Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,042 members, 7,814,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Was Mary Really A Virgin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Mary Really A Virgin? (3555 Views)

How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? / Who Was Mary Magdalene & What Is The Mystery In "the Last Supper" By Da Vinci? / Was Mary,mother Of Jesus Crucified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2012
[size=13pt]ha ha ha ^^ grin grin

Joseph is behind the scene as we can see. . . cheesy cheesy the bible have been hiding somethings from people . wink
[/size]

PAGAN 9JA:

[img]http://dummr.files./2010/08/holy-fu.jpg?w=500[/img]
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2012
[size=13pt]You mean Mary the mother of Jesus was defiled ? wow. . . . cheesy cheesy[/size]

moshoodn:

God don't come through defiled places.
Mary was undefiled.
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by Hardeihorllah(m): 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2012
@logic mind,
When I saw that name, logic mind and the topic, I thought I was going to read something that is highly logical. I was disappointed when I finally read the tread.

Next time you want to write something as significant as this, why not just take your time to be able to write something that will be a little bit logical and sensible with opened mind, than this. We that believe that Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus, believed because the Bible says so, even the Koran also confirmed it, an alfa with unbiassed mind in the house can confirm it. Not everyone is a LovePeddler even in our world of today, we still have people that value purity over the decadence that have eaten deeply into the fabric of our existence!!!
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by inedi: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2012
If the bible say so then she was a virgin, no dought about it.
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by newmi(m): 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2012
do we have any justification to think otherwise?
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by LogicMind: 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2012
newmi:

do we have any justification to think otherwise?
Yes, but what's the point?
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by Amyr: 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2012
I am not writing to win but to express my own opinions in as clear way as i can. No intellectual, not even the Emmanuel Kant, who, during the enlightenment, refined the pure doctrine of reason, advanced a logical argument devoid of bias or sentiment. Reason is not a master but a servant, meant to advance our emotional connection, however right or wrong it is. That being said, let us not confuse deductions conceived of preconceived subjective motives with a stated fact, unless, in the spirit of objective determination, we find it fall short of the truth(so much of confusion on that). To say Mary is not a virgin can be likely if we remove her from the context of the jew she is and from the spontaneous flow of the story from that of an orthodox jew to that of a post Marilyn Munroe world where girls are taught to cast off all moral restraints and follow their feelings. Your view is by no means novel-progressive christianity, differing from their fundamental counterparts have posited your views immodiately after the second world war. The Church of Satan even carried it to the most liberal limit. My opinion is that, like the Letter to Gracia, It is most reasonable to subject oneself, first, to the true emotional and rational import of the message before we take a rational comment. I take it that when a member on this forum was reffered as a fool, a mental conclusion was reached as to the answer(although in reasoned arguments have no final conclusion, The Bible was submitted for scrutiny but for other quoted texts, like the sixth and seventh books of Moses, there was no such rule applied that got me thinking whether we are interested in the humour of intellecual quest or in a subjective rallying for supporters to a preconceived cause). Let us see Mary, in her world before we make a conclusion-my subjective experience of the objective sees much of good in that, ortherwise christianity, judaism and even the books of Moses reffered to fails.
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by LogicMind: 12:41am On Jan 10, 2012
Amyr:

I am not writing to win but to express my own opinions in as clear way as i can. No intellectual, not even the Emmanuel Kant, who, during the enlightenment, refined the pure doctrine of reason, advanced a logical argument devoid of bias or sentiment. Reason is not a master but a servant, meant to advance our emotional connection, however right or wrong it is. That being said, let us not confuse deductions conceived of preconceived subjective motives with a stated fact, unless, in the spirit of objective determination, we find it fall short of the truth(so much of confusion on that). To say Mary is not a virgin can be likely if we remove her from the context of the jew she is and from the spontaneous flow of the story from that of an orthodox jew to that of a post Marilyn Munroe world where girls are taught to cast off all moral restraints and follow their feelings. Your view is by no means novel-progressive christianity, differing from their fundamental counterparts have posited your views immodiately after the second world war. The Church of Satan even carried it to the most liberal limit. My opinion is that, like the Letter to Gracia, It is most reasonable to subject oneself, first, to the true emotional and rational import of the message before we take a rational comment. I take it that when a member on this forum was reffered as a fool, a mental conclusion was reached as to the answer(although in reasoned arguments have no final conclusion, The Bible was submitted for scrutiny but for other quoted texts, like the sixth and seventh books of Moses, there was no such rule applied that got me thinking whether we are interested in the humour of intellecual quest or in a subjective rallying for supporters to a preconceived cause). Let us see Mary, in her world before we make a conclusion-my subjective experience of the objective sees much of good in that, ortherwise christianity, judaism and even the books of Moses reffered to fails.

