Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,372 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai (17921 Views)

Untold Story Of How 21 Nigerians Made First List. / Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Gear Up For Showdown Against Buhari / Electing Buhari As President, Disaster For Africa – ex US Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Ovaiegbe(m): 8:52am On Jan 08, 2012
Let me make it categorically clear to you guys. I am for Jonathan and the removal of subsidy.
We Nigerians need to learn that we can't eat our cake and have it back.

We sell our votes and expect good leadership.
We "run deals" and expect no consequences
We subvert justice and expect equity
We cheat in exams and expect to produce scholar
We have long mortgaged or future, and are expecting to lie on beds of roses.

Wake up. GEJ has found the courage to say no. No free lunch. No free cake.

If he is demanding it from us then we must demand it from our leaders.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by betrani(m): 8:54am On Jan 08, 2012
Enough of this baseless accusations and lame conclusions! We all failed in our individual selves to make nigeria wat we wish it to be for us! Hw many of u here will boldly come out and say he is a patriotic nigerian? When all we do is think of ways to cut corners and plan evil against ourselves! We have failed woefully! Nw is the time to think of hw best to tackle issues and move nigeria forward! Instead of say GEJ this! Buhari that! No one human here is "Mr. Perfect" u jumped into conclusion ova "subsidy removal" and "voting for GEJ" buhari wouldn't have made a difference! The same blood of wickedness, fraud, criminality, cheating, selfishness, selfcenteredness, envy, lack of trust! Flows in our veins. We re nigerians! We knw who we are! Remove the tree in ur eye before u talk of the plank in another man's eye!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by LRNZH(m): 8:57am On Jan 08, 2012
ojofree:

Hellloooooo people, everybody keeps saying Buhari built 3 refineries, i would like to know when those refineries were built, was it during his time as head of state or while he was minister of petroleum. If they were not built during his term as head of state, then he has no right claiming them as personal achievements, it is an achievement that should be credited to the then head of government, Buhari only carried out an instruction handed down to his ministry. I will only tolerate this arguement again if he built them while he was head of state

read the threads before you post

MAYOWAAK:

In 1976, General Muhammadu Buhari as a Minister (then Federal Commissioner) for Petroleum, doggedly fought and convinced the Military Supreme Council on the need to construct a second refinery. With his determination, diligence and discipline, that refinery was commissioned in 1978. That is the WARRI REFINERY we know today!
In 1978, as the first Group Managing Director (then Chairman) of NNPC, he pioneered the construction of Nigeria's third refinery purely as NNPC project. In 1980, that refinery was commissioned as NNPC REFINERY KADUNA.
In 1984, as a Military Head of State, he awarded the construction of the largest Refinery in Africa. Which was the fourth and the last refinery ever built in Nigeria. That Refinery was commissioned as PORT HARCOURT NEW REFINERY!
Nigerians say NO to corrupt politicians, and identify with this true and formidable STATESMAN.
MUHAMMADU BUHARI IS A COLOSSUS OF A LEADER!!!

By the way you mustn't be president to influence policies. Buhari was doing his job as a patriotic public servant.
That is how track records are built.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by bassette(m): 8:58am On Jan 08, 2012
betrani:
Enough of this baseless accusations and lame conclusions! We all failed in our individual selves to make nigeria wat we wish it to be for us! Hw many of u here will boldly come out and say he is a patriotic nigerian? When all we do is think of ways to cut corners and plan evil against ourselves!  We have failed woefully! Nw is the time to think of hw best to tackle issues and move nigeria forward! Instead of say GEJ this! Buhari that! No one human here is "Mr. Perfect" u jumped into conclusion ova "subsidy removal" and "voting for GEJ" buhari wouldn't have made a difference! The same blood of wickedness, fraud, criminality, cheating, selfishness, selfcenteredness, envy, lack of trust! Flows in our veins. We re nigerians! We knw who we are! Remove the tree in  your eye before u talk of the plank in another man's eye!

