Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal (19183 Views)

Watch: Al-jazeera Interview With President Buhari / Buhari's Al Jazeera Interview With Mehdi Hassan (VIDEO) / Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nadanbata: 6:38am On Jan 09, 2012
Lujan:

most N/Ls comment are so crude. U guys are so permisstic about the whole subsidy removal. The buses were purchased to soften d transportation pains for the main time. Nigeria go better, make we try supprt any policy we go carry us to the promise land.

with good reason ooo
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 09, 2012
wow she is really daft.
so by thrown this raggedly offer in our faces,she thinks everything will return 2 normal.
Sacrifice?she is still paid in dollars
genuine?what abt the commission brohaha on the payment of our debt
only in nigeria do our own treat us with such disdain.
She is a sucker for international acclaim
madam your theories r archaic,your priorities are misplaced.
if i were u i would be in china 24 hs for 3 months,or in ,argentina learning how they escaped d imf noose.
but then its where your loyalty lies that is being questioned.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 09, 2012
based on comments here, I believe that CIA and other western spy agents have infiltrated this forum with the aim making our dear country ungovernable. They want "gaint of Africa" to be another Afganistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Libya, etc. Nigerians let's not allow the evil plans of CIA to come to fulfilment.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 09, 2012
@Nadanbata, 2 wrongs dont make a right. Let's give this policy a try. If it does not work, we can den protest the way we like.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by member479760: 6:45am On Jan 09, 2012
This is last chance for Ngozi to become a millionaire with world bank salary one will never become one.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Faraidi(m): 6:56am On Jan 09, 2012
This our useless Ngozi Okonjo Iwuala is clueless, how can she say they brought 1100 buses for 150,000000 Nigerians?she really don,t have sense
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 09, 2012
Lujan:

based on comments here, I believe that CIA and other western spy agents have infiltrated this forum with the aim making our dear country ungovernable. They want "gaint of Africa" to be another Afganistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Libya, etc. Nigerians let's not allow the evil plans of CIA to come to fulfilment.

Conspiracy theorist!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by dustydee: 6:59am On Jan 09, 2012
ochukoccna:

Is she serious?
What about foodstuff prices which have shot up?
What about increased cost of living on static salaries?
Don't worry they will soon import food and give to market women who have agreed to sell at reduced rates.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Konnektions146(m): 7:00am On Jan 09, 2012
who asked this woman to show up in an international TV like Al Jazeera?
i just watched the clip and seriously can believe this woman said the transporters agreed there is no need for price hike and that BUSES RUN ON DIESEL NOT PETROL.
OMG! this is just ridiculous

i hope TOYOTA,NISSAN,MAZDA,VOLKSWAGEN(danfo) and all dese CHINA BUS makers should correct this sham. eless uninformed lady.

cost of livin generally is not transportation alone. pls someone tell her
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by ade80: 7:01am On Jan 09, 2012
Lujan:

@Nadanbata, 2 wrongs dont make a right. Let's give this policy a try. If it does not work, we can den protest the way we like.

Which of the wrongs are you talking about
1. Govt refusing to catch the cabal and make them return the money stolen
2. Outrageous allowances paid to elected officers to do the job they volunteered for
3. Putting the burden on the people rather than fighting the cabal
4. Encouraging corruption by looking the other way rather than prosecuting the corrupt nnpc and dpr officials who falsify papers
5. Saying buying buses will cushion the amount of money I spend buying petrol for generator.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 09, 2012
she is constantly looking for aid investments from outside.never looking inward and that is why she fails all the time
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by donobi(m): 7:07am On Jan 09, 2012
My God this woman is clueless like her boss, 1100 buses as a paliative measures. Let break it down into 774 local govt we have in this country which means each local govt we get 2 buses that is if they get 2. What now happens to the market women that buys farm products from farmers ill they wait for this buses to come & carry their goods from the farms to the market? Or is it services that have doubled, this shows she knows nothing about Nigeria economy. See reasons. Gej, Gej ,Gej, how many do i call u 3 times pls sack this woman with her nomentity before she go CNN to tell them that Nigeria economy is the best economy & boko haram is not killing Nigerians. Mumu woman.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by ugochi86: 7:09am On Jan 09, 2012
NGOZI is a fool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Toks2008(m): 7:22am On Jan 09, 2012
JESUS! What has suddenly gone wrong with our president and even the so called Ngozi?

