux of the matter, we do not support subsidies too. I am sure you are shocked at my comment. In my opinion, from all i have read, the touted subsidy by the FGN is a charade. Why should the government subsidize when we own the crude oil, own refineries and the marketers are locally and readily available? it is an irresponsible act by government.  Truth be told, what Nigerians are clamouring for is the reversal of the price of PMS to N65 or less whilst still achieving savings on the astounding amount pilfered in the name of subsidy through the vehicle of corruption. I was very nauseated when you stated at the town hall meeting that importers falsify waybills at the ports and also export the crude oil to neighbouring countries after collecting subsidy with no punitive action by any arm of the government other than to remove subsidy. Isn’t this a shameful statement from a respected scholar like you who ought to protect our collective interest whilst in government? It is very unethical and please learn not to speak in such manner again instead act proactively because it is the duty of the government to tackle the menace other than lament. What in the world happened to a major management principle of ‘monitoring and controlling’? it is very obvious that the cabal is the present day government and the present day government is the cabal. I want you to please avail us the details of how the subsidy spiralled from N300b in 2007 to N1.3tr in 2011. I strongly believe it is based on the reasons previously mentioned and Nigerians should bear the brunt instead of closing in on your friends who the government of the day awarded import licences to, as a reward for the excellent job done during the elections. No wonder the list of importers grew from few major firms to a large number of a mix of all and sundry. Please tell me, is anyone probing the scam since the list was published? From where i sit, i am led to believe that the economic team believes that the era of everybody chop should come to an end, thus full deregulation. Only those who have the wherewithal and meet the standards should import fuel – that is the big boys. Who is fooling who? Who will recover all the billions pilfered by these unqualified agents who ship water to the ports in vessels with claims of PMS? Who will bring to book the importers of adulterated fuel all in a bid to maximize profit? Will the government fold its arms and propose Nigerians pay for the ineptitude of government? What responsibility does this government wish to bear if it outsources all of its responsibility with no option of equity to supposed foreign investors (themselves)? Please let the federal cabals learn from the Transcorp saga.

3. As I earlier mentioned, N65/litre is achievable without giving anybody money as subsidy. The country exports 2.5million Barrels of crude oil daily. Is it impossible to set aside the quantity for local consumption to be given at slightly above cost price as opposed to international price? From the analysis I have read, the local consumption for PMS is embedded in not more than 100,000 barrels. If set aside at a cheaper rate, and refined partly via our below capacity refineries and the other part refined at a government approved refinery abroad, the refined products delivered through the same approved firm to forestall a decline in quality, pending when we make our refineries work, then we will achieve less than N65/litre for PMS. The analysis has been done by renowned elites who have served in government. Please refer to the Abacha model that gave birth to the Petroleum Trust Fund. I am astonished that the economic team keeps blackmailing us with stories of economy collapse solely due to subsidy. It is inappropriate to subject the populace to international market rates when crude oil is our national resource. I have a popular parable: “only a foolish farmer will harvest cassava and sell it all off at the market and ask his household to purchase garri at prevailing market rates whilst amassing wealth to himself under the guise of rehabilitating the farm without consideration that his household can make garri from the produce, reserve some for consumption and also sell same at the main market”.  

4. Sir, since the freedom of information bill has been passed, please avail us of details on how the excess crude oil account maintained by OBJ was disbursed and closed? We heard rumours that GEJ was busy sharing the loot on the same night the Abuja bomb blast at the mammy market was let off. So all the billions of dollars have gone into the last do or die elections abi? Secondly, we demand to see how our foreign reserves dropped from $80b to $30b (please correct the figures if wrong)? Thirdly, what has happened to the excess savings that have accrued since GEJ took over in 2010 till date? It is ludicrous for government to say money was borrowed to service subsidy. Why were these basic infrastructure not executed from these savings? Instead, the recurring expenditure to the executive arm of government keeps increasing every year whilst the masses suffer. We have not seen any capital project in the last two years despite the allocation of billions for infrastructure yearly. Despite this negligence and daylight robbery, Nigerians kept quiet. You therefore expect us not to clamp on you for emphasising that it is the subsidy on fuel (which has been corrupted by a corrupt government, which really should not even be in existence if things were properly done) that has marred the provision of infrastructure. It is a shame that Ore-Benin road is still a death pit.

