Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai (17924 Views)

Untold Story Of How 21 Nigerians Made First List. / Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari / Electing Buhari As President, Disaster For Africa – ex US Envoy (2) (3) (4)

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by mensdept: 6:59am On Jan 08, 2012
stayreal:

Nigerians did not make a mistake, Nigeria is the mistake! It should have never been created. It is the white man's creation. Until you understand this, you are still blind!

Yes

kingoflag:

Buhari set us back 20 yrs by building 3 refineries and eliminating corruption? Nice one.

Maybe I'll like Nigeria to be dragged back another 20 yrs "Buhari" style

Only 3?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Hamintab: 7:00am On Jan 08, 2012
out of selfish sentiments n baise, som pple wld just open thr dirty mouth and say non sense. Those of u who av z rubbish about buhari, just name one person in ur entire generation both in d past n yet to come dat can do beta dan Buhari or dat can achieve the wat he has achived in gorvanace when he was Head of State or in trust n integrity. Can OBJ commend any other govt official d way he did Buharri?. We all know buhari can do d best for us in Nigeria, but due to sentiments by most individuals n fear d corrupt leaders ave for him, dey wont let him be. They just go around cooking up stories agnst him. When Nigerians go eva think with d right sense?. We were all shouting GEJ the, i guess he has just started now. Can any one see reason with the calculations elrufai made above, nd tell Badluck Jonah to com defend it. Well, cant even say much since we already beliv his election was free n fair after the strategic mass rigging in d SE/SS/NE wch we cant all deny. This is just d beginning.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Aussie(m): 7:02am On Jan 08, 2012
I am a xtia and i voted for CPC eventhough the votes were 14 in total against PDP's over 300 votes in my ward at ikorodu and i am satisfied. I am vindicated today for casting my vote for Buhari. Sentiments did not let people see into the future and we are now paying for it, be ready to pay more all fools who voted PDP. Buhari remains the man to wipe this nation of corruption and corruptible tendercies.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by tit(f): 7:02am On Jan 08, 2012
which refinery did buhari build?
buhari did not build half a refinery!
next we shall hear a brickie claim he built the 3rd mainland bridge.
buhari only legacy as head of state, is truncating democracy and selective incarceration and persecution.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 08, 2012
stayreal:

Nigerians did not make a mistake, Nigeria is the mistake! It should have never been created. It is the white man's creation. Until you understand this, you are still blind!

People like you understand the world we live in and the forces that controls it. Thanks
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by chelseabmw(m): 7:13am On Jan 08, 2012
sad
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by mensdept: 7:13am On Jan 08, 2012
tit:

buhari only legacy as head of state, is truncating democracy and selective incarceration and persecution.

Yes!

Hamintab:

out of selfish sentiments n baise, som pple wld just open thr dirty mouth and say non sense. Those of u who av z rubbish about buhari, just name one person in your entire generation both in d past n yet to come dat can do beta dan Buhari or dat can achieve the wat he has achived in gorvanace when he was Head of State or in trust n integrity. Can OBJ commend any other govt official d way he did Buharri?. We all know buhari can do d best for us in Nigeria, but due to sentiments by most individuals n fear d corrupt leaders ave for him, dey wont let him be. They just go around cooking up stories agnst him. When Nigerians go eva think with d right sense?. We were all shouting GEJ the, i guess he has just started now. Can any one see reason with the calculations elrufai made above, nd tell Badluck Jonah to com defend it. Well, cant even say much since we already beliv his election was free n fair after the strategic mass rigging in d SE/SS/NE wch we cant all deny. This is just d beginning.

Please ah, register for a grammer class, and learn how to communicate "Berra"
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Saheed9: 7:24am On Jan 08, 2012
El rufai has my words.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by iykak47: 7:24am On Jan 08, 2012
El rufai again? The same cameleon  who allocated choice plots of land to his wives, friends and relatives when he was fct minister, the same period he  paid 1 million naira monthly to his youth copper girl friend.
were you not part of the system, why didnt you resign then?
You are no longer in power, now you remember to turn to an antivist,teacher and precher.
so u think say every body na adamu. abi.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Saheed9: 7:25am On Jan 08, 2012
Beaf pls comment.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 08, 2012
stayreal:

That's why I prefer we trend #NegroRevolution on twitter not that crap called #occupyNigeria.