1100 Buses for how many people?, even 5000buses is not enough for Lagos commuters. What a show of shame.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by birdman(m): 7:24am On Jan 09, 2012
I feel sorry for Iweala. Her reputation has just been tarnished by badluck.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by charlsecy4(m): 7:24am On Jan 09, 2012
This Nigerian government is just a comedian. The imported buses will use imported diesel to run on bad roads? I think they should start importing roads as well!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by otokx(m): 7:26am On Jan 09, 2012
Ngozi needs deliverance of the demons in her.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by stagger: 7:27am On Jan 09, 2012
Some of us were the lone voices in the wilderness on Nairaland, crying out that this woman was an agent of the forces of darkness that have oppressed third world countries for years.

Have we not been vindicated?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by olumudegun: 7:29am On Jan 09, 2012
This woman is only Nigerian  in name but western in orientation. O ti shi patapata! O ma se o! It is sad when one finds foolishness and stupidity where one expects intelligence and wisdom. I thought they were talking about 1600 buses , how come its now 1100 buses? When will this deceit stop?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by charlisco(m): 7:33am On Jan 09, 2012
jonagoat administration is running out of idea
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by musawisdom(m): 7:37am On Jan 09, 2012
By her arithmetic, 1bus for a LG. And there are several 100buses going to lagos and other long journey in my town. Pls someone shd tel aunty 'konjo that she shd sit down and think again.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Wadosky(m): 7:37am On Jan 09, 2012
why is dis biitchy woman every where,she come de do d work of al dose thief ministers n coconut head jona.dis is a woman dat feels for nigerians n asked for her salary be paid in dols.okonjo iweala,ur name says it al,iwe na ewe ala nigeria,the land of nigeria is angry and it wil swallow u n ur family uglY BEATCH
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Xmind1: 7:39am On Jan 09, 2012
This woman is sharp and bold. I like her and I think she is better that most of the leaders this country has ever had. Even an a finance minister she could comment on other critical national issues. Let's watch out for her for president 2015.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by deandavid(m): 7:41am On Jan 09, 2012
i think fgn r not getting wat nigerians r saying, if u want us to bear pains, den lead by example first, slash ur allowances both executives nd legislators, fight corruptn seriously,possibly death penalty for corrupt public officers, Repair our refineries, lets know what u want to do wit this money, dnt jst say "improve maternal health care" how do u wnt to do that? Have thr nt been programs dat r aimed at improving maternal care? Yes, thy did notin wit d money, all d mney gone, or have they nt been allotin money for road constructn or repairs? Did dy repair any road? No, whr is d money? Gone. So those tins dis wman is sayin is nt d problem. We r nt fools. We hav been in dis game yr in yr out, if u dnt knw wat to do to improve our economy, resign.thr r more competent pple to do d job in dis country, even on NL.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by otokx(m): 7:45am On Jan 09, 2012
5 fingers of the same leprous hand are the people who go about using duplicate id to deceive themselves.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by bright007(f): 7:46am On Jan 09, 2012
*Its unfortunate that badluck has connived with some educated illiterates to play d fool on Nigerians.How I wish Yaradua can resurrect.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by omosexy1: 7:46am On Jan 09, 2012
I thought NOI was intelligent but her speech left my jaw hanging and my brains trying to process if the person on Al-Jazzera was truly Ngozi. We are talking of a 100% price hike on everything this woman is talking about transportation. OMG! I bought fuel yesterday because of the planned strike today, i filled my tank and my generator for N11,000 imagine this is something that cost me, on average N5000 and the cow Ngozi is talking about transport. No figures, no analysis just talk like they (government) all do. I remember I watched vividly on NTA during Obasanjo regime where some bunch of Chinese were shaking hands with OBJ and the interpretation was that Power Supply would be resolved soon, what happened, the darkness is getting darker. Now GEJ and his cohorts want to remove fuel subsidy, they never thought of the repercussion. They think imposing and talking on NTA would make us accept fuel subsidy removal. Now because Occupy Nigeria is becoming a reality they rush to NTA and Radio Nigeria again to deceive us about buying buses; BUSES (I hear una). What will Buses do to the N11,000 I just spent yesterday and will continue to spend if nothing positive happens. After I spend N11,000 I will enter bus and FG go dey do site seeing for me. I no go eat abi. The Government of Nigeria has never changed, the mentality and objective is the same, to impose suffering to the masses and enrich themselves. Please we must say NO to this, we must demand good governance, we must tell our government that enough is enough for them, it is no more business as usual, we must tell parties like PDP (who have no mandate or manifesto) that you cannot push us to poverty. Please lets Occupy Nigeria and make it a success. It will be a success Amen.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by nagoma(m): 7:47am On Jan 09, 2012
I normally pay N500 for a haircut and that is (was) high for this service in Nigeria. Yesterday , half way though, the barber said sorry oga we come to work from long distances the haircut is now N1000.00 Naira!
May be they will change their minds- if the President's bus route includes their home neighborhood. I may not have another haircut this year , sorry I have to put all my earnings into garri and cooking oil whose costs have also doubled.haircut is only for the living.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by ifyalways(f): 7:50am On Jan 09, 2012
After watching that clip,i just started loathing Madam Ngozi.come on now,she has let the govt. use her as an assswipe.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by queensmith: 7:52am On Jan 09, 2012
she went to harvard? and just said on al jazeera the president is working to bring costs down by commisioning ONE THOUSAND BUSES??

