Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,367 members, 7,853,641 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:43 PM

The Future Of Hip Hop And R&b: Good Or Bad? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Future Of Hip Hop And R&b: Good Or Bad? (1028 Views)

List Of Hip-hop/r&b Albums U Can Listen To Back To Back Without Skipping A Song. / Who's Richer?fuji Musicians Like Pasuma And R N B Singers Like 2face / Winners Of Hip Hop World Awards 2009 Leaked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Future Of Hip Hop And R&b: Good Or Bad? by shsonline(m): 6:20am On Mar 15, 2006
Looking at the "popular" stars of hip hop and R&B, I have to say this is tough. There are so many nontalented artists dominating the industry and flooding the radio with less than good music (in my opinion, anyway).

Here are the artists I look to save hip hop, which I think is suffering from stale, wannabe hard rappers/people who got shot but have no poetic talent:
1) Big Brother-I don't know if they'll make it, since they are sort of unknown, but they have the skill to be another TribeCalledQuest
2)Game/Camron-these two at least are innovative and I love listening to what they have to say. Great production and still young.
3)TI-I think he is the face of hip hop right now, definitely a skilled poet, but he needs stronger beat production if hes going to be king.

R&B looks a little better I think, although most radio stations just play the crazydancing little kids that don't really know what real soul music is:
1)Alicia Keys-Still keepin' it real, even after commercial success
2)Adriana Evans-Still an unknown, she is bound to blow up eventually
3)Jaheim- Another old-school boy that can actually sing. Few male singers still keep it real like him without dancing around little girls.
4)N[b]e-Yo[/b]-A young cat that shows you don't have to be a crazy dancer to make good music.
5)Keyshia Cole- I'm still not sold on her, but a debut album that is anything but ordinary. She definitely has one of the best female R&B voices out right now.

What do you all think?
Re: The Future Of Hip Hop And R&b: Good Or Bad? by Free(f): 6:44pm On Mar 16, 2006
oooooh i dey Jaheim ,
what about anthony hamilton
Re: The Future Of Hip Hop And R&b: Good Or Bad? by xxshawtyxx(f): 11:16pm On Mar 16, 2006
NE_YO is so stayin in d music industry 4 longg

(1) (Reply)

Listen To Groovy Sounds From The Carrebean / . / Vote Funmi Atilola To Perform At Campus Harvest!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.