Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,666 members, 7,955,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:10 AM

Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south (22857 Views)

Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC / Occupy Nigeria: Pictures Of Protest At World Bank Hq,Washington DC, Us / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by tpia5: 11:07pm On Jan 05, 2012
edo state is not really "south south".

let them call themselves southsouth na.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by jason123: 11:10pm On Jan 05, 2012
realchange:

edo state is not really "south south". nigeria is confused. why are people not protesting in all se plus rivers, akwa-ibom, bayelsa, cross rivers and even delta?

Pardon??
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dayokanu(m): 11:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
Edo is not South SOuth Its South North East
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by realchange: 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2012
current sw should be west, while edo and even parts of delta should be south west.
edo has nothing in common with a typical south south person (bayelsa, rivers, cross rivers and akwa ibom)
even cross river and akwa ibom should be east. while se should remain se. naija is very confused
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by kels001: 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2012
@ real change and co, you guys must be the most clever people in Nigeria to assertain that Edo is not south South, focus on the matter on ground and stop your blind arguement,
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by realchange: 11:56pm On Jan 05, 2012
kels001:

@ real change and co, you guys must be the most clever people in Nigeria to assertain that Edo is not south South, focus on the matter on ground and stop your blind arguement,

sorry egbo mi, i'm only trying to explain why there is a protest in benin but not other parts of ss.
edo also voted acn in the last election, while other ss voted pdp. there will be more things later that will show that edo shares nothing with the rest of the ss. sorry if i offended you.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dayokanu(m): 11:59pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^ Imo voted APGA while other SE voted PDP.

That shows that Imo is not really SE they are South Central

cool cool
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 06, 2012
kels001:

Edo is no south-south. Maybe they didn't teach you directions, positions, compass usage and how to read maps in school. Only in Nigeria would an uneducated military man like Obasanjo term a state, situated where Edo is, south-south and every body would swallow it. Take a look one more time at the map of Nigeria and tell me that based on geography, Edo is a south-south state. If Edo is south-south, what does that make Bayelsa? south-south south? and Imo? south-south east?

All these educated illiterates.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dayokanu(m): 12:02am On Jan 06, 2012
^^ And in your own Geography, Is there any co-ordinate called South-South?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 06, 2012
dayokanu:

^^ And in your own Geography, Is there any co-ordinate called South-South?

and where in my post did you see me claim such? Do not put words in my mouth, mr man. The whole south-south terminology is just that ''dumb''. All naive attempts to make sure that Igbos do not count. Someone explain to me how a state like Cross-River is called south-south.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dayokanu(m): 12:16am On Jan 06, 2012
^^ Logic dictate that since you said Edo isnt South South, That must mean there are some states that are genuinely South South as evidenced from this part of your post

Take a look one more time at the map of Nigeria and tell me that based on geography, Edo is a south-south state. If Edo is south-south, what does that make Bayelsa? south-south south? and Imo? south-south east?

Since the basis for you discrediting Edo as a South South is based on the Geographical co-ordinates

Bandit C.:

Edo is no south-south. Maybe they didn't teach you directions, positions, compass usage and how to read maps in school. Only in Nigeria would an uneducated military man like Obasanjo term a state, situated where Edo is, south-south and every body would swallow it.

Now judge who is the illiterate cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by realchange: 12:16am On Jan 06, 2012
here is a map of naija to guide us

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by realchange: 12:18am On Jan 06, 2012
actually edo is even more "northern" than igbo land
south south should be for rivers and bayelsa and maybe parts of delta
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dayokanu(m): 12:19am On Jan 06, 2012
Bandit C.:

Edo is no south-south. Maybe they didn't teach you directions, positions, compass usage and how to read maps in school. Only in Nigeria would an uneducated military man like Obasanjo term a state, situated where Edo is, south-south and every body would swallow it. Take a look one more time at the map of Nigeria and tell me that based on geography, Edo is a south-south state. If Edo is south-south, what does that make Bayelsa? south-south south? and Imo? south-south east?

Ohio is categorised as a Mid West state

Below is the map of the United State

What makes Ohio in red Mid west?

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by realchange: 12:20am On Jan 06, 2012
^^
must we copy everything?
what if we are better in geography than others you are copying?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dayokanu(m): 12:25am On Jan 06, 2012
Are we not copying subsidy removal and fuel pricing from them? Are we not copying democracy from them, Are we not copying Science from them, even our language and dressing
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 06, 2012
dayokanu:

^^ Logic dictate that since you said Edo isnt South South, That must mean there are some states that are genuinely South South as evidenced from this part of your post

Since the basis for you discrediting Edo as a South South is based on the Geographical co-ordinates

Now judge who is the illiterate cheesy

You never win an argument based on what you believe your opponent ''assumes''. That single highlighted quote about Edo, south-south and south-south south, should have made it clear to you that i find the whole terminology idiotic and baseless but i guess good comprehension isn't really your thing based on your record here so i might as well be arguing with a m.oro.n, of which i never delve into such.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by realchange: 12:30am On Jan 06, 2012
dayokanu:

Are we not copying subsidy removal and fuel pricing from them? Are we not copying democracy from them, Are we not copying Science from them, even our language and dressing

nothing wrong in copying. i'm not against copying. i'm against copying without fixing, ie copying intoto/verbatim
we are smarter than that i hope
so, copy, fix, then adopt
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dayokanu(m): 12:32am On Jan 06, 2012
Bandit C.:

You never win an argument based on what you believe your opponent ''assumes''. That single highlighted quote about Edo, south-south and south-south south, should have made it clear to you that i find the whole terminology idiotic and baseless but i guess good comprehension isn't really your thing based on your record here so i might as well be arguing with a m.oro.n, of which i never delve into such.