Shes definitely a slowpoke like her GEJ. shes an , she has no sense

female david starkey- its been long known these universities dont produce great leaders, they produce leaders that cause economic crisis and try to justify racism on tv! #imout!

and to those supporting the subsidy removal blindly stating the money can be used to build refineries, did you hear mention of refineries. She just told us what the money will be used for do you all still feel the same?

whats the point in improving maternal mortality rates if the women will finish giving birth and not find ways to feed thier offspring? what a backwards government? How is free healthcare going to improve nigerias situation? the poor will just have longer poor quality of lives? what a slap in the face!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by lumay2: 7:53am On Jan 09, 2012
OH MY PEOPLE,

PLEASE, WHO CAN EXPLAIN TO ME THE ECONOMIC LOGIC THAT SUPPORTS PURCHASE OF 1600 BUSES AT ZERO INTEREST RATE FOR TRANSPORT OPERATORS(INVESTORS) AND NOT BUILDING OF MORE REFINERIES TO REDUCE COST OF REMOVAL OF SUBSIDY ON PMS IN NIGERIA. IF THEY ARE SO CONCERN ABOUT NIGERIANS AND NOT TRYING TO BE WORLD BANK/IMF STOOGES WITH NIGERIAN PASSPORTS ,THEN, HELP TELL MAD(AM) NGOZI NOT TO BE IN OVER-AMBITIOUS PURSUIT OF WORLD BANK PRESIDENT POSITION BY RUNNING ERRANDS FOR WORLD BANK AS OUR FINANCE MINISTER. WE HAD HERE DURING THE 'LONDON CLUB DEBT' AND SHE IS BACK TO TAKE SUBSIDY FOR HER EMPLOYER
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Al-Jazeera Interview On Fuel Subsidy Removal by mohid(m): 7:58am On Jan 09, 2012
I watched that clip on Al-Jazeera and was shocked that our own Harvard-trained, World Bank M.D had suddenly become incomprehensible and surprisingly simpleminded. Her responses on the introduction of hundreds of buses in our cities with bad road networks shows the huge disconnect between those in govt. and the realities on ground. Worse was the statement about child immortality rate high and the need to channel subsidy funds to help curb it, it all sounded more like what a poorly schooled Local govt. Chairman will say to justify his forthcoming allocation he intends to embezzle. Funny how suddenly PhD’s suddenly sound witless in the moronic enclave that is the PDP, It only proves the Bible is always correct, "he that is a companion of fools shall be foolish".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Begins Probe Of Uduaghan Administration / Adeyinka Grandson: I’m A Yoruba Nationalist, Not Supremacist / Nnamdi Kanu’s Release Underway – Ekweremadu Assures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.