I have to agree with u, just ‎​Ẅђα† we need to do.Nigeria is everyone's responsibility!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by pannyman(m): 9:07am On Jan 08, 2012
The man has spoken the truth. Take it or leave it.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by wale1975(m): 9:08am On Jan 08, 2012
MarcAnthon:

^^^ I can't believe you would say that after the mistake you and your ilk have burdened us with ala Jon Dumbo. We had a golden opportunity to change Nigeria and put her on the right track with the elections in April but we blew it because we couldn't rise beyond our prejudices to put the nation first and relegate our myopic interests. How then do you mor0ns expect these so called leaders you elected with those ungodly sentiments to put national interest ahead of their greed?

Now we're living in the reality of your mistakes and you still can say all that trash? A big shame on you!

God bless you with your comment above. I don't know why many Nigerians are as dumb as this allowing unnecessary prejudice to take control of our reasoning. What good have they seen in Jonathan now to be a thing of joy to them. You guys haven't regret anything. Many still awaits Nigerians in the hands of Jonathan. He never talked about cutting his food allowance of =N=1bn but 25% cut in basic salary. How much will that be? Buhari would have been better than this dull person you all choose as your president.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by logica(m): 9:08am On Jan 08, 2012
Apart from the fact that I have a special dislike for military and ex military people, the apparent tribalism of the northerners in the last election was enough reason for me to oppose all northerners.

Here's an example:

I know of a Sudanese married to a northerner and who lives in Lagos. Initially she was supporting Babangida. When Babangida lost the prelim I expected her to stick to a political ideology and PDP then support GEJ. To my surprise she switched to Buhari. I pointedly asked her why her support was more along tribal lines than political. Her response was a jumble of words like a crack addict on withdrawal; it made no sense. I then noticed she wasn't the only northerner acting in this manner.

I didn't know any northerners supporting southern candidates; but I knew lots of southern (so called progressives) supporting northerners, and it wasn't as if there were no good southern candidates. There was therefore no way in hell I'd support a northerner.

Now he's talking about Buhari; well Utomi would've been better than Buhari. Shikena.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by omoalaro: 9:10am On Jan 08, 2012
I voted for Buhari without sentiment in April, i am still very happy with my choice. I will still vote him today.
Here was a man who had all the opportunities in the world to accumulate wealth to himself but refused. Even today he can decide to be indifferent to our plight by keeping quite, he could choose to be receiving unlimited patronage from govt. and be indifferent but decided at old age to be in the forefront of campaign for good governance which we all saw him practiced during his time.
Lies heaped on him as being the sponsor of unrest are falling like a pack of cards. This govt. would have made so much noise and political capital of it if it has found any shred of evidence to suggest his involvement in sponsorship of unrest. We now know the sponsors are in PDP.
Here was a man who saw our tomorrow and wept for us but majority blinded by sentiments refused to see that a hard time awaited us.
Even now that we are fast approaching our self inflicted destination, he has not abandon us.
Gen. Buhari, As few as we are, we appreciate you, we pray that God himself will reward you.
Unfortunate, we can not escape the looming disaster even though we were not a part of those who pulled it with their hands.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 08, 2012
Some people will never learn
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by NaMe4: 9:16am On Jan 08, 2012
betrani:

Enough of this baseless accusations and lame conclusions! We all failed in our individual selves to make nigeria wat we wish it to be for us! Hw many of u here will boldly come out and say he is a patriotic nigerian? When all we do is think of ways to cut corners and plan evil against ourselves! We have failed woefully! Nw is the time to think of hw best to tackle issues and move nigeria forward! Instead of say GEJ this! Buhari that! No one human here is "Mr. Perfect" u jumped into conclusion ova "subsidy removal" and "voting for GEJ" buhari wouldn't have made a difference! The same blood of wickedness, fraud, criminality, cheating, selfishness, selfcenteredness, envy, lack of trust! Flows in our veins. We re nigerians! We knw who we are! Remove the tree in your eye before u talk of the plank in another man's eye!
Ovaiegbe:

Let me make it categorically clear to you guys. I am for Jonathan and the removal of subsidy.

