Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,067 members, 7,953,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:05 PM

Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south (22852 Views)

Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC / Occupy Nigeria: Pictures Of Protest At World Bank Hq,Washington DC, Us / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by aljharem3: 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by aljharem3: 3:59pm On Jan 05, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Pharoh: 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2012
There seems to be a lot of intelligent people on Nairaland and ask them to contest for elective post to fix their country and they cannot do that.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by humblebee: 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2012
this guy/girl called beaf should be ignored, i admire people that argue with him
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Ufeolorun(m): 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2012
humblebee:

this guy/girl called beaf should be ignored, i admire people that argue with him

They are his biggest enablers on this forum and it's quite unfortunate.We all know he is shockingly dishonest,why keep engaging him. 
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by vanstanzy(m): 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2012
Subsidy removal is a good thing but people misunderstood what it meant and thats why there is no protest in south east and south south.

YES ITS TRUE ITS A GOOD THING BUT AT LEAST THE FG SHOULD SHARE IN THE SACRIFICE BY SLASHING THEIR JUMBO PAYS AND ALSO TRY CUSHIONING THE EFFECT OF OVER-INFLATION. THEY DARN RITE HAVENT DONE NON OF THESE AND U XPECT PEOPLE TO BE QUIET?

CHECK OUT THIS CHORUS AM SINGING FOR JONAH
grin WHAT U GONNA DO WHEN SHIT HITS THE FAN, R U GONNA STAND AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN? COS U SURE AINT AS TOUGH AS U SAY U R OR U GONNA RUN GO GET UR BODYGUARDS?grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dmainboss: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2012
[size=15pt]I just came back from Benin Yesterday. There is no protest anywhere. You shouldnt spread lies just to push your point. There is nothing wrong with protesting but what you are posting are lies. There was no protest in Benin. Benin is as peaceful as anything. Most people in the south south are not interested in protesting against removal of subsidy. They are only interested in a split of the country![/size]
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by aljharem3: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2012
dmainboss:

I just came back from Benin Yesterday. There is no protest anywhere. You shouldnt spread lies just to push your point. There is nothing wrong with protesting but what you are posting are lies. There was no protest in Benin. Benin is as peaceful as anything. Most people in the south south are not interested in protesting against removal of subsidy. They are only interested in a split of the country!

Please delete that rubbish ok yesterday is different from today U bigoted ideeiot. I am in benin-city right now and there was protest yesterday and Today Ok. King's square benin-city I am there.

[size=18pt]who care whether it is SS or SW or NW. Do you think people actually care what region or ethnic group the protest is from ?[/size]

People are suffering you are here telling us about south-south, south-east. TRIBALIST

Protester take over benin city

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/protesters-take-over-benin-city/

Protester in benin

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/removal-of-fuel-subsidy-protesters-ground-benin-city/
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by exotik: 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2012
dmainboss:

[size=15pt]I just came back from Benin Yesterday. There is no protest anywhere. You shouldnt spread lies just to push your point. There is nothing wrong with protesting but what you are posting are lies. There was no protest in Benin. Benin is as peaceful as anything. Most people in the south south are not interested in protesting against removal of subsidy. They are only interested in a split of the country![/size]

u left benin yesterday and u are commenting on what is happening in benin today? the protest na true.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by enyhss(m): 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2012
@dmainboss,

Why wouldn't you just use a Visual Aid  If necessary to see what the Op posted ? With what I see up here with my two eyes, he did not say this protest  took place yesterday. It happened today, not yesterday!

Please read again!.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by okadaman2: 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2012
dmainboss:

[size=15pt]I just came back from Benin Yesterday. There is no protest anywhere. You shouldn't spread lies just to push your point. There is nothing wrong with protesting but what you are posting are lies. There was no protest in Benin. Benin is as peaceful as anything. Most people in the south south are not interested in protesting against removal of subsidy. They are only interested in a split of the country![/size]

Your obvious lies about Benin aside. .

When will you and your goons propose a split of the country? when GEJ leaves power?

Or when amnesty money finally runs out?

Your post from yesterday:

dmainboss:

I Just spoke to a friend in PH this morning and asked him how the subsidy protest is going and he laughed and said, it is the poor guys in Lagos that are protesting. He said GEJ has empowered boys in ND and they dont have time for protest. He said the guy that used to paint his office and house told him he no longer has time for that because he now collects 150k monthly amnesty pay. He just came back from SA for training. Boys are smiling in Niger Delta and they dont have time for any yeye protest. It is time for the south west to fight it out. When Ojukwu was shouting his voice hoax over 40 years ago, they said he was a f00l. Some still come here and insult him.