A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

W. Shakespeare
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by Amyr: 7:47am On Jan 10, 2012
The bard of avon was speaking pessimistically about life there, not about a quest for answers
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by coolviv: 8:25am On Jan 12, 2012
My heart is full of fear n pity for all Ɣ☺Ʊ who take such great joy in insulting d mother of Jesus. I know He will respond to Ɣ☺Ʊ as anyone whose mother is insulted must respond. Monitor ur lives closely from now on and know dat God is not mocked,
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by Anssybaby(f): 5:23pm On Jan 13, 2012
I have always had doubt about the biblical account of jesus birth. How can the holyspirit impregnate a married virgin?
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by claremont(m): 5:45pm On Jan 13, 2012
Even if Mary is proven to be a virgin, it still doesn't prove anything. It doesn't prove that the baby she was carrying is a god/child of god, it doesn't prove that Jesus was real, it doesn't prove that Jesus answers prayers; it proves absolutely nothing.
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by ivoice247: 11:33pm On Jan 15, 2012
Yes, according to the quran Mary(maryam) was a virgin and allah commanded the holy spirit (angel jubril) to blow under her sleeve. Please do not make fun of her because she's one of the foremost women in paradise. All the first sets of living creatures allah created on earth neither had a mother nor father, so it's easier for allah to make jesus(as) only have a mother and not father. As the quran states;- 

And she who guarded her virginity [Mary]: We breathed into her [through Our Ruh - Gabriel], and We made her and her son [Jesus] a sign for mankind and jinn.
(  سورة الأنبياء  , Al-Anbiya, Chapter #21, Verse #91)

And mary, the daughter of 'Imran who guarded her chastity. And We breathed into (the sleeve of her shirt or her garment) through Our Ruh [i.e. Jibril (Gabriel) ], and she testified to the truth of the Words of her Lord, and His Scriptures, and she was of the Qanitun (obedient to Allah) .
(  سورة التحريم  , At-Tahrim, Chapter #66, Verse #12)

She (Mary) said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me." He said: "So (it will be) for Allah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: "Be!" - and it is.
(  سورة آل عمران  , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #47)

She(mary) said: "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?"
(  سورة مريم  , Maryam, Chapter #19, Verse #20)
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by LogicMind: 12:48am On Jan 16, 2012
maybe she wanked off with a wooden dil.do
or maybe she only did a.nal
i don't really care
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:02pm On Jan 19, 2012
[size=13pt]If Jesus was born of a virgin, then he could not have been the messiah, because his father -- the Holy Spirit -- was not a human descendent of the House of David.  cool[/size]
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by cantell(m): 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]If Jesus was born of a virgin, then he could not have been the messiah, because his father -- the Holy Spirit -- was not a human descendent of the House of David.  cool[/size]
You can never understand nor conceive the origin of God, at least not with the way you think.
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:24pm On Jan 19, 2012
[size=13pt]I understand the Origin of GOD. . . .he's never real in the first place , he's never one big guy hiding above or somwhere in the skies , he's never a father or Creator of everything , he's never one lovely leader. . . GOD was only invented like the way men invent COMPUTER or the AIRCRAFTS .

GOD is the worst thing men have ever invented because nothing about it seem to be real ----- grin grin grin
[/size]

cantell:

You can never understand nor conceive the origin of God, at least not with the way you think.
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by ivoice247: 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2012
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]I understand the Origin of GOD. . . .he's never real in the first place , he's never one big guy hiding above or somwhere in the skies , he's never a father or Creator of everything , he's never one lovely leader. . . GOD was only invented like the way men invent COMPUTER or the AIRCRAFTS .

GOD is the worst thing men have ever invented because nothing about it seem to be real ----- grin grin grin
[/size]

Allah (GOD), The Originator of the Heavens and The Earth, The First Without A Beginning and The Last Without An Ending!

How can you dispute the existence of Allah while you are a witness of how Allah created you in the womb of your mother, how Allah shaped your body, gave you eyes, nose, hands, feet and everything else, then allah commanded the angels to breathe a soul while you're still in your mother's womb or did you create yourself ? Don't you know that everything around you has a someone that created it? Look around you, at your houses built by builders, your furniture built by carpenters, the cars, roads, bridges by engineers, your food by farmers and so on. Look around you again, nothing in this world just appears without a creator, so do you think that the mighty heavens, earth, trees, animals, moon, stars, sun, planets and so on just appeared on their own? Of course Not!