In addition, it's very unlikely GEJ will reverse the decision of fuel subsidy removal; that will be political suicide.
So I'll implore Nigerians going out for protests and also embarking on the possible strike to add to the theme:
The issue of corruption and accountability of public office holders;
An end to the 'BH' madness.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 08, 2012
So this he-goat now know GEJ was truely elected and not Buhari the Dictator!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by betrani(m): 9:25am On Jan 08, 2012
@all! U guys re just cryin foul! Mr a trains his son up to university level! Then says; son I think it is time u got urself a job and start fending for urself! I won't take responsibility of ur nids any longer! Wat shld the son say here? U must provide for me as u use to? No he has to be a man and stand on his fit! Thats GEJ for u! The fed government subsidized pms for u! U were enjoyin nw they say pay for wat u use! And u say no; u must pay for Wat I use! See una! Free thin sweet! It was a favor! Nw hw do they meet ur big salaries, cry for constant power, better allocation etc if there is no FSR? Diesel subsidy was removed long ago u guys did not complain! Wat is bad in it if pms subsidy is removed?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by pasthedutc: 9:27am On Jan 08, 2012
OIL BARRONS SUBSIDY CARTEL NAMES AND FACES AND HOW THEY STOLE NIGERIA FUTURE
Fuel Subsidy Scam: Senate Releases Names Of Cabal.

By SaharaReporters, New York
Oando Oil, CONOIL, African Petroleum and MRS Oil are among the powerful players in the petroleum sector that have shared over N3.655 trillion between 2006 and September 2011 in pursuit of importation of refined petroleum products.

This was revealed today in Abuja by the Nigerian Senate joint Committee on Petroleum (Downstream), Appropriation and Finance.

Senator Magnus Ibe, the chairman of the committee, also disclosed that some 100 companies in the downstream sector and in construction, shared over N1.426 trillion between January and August 2011 alone.

Oando Oil is owned by Wale Tinubu’s Oando; Mike Adenuga owns CONOIL, Femi Otedola owns AP, while MRS Oil is run by Aliko Dangote's brother, Sayyu Dantata. Other key players named today include Pinaccle Construction Ltd, as well as Integrated Oil and Gas, which is owned by a former Minister of the Interior, Capt. Emmanuel Iheanacho.

The full list, and their individual haul, as read out by Senator Abe, is as follows:
1. Oando Nigerian Plc. – N228.506 billion
2. MRS –N224.818 billion
3. Pinnacle Construction-N300 billion
4. Enak Oil & Gas –N19.684 billion
5. CONOIl – N37.960 billion
6. Bovas & Co. Nig. Ltd. – N5.685 billion,
7. Obat N85 billion and AP; N104.5billion.
8. Folawiyo Oil - N113.3 billion
9. 8.IPMAN Investment Limited- N10.9billion
10. ACON - N24.1billion
11. Atio Oil-N64.4billion
12. AMP- N11.4billion
13. Honeywell-N12.2billion
14. Emac Oil- N19.2billion
15. D.Jones Oil-N14.8billion;
16. Capital Oil - N22.4 billion
17. AZ Oil- N18.613billion
18. Eterna oil- N5.57 billion
19. Dozil oil- N3.375 billion
20. Fort oil-N8.582 billion.
21. Integrated Oil and Gas- N30.777 billion

With reference to 2011, the companies named by the Senate and the amount of money they have received this year alone include Otedola's African Petroleum, N104.58 billion; A.A. Rano, N1.14 billion; A.S.B, N3.16 billion; Arcon Plc, N24.116 billion; Aminu Resources, N2.3 billion; Avante Guard, N1.14 billion; Avido, N3.64 billion; Boffas and Company, N3.67 billion; and Brilla Energy, N960.3 million.

Others also listed are: DownStream Energy, N789.648 million; Dosil Oil and Gas, N3.375 billion; Inco Ray, N1.988 billion; Eternal, N5.574 billion; Folawiyo Energy, N113.32 billion; Frado International, N2.63 billion; First Deepwater Oil, N257.396 million; Heden Petrol, N693 million; Honeywell Petrol, N12.2 billion; Integrated oil, N30.777billion; AMP, N11.417 billion; Ascon, N5.271 billion; Channel Oil, N1.308 billion; Fort Oil, N8.582 billion; Enak Oil & Gas, N19.684 billion; IPMAN Investment Limited, N10.9 billion; Atio Oil, N64.4billion; AMP, N11.4billion; and Emac Oil, N19.2billion.