Let them fight it out. It is their turn now. This is not the fight of the SE or SS. We are watching. When we see the terrain is clear, we will act. No more free beer. That era is gone. Boys are driving around with big machines in PH. No time for yeye protest.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dmainboss: 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2012
exotik:

u left benin yesterday and u are commenting on what is happening in benin today?  the protest na true.

[size=14pt]You are stu.pid  for peddling lies. I am on the phone to Benin right now and there is no protest there still just like yesterday. You are full of lies and crap. I dont mind if they protest but you are a f00lish propaganda machine. We want this country split. simple as that. dunc.e

And the first picture you posted there has the heading, yesterday. You lied thru your teeth. f00l. So what will make anyone believe you when you say it is now today? You are very inconsistent[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Abagworo(m): 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2012
dmainboss:

You cannot say this in Benin city and walk away breathing.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by infofta(m): 4:57pm On Jan 05, 2012
@dmainboss
Shut your mouth. You are not in Benin, yet you say no protest in Benin City. I reside in Benin City. Ring road was blocked with thousands of protesters. Some of them carrying coffin. Call those you know to confirm.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dmainboss: 4:57pm On Jan 05, 2012
alj_harem:

Please delete that rubbish ok yesterday is different from today U bigoted ideeiot. I am in benin-city right now and there was protest yesterday and Today Ok. King's square benin-city I am there.

[size=18pt]who care whether it is SS or SW or NW. Do you think people actually care what region or ethnic group the protest is from ?[/size]

People are suffering you are here telling us about south-south, south-east. TRIBALIST

Protester take over benin city

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/protesters-take-over-benin-city/

Protester in benin

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/removal-of-fuel-subsidy-protesters-ground-benin-city/
[size=16pt]
You are stu.pid  for peddling lies. I am on the phone to Benin right now and there is no protest there still just like yesterday. You are full of lies and crap. I dont mind if they protest but you are a f00lish propaganda machine. We want this country split. simple as that. dunc.e

And the first picture you posted there has the heading, yesterday. You lied thru your teeth. f00l. So what will make anyone believe you when you say it is now today? You are very inconsistent and dishonest[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by exotik: 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2012
dmainboss:

[size=14pt]You are stu.pid  for peddling lies. I am on the phone to Benin right now and there is no protest there still just like yesterday. You are full of lies and crap. I dont mind if they protest but you are a f00lish propaganda machine. We want this country split. simple as that. dunc.e

And the first picture you posted there has the heading, yesterday. You lied thru your teeth. f00l. So what will make anyone believe you when you say it is now today? You are very inconsistent[/size]

grin why are u cussing me na? i didnt even say whether the protest na good thing or bad thing. i just only confirmed that it is true. and btw, i didnt post any pictures so i dunno what u are talking about.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by yd849ja: 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2012
For all you proponents of removal of fuel subsidy that thinks even at the old price of N65, Investors in refineries can not make profit until government increases the price to N141. Please do a little reading below about the process of fuel refining and costing at the pump in America. While you are at it do have in mind that production in Nigeria has to be cheaper than the US, also consider the TAX on price in America, meaning that if tax is removed as it is right now Nigeria pricing would even be more than that of the US (1ltr = $0.87 tax inclusive in the US, N141 in Nigeria without tax). So I see no reason why any reasonable business man would not make profit even if they want to refine at the old price.    

Culled from How stuffs works USA http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel-consumption/gas-price1.htm

This is what the average breakdown looked like in April 2011. Let's look at those components in more detail.

Crude oil - The biggest portion of the cost of gas goes to the crude-oil suppliers. This is determined by the world's oil-exporting nations, particularly the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), which you will learn more about in the next section. The amount of crude oil these countries produce determines the price of a barrel of oil. Crude-oil prices averaged around $35 per barrel (1 barrel = 42 gallons or 158.99 L) in 2004. And, after Hurricane Katrina, some prices were almost double that. In April 2008, crude-oil prices averaged around $104.74 per barrel. During that month, the price of oil reached a record price of almost $120 a barrel [source: DOE]. By May 16, prices had topped $117 per barrel [source: MarketWatch]. On May 22, markets in New York and London reported prices past $135 per barreland, and on July 11, oil hit an all-time high of $147 [source: Forbes, New York Sun]. Analysts speculated that everything from investment in oil futures to increasing demand from countries like India and China contributed to the spike in price.

