Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices (18589 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Beaf: 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2012
[size=14pt]Cameroon feels heat after Goodluck scraps oil subsidies[/size]

Cameroonians living in the border areas with Nigeria are counting losses following president Goodluck Jonathan's recent declaration of state of emergency in some states of Northern Nigeria, and closing of the border between the two neighbouring countries.

The move has affected prices of basic commodities in the areas especially as a result of higher petro prices and lack of supplies from the Nigerian markets.

Already, prices of basic commodities that Cameroonian traders used to buy cheaply from the Nigeria side, in Borno State, have more than tripled.

The price hikes are a result of the closure of Banki frontier market that used to supply Cameroon denying them a source of affordable goods.

“Customs revenue from imported goods from Nigeria has dried up as there is no trans-border trade after Nigeria decided to close its border”, said a senior Cameroonian customs officer who sought anonymity because he is not authorised to speak on behalf of the government authority.

Faced with growing threat of terrorism from the Islamists terror group Boko Haram, Nigeria recently closed it borders with some of the neighbouring countries, in a bid to halt cross border terror activities.

Dwindling stocks
As borders were closed, Nigeria also announced a decision on to scrap oil subsidies. That has affected bordering Cameroon town that have relied on Nigeria for petro supply.

Over the years, smuggling of fuel from Nigeria for sale in areas within in Cameroon has been on the rise especially due to better prices.

http://www.africareview.com/News/Cameroon+feels+heat+after+Goodluck+scraps+oil+subsidies/-/979180/1300398/-/1aetu8z/-/
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Beaf: 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
One can only imagine what would happen to Benin Republic where practically all filling stations have closed down, because of smuggling. You can basically only buy smuggled fuel there. It must be the same in Burkinafasso and Togo (to a lesser extent)l.
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
Hahahahaha! E don blow for them o!
Shebi them claim Bakassi Peninsula from us na! So the oil for Bakassi no fit sustain them?

God pass them.
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by karlmax2: 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2012
Subsidy removal already working we would knw how many litres of pms we really consume 9jai
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by JamesDoe: 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2012
@ the lying Psycophants

It was the closing of the borders caused by GEJ's incompetence to 1) manage our borders and customs properly and 2) stop terrorism.

You are truly the worst type of human being that exists. People like you are often executed by their handlers once they realise that you have lied to them about what the masses think.  

When people like you go to bed each night, I am sure they think: "is it tonight that the people come for me?"
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2012
JamesDoe:

@ the lying Psycophants

It was the closing of the borders caused by GEJ's incompetence to 1) manage our borders and customs properly and 2) stop terrorism.

You are truly the worst type of human being that exists. People like you are often executed by their handlers once they realise that you have lied to them about what the masses think.  

When people like you go to bed each night, I am sure they think: "is it tonight that the people come for me?"

grin grin grin
Beaf is this true? cheesy
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2012
@Beaf: why are you always so abusive? I neither insulted you nor called you any name yet this?

Na wa o. sad

cheesy oh! I guess my profile underneath infuriated you? Sorry o. But your Godfather is a Clusterfuck.
Mu he he he ehe hehe! (As lasinoh would laff) grin
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by emmke(m): 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2012
JamesDoe:

@ the lying Psycophants

the IBB'S, the GEJ'S, the ABACHA'S are all terrible people. But to me, the likes of Beaf are the most terrible set of humans. Yes, i talk am. angry
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by aljharem3: 12:54pm On Jan 05, 2012
Beaf you are such a lair

JamesDoe:

@ the lying Psycophants

Thank you
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by karlmax2: 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2012
As borders were closed, Nigeria also announced a decision on to scrap oil subsidies. That has affected bordering Cameroon town that have relied on Nigeria for petro supply.

Over the years, smuggling of fuel from Nigeria for sale in areas within in Cameroon has been on the rise especially due to better prices.

For those who claim is only the shutting down of border
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Demdem(m): 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2012
JamesDoe:

@ the lying Psycophants

a very good response for this post.
Thread closed.
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by aljharem3: 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2012
karl max:

For those who claim is only the shutting down of border

it is like we have ideeiot in Nigeria

[size=18pt]what is the solution to smugglers ?

is it removal of a subsidy or[b] CLOSING OF BORDERS[/b]
[/size]

Please you are sooo stuuu.piddd it is very annoying to see stuuu.pid ignorant peope

Just STFU and go back to bed please angry
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Beaf: 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2012
pDude:

@Beaf: why are you always so abusive? I neither insulted you nor called you any name yet this?