Findings by SaharaReporters correspondent indicate that in 2006, only MRS, TOTAL and OANDO were officially listed as beneficiaries of the fuel subsidy recognised by the Federal Government. The three companies were said to have been listed as “major marketers.”

In the following year, 2007, AP and MOBIL joined the three companies and became listed under the category of majors. The same year NIPCO was introduced and listed under the category of petrol depot owners. A new category of “independents” included some marketers who had no depots.

AITEO Energy Resources and TRIQUEST Energy were also added in 2007, bringing the total to eight beneficiaries of the fuel subsidy.

Our reporters gathered that the list of subsidy beneficiaries increased sharply in 2008, rising to of 23, including six majors. Also in 2008, CONOIL and NIPCO were joined by Capital Oil and Folawiyo Energy, under the category of depot owners.

The list of independents also increased from two in 2007 to 14 in 2008 as AITEO and TRIQUEST were said to have been joined by TONIQUE Oil services, IMAD Oil & Gas, Integrated Oil and Gas, Rahamaniyya, AMG Petro Energy, Brittania, ACORN, A-Z Petroleum, SHIELD Petroleum and MAJOPE Investment Limited.

And in 2010, while the beneficiaries of the subsidy payment under the category of major marketers remained steady at six and the depot owners remained two, the list of independent marketers jumped up to 28, with the curious inclusion of many relatively unknown and unheard-of companies.

Competent sources said that the lion’s percentage of N1.426 trillion fuel subsidy for this year will go to Otedola's AP, Wale Tinubu's OANDO, TOTAL, Sayyu Dantata's MRS and And Mike Adenuga's CONOIL.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Ganiyyah(f): 9:29am On Jan 08, 2012
olly pass:

At this juncture am all about three point agenda

1) Reversal of oil subsidy removal

2)Impeachment of GEJ and his entire cabinet

3) The total arraignment of all NNPC officials and their thieving sub depts for justice to be delivered.

Then we can start on the way forward

I feel U!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by DRANOEL(m): 9:31am On Jan 08, 2012
would vote for a buhari any time any day and i'm so christian! here is a man who was minister of petroleum then head of state (would have easily been the richest nigerian now) but stole nothing! he drove away his wife for begging the then military govt for funds while he was locked up!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by bombay: 9:32am On Jan 08, 2012
They are crying because the hausa/fulani are not getting the huge  oil contracts anymore.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Sonofpeace(m): 9:33am On Jan 08, 2012
El Rufai is a bigot, a boko haram sponsor and should be arrested. How could he say that Boko haram doesnt wear jeans yet he doesnt know who they are and they are not from North.
If only Jona could play his cards very well, these are the kinds that would give a useful intel to security agency.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by karlmax2: 9:57am On Jan 08, 2012
For those Abokis that come here to spread propoganda that buhari built nigeria refinenary pls read "The Federal Government financially buoyed by these large earnings from oil had embarked on a very large number of projects including a Iron & Steel Industry, road and bride construction projects, and two grassroots refinery projects. However, probably the singe most contributory factor to the sharp increases in demand for petrol was the Udoji Awards for salary increases and arrears in the public and private sectors. 
These awards gave a huge step increase in the purchasing power of a large number of Nigerians.   This temporarily created a middle class in the counry. Purchase of all types of vehicles, especially ‘tokunbo’ cars, electrical and electronic household goods sky-rocketed. The domestic demand for petrol more than doubled. Electrical power consumption also sharply increased nationwide. 
Feasibility studies were first undertaken by BEICIP, an international oil and gas consulting firm from Paris , in 1974 for the Federal Government. The objectives were to establish the demand and consumption patterns of petroleum products. These studies were also used to determine the size of a new refinery to be constructed. Following a tendering exercise involving international engineering contractors, a contract was awarded to Snamprogetti Spa of Milan , Italy , in 1975. The contract was for the design, procurement and construction of a new grassroots petroleum refinery in Warri. The design capacity of the refinery was 100,000 b/d, and the lump sum cost was $478 million, for project duration of 30 months. 
This project was completed in 1978. The refinery commenced operation immediately thereafter.
A second new refinery was planned for the production of lubricating oil products, waxes and asphalt (for the road projects). This refinery which was located in Kaduna consisted of two refining streams, (50,000 b/d fuels units) and (50,000 b/d lubes, waxes Asphalt plants). The contract for the construction of the Kaduna Refinery was awarded in 1976 to Chiyoda Engineering and Construction Company of Japan, at the cost $525 million, for a project completion period of 36 months. The refinery was completed on schedule and was commissioned in later 1979. The existing products pipeline linking Warri Refinery to Kaduna was converted to pump crude oils for supply to the new Kaduna Refinery"