Sometimes, gas prices go up even though there is plenty of crude oil on the market. It depends on what kind of oil it is. Oil can be classified as heavy or light, and as sweet or sour (no one actually tastes the oil, that's just what they call it). Light, sweet crude is easier and cheaper to refine, but supplies have been running low. There's plenty of heavy, sour crude available in the world, but refineries, particularly those in the U.S., have to undergo costly retooling to handle it.

Refining costs - The cost of refining diesel fuel can be considerably higher than the price of refining regular gasoline. To learn more about oil refining, read How Oil Refining Works.
Distribution and marketing - Crude oil is transported to refineries, and gasoline is shipped from the refineries to distribution points and then to gas stations. The price of transportation is passed along to the consumer. Marketing the brand of the oil company is also added into the cost of the gasoline you buy.
Taxes - Federal and state governments each place excise taxes on gasoline. There may also be some additional taxes, such as applicable state sales taxes, gross receipts taxes, oil inspection fees, underground storage tank fees and other miscellaneous environmental fees. Add that to the state excise taxes, and it can average 27.4 cents. It could be worse. In Europe, gas prices are far higher than in America because taxes on gas are much higher.
Station markup - Of course some of the money you spend at the pump does go to the service station. While some consumers blame high prices on station markup, service stations typically add on a few cents per gallon. There's no set standard for how much gas stations add on to the price. Some may add just a couple of cents, while others may add as much as a dime or more. However, some states have markup laws prohibiting stations from charging less than a certain percentage over invoice from the wholesaler. These laws are designed to protect small, individually-owned gas stations from being driven out of business by large chains that can afford to slash prices at select locations.
Average U.S. Gasoline Prices
Year
Price Per Gallon
$1.22
$1.96
$1.22
$1.21
$1.56
$1.53
$1.44
$1.64
$1.92
$2.34
$2.63
$2.85
$3.32
$2.40
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Price Index (CPI). Average Price Data, Gasoline All Types.
Gas prices also vary from state to state for several reasons. Taxes are probably the biggest factor in the different prices around the country. Additionally, competition among local gas stations can drive prices down. Distance from the oil refineries can also affect prices -- stations closer to the Gulf of Mexico, where many oil refineries are located, have lower gas prices due to lower transportation costs. There are also some regional factors that can affect prices.

World events, wars and weather can also raise prices. Anything that affects any part of the process, from the moment the oil is drilled, through refining and distribution to your car will result in a change in price. Military conflicts in parts of the world with lots of oil supplies can make it difficult for oil companies to drill and ship crude oil. Hurricanes have damaged offshore drilling platforms, coastal refineries and shipping ports that receive oil tankers. If a tanker itself is lost or damaged, or leaks its oil into the ocean, that will put a dent in the market as well.

Next, we'll look at why it's more expensive to buy gas in Milwaukee, Wis., than in many other parts of the United States.­
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by kokoA(m): 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2012
Who be dis one again People wey dey Benin d tell you say dem d protest, you dey curse dem undecided
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dmainboss: 5:02pm On Jan 05, 2012
[size=16pt]south south is not protesting. Who cares about anything? Who cares what happens to you and Nigeria. We are not interested. get it in your thick skull. We want the country split. Are you too daft to understand that? What concerns us concern you? Why would we want to subsidize your lazy unproductive as.se.s? Go back to your state and start producing something instead of asking for free beer? Ewu!!![/size]
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by okadaman2: 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2012
Benin Protests. . .

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by okadaman2: 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2012
More from Benin today. . .

the message in this one is the core of the issue for me. .

Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by aljharem3: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2012
dmainboss:

[size=16pt]south south is not protesting. Who cares about anything? Who cares what happens to you and Nigeria. We are not interested. get it in your thick skull. We want the country split. Are you too daft to understand that? What concerns us concern you? Why would we want to subsidize your lazy unproductive behind.es? Go back to your state and start producing something instead of asking for free beer? Ewu!!![/size]

Who is talking about spiting the country ?

Now what part of benin-city are you in now ?