Na wa o. sad

cheesy oh! I guess my profile underneath infuriated you? Sorry o. But your Godfather is a Clusterfuck.
Mu he he he ehe hehe! (As lasinoh would laff) grin

So, why were you stoking flames? I saw his silly post and ignored it. Dude, its cowardly to stoke flames, its something serpents do.
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2012
Beaf has all the true characteristics of the Nigerian government:

Lies
Deceit
Corrupt
Greedy
Mumu-ish
Retarded
Clueless
Cowardly
Etc
Just name it. Beaf has it all.
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Onyocha: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2012
this one is like someone cutting his own hand to implicate another man in crime.
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by aljharem3: 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2012
pDude:

Lies
Deceit
Corrupt
Greedy
Mumu-ish
slow
Clueless
Cowardly
Etc

Also very manipulative

thank you, please keep exposing him
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Gbawe: 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2012
JamesDoe:

@ the lying Psycophants

Indeed - and a total m.o.r.on to boot . Why don't we advise western nations to surgically seal the noses of their citizens to prevent them snorting cocaine? Surely, that is a much better solution than maintaining the dignity of their citizens via tackling the dealers and importers of the drug !!!!!

By the same logic why not back blanket subsidy removal under the same President who will not tackle the corrupt element of subsidy ? Did the same President not appoint an IG much less qualified than many who had to be retired to accomodate his promotion?

Go through MMIA today and it is extortion and corruption from when you go in till when you board the plane. Passport offices in Nigeria, totally the same. Police nko? Our bribery zones Borders nko ? Yet this same GEJ has been substantive President approaching 2 years now !!!

Sad that those who cause the problems are allowed to pretend attempting to solve it. What a mad nation.
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Beaf: 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2012
emmke:

the IBB'S, the GEJ'S, the ABACHA'S are all terrible people. But to me, the likes of Beaf are the most terrible set of humans. Yes, i talk am. angry

Why am I terrible? Because the smugglers do de hear am? grin grin grin
Dude, you sound like either a marketer or a smuggler. Business don spoil? lol!
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by DRANOEL(m): 1:07pm On Jan 05, 2012
@pork'beef'bacon'suya or what ever it is you call urself

you've just exposed your boss "doofus jonathan" further. so truly we don't actually consume the 35million daily prime minister iweala told us! a percentage goes to cameroun,niger,benin and co through smuggling because of our poorous borders caused by fg's incompetence
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Beaf: 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2012
^
Another angry smuggler! grin grin grin

pDude:

Lies
Deceit
Corrupt
Greedy
Mumu-ish
slow
Clueless
Cowardly
Etc

Thank you.

Is all this because una no fit smuggle again? Chei! Odu n mi gidi gidi gidi gan o!! Paga!!
Bros, your "revoluson" don finis?

Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by aljharem3: 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2012
Beaf:

Another angry smuggler! grin grin grin

Thank you.

Is all this because una no fit smuggle again? Chei! Odu n mi gidi gidi gidi gan o!! Paga!!
Bros, your "revoluson" don finis?

alj_harem:

it is like we have ideeiot in Nigeria

[size=18pt]what is the solution to smugglers ?

is it removal of a subsidy or[b] CLOSING OF BORDERS[/b]
[/size]

Please you are sooo stuuu.piddd it is very annoying to see stuuu.pid ignorant peope

Just STFU and go back to bed please angry

Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by DeepSight(m): 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2012
I find it amazing that Beaf is still able to post anything on this board.

Oh well, i guess that's why he makes do with puerile pictures only these days.
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by aljharem3: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
Deep Sight:

I find it amazing that Beaf is still able to post anything on this board.

Oh well, i guess that's why he makes do with puerile pictures only these days.

Yes he is even laughing at us for protesting and using tribalism calling Nigerians parasites
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by karlmax2: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
Al boko haram if Ʊ can't read ask one of ur gworo chewing brothers to interprete is for Ʊ ”As borders were closed, Nigeria also announced a decision on to scrap oil subsidies. That has affected bordering Cameroon town that have relied on Nigeria for petro supply."

Moreover why aint Ʊ on the street protesting is naira land now the avenue to show ur frustration on people who don't buy ur lame support for subsidy that why ur an aboki cus Ʊ behave like a cattle
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Beaf: 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed - and a total m.o.r.on to boot . Why don't we advise western nations to surgically seal the noses of their citizens to prevent them snorting cocaine? Surely, that is a much better solution than maintaining the dignity of their citizens via tackling the dealers and importers of the drug !!!!!

