Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria (1440 Views)

Photo: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu With A Plate Of Rice In Prison / Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! / Journalists Queue For Food In Kogi Government House - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by aariwa(m): 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2012
i watched with dismay yesterday as the minister of finance was telling nigerians that a plate of food which was selling at 300 naira now sells for 700 due to the fuel price increase.from my little travels around nigeria i know that food prices go for 150 naira for one meat and 200 for 2 meats in the average buka where most nigerians patronize.the only difference are in only the F.C.T and the oil producing areas which are in the slim minority.i am sure that she wouldn t know that a 100 naira recharge card exists.these are the people making policies for us.GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 07, 2012
Shut up. Don‘t you get a plate of food for 300. You just want to critizise her every move dunce. Tomorrow you‘ll say that she did not tie scarf properly. Dem they force you to post.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by violent(m): 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2012
I agree with the Poster above, the OP is truly a dunce!. . is there a standard price for a plate of food in Nigeria? I had a plate of pepper soup for 3000 somewhere on the island and the same plate would have easily cost around 500 somewhere in Akure!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by efisher(m): 6:39pm On Jan 07, 2012
OP, It seems you are even more guilty of what you are falsely accusing her of. Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by samstradam: 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
So pro-suffering eediots, what did the original poster say that was actually wrong? More than 90% of nigerians eat a good meal for less than 200 naira as he indicated, but seeing as most of you cultist fled the country before doing nysc how would you know.
Anyway she should know what the proper price of a plate is for the vast majority of the country seeing as her policies directly affect that. I'm sure even Obama knows what a bucket costs in KFC.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 11:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
efisher: OP, It seems you are even more guilty of what you are falsely accusing her of. Pathetic.
This comment touched me, I don't know why.

@samstadam. You're missing the point. What everyone is trying to say here is that a plate of rice in Nigeria is a variable commodity, and N300 is not out of the variable price range. A KFC bucket on the other hand is the same price in all 52 states, so comparing that to a plate of rice in Nigeria doesn't follow reason.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by 4Wilywily: 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
aariwa: i watched with dismay yesterday as the minister of finance was telling nigerians that a plate of food which was selling at 300 naira now sells for 700 due to the fuel price increase.from my little travels around nigeria i know that food prices go for 150 naira for one meat and 200 for 2 meats in the average buka where most nigerians patronize.the only difference are in only the F.C.T and the oil producing areas which are in the slim minority.i am sure that she wouldn t know that a 100 naira recharge card exists.these are the people making policies for us.GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
e bi like sey hunger some how de baptise you

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by Freewilly(f): 12:00am On Dec 14, 2013
aariwa: i watched with dismay yesterday as the minister of finance was telling nigerians that a plate of food which was selling at 300 naira now sells for 700 due to the fuel price increase.from my little travels around nigeria i know that food prices go for 150 naira for one meat and 200 for 2 meats in the average buka where most nigerians patronize.the only difference are in only the F.C.T and the oil producing areas which are in the slim minority.i am sure that she wouldn t know that a 100 naira recharge card exists.these are the people making policies for us.GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

You are a disgrace to humanity.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 12:34am On Dec 14, 2013
op no be everybody dey eat for ur buka. soon u will say she does not even eat in Nigeria.

she travels to US to eat each day. I dont know if its poverty or the economy that is affecting u.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by DerideGull(m): 4:10am On Dec 14, 2013
@OP

Is it imperative that everybody in Nigeria should eat in a restaurant? There are people who have no business with restaurants in Nigeria. Are prices of plate of food regulated in Nigeria?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by naijaking1: 5:41am On Dec 14, 2013
Is this going to be Okonjo-Iweala month? Last month was Princess Oduah month. Dieazeni Madueke has don her month too!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by bloggernaija: 5:42am On Dec 14, 2013
Does iweala actually know anything at all?
The only gibberish I hear from her are elementary business school from the AYN RAND ANGLE .
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by musiwa112: 5:53am On Dec 14, 2013
it depend on what you want to eat.. And where you want to eat.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by musiwa112: 6:25am On Dec 14, 2013
people dont ever believe there are other people online..

Here is a problem. I have dominate the internet for several years..
this are people online reading.
When you get millions a month it is alot.. it crash the server and you are down.

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by musiwa112: 6:29am On Dec 14, 2013
i am bigger than channelstv. that a secret.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Does Not Even Know How Much They Sell A Plate Of Food In Nigeria by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:32am On Dec 14, 2013
Shut up. Don‘t you get a plate of food for 300. You just want to critizise her every move dunce. Tomorrow you‘ll say that she did not tie scarf properly. Dem they force you to post.
violent:
I agree with the Poster above, the OP is truly a dunce!. . is there a standard price for a plate of food in Nigeria? I had a plate of pepper soup for 3000 somewhere on the island and the same plate would have easily cost around 500 somewhere in Akure!
You people are as guilty as the Iweala, 93% of places where the common people eat, they sell plate of food for between 150 to 250Naira.
How do I know? I eat there at times........you can call me whatever name but that is me I can never forget where I am coming from and there millions of Nigerians like me.
For confirmation next time you go to Abuja, maitama area, around cooperate affairs commission there are several bukas within a construction site beside Raw materials development it's a lovely place to eat. There other places in Lagos, lbadan, Abeokuta, Akure, Lokoja, Markurdi, Kadunna, Zaria, Minna (I eat in a place about 90m away from shiroro hotel when I went for a conference), IjebuOde, Owerri, Benin, Ilorin, Ado Ekiti, Nsuka and other places I have visited in Nigeria.
The bottom line is that the Minister of Finance and most political appointees don't know what Nigerians are passing through. The one's that know decided to turn a blind eye.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Escapee, Sokoto Arrested In Chad? / Ribadu, Acn And The Inside Story Of Tinubu’s Deal With Jonathan By Danlami Nmodu / Chukwuma Duru,27,arrested In Ny City For Twisting A I6 Yr Old Student’s Nipples.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.