Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,739 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Us Economy Created 200,000 Jobs In December, What's Wrong With Nigeria?! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Us Economy Created 200,000 Jobs In December, What's Wrong With Nigeria?! (921 Views)

Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH / Dangote To Build Cement Factory In Adamawa, Over 10,000 Jobs To Be Created / FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Economy Created 200,000 Jobs In December, What's Wrong With Nigeria?! by maxani: 9:35pm On Jan 08, 2012
US economy creates 200,000 jobs in December,
The unemployment rate dropped to 8.5%,
Large job gains were seen in retail, manufacturing, transportation and warehousing and healthcare.
For 2011 as a whole, some 1.6 million jobs were created, which was the highest since 2006, led by rises in the private sector.

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16445441

USA has approx. 300 million people, fed by 2.2 million farms and provides $23.9 billion dollars in discretionary funding for agriculture in 2012 budget.

What is wrong with us in Nigeria? cant we at least learn how these countries are making progress? we can't event account for good statistics in agriculture let alone improvement in production!!
Pls, is there anyone who knows the URL if the federal ministry of agriculture has a website?!!! i've searched and cant find the official site!!!! help!!!
Re: Us Economy Created 200,000 Jobs In December, What's Wrong With Nigeria?! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2012
Confirm mugun!
Re: Us Economy Created 200,000 Jobs In December, What's Wrong With Nigeria?! by maxani: 11:45pm On Jan 08, 2012
@ Olas2u, i appreciate ur sincere response to this thread. I understand that is all you have to offer, so i'm not offended. Out of 150 million plus people in the country. It is not unusual to find a communicatively incoherent answer from a random poster.
Re: Us Economy Created 200,000 Jobs In December, What's Wrong With Nigeria?! by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 08, 2012
i saw your source of news and then new you were reading junk,so what do you want me to say.Did you count the 200 k people yourself.
Re: Us Economy Created 200,000 Jobs In December, What's Wrong With Nigeria?! by cbainfo: 1:23am On Jan 09, 2012
@olas2u, can you pls enlighten us more on how maxani was reading junk? how much more authoritative can any new be besides that reported by BBC? moreover that news is not exclusive to bbc, you will find the same report and figures on other trusted news agencies like cnn, economist, bloomberg, FT, etc.
Re: Us Economy Created 200,000 Jobs In December, What's Wrong With Nigeria?! by cbainfo: 1:31am On Jan 09, 2012
until we become a trully democratic nation, there will be no serious effort to set up and run properly the infrastuctures to gather and analyse economic data in nigeria. let's face it, it is in nobody's interest to have these data, because such will then enforce transparency in the system & everybody working or hustling for public office will realise that it's highly risky to embessle public funds.
Re: Us Economy Created 200,000 Jobs In December, What's Wrong With Nigeria?! by maxani: 7:34am On Jan 09, 2012
@cba_info, tnx, that was very insightful. so we all truly agree that our leaders are transparent and accountable.
I think that is what we should be protesting to enforce now or later.
leaders should be made to address communities at different levels on what they spent money on.
A list of projects executed, how much it cost and the contractors behind it should be published every time!
Referendums should even be held to carry citizen along and know what they want. Enough of forcing projects on Nigerians
Re: Us Economy Created 200,000 Jobs In December, What's Wrong With Nigeria?! by Kay1kay1(m): 10:24am On Jan 09, 2012
@ maxani

Here are some points to note:

-Record-keeping: Stat.istics directly related to finance are deemed the most important in NG. It is when we approach employment in relation to job needs per sector and implement recommendations that unemployment can be reduced.

- Job-creation (entrepreneurship) in each sector. Job creation ought to be with the active participation of different government departments, the public and the financial sector. In NG, the moment employment is mentioned, citizens are quick to think about government office jobs (of course, that is what government does most of the time for job creation).
Re: Us Economy Created 200,000 Jobs In December, What's Wrong With Nigeria?! by jaybee3(m): 10:29am On Jan 09, 2012
You can only make a fair comparison if you know Nigeria's monthly payroll data
However, USA can't even be compared because they have a much larger GDP

(1) (Reply)

Making Money With Facebook: New Business Ideas / Is Soonyglobalasset.com Genuine Or Another Big Scam? / Large Tons Of Dis Used Copper Wire And Strips Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.