By the same logic why not back blanket subsidy removal under the same President who will not tackle the corrupt element of subsidy ? Did the same President not appoint an IG much less qualified than many who had to be retired to accomodate his promotion?

Go through MMIA today and it is extortion and corruption from when you go in till when you board the plane. Passport offices in Nigeria, totally the same. Police nko? Our bribery zones Borders nko ? Yet this same GEJ has been substantive President approaching 2 years now !!!

Sad that those who cause the problems are allowed to pretend attempting to solve it. What a mad nation.

Bros, you still de here? shocked shocked shocked shocked
I thought by now you would be leading hoards of unwashed, wild-eyed, froth-mouthed Neanderthals on a scary REVOLUTION!
What happened to your "owners of Nigeria?" They got scared? LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

Aluta! grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by Beaf: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2012
I want to buy a cow. How much is alj haram?
Unu go wound o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by aljharem3: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2012
karl max:

Al boko haram if Ʊ can't read ask one of your gworo chewing brothers to interprete is for Ʊ ”As borders were closed, Nigeria also announced a decision on to scrap oil subsidies. That has affected bordering Cameroon town that have relied on Nigeria for petro supply."

Moreover why aint Ʊ on the street protesting is naira land now the avenue to show your frustration on people who don't buy your lame support for subsidy that why your an aboki cus Ʊ behave like a cattle

1. I am using my phone, I am on the street. Ok

2. STFU this is what you said "Over the years, smuggling of fuel from Nigeria for sale in areas within in Cameroon has been on the rise especially due to better prices."

and I replied is the solution closing the border or removal of subsidy ?

answer the question
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by karlmax2: 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2012
Beaf:
Quote from: Gbawe on Today at 01:04:58 PM

Bros, you still de here?
I thought by now you would be leading hoards of unwashed, wild-eyed, froth-mouthed Neanderthals on a scary REVOLUTION!
What happened to your "owners of Nigeria?" They got scared? LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

Aluta!

Ʊ ∂eƔ mind them since subsidy removal they've been on nairaland pasting pictures and Analysing what they don't knw go to the street and protest!!!
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by DeepSight(m): 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2012
Beaf:

Bros, you still de here? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Aluta! grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

*Sigh*
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by karlmax2: 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2012
alj_harem:
Quote from: karl max on Today at 01:12:50 PM

Al boko haram if Ʊ can't read ask one of your gworo chewing brothers to interprete is for Ʊ ”As borders were closed, Nigeria also announced a decision on to scrap oil subsidies. That has affected bordering Cameroon town that have relied on Nigeria for petro supply."

Moreover why aint Ʊ on the street protesting is naira land now the avenue to show your frustration on people who don't buy your lame support for subsidy that why your an aboki cus Ʊ behave like a cattle

1. I am using my phone, I am on the street. Ok

2. STFU this is what you said "Over the years, smuggling of fuel from Nigeria for sale in areas within in Cameroon has been on the rise especially due to better prices."

and I replied is the solution closing the border or removal of subsidy ?

answer the question

Go to the street and protest if Ʊ do not knw that we have been subsidizing fuel for Ʊr chad and niger brothers. Now that there is no more free bees for ur brothers in chad and niger and there is no way for them to come and join ur protest, since our borders are closed why don't Ʊ Go out and join the occupynigeria protest and stop insulting urself here on naira land coward
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by aljharem3: 1:28pm On Jan 05, 2012
karl max:

Go to the street and protest if Ʊ do not knw that we have been subsidizing fuel for Ʊr chad and niger brothers. Now that there is no more free bees for your brothers in chad and niger and there is no way for them to come and join your protest, since our borders are closed why don't Ʊ Go out and join the occupynigeria protest and stop insulting urself here on naira land coward

Dude you are a clown, I am in benin-city right now

I am posting from my phone and taking pic. so STFU and go and sleep OK
Re: GEJ's State Of Emergency & Fuel Subsidy Removal Affects Cameroun Prices by beafroast: 1:29pm On Jan 05, 2012
walahi! Beaf if u be woman ur 'thing' go sell wella.
All the traits of ashy u get am for body. U just dey everywhere just to make sure sey people believe u and ur oga. Insult na ur birth-right abi na inheretance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria / 2019: APC, PDP Set For War In Kano, Kaduna, 13 Other ‘fluid’ States / 2019: Benue PDP To Return David Mark To Senate For 6th Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.