Pls Ʊ people should stop turning our history just to prove to us that ur religious bigot leader and a muslim terrorist, Infact is during his Time that the nnpc was coverted to the northerners private property by employing incompetent northerners that mismanaged and distroyed nnpc and the refineries
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by ajadek(m): 10:02am On Jan 08, 2012
i wish buhari to rule this country again.for a leader to built 3 refineery withount taking anything for masses like subsidy removal,bokoharam,kidnaping,army rubry, god make this tenure be the end of pdp in nigeria.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Concept(m): 10:05am On Jan 08, 2012
@truthtella

Do they need El rufai to tell them? You have someone( Buhari ), that have not stolen from the public treasury, despites all the oppourtunities he had and a well known ROUGE ( Jonathan ) , contesting an election and people foolishly voted for the LATTER,now he wants to implement ROGUE policies, for him to have more funds to steal & you people are crying, you have seen nothing yet. Knowing that CORRUPTION is the only OBSTACLE in Nigeria, Until Buhari, or somone that is as HONEST as him becomes the president, SUFFERing,will be the order of the day. Myopic & dumb excuses, like religion & tribe put Nigerians in this MESS. Who cares about something so INCONSEQENTIAL as tribe & religion in this 21century? Nigerians does! You asked for goodluck, live with it.

As your ID implies so is your message. U already duplicated my thought. Corruption apologist in power, Nigeria is doomed, anti-corruption campaigner in power Nigeria greatness has just begun. I am a Yorubaman, I do not care the region the president come from, those of u who based voting on sentiments rather on credibility;religion & regional biases. U aren't seen nothing, this incompetent man will lead you to economy crash. Why would you turn blind eye to the way the ruling parasites have been feeding on Nigeria since this man took over. Has someone sat down to ask, why are we borrowing money now when someone left there some few years back & left money in foreign reserves & claimed to have settled some of our debts. I think there are some hidden facts about the way this Government squander money. If u are reasonable enough, nobody will ever support such wicked government unless you are one of the beneficiaries.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by aurenflani: 10:05am On Jan 08, 2012
some nigerians are educated but their faculty of reasoning does not exceed beyond d instinct of primitive mind.
continue to suffer more & more. soon many of u will be out of job & many cannot continue in ur businesses. it does not take a seer to tell u that d SAP u all are happy 2 accusing Babangida of putting dis coun3 in which resulted in d closure of hitherto robust companies is back.
d 1st 1 tore half the rope but dis one will totally cut it off & d way i see it ethiopia of 4 80s & present somalia are going 2 be a child's play.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 08, 2012
when will Nigerians learn to put sentiments aside and vote based ☺ƞ rational thinking. Their credentials are visible. Buhari is our best bet, if others choose sentiments to judge its not your business. If Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ continue to make wrong choices, then accept the consequences of your judgement.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 08, 2012
This somali looking punk called El-Rufai, targeted the Igbos while in govt and demolished their homes. He is a naughty Islamist sympathizer. Has he any comment on Boko Haram, I assume No Comments on that. Cos he is thrilled that Igbos are killed and maimed.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by jmaine: 10:28am On Jan 08, 2012
blink182:

when will Nigerians learn to put sentiments aside and vote based ☺ƞ rational thinking. Their credentials are visible. [size=14pt]Buhari is our best bet[/size], if others choose sentiments to judge its not your business. If Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ continue to make wrong choices, then accept the consequences of your judgement.