Nigeria is a creation of the white man's ideology, we can make it his worst nightmare. By luck or chance, we are strategically located to lead the rest of Africa into a new light. We can become trailblazers if we look beyond tribe and sentiments. if our spiritual leaders would preach more on forgiveness and less on tithes, if we drop all religious and tribal bias. This is what every Nigerian should be preaching. Let's say no to all forms of religious and tribal bias in whatever form it may appear.

Our political leaders know that. At the center, no one cares where you are from. Every senator, irrespective of their constituency, gets the same amount of money. They don't care. Why do we keep believing the lies they tell us? Why keep falling victims to their propaganda?

If we don't this now or sooner, one day it might be a sin to give birth to a child in this country.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by drstan(m): 7:33am On Jan 08, 2012
El-rufai ,bwari, they were wolves b4, nw they ar sheep, i bet u. If they enta again they wil b more deadly,, if this guys should fine there way in again, nigeria wil turn into an islamic country, i prefa OBJ .even do na bad guy
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by lucidang(m): 7:38am On Jan 08, 2012
Buhari is not the messiah we are waiting for, when we find dat person we'd let you know. Ribadu was a better candidate, i only wish Nigerians gave him a chance.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Basseti: 7:45am On Jan 08, 2012
Elections are meant to be won and lost. Buhari lost, so end of story.

Y'all are acting as if this was the first time he has ran and lost. Dude lost in 2003 and 2007 so kini big deal about his loss in 2011?  undecided
Buhari's supporters are sounding more like Hillary Clinton supporters post 2008. Just get with the program, its no longer cute crying over spilled milk.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 08, 2012
@ Danka777 "people like you understand the world we live in and the forces that controls it.  Thanks"

I no buy this your statement at all!! for you to think that there will be peace if Nigeria was never created is rather too simplistic. The diversity in the entire region occurs as a spectrum and there will always be that continuous if not selfish struggle for superiority between people and regions, Nigeria has come to stay believe it or not. If na mistake it's high time we begin to find ways to correct it. The funniest thing is that the most troublesome region so far has got more to lose if it were to split so I do not even think they consider that as an option, so calm down please, there are other countries that are facing more palava than we do and calling the 1914 amalgamation a mistake is no solution at all.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by MAYOWAAK: 7:51am On Jan 08, 2012
tit:

In 1976, General Muhammadu Buhari as a Minister (then Federal Commissioner) for Petroleum, doggedly fought and convinced the Military Supreme Council on the need to construct a second refinery. With his determination, diligence and discipline, that refinery was commissioned in 1978. That is the WARRI REFINERY we know today!
In 1978, as the first Group Managing Director (then Chairman) of NNPC, he pioneered the construction of Nigeria's third refinery purely as NNPC project. In 1980, that refinery was commissioned as NNPC REFINERY KADUNA.
In 1984, as a Military Head of State, he awarded the construction of the largest Refinery in Africa. Which was the fourth and the last refinery ever built in Nigeria. That Refinery was commissioned as PORT HARCOURT NEW REFINERY!
Nigerians say NO to corrupt politicians, and identify with this true and formidable STATESMAN.
MUHAMMADU BUHARI IS A COLOSSUS OF A LEADER!!!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by samstels: 7:53am On Jan 08, 2012
I used to have some respect for El rufai ,but with this stuff ,I now know he is a big fool and no wonder he is being accused of deep corruption as regards the allocation of lands in abuja to his family members and gross mis managing of FTC funds .
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by karlmax2: 8:05am On Jan 08, 2012
Buhari goons una no ∂eƔ tire, I knw buhari would die dis year, As per el rough when he was minister we all knew how much he paid his NYSC gal friend, Pls tomorrow I hope Ʊ people go out and protest with ur buhari and co,
Buhari is now history
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by josga: 8:13am On Jan 08, 2012
I dont care wat anybody is sayin. All i kw is dat I believe in BUHARI. He has d with and will to save Nigeria. He is just d perfect person for Nigeria. But i dont kw y people fail to recognise d truth.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by kennyeast(m): 8:20am On Jan 08, 2012
@Men dept how old are u? u speak like a child. Buhari coupe was the best thing to av happen to Nigeria then.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by ollypass: 8:22am On Jan 08, 2012
At this juncture am all about three point agenda

1) Reversal of oil subsidy removal

2)Impeachment of GEJ and his entire cabinet

3) The total arraignment of all NNPC officials and their thieving sub depts for justice to be delivered.