5. Our demands are simple. Provide power, electricity, employment, good roads, education, health care, housing, security etc by deploying the billions allocated for these utilities in the budget into good use and furthermore, by using the excesses from the sale of crude oil. Concurrently, should the FGN wish to continue selling all of crude oil and allow their cohorts import fuel, a transparent and pragmatic system should be put in place to prevent falsification of waybills, importation of poor quality fuel and exportation of subsidized fuel. This will save the FGN about N1tr yearly.  However, the apposite way to go is as advised in item ‘3’ above. We also demand that the procurement process for the execution of projects should henceforth be in tandem with global standards. Inflated contracts should be discouraged. Adequate planning should be employed before policies are implemented and executed. This in my opinion is lacking.

6. This government should learn to respect its citizenry. It is shocking that few weeks ago at the town hall meeting one of the Ministers was begging for the citizenry to trust the government; unfortunately some of us thought her plea was sincere and dialogue would bring all parties to a common ground. To our dismay, the suspension of subsidy on January 1 as against the prescheduled April 2012 is complete deceit and shows that the GEJ led government has no respect for its populace.  More especially when we were still recovering from the Xmas day massacre. The action was too immature.

7. I have more queries to raise but I have to go now. It is midnight. To interest you, my wife and I leave the house 5.30am daily and return 11pm due to daily traffic from Victoria island through 3rd mainland bridge until we reach home. The generator is also making so much noise right now. Sir, please justify your nomination as purported by one of the foreign tabloids that you are the most intelligent Nigerian (in their dreams). We will discuss the drawbacks of your cashless society plan some other time. Good night Sir and sweet dreams.

Yours faithfully,
Concerned Nigerian

Just use FeDEX or DHL to send it to him.

I have already sent real cost of production of petrol from experts to him and the PPPRA. But they have not replied.
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by realborn(m): 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2012
Thanks all for the support. We must prevent the next generation from going through the hardship meted to us.
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by saddabm(m): 1:49pm On Jan 05, 2012
Ola one:

Sanusi the politician. He knows the truth but he's afraid of the owners of Nigeria. He seems dangerous to me right now.
I thought he was strong enough to call anyone's bluff, but, certainly not when it relates to the owners of Nigeria.

All of them want to be part of the ruling class and if they don't toe the line in matters like this, they stand no chance.

It isn't about the masses, even for a Sanusi; it's about their interest. May be I would do the same thing.
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Homburck: 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2012
It better for us to remove it you can look at pass years during December time we bought it more than 150 naira[email][/email] grin
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by Mohammedekete: 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
The world is what it is,we ar what we are.revolution cannot bring permanent change but evolution can.
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by yungboss(m): 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2012
MAYOWAAK:

FOR SALE
-bicycle
-camel
-horse
-donkey
Visit us at our office:
No 1, Oil Subsidy Road,
Alison Madueke Junction,
Goodluck Close,
By Labaran Maku Avenue,
Sanusi Lamido District,
Take note: To feed the aforementioned "beasts of burden"and for them to efficiently work for you, you got to spend money (twice the pre
-subsidy value) to take care of them, that means you pay twice to extract good value from them, Veterinary bills etc,
Re: An Open Letter To Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by andyanders: 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2012
Poster,
You have done the right thing by giving this to Sanusi who only reasons with his mouth and not his brain. Someone who stated that he cannot remember the last time he paid for fuel from his pocket.
He is privileged to have been in that position.
Ngozi Iwu --la who is part of America and IMF will come here to tell us how to run this government when she does not know how a common man in Nigeria manages his/her lives. They are the cabals since Sanusi and Ngozi cannot be bold enough to prosecute the so called cabals. How I wish he reads this piece of your msg.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2019)! / APC Fixes May 24 and 25 For Presidential Screening / Atiku: Okowa And I Share The Same Personality, Attributes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.