When you make statements beffiting of a leprechaun on the internet you would always be called out for such senselessness

This is the www. Not a village
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 06, 2012
dayokanu:

When you make statements beffiting of a leprechaun on the internet you would always be called out for such senselessness

This is the www. Not a village

Nah. You never called anyone out you just exposed how naive and d.umb you are in arguing and reading comprehension.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by clip: 12:35am On Jan 06, 2012
The issue is not about which city is doing this or that, they want to divide us again.Let the movement spread on, irrespective of the city
God bless Nigeria
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 06, 2012
clip:

The issue is not about which city is doing this or that, they want to divide us again.Let the movement spread on, irrespective of the city
God bless Nigeria

Guy, answer your Papa name. Nigeria is already a divided country since 1966. We are merely tolerating ourselves till the inevitable occurs.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dayokanu(m): 12:39am On Jan 06, 2012
Bandit C.:

Nah. You never called anyone out you just exposed how naive and d.umb you are in arguing and reading comprehension.

Naive is when you claim Geography is the sole reason for placing states in Geo-Political zones

Dumb is when you persist with such argument even when evidence contrary has been shown
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Nobody: 1:19am On Jan 06, 2012
dayokanu:

Naive is when you claim Geography is the sole reason for placing states in Geo-Political zones

Dumb is when you persist with such argument even when evidence contrary has been shown

Both of which actually denotes your person.

Where else in the world, aside from Nigeria, do you find people using the term ''geo-political zones'' and basing such on maps? Maps are just that, maps and are meant to be just maps that shows position and directions but you m.oro.ns had to make maps political by coining up s.tup.id terms like south-south.

Now you realise that the terminology south-south does not exist after having clamoured for 3 days for the said ''south-south'' protesters.

I think i over-estimated you by using the term ''d.um.b'' because you are even worse. Arguing with you is torturing oneself.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by tpia5: 2:16am On Jan 06, 2012
Edo was grouped with south south because of oil.

However, the reason why the terminology south south still refuses to apply to edo state is because the original designation of mid west came about as a result of politics and also an after effect of the war. In other words, necessity.

Pushing edo state into a south south designation doesnt click because for one, its on account of oil and thus bound to be artificial or is it superficial.

Two, there are ethnic colourations involved which can only lead to more conflict sooner or later.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by okadaman2: 2:30am On Jan 06, 2012
Maps can be political and or physical

Maps 101
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Beaf: 2:46am On Jan 06, 2012
There was a meeting of all the South-South states to take far reaching political directions during the Yar Adua saga. Edo state was very bitter not to have been invited and gate-crashed the meeting to sign their allegiance to GEJ, even though they are ACN.

There is some difficulty with not seeing Edo state as a bit of an island that desperately wants to be called South-South (which it definitely is, culturally), but whose political umbilical cord is attached to the ACN, something totally alien and basically unthinkable in the rest of the SS.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by jason123: 3:08am On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

There was a meeting of all the South-South states to take far reaching political directions during the Yar Adua saga. Edo state was very bitter not to have been invited and gate-crashed the meeting to sign their allegiance to GEJ, even though they are ACN.

There is some difficulty with not seeing Edo state as a bit of an island that desperately wants to be called South-South (which it definitely is, culturally), but whose political umbilical cord is attached to the ACN, something totally alien and basically unthinkable in the rest of the SS.

Interesting . . .

There is ACN in Delta state (Burutu) and Akwa Ibom state (Uyo, Mr Emmanuel Etim Ekpeyong), those parts are partially not South-South, abi?
Beaf, the protest is NOT partisan and ethnically motivated. Stop making it so. We are educated adults not illiterates.

I am not "for" or against "it" but your theory might do more harm to the South-south than good. I will be willing to hear your opinion if/when other South-southern states protest. . . .

That's my piece, Oda-ejuma!
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by exotik: 3:20am On Jan 06, 2012
but whose political umbilical cord is attached to the ACN, something totally alien and basically unthinkable in the rest of the SS.

so were u expecting people in edo to still vote in PDP after they had eight years of lucky? forgive us for thinking democracy is not supposed to be a one party rule. i remember voting for jonathan becos i needed to see that change where someone from the so-called "minority" groups would lead nigeria. same reason i voted for chris okotie when he ran against obj after obj's first term. there are still a lot of independent voters out there who dont not follow the "crowd-mentality" and that was how pdp lost edo on the state level but not on the federal level. or were u expecting people in edo to vote buhari? or who the fck was respresenting ACN? coz i cant even remember now.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Beaf: 4:36am On Jan 06, 2012
jason123:

Interesting . . .

There is ACN in Delta state (Burutu) and Akwa Ibom state (Uyo, Mr Emmanuel Etim Ekpeyong), those parts are partially not South-South, abi?
Beaf, the protest is NOT partisan and ethnically motivated. Stop making it so. We are educated adults not illiterates.

I am not "for" or against "it" but your theory might do more harm to the South-south than good. I will be willing to hear your opinion if/when other South-southern states protest. . . .

That's my piece, Oda-ejuma!

You should be ashamed to be counting people on the fingers of one hand. ACN is an abberation in the SS and it is obvious even to the blind.
Please keep to the argument of how Edo is percieved and why that is so, instead of cracking jokes that ain't funny.

PDP has a much bigger presence in just Ogun state alone than ACN can dream in the entire SS, but it would take a clown to term Ogun a PDP state.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by ak47mann(m): 5:20am On Jan 06, 2012
[b] ACN [/b]PROPAGANDA MACHINE IS AT WORK cool cool cool
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by akhis: 7:19am On Jan 06, 2012
PLease is anyone aware if the protest in Benin will continue today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Procures 100 Vehicles For Traditional Rulers / 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 / APC Tells Jonathan Not To Defend Hinself Against Cameron's Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.