Then we can start on the way forward
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 08, 2012
Our case is synonymous with the story of Jesus in the Bible, when Pilate presented Barabbas (the rogue) and Jesus for the jews to choose the one that should be freed, they all wanted the former, despite knowing full well he is danger to the society.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Ovaiegbe(m): 8:28am On Jan 08, 2012
Why is the thread of comments so full of sh_t. Buhari has nothing to offer us as a nation. He is a selfish man who seeks only his own agenda. Watch the run to all elections he has contested. He walks into a party, hijacks it and destroys it with his greed for absolute power. The wants things you don't know about. Lets find fresh minds, fresh ideas and more pragmatic solutions.

They promised to make the country ungovernable if they do not get power and are making good their promise, they incited the populace against govt and are getting away with it.

Lets wake up. That man was sitting in Nigeria when power was taken from right under his nose. The gang that took power had to wait for his second in command to leave the country before striking. Is he just waking up? This is a case of opportunity once lost being lost forever.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by holluwizzy: 8:31am On Jan 08, 2012
Jonathan has the blood of militancy in him , so he cant hide it any more. confirmed and gallant fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuull he is, we should just try and adjust for the main time , then  when the election comes , and PDP rigs the election, Nigeria is going back to Civil War.

The Black man in black cloths with black heart to his black people.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by ifyalways(f): 8:31am On Jan 08, 2012
First off,fuel subsidy is the ONLY freebie or share of national cake that an average Nigerian gets to enjoy.

Removal of the subsidy is OK but the way it was handled was faulty and made the govt. appear mean and insensitive to the plight of the common man.

They govt should have started the removal in bits as opposed to their overnight full subsidy removal.
There were no public enlightments,the masses were just caught unawares.(Meanwhile they'd spend billions and months on electioneering campaign and adverts)
No improvement in other basic structures that affects the poor man's life.THE POWER sector should have been shaken and atleast 80% improvement in power supply BEFORE the subsidy is removed.Folks can't reconcile paying high bus fares,dealing with NO light daily and buying 600N worth of fuel each nite for a small gen,high cost of foodstuffs and then the BOKO issue.

Simply put,the removal of the fuel subsidy NOW=trying to save a pot of soup when the whole house is on fire.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 08, 2012
EL RUFAI IS A FOOL,
BOKO HARAM DONT WEAR JEANS ONLY KAFTAN LOL, IM SICK OF NORTHERN POLITICIANS.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by jidewin(m): 8:37am On Jan 08, 2012
Not this BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT thing again.after countless murders of corpers and christians in the north over the loss of his presidential bid.After series of remarks about his staunch support and stand for sharia implentation across all the northern states,even while he was the proponent of "there is north and there is CORE North" in Nigeria.oh please, anything but not buhari.I would rather dora or ribadu please.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by odutope(m): 8:37am On Jan 08, 2012
No need to argue,2015 will soon be here, the choice ll be ours to make,
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 08, 2012
A few days ago, I saw on the internet pictures of some people covering their faces, wearing jeans and saying that they are Boko Haram; that Southerners should leave the North. I am sure that those people are not Boko Haram. Boko Haram people don't wear jeans. They wear Kaftan and their trousers are like this (folding his trouser to demonstrate the kind of trousers the Boko Haram members wear)

EL RUFAI IS A COMPLETE I-D-I-O-T.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by ojofree: 8:41am On Jan 08, 2012
Hellloooooo people, everybody keeps saying Buhari built 3 refineries, i would like to know when those refineries were built, was it during his time as head of state or while he was minister of petroleum. If they were not built during his term as head of state, then he has no right claiming them as personal achievements, it is an achievement that should be credited to the then head of government, Buhari only carried out an instruction handed down to his ministry. I will only tolerate this arguement again if he built them while he was head of state
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by sniperwolf(m): 8:42am On Jan 08, 2012
Buhari should go and relax. He might have been worse
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by sniperwolf(m): 8:43am On Jan 08, 2012
Buhari should go and relax. He might have been worse

Nigeria's $1.5bn Loan Request Approved By World Bank / FG School Feeding Programme To Launch Today / Malala Yousafzai Arrives Borno With Her Father, Meets Governor Shettima

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53