Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

How To Confirm The Existence Of Shares And Holdings? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Confirm The Existence Of Shares And Holdings? (680 Views)

Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker / Listing Of Shares On The NSE Should Be Voluntary - MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Confirm The Existence Of Shares And Holdings? by gfhotee: 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2012
i lost my dad 10 years ago, while he was sick a broker came to deliver a sum of money from proceeds of his shares sold. we are not familiar with the broker and we were not expecting my father to die hence nobody cared to query him, take cognisance of his face or get his details. two years after his death family started with his administrators signatories and we discovered all his shares files were missing. he uses my p.o.box and via dividends coming in we discovered some existing shares. however there are some shares he encouraged us to buy while he was a banker and we know quite well he has those shares as well but we dont know how we can confirm such shares as we did not initially listed them in the letter of administrator we obtained from the court. and dividends were not coming from the shares as well, but we know that our father doesnt sell his main shares, he sells only bonus shares. please advice how we can possibly trace his holdings in other companies or via the registrars. thank you and god bless!
Re: How To Confirm The Existence Of Shares And Holdings? by gfhotee: 5:09am On Apr 13, 2012
I posted this a long time ago, when I was a total novice on shares issues. Now I knw better and much more. So for those these might be useful to, i was able to trace all the shares by using the LA i had to visit all the registrars offices which I obtained via google, I was able to persuade them to list out whatever share exist in their company in the name of my father, i simply approach the court and applied for an additional LA, sort of addendum via my Lawyer and I must tell you, it was a learning experience. I should be able to help other novice who may have similar problem, just post here.

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Puts Itself Up For Sale In A Bid To Revive Fortunes / Investment Opportunity!!! Life Changing Opportunity!!! / The Africa Richest Man, Aliko Dangote Builds N2bn Medical Facilities In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.