And do not doubt the day of resurrection, when your belief and actions will be judged. You'll be brought forth from the earth just as how the vegetation and the trees come out when you plant the seeds. Have you planted tomato seeds before; don't you see how the tomato sprouts out of the earth full again after you had already eaten it before re-planting the seed in the earth. That's how your body to will sprout out from the earth on resurrection day after it had already been eaten up by the earth and turned to dust. As Allah states in the glorious quran;-

O mankind! If you are in doubt about the Resurrection, then verily We have created you from dust, then from a mixed drop of male and female sexual discharge, then from a coagulated blood then from a little lump of flesh - some formed and some unformed (as in the case of miscarriage) - that We may make clear to you Our Power and Ability to do what We will. And We cause whom We will to remain in the wombs for an appointed term, then We bring you out as infants, then give you growth that you may reach your age of full strength. And among you there is he who dies young, and among you there is he who is brought back to the miserable old age, so that he knows nothing after having known. And you see the earth barren, but when We send down rain on it, it is stirred to life, and it swells and puts forth every lovely kind of growth.
( سورة الحج , Al-Hajj, Chapter #22, Verse #5)
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by LogicMind: 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2012
ivoice247:

Allah (GOD), The Originator of the Heavens and The Earth, The First Without A Beginning and The Last Without An Ending!

How can you dispute the existence of Allah while you are a witness of how Allah created you in the womb of your mother, how Allah shaped your body, gave you eyes, nose, hands, feet and everything else, then allah commanded the angels to breathe a soul while you're still in your mother's womb  or did you create yourself ? Don't you know that everything around you has a someone that created it? Look around you, at your houses built by builders, your furniture built by carpenters, the cars, roads, bridges by engineers, your food by farmers and so on. Look around you again, nothing in this world just appears without a creator, so do you think that the mighty heavens, earth, trees, animals, moon, stars, sun, planets and so on just appeared on their own? Of course Not!

And do not doubt the day of resurrection, when your belief and actions will be judged. You'll be brought forth from the earth just as how the vegetation and the trees come out when you plant the seeds. Have you planted tomato seeds before; don't you see how the tomato sprouts out of the earth full again after you had already eaten it before re-planting the seed in the earth. That's how your body to will sprout out from the earth on resurrection day after it had already been eaten up by the earth and turned to dust. As Allah states in the glorious quran;-

O mankind! If you are in doubt about the Resurrection, then verily We have created you from dust, then from a mixed drop of male and female intimate discharge, then from a coagulated blood then from a little lump of flesh - some formed and some unformed (as in the case of miscarriage) - that We may make clear to you Our Power and Ability to do what We will. And We cause whom We will to remain in the wombs for an appointed term, then We bring you out as infants, then give you growth that you may reach your age of full strength. And among you there is he who dies young, and among you there is he who is brought back to the miserable old age, so that he knows nothing after having known. And you see the earth barren, but when We send down rain on it, it is stirred to life, and it swells and puts forth every lovely kind of growth.
(  سورة الحج  , Al-Hajj, Chapter #22, Verse #5)

did you visit jamaica recently?

Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:12pm On Jan 19, 2012
[size=13pt]ha ha now that's funny -- cheesy cheesy i believe that guy is high , see as he's spoiling this thread with quara'n verses! LOL grin grin[/size]

Logic Mind:

did you visit jamaica recently?

Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by Anssybaby(f): 5:26pm On Mar 17, 2012
Ogaga4Luv: [size=13pt]I understand the Origin of GOD. . . .he's never real in the first place , he's never one big guy hiding above or somwhere in the skies , he's never a father or Creator of everything , he's never one lovely leader. . . GOD was only invented like the way men invent COMPUTER or the AIRCRAFTS .

[/size]