BTW EDO protested today

Tomorrow it would be Rivers and cross river. cool
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by 2mch(m): 5:07pm On Jan 05, 2012
dmainboss:

dmainboss:

dmainboss:

[size=16pt]south south is not protesting. Who cares about anything? Who cares what happens to you and Nigeria. We are not interested. get it in your thick skull. We want the country split. Are you too daft to understand that? What concerns us concern you? Why would we want to subsidize your lazy unproductive as.se.s? Go back to your state and start producing something instead of asking for free beer? Ewu!!![/size]

Beaf and co. don finally vex. grin grin grin cheesy. Hypertension wan kill them. This is just the start. By the time NIGERIANS are done with you, you will not be able to show your face anywhere grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by okadaman2: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
dmainboss:

It's ok I support your desire for an equitable split. When you are ready hit the streets, let us know. .

GEJ is in power now sef, so what are you waiting for? Or is GEJ against the split  your people want sooooo badly?

If he's against it then why are you supporting him sir  .

Abi una don sacrifice the Niger Delta Revolution on the altar of Greed and amnesty dollar??  undecided

Una wan wait make amnesty money finish shey??  grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by dmainboss: 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
[size=18pt]You are posting st.upi.d fake pics. That is not from a today protest in Benin. I grew up in Benin. tell me who is leading the protest? Is it students? Is it market women? Is it ACN party people. Is it who? If they carried a coffin. who sponsored it? You think you are talking to children? You just look for fake pics from google images and post them here. You are too dishonest. Oshimole is in full support of fuel subsidy removal so ACn is definitely not going to protest. Who will then protest and go as far as sponsoring the use of a coffin and buying one? Is it civill society groups? because I cant see any of them in your pics. Even if you are right for fighting against fuel subsidy removal, you shouldnt spread false information to butress your point. We can only join real struggle, not lies like yours. It is the likes of you that are spreading rumours and propaganda that iweala wants to resign and Abati has resigned and all that crap. You are not helping the fight. You are destroying it.

And for the records, WE WANT NIGERIA SPLIT, NOT SUBSIDY FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO PRODUCE NOTHING![/size]
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Skipfr(m): 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2012
Benin is rily burning.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by aljharem3: 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2012
Skipfr:

Benin is rily burning.

abeg till that bros above you o grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by 2mch(m): 5:17pm On Jan 05, 2012
okada_man:

Benin Protests. . .

So this is a coffin for who? Benin people are no joke. Dem buy cofin come wear red scarf and carry juju staff for Beaf and company. ROTFLMAO. grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by kokoA(m): 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2012
It seem the subsidy removal injected madness into some people o shocked Who be dis dude wey jus come d fill my screen with big big letters forming yeye sentences resulting to meaningless replies nau Bros. Sorry, we gree . dem no protest for benin today u hear? Now can we have our peace?
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by Skipfr(m): 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
@dmainboss imagine d rubbish word dat is coming 4rm ur mouth. U grew up in benin and so wat? Dere was serious protest in Benin 2day up til 4pm d protest was stil on. Confirm b4 u say anytin.
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by okadaman2: 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
dmainboss:

[size=18pt]You are posting st.upi.d fake pics. That is not from a today protest in Benin. I grew up in Benin. tell me who is leading the protest? Is it students? Is it market women? Is it ACN party people. Is it who? If they carried a coffin. who sponsored it? You think you are talking to children? You just look for fake pics from google images and post them here. You are too dishonest. Oshimole is in full support of fuel subsidy removal so ACn is definitely not going to protest. Who will then protest and go as far as sponsoring the use of a coffin and buying one? Is it civill society groups? because I cant see any of them in your pics. Even if you are right for fighting against fuel subsidy removal, you shouldnt spread false information to butress your point. We can only join real struggle, not lies like yours. It is the likes of you that are spreading rumours and propaganda that iweala wants to resign and Abati has resigned and all that crap. You are not helping the fight. You are destroying it.

And for the records, WE WANT NIGERIA SPLIT, NOT SUBSIDY FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO PRODUCE NOTHING![/size]

Mr.  I-Want-To-Split-The-Country-But-Amnesty-Dollars-No-Go-Gree-Me-Act  grin

You better just log out and go spend your amnesty dollars jejely grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south by aljharem3: 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2012
Skipfr:

@dmainboss imagine d rubbish word dat is coming 4rm your mouth. U grew up in benin and so wat? Dere was serious protest in Benin 2day up til 4pm d protest was stil on. Confirm b4 u say anytin.

Abi oooo. We have funny people on nairaland at times grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK / Governor Okowa Working On Abandoned Projects In Warri, Delta State (Photos) / Umahi: Fani-Kayode Is A Liar, He Played No Role In My Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.