Says who . . . he is your best bet not mine . . .
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 08, 2012
Ovaiegbe:

spot on,  nail in the head,  bro.

leave all this losers and their selfish talks, when diesel which affects production, was deregulated did you hear as much as a whimper from any of them, noooo, now that they cant drive their various tokunbo, jalopies, you hear them shouting buhari.

consumptious losers looking for any freebie available
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Ayoobscom(m): 10:41am On Jan 08, 2012
Nigeria has chosen their death with a simple thumbprint,

Buhari was obvious d right candidate,,,,but jonathan was hypocritically elected

Oya ema sukun ti oju yin ofi fo,,,same mu noni
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by BlackBaron: 10:49am On Jan 08, 2012
Buhari was never a choice.

He was just another choice on the assembly line of 'pass me down leaders'.

Enough of all this runaway jokes all planning a second coming to continue where they left off

Voted for none in the previous election anyway cos they all looked like paperweights on paper.

Same Buhari disregarded several invitations to the Oputa panel inquiry, says so much doesn't it.   undecided
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 08, 2012
Many Nigerians voted because some people asked them to. Because of biased reasons. Religious, ethnicity and other useless reasons. I knew nothing good comes out of PDP, so i had better cast my votes for any other party besides the blood sucking failed party called PDP. Buheari would have made a better person and would have tacked corruption and corrupt leaders but he would probably have made a policy to islamize nigeria also.

So in my opinion, Nigerians are learning their lessons and i hope that next time they wont vote because some pastor is seen praying for some person who would turn out to want to enslave nigerians. They wont vote for someone just for the simple fact that he is from their tribe. They will vote for someone because he is capable of delivering his duties. I still believe that Buhari besides the fear of islamizing nigeria would have made a better president in dealiing with this boko haram and corruption which has eating deep into the fabrics of this country

I HOWEVER BELIEVE THAT FASHOLA WOULD DO WELL IF HE WAS GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY. JUST A SUGGESTION
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by totorimi: 10:57am On Jan 08, 2012
In as much as i believe Buhari would have been able to face the cabal and the challenges of Nigeria better than Jonathan, I would not support any call to insist that a 70 yrs old man is the solution to our problem. Buhari has played his role he and his likes can contribute if they still have any ideas or advise as statesmen. We have teeming home made youths who can hold their own and they have the mental capacity and vigour to move this nation forward.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by onome25(m): 10:57am On Jan 08, 2012
i wonder when christains will ever have a- mther sense.( who is buhari to compare wit goodluck, all this muslim will never get tired of coming to NL to spit nonesense on christains.the north has ruled for so many year bt what have they got to show for it. every time goodluck is bad & so fort then u xtain will open ur mouth in castigating " too bad"wink
don.t u knw that the insecurity of today are tools to distabilize a-southerner regime? i have live in the NORTH for 25 years now & i can best describe hw bad a muslim man can be to a christain man; how LONG will u watch them kill in BRUTALITY ur kingsmen, i will never!!! will i suport a muslim man after all during the aprils election, my organization mobilized 280,000 youth for GEJ(they didn.t give us kobo) but we sre happy.
so it.s ur choice NOW to OPEN ur eyes to see what lies in ur country.
BUHARI or a muslim is nt d solution to our country.
We are ready to  FIGHT to for the librilization of NIGERIA tnx.

Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by humblebee: 11:12am On Jan 08, 2012
well, to me. my point remains that Buhari would have done something about the refineries because he built them and he believes in it. he would have resuscitated those refineries and built an extra one. Jonathan is only looking for an easy way out and he's not being honest about it all. He should have worked more on teh power sector and at least started building one for refinery for us to trust him. he is just a dummy in the hat
Re: Subsidy Removal: Nigerians Made A Mistake Not Electing Buhari – El-Rufai by seunlayi(m): 11:12am On Jan 08, 2012
Na-Me:

In addition, it's very unlikely GEJ will reverse the decision of fuel subsidy removal; that will be political suicide.
So I'll implore Nigerians going out for protests and also embarking on the possible strike to add to the theme:
The issue of corruption and accountability of public office holders;
An end to the 'BH' madness.
that is just what we need even most of the so called nlc that will lead us on moday are corrupt more than corruption itself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police / Prisca Aniemeke Accuses Ned Nwoko Of Getting Her Father Godwin Aniemeke Arrested / VP Osinbajo And Wife Attend 2017 Aso Villa Christmas Concert - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.