it is only a fool that says, there is no God! shocked
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by bigmaut: 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2012
Sirniyeh: Brethren, it's said that a learned is not easily decieved. But in Nigeria, it's shamefully conspicious in our religious sector as most educated ones are dribble with lies through bible. From the research, I discovered that marry was never a virgin before her first conception. Joseph, a carpenter, was employed by marry's father to work for him. Joseph arrived tiredly but marry offered him water to drink. That was the genesis of their relationship. From that point joseph proposed and marry fell in love. For years after legal marriage, they could not bear any child after many sexual trials. Will you legally marry your wife and not taste the honey-pot? It's a lie, total and complete and full lie! So were marry and elizabet in same condition of childlessness. It was when joseph took manly decision to divorce marry that joseph had dream not to divorce and promised an amazing child.
Please read detail from the book of URETHA (full downloadable on internet) - It's was the first GOSPEL written just 5-AD. Read also the book of Thomas and book of Judas Iscariot-disciple. All these books reveal lies about jesus in the bible. That was why they did not include them in the bible in order to be able to cajole the world. Even in Sixth and 7th Book of Moses, I personally read that Jesus was a magician just like Moses, Aron, and others. He used confirmed Talisman. The Talisman used by jesus is in 6th and 7th book of moses.
Pls, enough of the bible lies. How many pastors can do real miracle without using JASS? Just as christ disciple could not cast out demon, bcs they did not know the secret of Jesus, that is why many christians are dying poor as a result of bible lies. No, Marry was not virgin. With my spiritual experience, it is not possible! I have constant communion with the spirits and I know what I'm saying! Imagine, no miracle recorded in bible that have not been performed in nigeria. But mind you, with JASS. Ask Adeboye, Oyedepo etc to bring out the records of their practical miracles. Na lie! That's why I like TB Joshua and Oyaki, they had discovered the secret of Jesus and they walk in his shoe. No wonder other fake ones envy them. Again, marry was not virgin. Confirmed! Dont be decieved! You are free to call me any name you like. This is the truth! If you explore to a certain level you will discover lots of lies. That's why some pastors involve in pranks because they have discoved the lies about frauding in the name of heaven and cajoling with bornagain trait. Pls wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Pls ask me any question you wish to know. Then pls spread this bitter truth on internet and quote me. You can become what ever you like, ask for the secret.

God punish yur soul 4 blashamy!how can moses who live & die 400yrs b4 christ wrote that jesus is a magician,use tali,all those false books yu kids of nowadays read instead of reading text books 2 pass waec or jamb angry angry angry

Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by Amyr: 3:12am On Jul 31, 2013
Did you choose the documents you want to believe or did you rely on their authenticity? If you have evidence that you are not correct,will you own up? Or will you yield in to the ego to score a point?
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by karlie4nia(m): 3:40am On Jul 31, 2013
Posters question was valid but i must comment, the manner of presentation wasn't with any reverence.... which may leave one to imply posters idiosyncrasy and level of maturity in spiritual things.

Was Mary a Virgin in the dictionary sense of the word? ... Does it mean the Virgin Mary as she was known never copulated with Joseph in order to bear Jesus?

Many still cant get it... cos the truth is concealed in allegories that can only be deciphered by the third eye which we ordinarily dont possess until we have it developed. But mere common sense would tell us that sex is the law for conception..... And that begs the questions... what kind of sex are we referring to here?
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by plaetton: 4:14am On Jul 31, 2013
Of course Mary was a virgin,... definitely at some point in her young life.

But definitely not a virgin as is wrongly translated and understood in the bible.

A claim that is often made is concerning Isaiah 7:14. In the Book of Isaiah in the Old Testament of the Bible it states:
Therefore, the Lord himself will give you a sign, an ALMAH (meaning young woman) [/b]will conceive and bear a child and shall call his name Immanuel."

It is claimed that the above was a prophecy about the birth of Jesus to the Virgin Mary. It is further claimed that since the word Immanuel means "God with us," the person being talked about, i.e. Jesus was God.

The above quotation is from the King James Version of the Bible. [b]The word translated as "virgin" is the wrong translation of the Hebrew word ALMAH.

The word ALMAH in Hebrew means "young woman."
The correct Hebrew word for virgin is BETHULAH.

Another fact that is often ignored is that Jesus was never named Immanuel, nor did anyone ever address him as Immanuel when he lived. On the contrary, the Messiah was named Jesus (Luke 2:21) by the angel according to the gospels.
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by Awelechukwu16(f): 7:06am On Jul 31, 2013
If only you know what you are saying! I pray God should have mercy on you all!
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by plaetton: 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
Awelechukwu16: If only you know what you are saying! I pray God should have mercy on you all!

Ndo o.
Sometimes, my dear, truth butt-hurts.
Re: Was Mary Really A Virgin? by deebrain(m): 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2013
Logic Mind: Did Mary take virginity test, how sure are you that she was really a virgin.
You never know she might have done a quick one with a shepherd behind the stable. I don't know but it's a possibility. Ladies her age are ususally very , you know wink. Or was she biologically defective?

YES...AND NO...Depending on how you look at it. What is generally known is that she had not ever had sex before the birth of Jesus. She however had a boy-friend named JOSEPH.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Created Darkness And Water? / Are There Atheists In Nigeria? / Christian Books By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Loveworld Publishing Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.