Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Please Help Me Save My Business! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help Me Save My Business! (807 Views)

I Dont Want To Be Unemployed. I Need Lo.an For My Business / I Need Someone To Invest In My Business Idea / Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Save My Business! by mtyekinni: 2:41am On Jan 09, 2012
Dear Nairalanders,
I have been in the business of selling tablets especially iPads & kindles in Nigeria since the original ipad launched.
Recently I noticed that - though the price of even the cheapest iPad remain unchanged ($499 before tax) & I
only add minimum mark up - I have been receiving complain that my price is too high; I was told about folks who now sell new entry level iPad for N65,000 or less though my  price have not gone up & the Naira has actually been depreciating against the dollar.
I don't want to stop this business as I can control things & not rely too much on others.
Before I started this, I have tried several others ranging from selling cars to organizing seminars and I invariably got burnt by people who were supposed to help facilitate the success of the endeavors.
I confess though that I don't see a way out, I have tried to add value by loading the system with even premium apps that I pay for at no cost to the client, but how can I sell below cost & stay in business? how are these people able to sell at such ridiculous prices?  please help.
Re: Please Help Me Save My Business! by chrishenzo: 5:45am On Jan 09, 2012
Any business has a secret. Your rivals might be getting the same product from a country has cheaper price. For example, if your rivals purchase from China, Vietname or any other cheaper countries and you are purchasing from a country like UK, US, or other country with high price value, then you have a tough case.

First try to know where you rivals are getting their products. Secondly note that if your rivals are purchasing from a company and they purchase 1000 pieces or 5000pieces, the company will be reducing the price for them. The more they purchase the lesser the price. Another thing you might consider is if they are getting their own product on credit. If they get the products on credit, they are likely to reduce the price since they want to sell fast and besides, the money isn't theirs.

Another opportunity you might consider is by uploading your products on ChrisvicMall (www.chrisvicmall.com). Since it allows you to sell to the whole world and Nigeria especially. Enter the details of your product and don't forget to add the applications and games you included in each ipad. Make sure your pictures are quality 500x500 pictures.

The opportunity you have with this method is that everyone can buy from you and when you start building your reputation, you will start making fast sales.

I wish you the best of luck.
Re: Please Help Me Save My Business! by CarlosVent(m): 7:53am On Jan 09, 2012
may be your shipping into Nigeria is costing you much. if so email me carlosventures@gmail.com lets know how to help you.
Re: Please Help Me Save My Business! by monteriza(m): 9:13am On Jan 09, 2012
Post your problems in my trend,An Effective Marketing Strategy Is critical to the success of any business and get solutions.

(1) (Reply)

Outsourcing In Nigeria / DomainParking Now Makes Me 54 Dollars Daily / Make Free Money Online Today Gurantee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.